et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

By Jackie MacMullan | ESPNBoston.co

I listen to Tom Brady and I'm always left wondering what he's really thinking.

When he says, after a pregnant pause, that "it's not for me to evaluate" Danny Amendola's performance, does he really mean, "If I evaluated him, I'd take Wes Welker back!"? When he says Amendola "fought through some pretty tough injuries," does he really mean, "The guy can't stay healthy!"? And when he says, "He did everything the team asked of him,'' you know he really wants to add, "Except catch touchdowns!"

There was a time, back in the good old days, when Tom was still young and brash and unbridled, he told it to us straight. When the Patriots cut four-time Pro Bowl safety Lawyer Milloy in 2003 because they couldn't reach an agreement over his cap number, Brady didn't bother to hide his disgust, declaring he was "surprised as you could possibly be" about the move.

He was hauled into the principal's office and received a tongue-lashing for not touting the party line the way the face of the franchise should.

Since then, Brady has been maddeningly restrained, leaving us to speculate on how he truly feels.

Sounds fun. Let's speculate!

Dear Coach,

Hope the disappointment of our AFC Championship Game loss has softened a bit, although by the sound of your comments on Monday, there's a fat chance of that, huh?

You are a fierce competitor, a perfectionist, and I'm sure you are feeling the same way I am: frustrated, drained, and well, kinda beat up.

I'm just not sure why you are taking it out on Welker. I knew you and Wes clashed, but geez, Coach, let it go. You embarrassed yourself -- and us -- with your suggestion that Wes deliberately tried to take out Aqib Talib. It smacked of sour grapes, and made you look like the person you've instructed us NEVER to be: the guy who makes excuses when we come up s hort.

Did you ever stop to think what kind of position you put me in by saying all that stuff? Of course everyone was going to ask me about it. You are my coach and I have the highest regard for you. We are in this together, forever intertwined whether we like it or not, and I know you work as hard as I do at this, maybe even harder.

I will always have your back, but you attacked my close friend, my former teammate, one of my favorite receivers of all time. I don't believe for a minute Wes intentionally tried to take anyone out. He is one crushing collision away from ending his own career because of all the hits he's absorbed in this game -- many of them on your watch, Coach. I know you hate to lose. Me too. I take responsibility for my shortcomings in that loss to Denver. I'm still banging my helmet over that long ball to Julian Edelman. I should have made that throw. It was only 3-0 at the time. If we score there, who knows what happens?

Then again, maybe we do know. I'll never say it publicly, but it was pretty obvious to me theDenver Broncos are a better football team than we are. They have more weapons than we do.

Hell, everyone does!!

I'm not going to lie to you: It gnaws at me when I see Peyton Manning step to the line and survey the plethora of targets in front of him. He has multiple deep threats, receivers that thrive in coverage underneath. His running back had more than 500 receiving yards. He had four guys who caught 10 touchdowns or more (including Wes).

We have none. I have a gutsy, undersized slot receiver we'll probably let walk in free agency. I was throwing balls to a recycled Colts veteran who we cut two days after Christmas. We've got a guy Josh McDaniels swore would fit perfectly in our system, but he couldn't stay healthy to establish any kind of rhythm. We had a rookie who shows some promise, but only after I had to undress the kid and his fellow first-year sidekick, because neither one of them seemed able to run the proper routes for the first third of the season.

Coach, you gotta get me some weapons. I know the "Patriot Way" doesn't include going the extra mile financially for skill positions, but we've come up s hort for nine seasons in a row now. I'm 36 years old and I'm not getting any younger. You aren't, either, by the way.

I've done everything you and Mr. Kraft have asked. I've completely submerged my ego and my personality to the point where I want to nod off during my own news conferences. I restructured my contract to provide extra cap flexibility for the team. I was hopeful you'd use some of that cash to re-sign Welker, but you never had any intention of doing that. You were so convinced he was a "system receiver'' that you could plug in anyone and turn him into someone as tough and as reliable 

Julian fit that bill, and I certainly hope you plan to reward him. He was the best thing about this season, but I wouldn't blame him if he walked. When he came looking for a contract last season, he was given just $715,000 with a couple hundred thousand more in difficult incentives because he hadn't proved he could stay healthy. Fair enough, but then why did we throw five years and $31 million at Amendola, who has missed 24 games over the past three seasons?

Listen, Coach, we both know Aaron Hernandez isn't walking through that door. And let's be honest: There's a real chance that Rob Gronkowski might never be the same. The big lug is a game changer, but he's had more work done on him the past two years than Joan Rivers. We'll be lucky to have Gronk back by November of next season, and even when he does return, we have no idea what kind of physical toll this latest setback has caused him.

So find me a tight end, a big, strong, durable pass-catching target. I know we can't s hoot for the moon (although I have fantasized about what free agent Jimmy Graham could  do for us). I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

Even more critical, we need to bring in a receiver who can stretch the field. Randy Moss has been gone so long his tenure here feels like a mirage. Did it really happen? I feel like I haven't thrown a deep ball since Super Bowl XLVI.

Here's what you need to do, Coach. Sign Eric Decker. He's a free agent, and he made $1.3 million this season (I looked it up). I'm not sure how much he will cost, but overpay if you have to. This would be a win-win: You'd get me a reliable target to balance the field and you take one away from Peyton and the Broncos.

I'm proud of what our team did this season. We lost one guy after another and we kept on trucking. But you can't ask me to keep pace with Peyton when he's cruising along in a Cadillac and I'm clunking after him in a lemon.

Give me some juice. Give me a chance.

After all we've been through together, I think I've earned it.

Sincerely,
    TB12

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

LOVE IT! Hit nail on head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

perfect.

Brady sick of BB too. I mean ...he let them restrcuture his contract to get players and win the SB.

Now Pepper left......

I knew this is going to be a long season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady is getting sick of the SOS from BB.

He has acted outrageously out of character for him, from the tirade at the receivers early to the jawing at the official after the game to his comments about the defense to his stomping out of a presser....

This is not a content man. It is one very frustrated man who would have made massive $$$ if he went to the FA market instead of signing and restructuring to help the cap. Whether that will manifest itself in some significant way remains to be seen.

But if anything on this earth can shake the bedrock of the Kraft/BB pact, it would be Tom having a round of golf with Robert to air it out.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

Tom, you want Colt Lyerla. He is a talent-freak and will go the 5th round or later because of nonsense half the kids in America his age have done. His upside is possibly without limit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

I gotta tell ya, Denver best win the SB because their weak salary allocation and poor budgeting may be why they can't sign Decker in the offseason.

I would be ticked if my team drafted two good WRs and then could not give them a second deal due to that fatal budgeting flaw.

This article is pathetic because no one was saying a word last week about BB, the GM. In fact, people who hate him were gushing on tv about his GM and coaching work this year.

This is a hindsight 20/20 article all because Goodell's henchmen allow a dwarf like Welker in a Geat Gazoo helmet to pick top notch CBs across the field, illegally, a Brady shotgun spread preferred gameplan to show he could be like Gomie, and previous HUGE personnel  losses.

Disagree.....Look at the time of possesion of the Broncos= this one is totally on the defense.

The offense was inconsistent all year because the lack of weapons and two  rookies. the team struggled to score a point.

I don't know the Broncos salary cap right now, but I know their players were HURT last year with including their star RB. Plus with Tebow.

INow they are going to the SB because they are healty and Manning is the QB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dang, Bill Belichick is taking a beating in the media the past 2 days. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Tom, you want Colt Lyerla. He is a talent-freak and will go the 5th round or later because of nonsense half the kids in America his age have done. His upside is possibly without limit.

I think you are severely overestimating how many people in this country have tried cocaine.  This guy sounds exactly like Hernandez in terms of the character concerns.  Idk if the Pats are going to go that route again even if the kid is a beast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

When he says, after a pregnant pause, that "it's not for me to evaluate" Danny Amendola's performance, does he really mean, "If I evaluated him, I'd take Wes Welker back!"? When he says Amendola "fought through some pretty tough injuries," does he really mean, "The guy can't stay healthy!"? And when he says, "He did everything the team asked of him,'' you know he really wants to add, "Except catch touchdowns!"

There was a time, back in the good old days, when Tom was still young and brash and unbridled, he told it to us straight. When the Patriots cut four-time Pro Bowl safety Lawyer Milloy in 2003 because they couldn't reach an agreement over his cap number, Brady didn't bother to hide his disgust, declaring he was "surprised as you could possibly be" about the move.

He was hauled into the principal's office and received a tongue-lashing for not touting the party line the way the face of the franchise should.

Since then, Brady has been maddeningly restrained, leaving us to speculate on how he truly feels.

Dear Coach,

Hope the disappointment of our AFC Championship Game loss has softened a bit, although by the sound of your comments on Monday, there's a fat chance of that, huh?

You are a fierce competitor, a perfectionist, and I'm sure you are feeling the same way I am: frustrated, drained, and well, kinda beat up.

I'm just not sure why you are taking it out on Welker. I knew you and Wes clashed, but geez, Coach, let it go. You embarrassed yourself -- and us -- with your suggestion that Wes deliberately tried to take out Aqib Talib. It smacked of sour grapes, and made you look like the person you've instructed us NEVER to be: the guy who makes excuses when we come up s hort.

Did you ever stop to think what kind of position you put me in by saying all that stuff? Of course everyone was going to ask me about it. You are my coach and I have the highest regard for you. We are in this together, forever intertwined whether we like it or not, and I know you work as hard as I do at this, maybe even harder.

I will always have your back, but you attacked my close friend, my former teammate, one of my favorite receivers of all time. I don't believe for a minute Wes intentionally tried to take anyone out. He is one crushing collision away from ending his own career because of all the hits he's absorbed in this game -- many of them on your watch, Coach. I know you hate to lose. Me too. I take responsibility for my shortcomings in that loss to Denver. I'm still banging my helmet over that long ball to Julian Edelman. I should have made that throw. It was only 3-0 at the time. If we score there, who knows what happens?

Then again, maybe we do know. I'll never say it publicly, but it was pretty obvious to me theDenver Broncos are a better football team than we are. They have more weapons than we do.

Hell, everyone does!!

I'm not going to lie to you: It gnaws at me when I see Peyton Manning step to the line and survey the plethora of targets in front of him. He has multiple deep threats, receivers that thrive in coverage underneath. His running back had more than 500 receiving yards. He had four guys who caught 10 touchdowns or more (including Wes).

We have none. I have a gutsy, undersized slot receiver we'll probably let walk in free agency. I was throwing balls to a recycled Colts veteran who we cut two days after Christmas. We've got a guy Josh McDaniels swore would fit perfectly in our system, but he couldn't stay healthy to establish any kind of rhythm. We had a rookie who shows some promise, but only after I had to undress the kid and his fellow first-year sidekick, because neither one of them seemed able to run the proper routes for the first third of the season.

Coach, you gotta get me some weapons. I know the "Patriot Way" doesn't include going the extra mile financially for skill positions, but we've come up s hort for nine seasons in a row now. I'm 36 years old and I'm not getting any younger. You aren't, either, by the way.

I've done everything you and Mr. Kraft have asked. I've completely submerged my ego and my personality to the point where I want to nod off during my own news conferences. I restructured my contract to provide extra cap flexibility for the team. I was hopeful you'd use some of that cash to re-sign Welker, but you never had any intention of doing that. You were so convinced he was a "system receiver'' that you could plug in anyone and turn him into someone as tough and as reliable 

Julian fit that bill, and I certainly hope you plan to reward him. He was the best thing about this season, but I wouldn't blame him if he walked. When he came looking for a contract last season, he was given just $715,000 with a couple hundred thousand more in difficult incentives because he hadn't proved he could stay healthy. Fair enough, but then why did we throw five years and $31 million at Amendola, who has missed 24 games over the past three seasons?

Listen, Coach, we both know Aaron Hernandez isn't walking through that door. And let's be honest: There's a real chance that Rob Gronkowski might never be the same. The big lug is a game changer, but he's had more work done on him the past two years than Joan Rivers. We'll be lucky to have Gronk back by November of next season, and even when he does return, we have no idea what kind of physical toll this latest setback has caused him.

So find me a tight end, a big, strong, durable pass-catching target. I know we can't s hoot for the moon (although I have fantasized about what free agent Jimmy Graham could  do for us). I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

Even more critical, we need to bring in a receiver who can stretch the field. Randy Moss has been gone so long his tenure here feels like a mirage. Did it really happen? I feel like I haven't thrown a deep ball since Super Bowl XLVI.

Here's what you need to do, Coach. Sign Eric Decker. He's a free agent, and he made $1.3 million this season (I looked it up). I'm not sure how much he will cost, but overpay if you have to. This would be a win-win: You'd get me a reliable target to balance the field and you take one away from Peyton and the Broncos.

I'm proud of what our team did this season. We lost one guy after another and we kept on trucking. But you can't ask me to keep pace with Peyton when he's cruising along in a Cadillac and I'm clunking after him in a lemon.

Sincerely,
    TB12

When asked do I think WW intentionally tried to take out Talib? I say hell yes! I diddn't need BB to tell me that D.Thomas couldn't catch a cold while Talib was on his tail, but right after he left he became the unstoppable WR against inferior DB's, so yes it was WW's intention to help his team by taking Talib out, proof was easy he wasn't making a play on the ball, but he was crossbody launching his tiny little 195 lbs body into Talib's bad hip and he even managed to whip his bony leg into Talib's knee. So whether or not you believe it , I do as it is my right to believe what I see over 200 times and from several angles. I do think it is time for BB to take back the defensive reins and do more of the game planning on offense, the OC and the DC both have flunked two years in a row, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! In closing I say good bye to Pepper Johnson and wish him well in whatever endeavor he choses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

Totally agree on Lyerla...he may be kind of a head case but the talent is undeniable..take him in the 4th if you have to..if u dont believe me check out his clips on youtube ...he's a beast

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to IndyTony's comment:

Totally agree on Lyerla...he may be kind of a head case but the talent is undeniable..take him in the 4th if you have to..if u dont believe me check out his clips on youtube ...he's a beast

The kid hangs out with drug dealers, abandoned his team, and was suspended multiple times for drugs and his affliates. So, you want to bring in another person who hangs out with drug dealers, only this one has the added bit that he abandoned his team? Yeah lets spend more resources on players like that........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I think you are severely overestimating how many people in this country have tried cocaine.  This guy sounds exactly like Hernandez in terms of the character concerns.  Idk if the Pats are going to go that route again even if the kid is a beast.

Nothing whatsoever like AH. This kid is not a gang banger. He got 10 days in jail that he can serve on a work crew. He must be drug tested for 2 years. What the hell is the risk on a 5th round or lower pick? Dennard was a way bigger risk.

Some 25 million Americans have tried cocaine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Pitiful article from McMullen.  trotting out the old "I'll write a fake letter from Brady to Bellicheck!  I'm so clever!"

It's not clever - it's stupid.

When Brady says that Amendola worked hard and overcame injuries - that is exactly what he means.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Dang, Bill Belichick is taking a beating in the media the past 2 days. 

What else is new? The guy isa COTY finalist and runaway Exec of the Year as GM with Caserio, and because a depleted NE team loses by 10 points on the road in perfect GOmie conditions for January in Denver, BB takes all the blame. which is preposterous.

He is looking like a sore loser.  I hate to see him look like that, even if he does it very well.  Maybe he should have continued the "say nothing" act going a bit longer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

What does it matter what she says.

There are a lot of Front Runners on this Board

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:

I gotta tell ya, Denver best win the SB because their weak salary allocation and poor budgeting may be why they can't sign Decker in the offseason.

I would be ticked if my team drafted two good WRs and then could not give them a second deal due to that fatal budgeting flaw.

This article is pathetic because no one was saying a word last week about BB, the GM. In fact, people who hate him were gushing on tv about his GM and coaching work this year.

This is a hindsight 20/20 article all because Goodell's henchmen allow a dwarf like Welker in a Geat Gazoo helmet to pick top notch CBs across the field, illegally, a Brady shotgun spread preferred gameplan to show he could be like Gomie, and previous HUGE personnel  losses.

Disagree.....Look at the time of possesion of the Broncos= this one is totally on the defense.

The offense was inconsistent all year because the lack of weapons and two  rookies. the team struggled to score a point.

I don't know the Broncos salary cap right now, but I know their players were HURT last year with including their star RB. Plus with Tebow.

INow they are going to the SB because they are healty and Manning is the QB.

So, the injuries are on the defense, huh?  Do you really think they could afford another on D and still won a SB? I don't.

The second Welkie threw the cheapshot, whether it was ordered or not by Fox, I knew the Pats were in trouble on D. Who wouldn't when you're using Talib as your chip?

But 16 points ain't cutting it.  A turnover would have changed things, but credit Denver and Gomie in perfect weather not throwing one against a depleted D.

It is what it is, but this D was clearly loaded if not for the rash of injuries, which proves BB was clearly on the right track with the team build in 2014.

Injuries happend in the NFL. It should not be an excuse. Also, it should be pretending that Talib isn't injury prone. I thought the Pats have good depth  to replace them. Wilfork  isn't getting young. Our sophomore players has not flourish yet.

Is this defense still rank below 20 ...again.  I don't think it will make a difference if  Wilfork, Mayo, and Kelly played this season. Their Safeties, linebackers, and conerbacks sucks.

Also,  why the gamplan is surround by only good defensive back, CB Talib? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Brady is getting sick of the SOS from BB.

He has acted outrageously out of character for him, from the tirade at the receivers early to the jawing at the official after the game to his comments about the defense to his stomping out of a presser....

This is not a content man. It is one very frustrated man who would have made massive $$$ if he went to the FA market instead of signing and restructuring to help the cap. Whether that will manifest itself in some significant way remains to be seen.

But if anything on this earth can shake the bedrock of the Kraft/BB pact, it would be Tom having a round of golf with Robert to air it out.

Sounds more like a spoiled crybaby. This all started in 2007, too.  Brady takes up more the cap.

Brady and Giselle's choice.

Liar!!!  His cap for the past 6 years has been extremely low.  3 of those years@ 8M.

Mankins and Fork have had higher cap hits.  So has Mark Sanchez and Tony ROMO to name a few.   BB's toy gun uses more cap than him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to IndyTony's comment:

The kid hangs out with drug dealers, abandoned his team, and was suspended multiple times for drugs and his affliates.

I've seen no evidence of hanging around with drug dealers. He got busted blowing toot in a car. That's it.

And he was suspended one game for missing a single game. The kid was greatly underutilized, that's common knowledge, and that's why he left the team in the end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This Iooks fun. Let me try...

Dear coach, 

1st off I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for drafting me, and developing me into the best QB in NFL history. Thank you for building a team that has won more Super Bowls, more afc championships and more games then any team in the history of the sport for a 14 year period. God, when I was fighting off Drew Henson for playing time at Michigan I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I had a chance to play in 8 afc championships. So, again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

I know with how this league is built for parity it has been very difficult to maintain a team that stays competitive every single year, but you have done it. I know after we stuck a hot chile pepper up the butts of the NFL from 01 to 04, your coaching cupboard was raided. Watching guys like RAC amd Weiss go elsewhere and then their 2 replacements get HC gigs right away left you without guys you could count on, but you have done an admirable job keeping the ship afloat.

I realize that after 2006 you tailor built the offense for me, by bringing in the most dominate receiver in NFL history and the human slot machine WW. I would like to formally apologize for only scoring 14 points in that Super Bowl,  but in all fairness I dont think passing so much against the best pass rush in the league worked very well.....regardless, I accept my portion of the blame. 

In 2010, I turned in my best season of my career and was voted the 1st unanimous mvp in NFL history.  I accomplished this after we shipped out Moss and built our offense around my strengths, that being the 2 TE sets, heavy use of a power run game and utilizing the play action pass. I believe I am the best playaction QB in NFL history,  and the 2 TE offense, and heavy use of the power running game is play actions best friend. 36 tds to 4 interceptions tells the tale! 

However, I have to vocalize my displeasure in our recent post season skid. It seems that despite the overwhelming evidence that utilizing a power run game leads to increased offensive efficiency in the post season we just no longer use it. I am taking major hits coach. I am throwing over 600 times a year and 45 times a playoff loss against the best pass rushing teams in the league. I have thrown 285 balls in our last 6 playoff losses to only 66 power runs. Count em coach, 66 power runs, and 47 scat back runs out of our spread sets....kind of tough for me to sell playaction, wear down a defense, and counter effective pass rushers with this kind of game plan coach!

I am a sitting duck, and it feels like every good post season D I play against knows what I'm gonna do before I do it. I need help coach. I need us to stay committed to running the damn football. I'm 37 years old next year and just came off 3 years of throwing over 600 times. My shoulder hurts coach, as do my cracked ribs and busted throwing hand. 

I don't have much time left at this rate coach but if we lean heavily on a power running game like we did when we were winning super bowls, I can stay upright, utilize PA, wear down opposing defenses,  maximize field position and T.O.P and possibly help our young defense by keeping them off the field....you know like all these playoff teams do to us.

In the words of LL Cool J from "Any Given Sunday" Im with you coach, getcha chit straight. 

Sincerely yours, 

A grateful QB,

TOM BRADY.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Dear Coach,

Hell, everyone does!!

Sincerely,
    TB12

spot on...if Brady read this you know he is smiling

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

This Iooks fun. Let me try...

Dear coach, 

1st off I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for drafting me, and developing me into the best QB in NFL history. Thank you for building a team that has won more Super Bowls, more afc championships and more games then any team in the history of the sport for a 14 year period. God, when I was fighting off Drew Henson for playing time at Michigan I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I had a chance to play in 8 afc championships. So, again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

I know with how this league is built for parity it has been very difficult to maintain a team that stays competitive every single year, but you have done it. I know after we stuck a hot chile pepper up the butts of the NFL from 01 to 04, your coaching cupboard was raided. Watching guys like RAC amd Weiss go elsewhere and then their 2 replacements get HC gigs right away left you without guys you could count on, but you have done an admirable job keeping the ship afloat.

I realize that after 2006 you tailor built the offense for me, by bringing in the most dominate receiver in NFL history and the human slot machine WW. I would like to formally apologize for only scoring 14 points in that Super Bowl,  but in all fairness I dont think passing so much against the best pass rush in the league worked very well.....regardless, I accept my portion of the blame. 

In 2010, I turned in my best season of my career and was voted the 1st unanimous mvp in NFL history.  I accomplished this after we shipped out Moss and built our offense around my strengths, that being the 2 TE sets, heavy use of a power run game and utilizing the play action pass. I believe I am the best playaction QB in NFL history,  and the 2 TE offense, and heavy use of the power running game is play actions best friend. 36 tds to 4 interceptions tells the tale! 

However, I have to vocalize my displeasure in our recent post season skid. It seems that despite the overwhelming evidence that utilizing a power run game leads to increased offensive efficiency in the post season we just no longer use it. I am taking major hits coach. I am throwing over 600 times a year and 45 times a playoff loss against the best pass rushing teams in the league. I have thrown 285 balls in our last 6 playoff losses to only 66 power runs. Count em coach, 66 power runs, and 47 scat back runs out of our spread sets....kind of tough for me to sell playaction, wear down a defense, and counter effective pass rushers with this kind of game plan coach!

I am a sitting duck, and it feels like every good post season D I play against knows what I'm gonna do before I do it. I need help coach. I need us to stay committed to running the damn football. I'm 37 years old next year and just came off 3 years of throwing over 600 times. My shoulder hurts coach, as do my cracked ribs and busted throwing hand. 

I don't have much time left at this rate coach but if we lean heavily on a power running game like we did when we were winning super bowls, I can stay upright, utilize PA, wear down opposing defenses,  maximize field position and T.O.P and possibly help our young defense by keeping them off the field....you know like all these playoff teams do to us.

In the words of LL Cool J from "Any Given Sunday" Im with you coach, getcha chit straight. 

Sincerely yours, 

A grateful QB,

TOM BRADY.

you forgot ur running game and OL ain't up to the task against good D and worse ur D blows against good O so while u sputter and go 3 and out again and again a quality QB will be building a lead forcing to throw exclusively (see AFCCG 2014)

Sincerely,

JINTS

Sections
Shortcuts