et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom:

Hey Bill,

Decided to write you back in blog form because you covered a lot and want to let you know how I feel.

I'm a little taken aback by your letter. First, a letter? Really? Who writes letters?

Well you being so old and set in your ways and stubborn about changes I figured letter was the best way to get in touch wth you. Didn't figure you'd quite master e-mail yet, it a new wrinkle the world instituted and might be hard for you to adapt. It might require you to rebuild on the fly but with you that seems to take over half a decade.

Second, it's well written and I thought you graduated from Michigan? Oh well, never mind that.

Fair enough

You well know that when we built this team we had a receiving corps that featured the two headed tight end combination that has been the envy of the football world. Had I known Tom, that Aaron was practicing to be Tony Montana in his spare time (only he wasn't practicing), I may have approached things somewhat differently. 

Oh Bill, with all you Florida connections you couldn't see he was still hanging out with his gang friends and causing issues at their camp? It's funny you seem to know everyone and everything but the media found out he never let go of the thug life even in college? Maybe you should have done what you did with all the other players previously (you know like Branch right before it cost us another chance at a SB in 06') and waited until the end of his rook contract or I don't know not tie up so much gauranteed money into a kid with such red flags. Unless you are telling me you know nothing about players outside of the field then that would explain a couple of things

Had I further known that Gronkowski would come back from his arm surgery just fine only to have his leg rolled by some journeyman DB (and I don't mean defensive back) on the eve of the postseason, again, perhaps we might have had a contingency in place. Don't know right now what that backup plan might have consisted of, but we'd have come up with something.

What so you are telling me you never thought a guy who is getting injured every year would get injured so you thought 3rd and 4th rate backups were fine? Have you been drinking again?

But, you know, you don't easily replace guys like that, not on the fly. Next year, I promise to meet with a soothsayer or have my Tarot cards read, or some such thing, in advance of the draft. Maybe then, I'll be more in tune with the Earth's frequency and will have a better handle on the future. Hey, it worked for Nostradamus, right? 

Well tell you what Bill lets forget that restructure ever happened and I'll give you the future right now Amendola will get hurt, Gronk will get hurt, Vollmer will get hurt, if you resign Talib he will get hurt, and guess what if you resign Edelman there is a good chance he'll get hurt. Now get proper backups for when they do with that money I saved you.

So Tom, those two guys were sort of the leaders of the receiving corps. That's worked fairly well for us the last couple of three years. We led the league in yards from scrimmage last year and were second in 2011, I just looked it up. Scored over 500 points Tom, both years. That's actually pretty good.

Wow, two previous years that's great Bill. So... does the league average those numbers with this year and give us a ribbon for that?

Now, I know we let that receiver leave. Look, we all liked the little guy. Heck, we plucked him from obscurity in Miami, and paid a fair price to get him. Worked out damn well too, if I do say so myself (you're welcome). But the fact is Tom, we weren't going to win a championship doing the same thing this year. Sure, we'd have re-signed him if he would have taken our offer, but his role would have changed and I'm not sure how that would have gone over with him.

We weren't going to win a championship doing the same thig and yet you replaced him with the most similar player you could find but was much, much more injury prone. You are right Bill, doing the same thing doesn't get us very far so you decided it was to easy and made it harder? How about just adding to a productive we like Weilker by adding, I don't know, and actual outside threat?

I'm not blaming him for the drop in 2011 by the way, stuff happens...ah hell Tom, it was right in his f'in hands!! Crap! And then he does that to Talib, the h e l l with him I say. He's dead to me.

Okay, I'm calm now...so where were we?

It was the signing the tag and not taking a below market deal to play under such a great coach wasn't it? What ever happened to doing what's best for the team and putting your ego aside? Isn't that the BS you feed the media. Btw Bill, if I remember right I got you the lead with less then 3mins left the last 2 SB's and the D couldn't hold for 1 drive. Weren't you suppose to be a defensive genius? Where has our D been since 08' Bill?

You did fine with Julian, didn't you? Caught over 100 balls, 1,000 yards, pretty much what that other guy used to do. Granted, that wasn't necessarily the plan, but sometimes necessity is the mother of invention, and you can't accuse us of not adapting to the circumstances around here.

Yes thank you for giving me 1 receiver who has been consistent all year. Instead of spreading the ball out to a TE, and 2-3 WR's I was able to get another 100 rec WR because I had no one else to throw to. Thanks Bill that was great. How about next year you don't resign him and we can get the guy in section 1 seat 6 100 recs too

Let's talk about Danny. So, it didn't go quite as well as we'd have hoped with him. He had his moments, but the injuries were kind of a setback. He was doing fine before we ran that darn reverse and he got his bell rung. On the other hand Tom, Julian kind of took a lot of the stuff that we figured would have gone Danny's way, and there are only so many underneath routes to go around. 

Lets talk about Danny. So the injures set him back huh? You mean to tell me an injury prone player got injured. WHo would have ever guessed that a guy who has been injured his entire pro career would get injured? You no who, I saw a 3yr old at the market and ask him if he knew who Danny was, the kid said yeah he's the guy always hurt Bill. It doesn't take a tarot card reader with a horrible fake jamican accent to figure out he was going to get hurt. BTW Bill, he still had an average year because that's what he is! No wonder the Rams didn't even offer him a decent contract. 

Apart from Boyce who is a bit more of a project, I thought Aaron and Kenbrell did fine. They had some ups and downs, some drops. Can't hide those can you? But I'm not going to list all the hall of fame receivers who did next to nothing in their first year. I'm not saying either of those guys is Jerry Rice, but my gut tells me they will both make the club next year and catch 50 or 60 balls apiece, maybe more. 

If you think Thompkins did fine why didn't you play him more. You were all about playing him when there were only 2 other WRs but what about at the end of the year when we had no RZ threat? Why did you all but bench him and make him inactive if you thought he did a decent job. BTW Dobson needs a couple more years and some stickem'. Seriously he never dropped a ball his last year in college? Maybe he's just making up for lost time this year.

We also had Vereen out of the backfield, and he caught a lot of passes. He was hurt (who wasn't), but productive when he was in there. 

Gee another injury prone player who was hurt, who would have guessed. Not even sure Nostradamus would have seen an injury prone player get injured. That was sarcasm if you couldn't guess. You should have brought back Woodhead at least we could count on him to be on the field. BTW how is that $600k you saved by signing Washington treating you? I know it didn't help us out much in Car or Jets. 

You know, we were third in points scored this year Tom, despite all the injuries. Top ten in passing yards and rushing yards. Not even Denver managed that. I just don't think overpaying Eric Decker is going to make a huge difference, but we can talk about it.

You're right Bill signing Decker won't make much of a difference so lets sign more Wilsons, and Washingtons, Fenana's and Sopo's because they made all the difference right Bill. Better yet lets sign Cadwell back that 06' receiving core made no difference. BTW Bill you're welcome for those offensive stats. I had to work my butt off with little help to make sure we got those. Did you see those drops this year (and you want to talk about Welkers drops) and that OL look like a pourous shell? And how was or D again this year Bill. All that money, draft picks, and resources spent rebuilding the last 5 years. How has that gone for you. Glad me restructure went to A. Wilson and all.

So Tom, love ya man, but next time, pick up the phone. Say hi to G for me. Talk soon.

All right Bill see you later man, but if I see more retreads signed before actually players in their prime we need to have a talk

Bill

[/QUOTE]

BRAVO! Muzzy's silly "Let's Not Blame Bellichick The GM But Blame The QB Who Is The Only Reason We Win More Than 8 Games Every Year" rant exposed and disposed! BRAVO! BRAVO I SAY! (stands and applauds)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By Jackie MacMullan | ESPNBoston.co

I listen to Tom Brady and I'm always left wondering what he's really thinking.

When he says, after a pregnant pause, that "it's not for me to evaluate" Danny Amendola's performance, does he really mean, "If I evaluated him, I'd take Wes Welker back!"? When he says Amendola "fought through some pretty tough injuries," does he really mean, "The guy can't stay healthy!"? And when he says, "He did everything the team asked of him,'' you know he really wants to add, "Except catch touchdowns!"

There was a time, back in the good old days, when Tom was still young and brash and unbridled, he told it to us straight. When the Patriots cut four-time Pro Bowl safety Lawyer Milloy in 2003 because they couldn't reach an agreement over his cap number, Brady didn't bother to hide his disgust, declaring he was "surprised as you could possibly be" about the move.

He was hauled into the principal's office and received a tongue-lashing for not touting the party line the way the face of the franchise should.

Since then, Brady has been maddeningly restrained, leaving us to speculate on how he truly feels.

Sounds fun. Let's speculate!

Dear Coach,

Hope the disappointment of our AFC Championship Game loss has softened a bit, although by the sound of your comments on Monday, there's a fat chance of that, huh?

You are a fierce competitor, a perfectionist, and I'm sure you are feeling the same way I am: frustrated, drained, and well, kinda beat up.

I'm just not sure why you are taking it out on Welker. I knew you and Wes clashed, but geez, Coach, let it go. You embarrassed yourself -- and us -- with your suggestion that Wes deliberately tried to take out Aqib Talib. It smacked of sour grapes, and made you look like the person you've instructed us NEVER to be: the guy who makes excuses when we come up s hort.

Did you ever stop to think what kind of position you put me in by saying all that stuff? Of course everyone was going to ask me about it. You are my coach and I have the highest regard for you. We are in this together, forever intertwined whether we like it or not, and I know you work as hard as I do at this, maybe even harder.

I will always have your back, but you attacked my close friend, my former teammate, one of my favorite receivers of all time. I don't believe for a minute Wes intentionally tried to take anyone out. He is one crushing collision away from ending his own career because of all the hits he's absorbed in this game -- many of them on your watch, Coach. I know you hate to lose. Me too. I take responsibility for my shortcomings in that loss to Denver. I'm still banging my helmet over that long ball to Julian Edelman. I should have made that throw. It was only 3-0 at the time. If we score there, who knows what happens?

Then again, maybe we do know. I'll never say it publicly, but it was pretty obvious to me theDenver Broncos are a better football team than we are. They have more weapons than we do.

Hell, everyone does!!

I'm not going to lie to you: It gnaws at me when I see Peyton Manning step to the line and survey the plethora of targets in front of him. He has multiple deep threats, receivers that thrive in coverage underneath. His running back had more than 500 receiving yards. He had four guys who caught 10 touchdowns or more (including Wes).

We have none. I have a gutsy, undersized slot receiver we'll probably let walk in free agency. I was throwing balls to a recycled Colts veteran who we cut two days after Christmas. We've got a guy Josh McDaniels swore would fit perfectly in our system, but he couldn't stay healthy to establish any kind of rhythm. We had a rookie who shows some promise, but only after I had to undress the kid and his fellow first-year sidekick, because neither one of them seemed able to run the proper routes for the first third of the season.

Coach, you gotta get me some weapons. I know the "Patriot Way" doesn't include going the extra mile financially for skill positions, but we've come up s hort for nine seasons in a row now. I'm 36 years old and I'm not getting any younger. You aren't, either, by the way.

I've done everything you and Mr. Kraft have asked. I've completely submerged my ego and my personality to the point where I want to nod off during my own news conferences. I restructured my contract to provide extra cap flexibility for the team. I was hopeful you'd use some of that cash to re-sign Welker, but you never had any intention of doing that. You were so convinced he was a "system receiver'' that you could plug in anyone and turn him into someone as tough and as reliable 

Julian fit that bill, and I certainly hope you plan to reward him. He was the best thing about this season, but I wouldn't blame him if he walked. When he came looking for a contract last season, he was given just $715,000 with a couple hundred thousand more in difficult incentives because he hadn't proved he could stay healthy. Fair enough, but then why did we throw five years and $31 million at Amendola, who has missed 24 games over the past three seasons?

Listen, Coach, we both know Aaron Hernandez isn't walking through that door. And let's be honest: There's a real chance that Rob Gronkowski might never be the same. The big lug is a game changer, but he's had more work done on him the past two years than Joan Rivers. We'll be lucky to have Gronk back by November of next season, and even when he does return, we have no idea what kind of physical toll this latest setback has caused him.

So find me a tight end, a big, strong, durable pass-catching target. I know we can't s hoot for the moon (although I have fantasized about what free agent Jimmy Graham could  do for us). I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

Even more critical, we need to bring in a receiver who can stretch the field. Randy Moss has been gone so long his tenure here feels like a mirage. Did it really happen? I feel like I haven't thrown a deep ball since Super Bowl XLVI.

Here's what you need to do, Coach. Sign Eric Decker. He's a free agent, and he made $1.3 million this season (I looked it up). I'm not sure how much he will cost, but overpay if you have to. This would be a win-win: You'd get me a reliable target to balance the field and you take one away from Peyton and the Broncos.

I'm proud of what our team did this season. We lost one guy after another and we kept on trucking. But you can't ask me to keep pace with Peyton when he's cruising along in a Cadillac and I'm clunking after him in a lemon.

Give me some juice. Give me a chance.

After all we've been through together, I think I've earned it.

Sincerely,
    TB12

[/QUOTE]

Reasonable analagy of this year. Brady did have all the weapons for a few years and they still didn't win. The D and Oline are problems as well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

I gotta tell ya, Denver best win the SB because their weak salary allocation and poor budgeting may be why they can't sign Decker in the offseason.

I would be ticked if my team drafted two good WRs and then could not give them a second deal due to that fatal budgeting flaw.

This article is pathetic because no one was saying a word last week about BB, the GM. In fact, people who hate him were gushing on tv about his GM and coaching work this year.

This is a hindsight 20/20 article all because Goodell's henchmen allow a dwarf like Welker in a Geat Gazoo helmet to pick top notch CBs across the field, illegally, a Brady shotgun spread preferred gameplan to show he could be like Gomie, and previous HUGE personnel  losses.

Funny how all your "salary cap hell" teams (Baltimore, Denver) are beating the Pats in the AFC Championship game.  Maybe a little overspending is what it takes to get over the hump in the playoffs? You may pay with some player losses the next year, but you win before you pay. 

Something to think about . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tom:

I'm a little taken aback by your letter. First, a letter? Really? Who writes letters?

Second, it's well written and I thought you graduated from Michigan? Oh well, never mind that.

You well know that when we built this team we had a receiving corps that featured the two headed tight end combination that has been the envy of the football world. Had I known Tom, that Aaron was practicing to be Tony Montana in his spare time (only he wasn't practicing), I may have approached things somewhat differently. 

Had I further known that Gronkowski would come back from his arm surgery just fine only to have his leg rolled by some journeyman DB (and I don't mean defensive back) on the eve of the postseason, again, perhaps we might have had a contingency in place. Don't know right now what that backup plan might have consisted of, but we'd have come up with something.

But, you know, you don't easily replace guys like that, not on the fly. Next year, I promise to meet with a soothsayer or have my Tarot cards read, or some such thing, in advance of the draft. Maybe then, I'll be more in tune with the Earth's frequency and will have a better handle on the future. Hey, it worked for Nostradamus, right? 

So Tom, those two guys were sort of the leaders of the receiving corps. That's worked fairly well for us the last couple of three years. We led the league in yards from scrimmage last year and were second in 2011, I just looked it up. Scored over 500 points Tom, both years. That's actually pretty good.

Now, I know we let that receiver leave. Look, we all liked the little guy. Heck, we plucked him from obscurity in Miami, and paid a fair price to get him. Worked out damn well too, if I do say so myself (you're welcome). But the fact is Tom, we weren't going to win a championship doing the same thing this year. Sure, we'd have re-signed him if he would have taken our offer, but his role would have changed and I'm not sure how that would have gone over with him.

I'm not blaming him for the drop in 2011 by the way, stuff happens...ah hell Tom, it was right in his f'in hands!! Crap! And then he does that to Talib, the h e l l with him I say. He's dead to me.

Okay, I'm calm now...so where were we?

You did fine with Julian, didn't you? Caught over 100 balls, 1,000 yards, pretty much what that other guy used to do. Granted, that wasn't necessarily the plan, but sometimes necessity is the mother of invention, and you can't accuse us of not adapting to the circumstances around here.

Let's talk about Danny. So, it didn't go quite as well as we'd have hoped with him. He had his moments, but the injuries were kind of a setback. He was doing fine before we ran that darn reverse and he got his bell rung. On the other hand Tom, Julian kind of took a lot of the stuff that we figured would have gone Danny's way, and there are only so many underneath routes to go around. 

Apart from Boyce who is a bit more of a project, I thought Aaron and Kenbrell did fine. They had some ups and downs, some drops. Can't hide those can you? But I'm not going to list all the hall of fame receivers who did next to nothing in their first year. I'm not saying either of those guys is Jerry Rice, but my gut tells me they will both make the club next year and catch 50 or 60 balls apiece, maybe more. 

We also had Vereen out of the backfield, and he caught a lot of passes. He was hurt (who wasn't), but productive when he was in there. 

You know, we were third in points scored this year Tom, despite all the injuries. Top ten in passing yards and rushing yards. Not even Denver managed that. I just don't think overpaying Eric Decker is going to make a huge difference, but we can talk about it.

So Tom, love ya man, but next time, pick up the phone. Say hi to G for me. Talk soon.

Bill

Dear Bill,  

That was an awfully long letter, so I'll just keep it s h o r t this time.  Please, let's just do something this offseason so I don't have to throw to Matthew Slater in the playoffs ever again.

Best,

Tom

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dear Bill,  

That was an awfully long letter, so I'll just keep it s h o r t this time.  Please, let's just do something this offseason so I don't have to throw to Matthew Slater in the playoffs ever again.

Best,

Tom

[/QUOTE]

Deal.

I (Muzwell, not Bill) was the guy who advocated dumping Slater in favor of a real football player, if anybody recalls that. I was universally mocked, of course. My point was that we might actually need a guy who can run a route at some point, and the difference between an average ST player and Slater isn't that great so as to justify a roster spot over a guy who can play football. Still feel that way.

Mock away...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BRAVO! Muzzy's silly "Let's Not Blame Bellichick The GM But Blame The QB Who Is The Only Reason We Win More Than 8 Games Every Year" rant exposed and disposed! BRAVO! BRAVO I SAY! (stands and applauds)

[/QUOTE]

Of course, I never said Tom Brady was to blame for anything in my "rant." Just responded to the letter "Tom" sent to Bill. I like Brady, I think he's a top 5 all-time QB, and I think BB has made his share of mistakes, including the hiring of the current OC, but criticizing him because he should have known six key players would get hurt (not including Amendola in this) or incarcerated is fargin stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

good posts all..Muzzy, you are still the man!

what no one commented on however is the following;

TB has been in the league for many, many years. Never been in any trouble. Never really does wrong (that we know of). He bleeds Pats, and has put his money where his mouth is taking deals and renegotiating all for the team. He is really friends with RK, not simply aquaintances. (I dont believe BB has friends, especially QB's)

Why does this team still have a tight muzzle on TB? Certainly TB wont embarass the team. But wouldnt it be refreshing to finally hear what TB really has to say?

All we are left with is to read between the lines,assume and guess.

Jackie M guessed and assumed. It was interesting to read, well written and touched a nerve after Sundays embarassment. Was it true?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, I never said Tom Brady was to blame for anything in my "rant." Just responded to the letter "Tom" sent to Bill. I like Brady, I think he's a top 5 all-time QB, and I think BB has made his share of mistakes, including the hiring of the current OC, but criticizing him because he should have known six key players would get hurt (not including Amendola in this) or incarcerated is fargin stupid.

[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with the incarcerated comment. The red flags were every where with Hern, including team mates going to BB warning of impending problems. This was all hashed over on his forum at the time of arrest, but IMO it was clear warnings were out, but ignored. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Really think about BB over the many years here and how many times has he EVER called any player out, even the hit that took Gronk out his reply was that he would let the league decide. He knows Wes and watching the hit that was my initial response, so again after watching a few times I agree with BB, As far as TB goes  I agree that he must be mad not having good receivers but no one could have seen injuries that this team had over the season I was pleasantly surprised that they went this farm not long ago there were polls asking if this was BV best year coaching now he's a sore loser, So Not BILL...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Just think of BB signed Welker Talib would never have been hurt. In all seriousnes Kraft needs a GM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

At this point I don't care if BB stays or goes. Just get Brady some damn weopons and make his final years worth it. There is no reason he can't go out like John Elway with 2 SB's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fair enough Muz...i did lay it on a bit too thick there! Btw fargin = Johnny Dangerously??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fair enough Muz...i did lay it on a bit too thick there! Btw fargin = Johnny Dangerously??

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you bastige.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you bastige.

[/QUOTE]

haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

The most amazing thing to me is that BB is somehow supposed to predict injuries. Should have known Gronk would get taken out at the knees. Has he hurt his knee before? I don't think so, but I guess it was obvious to everybody that he was going to. 

Vereen too, no doubt he was going to break his wrist. All the signs were there, and Vollmer too. A broken leg was obviously in his future. Not sure how BB missed that. He's got to be an idiot.

VW, Mayo, Kelly, just three bags of bones. How could they not get hurt?

As for complaining about Amendola getting hurt, you guys should be happy. He sucks anyway according to the consensus, so it's addition by subtraction if he can't play, right?  What's the problem?

And of course, BB knew Hernandez had to be a killer. C'mon, a hispanic guy with tats who hangs with other hispanic guys. They're all killers.

[/QUOTE]

With Mayo, WIlfork, and Kelly there was no way (didn't have this type of history before) but you can't tell me given past history that you couldn't have seen Talib, Vereen, Gronk, Vollmer, and Amendola getting injured. That's like me handing you dice that has 6's on 3 sides and you betting the under saying how could you have guessed it would come up over? Well because the odds with those players given history said they would. Whether fluke or nagging for some reason some players just get injured more often then others. Who knows why but when year in and year out when you are saying well this guy was injured so he didn't perform up to his full capability maybe you should count how many years you've said that. Take Amendola for instance, he had a average career year yet everyone is saying well that's because he was injured. Well guess what he was injured those other years too that's what makes it an average year for him. Not getting injured would be a career best for him, that right there should tell you something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Bill,  

Best,

Tom

[/QUOTE]

Deal.

I (Muzwell, not Bill) was the guy who advocated dumping Slater in favor of a real football player, if anybody recalls that. I was universally mocked, of course. My point was that we might actually need a guy who can run a route at some point, and the difference between an average ST player and Slater isn't that great so as to justify a roster spot over a guy who can play football. Still feel that way.

Mock away...

[/QUOTE]

He was the 6th WR. The 6th WR should never see the field except for ST's. That's the point of the 6th WR to give you most on ST's. If the 6th WR is on the field it's because the other 5 are either injured or are greatly underperforming. So how about instead of replacing the 6th WR who gives you probowl quality ST play you, I don't know, get better 1-5 WRs first then look at the 6th WR STer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Bill,  

Best,

Tom

[/QUOTE]

Deal.

Mock away...

[/QUOTE]

He was the 6th WR. The 6th WR should never see the field except for ST's. That's the point of the 6th WR to give you most on ST's. If the 6th WR is on the field it's because the other 5 are either injured or are greatly underperforming. So how about instead of replacing the 6th WR who gives you probowl quality ST play you, I don't know, get better 1-5 WRs first then look at the 6th WR STer

[/QUOTE]

OK, but sometimes the 6th WR does have to see the field as a WR. I realize I'm in the minority on this, but to me if there's any chance you might need that guy, you keep a guy that can play real football. Anybody with speed and athletic ability can play STs, maybe not quite at Slater's level, but at an acceptable level. The difference to me, does not justify a roster spot. I'd rather have a football player than a full time STer. 

They've used Edelman and Troy Brown as DBs, why not carry one less DB and use Slater there in a pinch? He can tackle, he's athletic. Probably would be better suited there than at WR.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The most amazing thing to me is that BB is somehow supposed to predict injuries. Should have known Gronk would get taken out at the knees. Has he hurt his knee before? I don't think so, but I guess it was obvious to everybody that he was going to. 

Vereen too, no doubt he was going to break his wrist. All the signs were there, and Vollmer too. A broken leg was obviously in his future. Not sure how BB missed that. He's got to be an idiot.

As for complaining about Amendola getting hurt, you guys should be happy. He sucks anyway according to the consensus, so it's addition by subtraction if he can't play, right?  What's the problem?

And of course, BB knew Hernandez had to be a killer. C'mon, a hispanic guy with tats who hangs with other hispanic guys. They're all killers.

[/QUOTE]

With Mayo, WIlfork, and Kelly there was no way (didn't have this type of history before) but you can't tell me given past history that you couldn't have seen Talib, Vereen, Gronk, Vollmer, and Amendola getting injured. That's like me handing you dice that has 6's on 3 sides and you betting the under saying how could you have guessed it would come up over? Well because the odds with those players given history said they would. Whether fluke or nagging for some reason some players just get injured more often then others. Who knows why but when year in and year out when you are saying well this guy was injured so he didn't perform up to his full capability maybe you should count how many years you've said that. Take Amendola for instance, he had a average career year yet everyone is saying well that's because he was injured. Well guess what he was injured those other years too that's what makes it an average year for him. Not getting injured would be a career best for him, that right there should tell you something.

[/QUOTE]

Because Gronk (ditto Vollmer and Vereen) had a completely unrelated injury in the past, he was going to get his knee (leg, wrist) smashed this year, it was inevitable. That's your argument? That's not really logical, is it?

Talib, yeah he gets hurt. That's why I let him walk. Wasn't crazy about bringing him in in the first place. Watched him in Tampa, same guy, different team. More mature, but can't stay on the field. Amendola, same thing but we own him for another year. Get used to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who is to say a conversation like the letter does not occur between BB and Brady?  Given how BB has indicated he and Brady met at least twice weekly during the season, and given their relationship, Brady does not speak frankly with the coach during their meetings?

When the pre-season workouts began, the Pats had everyone in camp, including all the rookie receivers and newly signed FAs, Gronk was recovering, and I am certain the attitude of the team was high about its chances for success this season.  Then the Hernandez atomic bomb hit.  IMHO, having Herny was the key to bridge the gap between the time the rookies would get some game time in and Gronk's return.  It didn't happen and we all saw it in the early games then the inury bug hit.  The fact the team got as far as it did with all that has happened we have to appreciate.  With a year under everyone's belt, all injured players back, 2014 could be a real good season!  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

OK, but sometimes the 6th WR does have to see the field as a WR. I realize I'm in the minority on this, but to me if there's any chance you might need that guy, you keep a guy that can play real football. Anybody with speed and athletic ability can play STs, maybe not quite at Slater's level, but at an acceptable level. The difference to me, does not justify a roster spot. I'd rather have a football player than a full time STer. 

They've used Edelman and Troy Brown as DBs, why not carry one less DB and use Slater there in a pinch? He can tackle, he's athletic. Probably would be better suited there than at WR.  

[/QUOTE]

They have used Slater as a DB in a pinch. Actually the year Edelman was a CB they first used Slater as a S.....

As for sometimes you have to use the 6th receiver I agree but what is that 10 times a year maybe? How many times does he see the field on STs vs as a WR and how many plays as a 6th WR is he the actual target? Does it make sense to get worse on STs for a slight better 6th WR just because you throw to him 5 times a year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Because Gronk (ditto Vollmer and Vereen) had a completely unrelated injury in the past, he was going to get his knee (leg, wrist) smashed this year, it was inevitable. That's your argument? That's not really logical, is it?

Talib, yeah he gets hurt. That's why I let him walk. Wasn't crazy about bringing him in in the first place. Watched him in Tampa, same guy, different team. More mature, but can't stay on the field. Amendola, same thing but we own him for another year. Get used to it.

[/QUOTE]

As I said, who knows for what reason but for some reason they always get hurt. Maybe they don't have as much calcium in their bones. Maybe they put their bodies in weird positions during plays that others don't. Maybe it's just plain unlucky (we all know unlucky people where nothing seems to go right for them). Who knows but if you had $10k to put on a bet on any of them playing 16 games next season or getting hurt which would you put it on Muzz?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady is getting sick of the SOS from BB.

He has acted outrageously out of character for him, from the tirade at the receivers early to the jawing at the official after the game to his comments about the defense to his stomping out of a presser....

This is not a content man. It is one very frustrated man who would have made massive $$$ if he went to the FA market instead of signing and restructuring to help the cap. Whether that will manifest itself in some significant way remains to be seen.

But if anything on this earth can shake the bedrock of the Kraft/BB pact, it would be Tom having a round of golf with Robert to air it out.

[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Maybe you should give BB the kind of head you dream of giving Brady

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to IndyTony's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you probably can't afford Dennis Pitta, but let's trade up in the draft so we can grab the kid from Washington (Austin Seferian-Jenkins), or Eric Ebron of North Carolina, or Jace Amaro of Texas Tech. No more Zach Sudfelds off the street, please.

[/QUOTE]

Tom, you want Colt Lyerla. He is a talent-freak and will go the 5th round or later because of nonsense half the kids in America his age have done. His upside is possibly without limit.

[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree on Lyerla...he may be kind of a head case but the talent is undeniable..take him in the 4th if you have to..if u dont believe me check out his clips on youtube ...he's a beast

[/QUOTE]

The kid hangs out with drug dealers, abandoned his team, and was suspended multiple times for drugs and his affliates.

[/QUOTE]

I've seen no evidence of hanging around with drug dealers. He got busted blowing toot in a car. That's it.

And he was suspended one game for missing a single game. The kid was greatly underutilized, that's common knowledge, and that's why he left the team in the end.

[/QUOTE]

And if he turned out to be screwup you would be the first one attacking BB for drafting him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you don't think we should have drafted Gronk, Vareen or Volmer? Or signed Talib or Amendola? Affter Welker turned us down I think Amendola was the best available fit no? 

What exactly are you saying?

Sections
Shortcuts