et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: et tu Jackie? piling on to BB

In response to rkarp's comment:

By Jackie MacMullan | ESPNBoston.co

I listen to Tom Brady and I'm always left wondering what he's really thinking.

When he says, after a pregnant pause, that "it's not for me to evaluate" Danny Amendola's performance, does he really mean, "If I evaluated him, I'd take Wes Welker back!"? When he says Amendola "fought through some pretty tough injuries," does he really mean, "The guy can't stay healthy!"? And when he says, "He did everything the team asked of him,'' you know he really wants to add, "Except catch touchdowns!"

And when he politely says, "Have a nice off-season" to the assembled media in Denver on Sunday at the end of his postgame press onference, does he really mean, "G.F.Y, a-holes. You dont know W.T.F youre talking about"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Tom:

I'm a little taken aback by your letter. First, a letter? Really? Who writes letters?

Second, it's well written and I thought you graduated from Michigan? Oh well, never mind that.

You well know that when we built this team we had a receiving corps that featured the two headed tight end combination that has been the envy of the football world. Had I known Tom, that Aaron was practicing to be Tony Montana in his spare time (only he wasn't practicing), I may have approached things somewhat differently. 

Had I further known that Gronkowski would come back from his arm surgery just fine only to have his leg rolled by some journeyman DB (and I don't mean defensive back) on the eve of the postseason, again, perhaps we might have had a contingency in place. Don't know right now what that backup plan might have consisted of, but we'd have come up with something.

But, you know, you don't easily replace guys like that, not on the fly. Next year, I promise to meet with a soothsayer or have my Tarot cards read, or some such thing, in advance of the draft. Maybe then, I'll be more in tune with the Earth's frequency and will have a better handle on the future. Hey, it worked for Nostradamus, right? 

So Tom, those two guys were sort of the leaders of the receiving corps. That's worked fairly well for us the last couple of three years. We led the league in yards from scrimmage last year and were second in 2011, I just looked it up. Scored over 500 points Tom, both years. That's actually pretty good.

Now, I know we let that receiver leave. Look, we all liked the little guy. Heck, we plucked him from obscurity in Miami, and paid a fair price to get him. Worked out damn well too, if I do say so myself (you're welcome). But the fact is Tom, we weren't going to win a championship doing the same thing this year. Sure, we'd have re-signed him if he would have taken our offer, but his role would have changed and I'm not sure how that would have gone over with him.

I'm not blaming him for the drop in 2011 by the way, stuff happens...ah hell Tom, it was right in his f'in hands!! Crap! And then he does that to Talib, the h e l l with him I say. He's dead to me.

Okay, I'm calm now...so where were we?

You did fine with Julian, didn't you? Caught over 100 balls, 1,000 yards, pretty much what that other guy used to do. Granted, that wasn't necessarily the plan, but sometimes necessity is the mother of invention, and you can't accuse us of not adapting to the circumstances around here.

Let's talk about Danny. So, it didn't go quite as well as we'd have hoped with him. He had his moments, but the injuries were kind of a setback. He was doing fine before we ran that darn reverse and he got his bell rung. On the other hand Tom, Julian kind of took a lot of the stuff that we figured would have gone Danny's way, and there are only so many underneath routes to go around. 

Apart from Boyce who is a bit more of a project, I thought Aaron and Kenbrell did fine. They had some ups and downs, some drops. Can't hide those can you? But I'm not going to list all the hall of fame receivers who did next to nothing in their first year. I'm not saying either of those guys is Jerry Rice, but my gut tells me they will both make the club next year and catch 50 or 60 balls apiece, maybe more. 

We also had Vereen out of the backfield, and he caught a lot of passes. He was hurt (who wasn't), but productive when he was in there. 

You know, we were third in points scored this year Tom, despite all the injuries. Top ten in passing yards and rushing yards. Not even Denver managed that. I just don't think overpaying Eric Decker is going to make a huge difference, but we can talk about it.

So Tom, love ya man, but next time, pick up the phone. Say hi to G for me. Talk soon.

Bill

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Dang, Bill Belichick is taking a beating in the media the past 2 days. 

He needs to be taking a beating

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

By Jackie MacMullan | ESPNBoston.co

I listen to Tom Brady and I'm always left wondering what he's really thinking.

When he says, after a pregnant pause, that "it's not for me to evaluate" Danny Amendola's performance, does he really mean, "If I evaluated him, I'd take Wes Welker back!"? When he says Amendola "fought through some pretty tough injuries," does he really mean, "The guy can't stay healthy!"? And when he says, "He did everything the team asked of him,'' you know he really wants to add, "Except catch touchdowns!"

And when he politely says, "Have a nice off-season" to the assembled media in Denver on Sunday at the end of his postgame press onference, does he really mean, "G.F.Y, a-holes. You dont know W.T.F youre talking about"?

hahaha! probably!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

LOVE IT! Hit nail on head.

Hell yes hit the nail on the head. Wow amazing blog post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Most telling comment of the presser:

"They (the Broncos) have A LOT of real good players"

In other words: A hellofa lot more talent than we do.  Pfft

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Tom:

I'm a little taken aback by your letter. First, a letter? Really? Who writes letters?

Second, it's well written and I thought you graduated from Michigan? Oh well, never mind that.

You well know that when we built this team we had a receiving corps that featured the two headed tight end combination that has been the envy of the football world. Had I known Tom, that Aaron was practicing to be Tony Montana in his spare time (only he wasn't practicing), I may have approached things somewhat differently. 

Had I further known that Gronkowski would come back from his arm surgery just fine only to have his leg rolled by some journeyman DB (and I don't mean defensive back) on the eve of the postseason, again, perhaps we might have had a contingency in place. Don't know right now what that backup plan might have consisted of, but we'd have come up with something.

But, you know, you don't easily replace guys like that, not on the fly. Next year, I promise to meet with a soothsayer or have my Tarot cards read, or some such thing, in advance of the draft. Maybe then, I'll be more in tune with the Earth's frequency and will have a better handle on the future. Hey, it worked for Nostradamus, right? 

So Tom, those two guys were sort of the leaders of the receiving corps. That's worked fairly well for us the last couple of three years. We led the league in yards from scrimmage last year and were second in 2011, I just looked it up. Scored over 500 points Tom, both years. That's actually pretty good.

Now, I know we let that receiver leave. Look, we all liked the little guy. Heck, we plucked him from obscurity in Miami, and paid a fair price to get him. Worked out damn well too, if I do say so myself (you're welcome). But the fact is Tom, we weren't going to win a championship doing the same thing this year. Sure, we'd have re-signed him if he would have taken our offer, but his role would have changed and I'm not sure how that would have gone over with him.

I'm not blaming him for the drop in 2011 by the way, stuff happens...ah hell Tom, it was right in his f'in hands!! Crap! And then he does that to Talib, the h e l l with him I say. He's dead to me.

You did fine with Julian, didn't you? Caught over 100 balls, 1,000 yards, pretty much what that other guy used to do. Granted, that wasn't necessarily the plan, but sometimes necessity is the mother of invention, and you can't accuse us of not adapting to the circumstances around here.

Let's talk about Danny. So, it didn't go quite as well as we'd have hoped with him. He had his moments, but the injuries were kind of a setback. He was doing fine before we ran that darn reverse and he got his bell rung. On the other hand Tom, Julian kind of took a lot of the stuff that we figured would have gone Danny's way, and there are only so many underneath routes to go around. 

Apart from Boyce who is a bit more of a project, I thought Aaron and Kenbrell did fine. They had some ups and downs, some drops. Can't hide those can you? But I'm not going to list all the hall of fame receivers who did next to nothing in their first year. I'm not saying either of those guys is Jerry Rice, but my gut tells me they will both make the club next year and catch 50 or 60 balls apiece, maybe more. 

We also had Vereen out of the backfield, and he caught a lot of passes. He was hurt (who wasn't), but productive when he was in there. 

You know, we were third in points scored this year Tom, despite all the injuries. Top ten in passing yards and rushing yards. Not even Denver managed that. I just don't think overpaying Eric Decker is going to make a huge difference, but we can talk about it.

So Tom, love ya man, but next time, pick up the phone. Say hi to G for me. Talk soon.

Bill

Muzz! LOL Great job. Perfect

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Tom:

Bill

Thanks, just channeling my inner Bill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yes, keep attacking him! Make the hooded one angry, let him unleash all this pent up anger next season.

I hope the Patriots players are reading, let them hear their coach getting unfairly attacked! Come out next season with a fury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Tom:

Bill

Thanks, just channeling my inner Bill

Great post Muz lets send this to the Hearld and BCD writers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice article, and I heard the Brady interview this morning, when he was asked about Amendola he did a long pause before he very very carefully answered the question. It was telling to me how he felt about him - and really just watching how he doesn't go his way during games says enough - but listening to him really made it more clear. Anyone with two eyes can see Amendola doesn't have legs to separate and is a injury waiting to happen. Belichick blew it big time signing this guy.

Belichick brought this on himself, he should of never, ever started that press conference yesterday about Welker. He made himself look like a fool, he put pressure on his players (I must of heard a half dozen of them be asked about it, just about everyone of them didn't have his back). In fact the only player that agreed with Belichick that I know of is Carter.

Jackie will feel the wrath of Patriot Place for this article, she'll be locked out just like many others. The Krafts don't like articles like this, I remember when they locked Shaugnessy out of their Christmas party for something he wrote back in the late 90's...guy stood there as all the media were allowed in. Kind of funny actually...I can't stand Shaugnessy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Nice article, and I heard the Brady interview this morning, when he was asked about Amendola he did a long pause before he very very carefully answered the question. It was telling to me how he felt about him - and really just watching how he doesn't go his way during games says enough - but listening to him really made it more clear. Anyone with two eyes can see Amendola doesn't have legs to separate and is a injury waiting to happen. Belichick blew it big time swigning this guy.

Belichick brought this on himself, he should of never, ever started that press conference yesterday about Welker. He made himself look like a fool, he put pressure on his players (I must of heard a half dozen of them be asked about it, just about everyone of them didn't have his back). In fact the only player that agreed with Belichick that I know of is Carter.

Jackie will feel the wrath of Patriot Place for this article, she'll be locked out just like many others. The Krafts don't like articles like this, I remember when they locked Shaugnessy out of their Christmas party for something he wrote back in the late 90's...guy stood there as all the media were allowed in. Kind of funny actually...I can't stand Shaugnessy. 

Yep! Another whiff by BB in free agency!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Tom:

Hey Bill,

Decided to write you back in blog form because you covered a lot and want to let you know how I feel.

Well you being so old and set in your ways and stubborn about changes I figured letter was the best way to get in touch wth you. Didn't figure you'd quite master e-mail yet, it a new wrinkle the world instituted and might be hard for you to adapt. It might require you to rebuild on the fly but with you that seems to take over half a decade.

Fair enough

Oh Bill, with all you Florida connections you couldn't see he was still hanging out with his gang friends and causing issues at their camp? It's funny you seem to know everyone and everything but the media found out he never let go of the thug life even in college? Maybe you should have done what you did with all the other players previously (you know like Branch right before it cost us another chance at a SB in 06') and waited until the end of his rook contract or I don't know not tie up so much gauranteed money into a kid with such red flags. Unless you are telling me you know nothing about players outside of the field then that would explain a couple of things

What so you are telling me you never thought a guy who is getting injured every year would get injured so you thought 3rd and 4th rate backups were fine? Have you been drinking again?

Well tell you what Bill lets forget that restructure ever happened and I'll give you the future right now Amendola will get hurt, Gronk will get hurt, Vollmer will get hurt, if you resign Talib he will get hurt, and guess what if you resign Edelman there is a good chance he'll get hurt. Now get proper backups for when they do with that money I saved you.

Wow, two previous years that's great Bill. So... does the league average those numbers with this year and give us a ribbon for that?

We weren't going to win a championship doing the same thig and yet you replaced him with the most similar player you could find but was much, much more injury prone. You are right Bill, doing the same thing doesn't get us very far so you decided it was to easy and made it harder? How about just adding to a productive we like Weilker by adding, I don't know, and actual outside threat?

It was the signing the tag and not taking a below market deal to play under such a great coach wasn't it? What ever happened to doing what's best for the team and putting your ego aside? Isn't that the BS you feed the media. Btw Bill, if I remember right I got you the lead with less then 3mins left the last 2 SB's and the D couldn't hold for 1 drive. Weren't you suppose to be a defensive genius? Where has our D been since 08' Bill?

Yes thank you for giving me 1 receiver who has been consistent all year. Instead of spreading the ball out to a TE, and 2-3 WR's I was able to get another 100 rec WR because I had no one else to throw to. Thanks Bill that was great. How about next year you don't resign him and we can get the guy in section 1 seat 6 100 recs too

Lets talk about Danny. So the injures set him back huh? You mean to tell me an injury prone player got injured. WHo would have ever guessed that a guy who has been injured his entire pro career would get injured? You no who, I saw a 3yr old at the market and ask him if he knew who Danny was, the kid said yeah he's the guy always hurt Bill. It doesn't take a tarot card reader with a horrible fake jamican accent to figure out he was going to get hurt. BTW Bill, he still had an average year because that's what he is! No wonder the Rams didn't even offer him a decent contract. 

If you think Thompkins did fine why didn't you play him more. You were all about playing him when there were only 2 other WRs but what about at the end of the year when we had no RZ threat? Why did you all but bench him and make him inactive if you thought he did a decent job. BTW Dobson needs a couple more years and some stickem'. Seriously he never dropped a ball his last year in college? Maybe he's just making up for lost time this year.

Gee another injury prone player who was hurt, who would have guessed. Not even sure Nostradamus would have seen an injury prone player get injured. That was sarcasm if you couldn't guess. You should have brought back Woodhead at least we could count on him to be on the field. BTW how is that $600k you saved by signing Washington treating you? I know it didn't help us out much in Car or Jets. 

You're right Bill signing Decker won't make much of a difference so lets sign more Wilsons, and Washingtons, Fenana's and Sopo's because they made all the difference right Bill. Better yet lets sign Cadwell back that 06' receiving core made no difference. BTW Bill you're welcome for those offensive stats. I had to work my butt off with little help to make sure we got those. Did you see those drops this year (and you want to talk about Welkers drops) and that OL look like a pourous shell? And how was or D again this year Bill. All that money, draft picks, and resources spent rebuilding the last 5 years. How has that gone for you. Glad me restructure went to A. Wilson and all.

All right Bill see you later man, but if I see more retreads signed before actually players in their prime we need to have a talk

Bill

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Tom:

Hey Bill,

Decided to write you back in blog form because you covered a lot and want to let you know how I feel.

Well you being so old and set in your ways and stubborn about changes I figured letter was the best way to get in touch wth you. Didn't figure you'd quite master e-mail yet, it a new wrinkle the world instituted and might be hard for you to adapt. It might require you to rebuild on the fly but with you that seems to take over half a decade.

Fair enough

Oh Bill, with all you Florida connections you couldn't see he was still hanging out with his gang friends and causing issues at their camp? It's funny you seem to know everyone and everything but the media found out he never let go of the thug life even in college? Maybe you should have done what you did with all the other players previously (you know like Branch right before it cost us another chance at a SB in 06') and waited until the end of his rook contract or I don't know not tie up so much gauranteed money into a kid with such red flags. Unless you are telling me you know nothing about players outside of the field then that would explain a couple of things

All right Bill see you later man, but if I see more retreads signed before actually players in their prime we need to have a talk

Bill

Tom, I'm sensing hostility bordering on insolence. As the great philosopher Sherman once asked of you, "You mad, bro?"

Yes, and I understand you believe that you and you alone are responsible for the scoring of points. Actually, I take that back, not you alone, but my petulent OC seems to feel that way as well. That explains the playcalling yesterday. Which is all good, but next game maybe not wait until the game is decided to start playing?

Anyway, night dude.

Oh, what was that? You said something? Insolence? Oh, that just means disrespectful. I'm sorry man, I forgot the Michigan thing. My bad.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The most amazing thing to me is that BB is somehow supposed to predict injuries. Should have known Gronk would get taken out at the knees. Has he hurt his knee before? I don't think so, but I guess it was obvious to everybody that he was going to. 

Vereen too, no doubt he was going to break his wrist. All the signs were there, and Vollmer too. A broken leg was obviously in his future. Not sure how BB missed that. He's got to be an idiot.

VW, Mayo, Kelly, just three bags of bones. How could they not get hurt?

As for complaining about Amendola getting hurt, you guys should be happy. He sucks anyway according to the consensus, so it's addition by subtraction if he can't play, right?  What's the problem?

And of course, BB knew Hernandez had to be a killer. C'mon, a hispanic guy with tats who hangs with other hispanic guys. They're all killers.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

The most amazing thing to me is that BB is somehow supposed to predict injuries. Should have known Gronk would get taken out at the knees. Has he hurt his knee before? I don't think so, but I guess it was obvious to everybody that he was going to. 

Vereen too, no doubt he was going to break his wrist. All the signs were there, and Vollmer too. A broken leg was obviously in his future. Not sure how BB missed that. He's got to be an idiot.

VW, Mayo, Kelly, just three bags of bones. How could they not get hurt?

As for complaining about Amendola getting hurt, you guys should be happy. He sucks anyway according to the consensus, so it's addition by subtraction if he can't play, right?  What's the problem?

And of course, BB knew Hernandez had to be a killer. C'mon, a hispanic guy with tats who hangs with other hispanic guys. They're all killers.

No need to "predict" injuries.  You just don't want to fill your team with injury prone players and think that they won't get hurt.  No need to think that your old fat NT will continue to defy the laws of gravity.  That's just dumb.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts