Even ESPN NY is in on the Brady bashing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Even ESPN NY is in on the Brady bashing

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6004465

Anyone else read this - will there be no end to the nonense coming out of New York?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Even ESPN NY is in on the Brady bashing

I'm not sure where all this Sanchez love is coming from. He was horrible. That whole article is about how he connected on one pass. Yes, the Jests took advantage of what the Colts laid out for them. Give them their due, they went into Indy and shut Manning down. That's not easy to do. But the idea that Mark Sanchez is striking fear into the hearts of anyone but his own fans is patently ludicrous.

And I found this stat pretty amusing (if it's accurate):

Mark Sanchez is the first quarterback in franchise history to win three post-season games?

That can't be true . . .    can it?

If it is, it's pretty funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

LOL....yeah, very funny, however, consider the franchise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That article is ridiculous!  No respect for the Patriots.  Both the Jets and Colts looked hoirrible, not even playoff worthy yet Jets get high praise for winning, LOL!  Give me a break!  I guess those writers need a job too though.  They might not have one if they wrote an article that was truthful about how bad this game and teams were.  Sanchez looked so bad out there I was waiting for Rex to put in Mark Brunell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Even ESPN NY is in on the Brady bashing:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure where all this Sanchez love is coming from. He was horrible. That whole article is about how he connected on one pass. Yes, the Jests took advantage of what the Colts laid out for them. Give them their due, they went into Indy and shut Manning down. That's not easy to do. But the idea that Mark Sanchez is striking fear into the hearts of anyone but his own fans is patently ludicrous. And I found this stat pretty amusing (if it's accurate): Mark Sanchez is the first quarterback in franchise history to win three post-season games? That can't be true . . .    can it? If it is, it's pretty funny.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, funny, in a pathetic sort of way - Sanchez looked pretty poor for most of that game - made one good seam throw in the 1st half and that Edwards throw at the end - the credit for the last score should go to Cromartie - how do the supposed world beating Colts let the Jets get a 45 yd return in that spot?

Sanchez would already be a back up on a less visible team - and on his way out of the league

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Brady missed a hell of a game? What? No the inspired, underdog Seahawks taking down the defending champs was a hell of a game. As far as playoffs games go, last night's was a snoozer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]That article is ridiculous!  No respect for the Patriots.  Both the Jets and Colts looked hoirrible, not even playoff worthy yet Jets get high praise for winning, LOL!  Give me a break!  I guess those writers need a job too though.  They might not have one if they wrote an article that was truthful about how bad this game and teams were.  Sanchez looked so bad out there I was waiting for Rex to put in Mark Brunell.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Well, you write to your audience, BMF. Remember, this is a local arm of ESPN. Jests fan is not interested in what really happened. He wants to know how awesome New Jersey is. You don't tell him that the Jests escaped an inept team by the hair on their chinny-chin-chins . . .   you tell him that in crunch time, with the season on the line, Sanchez rose up righteous and smote the Colts, because that's what generates internet hits and that's what drives advertising.

One of the exercises we used to do in school was to take a game summary and write an article from the losing team's perspective. We didn't call it "spin" back in those days, but of course, that's what it was . . .  and that's what this article is. Anyone with two eyes and a brain knows that Sanchez was beyond terrible last night, and it was New Jersey's offensive line -- and some monumentally boneheaded play at a crucial juncture -- that ultimately sank the Colts (well . . .  that, and the inexplicable desertion of one of Indy's long-trusted allies . . .   the zebras), but everybody in greater New Jersey will be conveniently ignoring that this morning. They've got seven days to pretend their heroes have a snowball's chance in Hell of hanging with the Pats next week, and believe me, they'll be eating up all the "spin" they can find.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

What's funny about this is they actually care. It's bothering them, that he didn't sit glued to the tv watching this game, and he went to NY to rub it in their face. . Who really cares how much Peyton studies, if he doesn't win. Maybe he has information overload. Belichick knew his team needed a break, that's why he gave them the weekend off, to get away from football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Boy - lots of obsession over Brady who the Coach of the New Jersey Jets said is not very smart. If they have no respect for him because he's so dumb why is the press following him around and the head coach talking about him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

kudos to bart Scott though:

"Everybody prepares differently," Bart Scott would say in the winners' locker room. "Obviously Tom Brady's doing something right because he's got three Super Bowl rings. To each his own."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How fitting Tom was watching the broadway play Lombardi since he will be getting the trophy soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]How fitting Tom was watching the broadway play Lombardi since he will be getting the trophy soon.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

This is ESPN NY, what do you expect them to write? My only problem is the author implies Brady would be better served watching the game on TV than going to a play. A player learns very little from football by watching a televised game. He can't see the scheme. TB will watch the film on Monday anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I dont think it was really bashing brady,it does say he must be doing something right he has 3 super bowl wins .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

How about the freaking title, "Sanchez brings the curtain down on Manning."

W T F???

Sanchez couldn't carry Manning's jock strap (though he'd probably like to).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Go read the New York Post. Piece on LT and how he plans to settle the score on the Patriots. Hey - there's a real brain surgeon for ya. How do you respect a guy who sat like a Mary on the bench in SD because he wanted to be traded rather than help his team win.

What a POS......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The pass to Edwards was misplayed by the Colts Dback.  Watch it again.  He never looks for the ball.  And really, none of it was possible if the Colts' special teams hadn't choked on the kick to Cromartie.  There was a hold back at about the 35 that didn't get called, and that play never should have advanced. 

So if that pass doesn't connect, there is nothing else they can write about from that game.  LT had a good game against a banged-up defense; there's not much else to say.  Foulk finally made a FG, I guess.  But it's a ridiculous article for a few reasons, one of which is that the Jets didn't play a complete game.  In fact, they didn't even show up until the second half of the game.  They really didn't.  This was the Colts' game to win or lose, and they gave it away.  

NY had better put up more than 17 against NE if they want to win.  I'm not sure they can.  They need to play a perfect game against the Pats to win next week.  And what will the story be then in NY?  They just jumped the gun with that article. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Sanchez!?!?!

He s u c k s.

Look to the reemergence (for one game) of their rushing attack as the reason they were able to squeak out a win.

Now if LT can perform like that against New England...well slap my a s s and call me Nancy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]  Mark Sanchez make a Brady-like play, a pass to Braylon Edwards that will go down among the most memorable throws a Jet has ever delivered, a throw that made Sanchez the franchise's first quarterback to win three postseason games. Really? How horrible is this franchaise? We'll all see next week when Rex has to make that long waddle across the field to kiss the rings. And if I was BB I'd make sure I had them all on.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    It's embarrassing.

He was 18/31 had 1 INT and had a rating of 62.4 against the Colts mediocre D.

The arrogance of the NY Jets organization, the fans and the media is by far and away the worst in the NFL.  It's just unbelievable. It never stops.

Until next week.  The entire country will be pulling for the Pats next week and they'll be hailed as heroes after pummeling the NY Big Mouths.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure where all this Sanchez love is coming from. He was horrible. That whole article is about how he connected on one pass. Yes, the Jests took advantage of what the Colts laid out for them. Give them their due, they went into Indy and shut Manning down. That's not easy to do. But the idea that Mark Sanchez is striking fear into the hearts of anyone but his own fans is patently ludicrous. And I found this stat pretty amusing (if it's accurate): Mark Sanchez is the first quarterback in franchise history to win three post-season games? That can't be true . . .    can it? If it is, it's pretty funny.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I believe it is true.  Funny thing about Jets' QBs.  Everyone thinks Namith is all that and a bag of slim Jims, but take a gander at this numbers - he's possibly the worse QB in the HOF and at best a marginal HOFer - think he has 30-40 more INTs than TDs and his career stats pale in comparison to other QBs in the HOF.  Wins one big game, after a bigger (but true) boast and makes the HOF - oh well, Sanchez won't get to four post-season wins this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

It's amazing how the fact that Brady was at a play and not watching on TV is such a story.  They were talking about it today on one of the pre-game shows too.  Who cares???  BB was asked the other day about watching on TV and he even said you can't pick  up any schemes or do preparation from watching on TV.  The Jets and RR are seriously obsessed with TB and company.  He's going to have to get a restraining order pretty soon.  BTW, how did they know he was at that play.......they are stalking him now!!  Do you think anyone from the Patriots pays attention to where Rex Ryann or Mark Sanchez spend their off days?   I don't think so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

One pass, yes, but it looked to me like it was underthrown and the receiver pushed off and came back for it. Perhaps it was planned that way but I doubt it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

"a game Mark Sanchez would win with a throw he'll have to make a dozen times just to get out of Foxborough alive."

Last sentence of the article says it all, "Sanchez can do it, but he will have to do a lot of it.....but he will probably wont and will be crushed." it is just typical NY journalism and the media staying with their love affair of the Jets and the headlines it brings them. The Pats will give them real football headlines to write about come next Sunday. Sanchez will choke hard in the bad weather.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Just an article written by a moron for morons. Only an idiot would think that players do their film study by watching live games on TV.

25. This post has been removed.