Even from the opening whistle, Pats seemed listless....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Even from the opening whistle, Pats seemed listless....

Mentioned in various posts this evening and can't help starting this discussion focusing on the energy of the Pats in this game.  They just did not seem to have any energy.

Not a single camera view of Brady on the sidelines talking up players, getting everyone to give it their all.  All the sideline shots of Brady showed him sitting on the bench all quiet and all.  Even when there were big plays, the team just did not celebrate them like we have seen.  Even when coming off the field Brady was hardly demonstrative.

IMHO, I believe the lack of energy started to hit home when Blount could not get going with the run game.  He did not have any pop to his running today.  He'd hit the line and was stopped very easily.  Defense nowhere near as physical as it has been. Just a bad game to pick to fall flat on one's face as this team did today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

Re: Even from the opening whistle, Pats seemed listless....

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Mentioned in various posts this evening and can't help starting this discussion focusing on the energy of the Pats in this game.  They just did not seem to have any energy.

Not a single camera view of Brady on the sidelines talking up players, getting everyone to give it their all.  All the sideline shots of Brady showed him sitting on the bench all quiet and all.  Even when there were big plays, the team just did not celebrate them like we have seen.  Even when coming off the field Brady was hardly demonstrative.

IMHO, I believe the lack of energy started to hit home when Blount could not get going with the run game.  He did not have any pop to his running today.  He'd hit the line and was stopped very easily.  Defense nowhere near as physical as it has been. Just a bad game to pick to fall flat on one's face as this team did today.

I agree and I noticed that Blount looked slow out of the gate..but I would not have given up on running him..bad mistake..it was close enough to run..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

McDaniels is an idiot. 

When was the last time you saw Brady complete a 50 yard bomb?  Did you say 2007?  Because I think that is the answer. 

So...1st quarter...3rd and 1...What does McDaniels call?  50 yard bomb!  Incomplete..Yep, just like always.  PUNT. 

Wasted so many opportunities to move the chains early.  Just incredibly stupid play calling. 

I won't even mention the end of the game when we're down by 3 scores, and we're faking the run every play.  lol.  Yeah, Denver will bite on play action there.  Moron!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Patriots were outmatched and overwhelmed by a superior opponent.

Put yourself in Brady's shoes.  It is almost like you are bringing a stick to a gun fight.  Mannings top 5 receivers are better than any of the Patriots ones. I know he missed some throws, like the deep one to Edelman.  Most of the time nobody was open, no separation.

By the way did anyone notice they put in Mathew Slater for the deep bomb?  Come on man!  That is almost a way of tell everyone,  we do not have anyone else so we might as well try this and see if it works.  Mathew Slater is not a WR, cannot run routes, cannot make catches. Didn't they also put  him in a playoff loss last year or a few years ago.  Sounds like desperation to me.

Why put in someone who has proven that he cannot play that position.

Now we are locked in to Amendola for one more year. Unbelievable.  We also have dead money on Hernandez contract.  Collie is more useful than AMendola. If he was here the whole year,  he would have been far more productive!

If Edelman leaves,  will the Patriots give Tom Brady the worst supporting cast in NFL?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, in another thread I compared this game today to the Pats vs Jets playoff game in 2010 season.  Flat, out played, out coached.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yeah, in another thread I compared this game today to the Pats vs Jets playoff game in 2010 season.  Flat, out played, out coached.

This was the first time in the post-game that I saw BB almost look disgusted with the offense.  He usually tries to make apologies, or make it sound like a team loss.  But this seemed different to me.  He actually seemed to acknowledge that their offense was a disaster.  Just the tone of his voice when talking about it sounded like he was disgusted by that display. 

That gives me some hope he'll finally get a WR for Brady, but then again, I've been hoping that ever since Randy Moss, and every year, BB gets a bunch of WR scrubs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Big differance this year is the Broncos were the superior team and playing at home. I was just happy the Pats got to the championship game. When Gronk went down I didn't think they had a chance at the bye. The 2010 Jets game was disgraceful. Dumbest fake punt ever. Probably cost them the game. Not kicking the field goal today was a mistake but be honest. The Pats defense did not stop the Broncos once after Talib went down. If the Broncos needed to score at the end they would have no problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Flat and lifeless. Not a good time to be like that. It is what it is. The Pats overchieved all year and when it mattered most today, they just did not show any effort. The play calling has been suspect for some time now. And today was no exception. 50 yard bombs are not going to beat the Broncos. No imagination. No toughness. No win. Simple. Outplayed, outcoached and outworked all game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Flat and lifeless. Not a good time to be like that. It is what it is. The Pats overchieved all year and when it mattered most today, they just did not show any effort. The play calling has been suspect for some time now. And today was no exception. 50 yard bombs are not going to beat the Broncos. No imagination. No toughness. No win. Simple. Outplayed, outcoached and outworked all game. 

You people do realize, above all else it doesn't matter if you are 5 foot or 6'9 (well maybe it does a bit..) but if you are allowed to run routes according to the rules you can get open. The no separation is due to being held or disrupted. Within 5 yards, but today I saw Denver doing it 8-10 yards downfield. Nantz was whining about it early on (pro Denver). Edelman, Amendola and Collie are all strong enough to pull away. They cannot however beat jersey pulling and what goes with that. Most top flite teams would play to a standstill if officiated correctly and unbiasedly. Denver would have lost 10 points today. But since it wasn't, they got 10 extra points. When you have a beat up team, you need a clean game. They didn't get it, and were never going to get it.  When you know you have nothing to lose, go for it all. Bombs away.  Whatever, blame the team, coaches all you want. They deserve part of the blame, but I give them credit for actually playing. Knowing what was going to happen.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don't think the Broncos were that more superior than the Pats - this was a winnable game-I agree with the OP that the Pats seemed to have come out without the intensity we are accustomed to seeing and esp;  in an AFC Championship game-maybe it's all the youth - not realizing that every playoff game goes UP a notch or two in Intensity I did not see the Pats match Broncos Intesity and that's the most disconcerting thing of all?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Agree - no energy and listless it appeared. Where was the supposed great game plan? No push from the Oline opening up the running game and fool Mcdaniels decides on 3rd and 3 to launch deep bombs to Slater - what a joke of a call that was.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Blount was NOT lifeless.  The Denver D announced they would not be beaten by the run, and the offensive game plan had no Plan B but to go to deep throws.

It smelled of a very specific plan the Pats praticed all week and the Donkeys were ready for it.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The call was to pass early then work in the running game. Denver was ready for the running game, as expected, and the passing game was unable to step up.

WTTF you are doing throwing a long toss to Slater is totally beyond me.

WTTF are you doing running Vereen up the gut on the 2-point conversion is totally beyond me.

But yes, the Pats, for whatever reason, failed to show up. The lack of effort on both sides of the ball was very dissapointing indeed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Evident the whole game- no fire in the belly.  One of if not the most "flat" game of the season for Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

This was the first time in the post-game that I saw BB almost look disgusted with the offense.  He usually tries to make apologies, or make it sound like a team loss.  But this seemed different to me.  He actually seemed to acknowledge that their offense was a disaster.  Just the tone of his voice when talking about it sounded like he was disgusted by that display. 

That gives me some hope he'll finally get a WR for Brady, but then again, I've been hoping that ever since Randy Moss, and every year, BB gets a bunch of WR scrubs. 

He should be disgusted when he looks in the mirror, and fire his GM.

Sections
Shortcuts