Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.

1) Best TE combo of the day...again.

2) Brady seems to have recovered from his elbow injury.  Passes are much more accurate.  No INTs.

3) Welker had another fantastic day, though it is getting lost in all of the other noise.

4) Our center #4...what's his name?  Anyway, he got his job done.  Good coaching job.  Best not to know your center, right?

5) Mayo had a terrific game...INT. in on a fumble, sack, stopped some runs for losses, solid tackles.

6) Ocho made a tough catch for a first down.

7) Gronk sets TE record for total TDs in a season, is poised to set receiving TD record next week, and scores three TDs!!!  Is first Pats TE to score on a rush.

8) Special teams was good, making a progression from bad earlier in the season to good late in the season.  Good S/T is a must for a contender's success.

9) Was Brady sacked even once?  I do not recall.  If so, that's another improvement.  Pass protection was much improved vs. a team known for excellent pass rushers...especially with center #4.

10) Slater looked serviceable at DB, which is big when you consider that he is a WR who was playing his first game as a DB.  He knows how to tackle.  With coaching, expect to see him cover better in the future.

11) Wilfork got a sack.  He is having a Pro Bowl year.

12) Gave no turnovers. 

13) Pats fans attending showed class to Manning and Saturday. 

14) In case you missed it, the Pats won.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.

So we mailed it in for the 4th quarter. No big deal. The strengths and weaknesses remain the same. We will make the playoffs and have a decent shot at getting somewhere in them. It is what it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.

What Gronk is doing two years into his career is amazing, he leads the league in TD receptions even with the one they took away, he will likely go over 1000 yards next week. History in the making with him. Brady has regained form and hasn't thrown a INT since I don't know when. For 30 minutes 2,3 quarters they looked like an absolutely dominant team. If they can play like that for even 3 quarters that will be unbeatable. Hopefully they build off it. Cannon saw time at tackle, could be useful in the near future. Ridley, for the first action in a while looked good, behind a line that had Benny, Danny, and Faulk stuck at 2 YPC he had a respectable 4.1, hopefully another step in his progress. Pass protection was excellent.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

That's right guys, Ridley and Jones also had good games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Ok I will- none of the backup defensive CBs were injured-no on slipped in the shower and hurt themselves after the game-everyone arrived home safely-BB is still the coach and Brady still has Wes Welker to throw to ad nausea-must I go on or do you get the point?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

GROOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!

oh and Ridley rused for over 4.1 yards/carry in his most extensive work yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

GRONK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.:
    [QUOTE]1) Best TE combo of the day...again. 2) Brady seems to have recovered from his elbow injury.  Passes are much more accurate.  No INTs. 3) Welker had another fantastic day, though it is getting lost in all of the other noise. 4) Our center #4...what's his name?  Anyway, he got his job done.  Good coaching job.  Best not to know your center, right? 5) Mayo had a terrific game...INT. in on a fumble, sack, stopped some runs for losses, solid tackles. 6) Ocho made a tough catch for a first down. 7) Gronk sets TE record for total TDs in a season, is poised to set receiving TD record next week, and scores three TDs!!!  Is first Pats TE to score on a rush. 8) Special teams was good, making a progression from bad earlier in the season to good late in the season.  Good S/T is a must for a contender's success. 9) Was Brady sacked even once?  I do not recall.  If so, that's another improvement.  Pass protection was much improved vs. a team known for excellent pass rushers...especially with center #4. 10) Slater looked serviceable at DB, which is big when you consider that he is a WR who was playing his first game as a DB.  He knows how to tackle.  With coaching, expect to see him cover better in the future. 11) Wilfork got a sack.  He is having a Pro Bowl year. 12) Gave no turnovers.  13) Pats fans attending showed class to Manning and Saturday.  14) In case you missed it, the Pats won.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

And it all would have been for naught if the Colts had a successful onside kick and scored a late TD.

They took the Colts game for granted. There was NOTHING  positive in the 1st qtr, Ghost's FG notwithstanding. They played "bookend" games: the Colts owned the 1st and 4th, the Pats the 2nd and 3rd. This was NOT a playoff performance.

You're right; they DID win, for a positive.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As I've posted in other threads BB was doing some pretty funky things with his D in the 4th qtr.  Rusty pointed out in another thread that his view is that BB was seeing what he had and that may very well be the case.  My positives:
    *My first ever game at Gillette - a bit of an upgrade from those %(%* aluminum bench seats for one thing. 
    *Gronk - the guy is a beast. (It was a pass not a lateral; I was sitting on the Colts 20)
    *Brady was Brady for most of the game as was Welker, Welker.
    *Nate Jones has some potential - liked what I saw.
    *Ninko is really coming into his own.
    *Big Vince is beyond amazing.

There were others but you can bet your Aunt Matilda's privates that BB will use this less than HOF performance as a teaching tool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

they won despite playing a strange 4th Q...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Nice thread.... We should do this more often! Vince Wilfork anchored the defense wonderfully and helped control the line through and through except when we were experimenting in 4th qtr

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It was good to see the Pats hold on and win despite giving some guys the chance to get reps on defense to build a little depth.  I personally am glad that the game was closer than it should've been, it's another chance for BB to reinforce that the team cannot take anyone lightly. 

I don't know what this team's destiny is, but with the number of players they're rotating in and out of the secondary it's amazing that they can hold teams down in scoring as much as they have.  Yards be damned, we can argue that YPG allowed is important or just a product of playing with a lead, not killing the clock and other factors.  I'm beginning to think that this D can turn it on a bit when needed, hope I'm right. 

Someone made a comparison to the Saints' SB squad -- very good offense, ugly statistical defense but opportunistic.  Maybe they can be like that team, who knows? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

1st place in the division - by far. 

31 - 3 margin allows the Pats to try some live fire experiments to see what they've got in terms of personnel.

Gronkowski is a beast.

Welker is a diminuniive beast.

How about that 4th string center - I can't even remember his name. He did a hell of a job.

Mayo is playing with speed and authority - he looks healthier than he's been in the last three years.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

If some so called Pats fans want to complain after a win, go root for someone else.  I don't want to align with ya.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.:
    [QUOTE]If some so called Pats fans want to complain after a win, go root for someone else.  I don't want to align with ya.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Not, what an ORIGINAL idea! Why hasn't someone else ever thought about that one yet?????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In Response to Re: Even grumbling after a win! Write some positive things about the Pats over the Colts.:
    [QUOTE]If some so called Pats fans want to complain after a win, go root for someone else.  I don't want to align with ya.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown, and Ty Law. Many ex player fans and non player fans like to watch a game where players play well and like it matters. I am not a black and white football fan, I like the chess match, and the action.
    The Pats can and did win against the worse team in the NFL and still play badly. (4th quarter)

There was a lot to llike about this game, mostly with TB,offense, and special team side. I postively note that Deion Branch effectively  executed his role with the off side kick which stopped the Colts from tying the game with the 21 unanswered points they had already scored in the 4th quarter.