Even I Cannot Believe This...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Even I Cannot Believe This...

I know I complain about BB all the time, but this shocked me:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-05/nfl-midseason-players-poll-most-overrated-coach-rex-ryan-bill-belichick

I totally get Ryan being the most overrated coach in the NFL, but how can BB come out number  2 in the player vote?!?!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Even I Cannot Believe This...

Because most players are as dumb as a box of rocks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right, because the media hasn't turned on Coughlin.   Rex Ryan has set himself up for being a fraud and with no resume, as we know.

BB, meanwhile, had the media against him starting 20 years ago and then he won 3 SBs and has had the NFL basically finding ways to weaken anything he remotely does as coach or GM, for that matter.

Just 4 years ago Coughlin was known as a slave driver and on his way out of town. Good thing he got lucky in a SB and then got lucky again.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he got lucky and beat a better coach and quarterback the same way, twice... That sound reasonable.

I think more than anything that this poll shows that BB does not have the cache around the league that he once did. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

It disgusts me seeing Bill's name there with Rex and Reid. Players are just stupid/jealous. If not for him and Brady, the Patriots would not be as successful as they are now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It disgusts me seeing Bill's name there with Rex and Reid. Players are just stupid/jealous. If not for him and Brady, the Patriots would not be as successful as they are now.

[/QUOTE]

I was shocked to see him as high as he was... I think that for younger players, the Patriots are not the force in the NFL they once were. 

I do not see how it is jealousy. Obviously players don't believe the hype. If you look at the past five years: twice losing to Couglin, Eli & the Giants in the Super Bowl, and twice being one and done in the playoffs, it's is easy to say, "This guy is thought of as one of the greatest coaches of all-time?" with an emphasis on the question mark.

I am not surprised he got votes, I just cannot believe he came in second.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jealousy.

I keep trying to tell people here the jealousy of this. Fans and players (obviously) are so jealous of what NE has, now BB is the #2 most overrated coach. Not GM, but coach. LOL!

The dude was coach of the year 2 years ago, had his team in the SB last year with an offense that just didn't execute and a mangled secondary, and now will have a 3rd straight nice draft propelling the team with his leadership to another division title and be in posiiton, yet he's overrated. Okie dokie.

It doesn't add up.

The greatest coach in NFL history is overrated. Do I chuckle now or later?

[/QUOTE]

pipe down queenie u think bellichick invented football

btw i sure didnt notice tom coughlin on that list  :  )

[/QUOTE]

That could be because BB has Brady and Coughlin has Eli.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A few things going on here. A good chunk of people think BB gained an unfair advantage with spygate. Another good chunk think anybody would be successful having one of the greatest players to ever play QB. And then, there's the chunk who dislike BB's rather crusty persona as observed by outsiders.

To me BB deserves to be considered the best coach in the game. But then, no coach can do much without good players. He certainly isn't one of the most overrated.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

certainly should not have come in 2nd. Remember, players come and go. How many have careers more than 3-4 years? There are so many new players in the NFL since 2005 that most probably don't even know who BB is....lol :)

Besides, what has BB done lately? It's not like he's won a SB since 2004. Actually winning the SB has a lasting impression on players and fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I think a coach who has been to 5 superbowls in 11 years and won 3 can't possibly be overrated.  I think that the poll in this case expresses that they don't LIKE him, which is different.   As far as Coughlin, he's a good coach.  But yeah, he was nearly fired a couple times.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What have you done lately leauge, lately, not much, but he's the greatest coach in the NFL. I hope this motivates him to try to dominate the NFL. 

Looks like he may have fixed the defensive backfield, assuming he keeps Arrington far off the field, and he should have a GOOD defense to match his elite offense. He may be primed to make a deep run into the Superbowl.

Also, if BB had Coughlin's pass rush for the past 5 years, BB would have another dynasty. I think Coughlin's overrated. Since 2006, he's only won 8 playoff games. All 8 came in 2007 and '12. His team gets hot and makes a run, he doesn't coach them there. This year, a one and done would not surprise me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I complain about BB all the time, but this shocked me:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-05/nfl-midseason-players-poll-most-overrated-coach-rex-ryan-bill-belichick

I totally get Ryan being the most overrated coach in the NFL, but how can BB come out number  2 in the player vote?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

Didn't these guys also vote Brady as one of the most over-rated players? You have to seriously question the credibility of this survey. I really believe the players' beef with the Patriots is their business focus. When a player's value/cost ratio tilts below their threshold, this organization has no problem letting them go. Players want to be paid on reputation and earned prior respect. For the Patriots, it's just business. But yet the Belichick/Brady show keeps on going and winning, with players that the rest of the NFL players don't see as their equal. This seriously pi$$es a lot of them off. I guess it's understandable if your paycheck is being affected. However, any objective analysis would say that what Belichick has done in this era of free agency is a remarkable achievement. And what Brady has done with as many different receivers is equally astonishing. Let the naysayers vote whichever way they want. I will take the Patriots record of appearing in 5, and winning 3, SuperBowls in 11 years any day over any other team. And I think there is more to come. There are other good coaches in the league, of course, including Coughlin, who was impressive even back when he coached BC, but Belichick stands alone, in my opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What have you done lately leauge, lately, not much, but he's the greatest coach in the NFL. I hope this motivates him to try to dominate the NFL. 

Looks like he may have fixed the defensive backfield, assuming he keeps Arrington far off the field, and he should have a GOOD defense to match his elite offense. He may be primed to make a deep run into the Superbowl.

Also, if BB had Coughlin's pass rush for the past 5 years, BB would have another dynasty. I think Coughlin's overrated. Since 2006, he's only won 8 playoff games. All 8 came in 2007 and '12. His team gets hot and makes a run, he doesn't coach them there. This year, a one and done would not surprise me.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is what have you done for me lately league, and the issue is probably that over the past seven seasons, it is hard to look what BB has done as been the best in the league. The onyl thing they have really done, is pile up regular season wins in that stretch.

He probably still is the best coach in the NFL, but the difference between him the next best coaches is getting smaller. 

Since 2006, the Patriots only have 4 playoff wins, 6 if you count the 2006 season. Over the 5 season stretch from 2007-2011 you really think the Patriots (two Super Bowl losses, two one-and-done in the playoffs, one playoff missed) have been a better team than the Giants (two Super Bowl wins, one one-and-done and two playoffs missed)?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Teams that win sb's are successful. The giants have clearly been the more successful team over the past 5 years. However, the pats and BB specifically since 2000 have always fielded a team that can get to the big game and have a chance to win. Even while rebuilding, BB has kept the wheels on and the truck moving and his teams always have a chance. 

Given his responsibilities and what he has done, I think he is the most complete football mind in the game today. Management, coaching, game planning, salary cap management, etc. There really isn't a better all around talent in the nfl. 

Ask any football exec or owner in the business today and in years past and I guarantee BB is mentioned in the top 5 today if not all time. Players opinion only counts when they play for you or when you are trying to attract FA talent ..

Sections
Shortcuts