Even I Cannot Believe This...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Even I Cannot Believe This...

Simple name recognition.  Popular names will get listed.

It happens all the time in all aspects of life.  In a poll of best actors and worst actors guys like Tom Cruise will make both lists.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

People don't get how hard it is to have patriots consistent success.  Belichick is consistent , Brady is consistent , they preach consistency all the time. They make players better around them.

you don't  see the egg laid by Coughlin and jints last week, especially this late in the season.

people just don't get it.  And it doesn't matter really. It actually helps to be underestimated.  Bring it on fools.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I complain about BB all the time

[/QUOTE]

Troll

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

BB is a great coach, arguably the best in the game, and he undoubtedly benefits from having Tom Brady as his QB.  There is no doubt a lot of the Pats' success comes from having the same QB running the same offensive system for a long time.  You wouldn't guess it by the stats of his defenses lately, but he has managed to coach up some pretty average guys over the years and get them to fit in his system.  I am sorry naysayers, but BB has managed to keep this team afloat despite having his underling DC/OC's poached from him on almost a yearly basis.  If you want to say that BB the GM has made BB the coach's job hard at times, I think you could argue that point.  But the results are 5 superbowls as a head coach, and he could be 5-0 despite some pretty good matchups with the Giants.    

I agree with others who say that BB's personality grates the press the wrong way.  He is surly, condescending at times and abrupt.  Half of the Boston media can't stand him despite his success.  He doesn't care about being a media darling.   Some of his interviews are painful to listen to.  And players from other teams hate to admit that the coach is what stirs the drink in New England.  Ty Law and others hated that BB the genius got all the credit, not the players who played for him. 

To me, it will be interesting to see if BB is here post-Brady.  Part of me thinks he'll stick around just to prove he can do it without #12.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Success breeds contempt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

btw i sure didnt notice tom coughlin on that list  :  )

[/QUOTE]

You don't end up on that list when every couple of years your own fans want to have you fired.  Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I complain about BB all the time, but this shocked me:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-05/nfl-midseason-players-poll-most-overrated-coach-rex-ryan-bill-belichick

I totally get Ryan being the most overrated coach in the NFL, but how can BB come out number  2 in the player vote?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

Didn't these guys also vote Brady as one of the most over-rated players? You have to seriously question the credibility of this survey. I really believe the players' beef with the Patriots is their business focus. When a player's value/cost ratio tilts below their threshold, this organization has no problem letting them go. Players want to be paid on reputation and earned prior respect. For the Patriots, it's just business. But yet the Belichick/Brady show keeps on going and winning, with players that the rest of the NFL players don't see as their equal. This seriously pi$$es a lot of them off. I guess it's understandable if your paycheck is being affected. However, any objective analysis would say that what Belichick has done in this era of free agency is a remarkable achievement. And what Brady has done with as many different receivers is equally astonishing. Let the naysayers vote whichever way they want. I will take the Patriots record of appearing in 5, and winning 3, SuperBowls in 11 years any day over any other team. And I think there is more to come. There are other good coaches in the league, of course, including Coughlin, who was impressive even back when he coached BC, but Belichick stands alone, in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

No. Brady was voted #1 after the 2010 season by his peers and then voted somewhere in the top 5 I believe last year.

So, no. No one ever says Brady is overrated unless a troll.   I will say, Brady is not held accountable by some Pats fans for his subpar play in recent postseasons.

[/QUOTE]

Here's a link that explains how NFL players ranked Brady as the 9th most overrated player in the league. I think this should speak to their lack of credibility.

http://www.boston.com/names/2012/10/25/nfl-players-rank-tom-brady-among-league-most-overrated/nMu1HFzIQH3WyiOBwNipCJ/story.html

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's a link that explains how NFL players ranked Brady as the 9th most overrated player in the league. I think this should speak to their lack of credibility.

[/QUOTE]

There's no link.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Should be there now.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hess,

We realize that BB left your heartbroken franchise at the altar of matrimony, but it's time to get over it.  It must hurt to see the Pats' success at the hands of a guy who took your hearts out and stomped on them, we get it.  Every time you see BB shaking hands after another victory I bet Dionne Warwick singing "Walk on By" must flood your skull. 

If you can say with a straight face that you are happier with all the joy that  Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini and Rex Ryan brought you over BB, the heartbreak must be even more profound than you let on. You sound like a jilted lover, let's not kid ourselves here...

Foolish pride, that's all that I have left

So let me hide the tears and the sadness you gave me

When you said goodbye

buh buh buh buh buh

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Said like any jilted lover!  "Good riddance, I am too good for him anyway." or "It would've never worked bwtween us anyway, we're just two different people."  Haha, right!  We were the rebound guy that just happened to be the real thing!  You got our sloppy seconds with Parcells and we took back the guy who we knew could finish the job.  In your own words, you enjoy now, k?! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]

Right, because the media hasn't turned on Coughlin.   Rex Ryan has set himself up for being a fraud and with no resume, as we know.[/QUOTE]

When the Jests fire him he can run for president. ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A few things going on here. About good chunk of people think BB gained an unfair advantage with spygate. Another good chunk think anybody would be successful having one of the greatest players to ever play QB. And then, there's the chunk who dislike BB's rather crusty persona as observed by outsiders.

To me BB deserves to be considered the best coach in the game. But then, no coach can do much without good players. He certainly isn't one of the most overrated.

[/QUOTE]

The Giants have had some questionable actions go completely ignored by the media. There was a big deal made last season about the defense flopping to fake injuries against any team running the no huddle. Players from opposing teams complained about it all last season, very little press coverage & none from NYC. Does that surprise anyone? It was out there, & they still pulled it in the SB. The NFL needs a commissioner unaffiliated with NYC & with a backbone.