Even I Cannot Believe This...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Even I Cannot Believe This...

Hess,

A play or two away from a perfect 5-0 in superbowls, including a squeaker last year, yeah that's just terrible.  This team has been just awful to watch.  Granted, we lost to the superior NY team, the Giants, who have actually done something in the past 40 years.  I'll take losing a heartbreaker in the superbowl over anonymity any day.  But if waiting on the end of NE's nice little run gets you through the day, then do what you have to do pal!  Enjoy!

buh buh buh buh buh

walk on by...

buh buh buh buh buh

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: Even I Cannot Believe This...Havent won anything in almost 45 years...U Mad Bro?

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well gang...as always the pleasure has been all yours. I have to get in the car for a bit and can't wait to listen to sports radio just crucify the so called genuis himself!

Great day! A day that I'm surprised hadn't happened a few years ago. BB being called overrated!!HIP HIP HOORAY!

Y'all have a nice day now...ya'hear!?

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

Well gang...as always the pleasure has been all yours. I have to get in the car for a bit and can't wait to listen to sports radio just crucify the so called genuis himself!

Great day! A day that I'm surprised hadn't happened a few years ago. BB being called overrated!!HIP HIP HOORAY!

Y'all have a nice day now...ya'hear!?

[/QUOTE]

My grand-dad always warned me never to follow a farm animal act up on stage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

But I am not the Boston guy on the NY message board massaging my ego and telling you all that Rex is overrated.  You come here to validate your beliefs somehow, you obviously have an axe to grind with BB.  So be it. Like a lot of loud New Yorkers I know, you can dish it out but you can't take it.  You hate to be challenged. 

Either you accept that this same poll that calls your coach overrated is true, or you take if for what it is.  You can't say Rex shouldn't be on the list but BB should. In the real world, BB has been on a pretty good run for over a decade long and Rex has had hit-or-miss success and not one SB appearance. 

I am a lemming!  Right.  I just call it how I see it.  You make up stuff to suit your agenda.  Have fun now! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate to bring it up again, but BB has lost 2 SBs in the last 5 seasons, because of his QB/offense's execution. That has nothing to do with BB whatsoever. Each team featured good or great players that simply didn't execute 1 or 2 plays to win those games. That's simply not his fault. 

BB should have at least been a finalist for coach of the year off the lockout last year going 13-3 and taking a young and injured D into the SB for crying out loud.   He won coach of the year in 2010 and should have won GM of the year in a landslide.  If anything, BB being held to this outlandish higher standard than everyone else, almost makes him underrated because no one even appreciates what he's doing, even some of our own fans!

His handling of the drafts, coaching up the younger players, handling the waiver wire, the PS and how he uses that so well, hiding his players on IR to help later in the year, etc, all these things as GM and then as he coaches the whole team up, is flat out  genius year after year.

Here's who is overrated: MIke Tomlin.  Without LeBeau he couldn't coach that team out of a wet paper bag. He's as big as a figurehead coach who wins in this league as their is.  Throw in the market he plays in and its even more so. Have you ever seen anyone more disengaged during a game than Mike Tomlin? He does this tough guy thing and takes the headset on and off with some starting here and there and doesn't say a word all game long.  He's just there for the ride and to celebrate a TD with the players. LOL

THAT is who is overrated.  Pitt loses a Center or their start Safety or whatnot and they go 8-8 in 2009 and miss the playoffs.  BB loses Brady in 2008 and and his back up QB helps the club to an 11-5 record.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, this makes no sense. How does the head coach have nothing to do with the offense. Isn't that the number one complaint about guys like Ryan, that they only focus on defense and let the offense do whatever they want. If BB is allowing the offense to lose his team Super Bowl, then that by definition is bad coaching.

As for the "flat out genius" line. This is the attitude towards BB that I just do not get. He is not infallible. For the past seven seasons, obviously some has either done a better job as coach or as a GM then BB. Unless, you definition of being good at these things does not require you to use championships.

I think BB is a better coach than Tomlin, but in the time since Tomlin took over the Steelers, both teams have been to the Super Bowl (BB is 0-2 in that time, Tomlin is 1-1). Both teams, failed to make the playoffs one year and were one-and-done twice. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hess,

A play or two away from a perfect 5-0 in superbowls, including a squeaker last year, yeah that's just terrible.  This team has been just awful to watch.  Granted, we lost to the superior NY team, the Giants, who have actually done something in the past 40 years.  I'll take losing a heartbreaker in the superbowl over anonymity any day.  But if waiting on the end of NE's nice little run gets you through the day, then do what you have to do pal!  Enjoy! 

buh buh buh buh buh

walk on by...

buh buh buh buh buh

[/QUOTE]

He is also three plays away from being 0-5... This is such a stupid argument. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Do we "really" care?  As noted on M&M this morning, BB may appear ator near the top of the list as one of the coaches players may want to play for most.  I believe such a poll had that result a while ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has more to do with the GM (Colbert) since their depth was/is a problem in Pitt. So yeah maybe it could more so about that I guess than it ties to Tomlin, but it also has something to do with the coach's ability to lead and rally when a star player goes down.

It makes perfect sense. 

Finally, me calling BB a genius is more about understanding I am not saying a genius is a perfect human being or not infallible at all. You're just taking the word, how I use it and then assuming I think he is infallible.

Martin Scorsese is a genius, but he's also had some turds in the punch bowl. Rare,  but he's still a genius.

Nice job glossing over my explanation and reasoning as to why BB wants versatile players to run his O and D like chameleons from week to week, too.  I'll take your lack of reaction to that as you now seeing the light on it.

Mike Tomlin = George Seifert or Barry Switzer

[/QUOTE]

Mike Tomlin is already a lot more successful that Switzer. Got to one Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's team and then went down hill each after that. Tomlin got his team back to the Super Bowl a second time and currently has them at the same record as the Patriots this season. 

Seifert is a better coach than you are giving him credit for. The first Super Bowl you can credit to Walsh if you want, but the second one was his team with a different QB. He is one of three coaches in NFL history to win Super Bowls with multiple QBs (a feat that BB has yet to accomplish).

Who cares about having "versatile players to run his O and D like chameleons from week to week"? If it does not lead to more championships, it is probably not the best system. So you would rather have a coach who teaches players to do all these different things even if it means not winning Super Bowls? 

I think BB is still a great coach. I think he just needs to get back to doing what he does best and that is defense first football. I still feel like after the 2006 season, he change his mind and decided he could win the offense. 2007 was the first time the offense was better than the defense and the disparity has grown since then... I do not think it is coincidence that they were winning Super Bowls when the defense was the strength and losing them when the offense is...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do we "really" care?  As noted on M&M this morning, BB may appear ator near the top of the list as one of the coaches players may want to play for most.  I believe such a poll had that result a while ago.

[/QUOTE]

That is why the initial results surprised me... I am wondering if players attitudes toward playing for BB are changing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is why the initial results surprised me... I am wondering if players attitudes toward playing for BB are changing.

[/QUOTE]

Could be. Maybe they are realizing he can't draft his way to a good defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I complain about BB all the time, but this shocked me:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-05/nfl-midseason-players-poll-most-overrated-coach-rex-ryan-bill-belichick

I totally get Ryan being the most overrated coach in the NFL, but how can BB come out number  2 in the player vote?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

In the case of Ryan, it's comedic honesty. In the case of BB, it's dislike/jealousy/fatigue with the Patriots-win or lose-being there to be dealt with year after year after year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TroyBrown80's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think a coach who has been to 5 superbowls in 11 years and won 3 can't possibly be overrated.  I think that the poll in this case expresses that they don't LIKE him, which is different.   As far as Coughlin, he's a good coach.  But yeah, he was nearly fired a couple times.  

[/QUOTE]

Some of the polled might be thinking he got to 5 SBs in 11 years because Brady got to 5 SBs in 10 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

The voters have voted and BB comes in a close second to Rex Ryan as the most overrated coach on the planet. Well old Rexy deserved that -He opens his mouth too much and everybody seems to understand that and accept Rex for what he is.

Now the big new -Old BB the so called genuis was rated the 2nd most overrated coach on the planet!

Hallelujah!I've been saying it for years. he won by cheating** and everybody knows that!

You the blind leading the blind lemmings just don't seem to get it nor accept that your guy cheated to win and now everybody is getting tired of BB's game. If he was so smart he would have figured out a way to beat the Giants in the pats last 2 SB's.

The Genuis is getting called out Nationally- I love it!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense and stupidity. He won because he used to have a defense he partly inherited.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A few things going on here. About good chunk of people think BB gained an unfair advantage with spygate. Another good chunk think anybody would be successful having one of the greatest players to ever play QB. And then, there's the chunk who dislike BB's rather crusty persona as observed by outsiders.

To me BB deserves to be considered the best coach in the game. But then, no coach can do much without good players. He certainly isn't one of the most overrated.

[/QUOTE]

The Giants have had some questionable actions go completely ignored by the media. There was a big deal made last season about the defense flopping to fake injuries against any team running the no huddle. Players from opposing teams complained about it all last season, very little press coverage & none from NYC. Does that surprise anyone? It was out there, & they still pulled it in the SB. The NFL needs a commissioner unaffiliated with NYC & with a backbone.

[/QUOTE]

Small potatoes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Guys on other teams don't like him very much I guess. It's ridiculous to say a guy who has the best record over a 12 year span is overrated.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A few things going on here. About good chunk of people think BB gained an unfair advantage with spygate. Another good chunk think anybody would be successful having one of the greatest players to ever play QB. And then, there's the chunk who dislike BB's rather crusty persona as observed by outsiders.

To me BB deserves to be considered the best coach in the game. But then, no coach can do much without good players. He certainly isn't one of the most overrated.

[/QUOTE]

Well put.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts