Even more to worry about then the D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Even more to worry about then the D

in the 2nd half, the d did more then enough to keep them in the game, the o was just horrible and we got outcoached

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Need a deep threat

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the d was bad, but i cant complain about 23 points...offense had 8 possesions and scored 17 points, we cant win like that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Why worry when the Pats have the worst pass defense in football for the past 2 years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Even more to worry about then the D

Pats offense against Dallas sluggish and just 20 points.  Pats offense against Pitts sluggish and just 17 points.

Common factor.  Teams are really starting to move up the safeties and take away Welker and in this game Hernadez as well.  We have all heard about the "game plan" to beat the Pats--- well looks like we are seeing it come to fruition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Price had his man totally beat on the play TB had to move up in the pocket and muffed the throw.

Price or Slater need to be on the field on 3rd down to at least keep the other team honest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Even more to worry about then the D:
    [QUOTE]in the 2nd half, the d did more then enough to keep them in the game, the o was just horrible and we got outcoached
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  Pitts didnt have to punt until 29 secs left in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Why worry about the D?  They stink - we know it, they know it, coaches know it - so what's the use for fans to worry?  Similar to last year, if we do make the playoffs this year (and I'm having doubts), there's no way on God's green Earth we'll beat a decent team.  Have we thus far this year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE YOUR OPINION SERIOUSLY WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEN AND THAN?  LEARN WHAT MOST OF THE REST OF US KNEW AFTER 4TH GRADE, MAYBE I WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.  NAH.  I STILL WON'T.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]the d was bad, but i cant complain about 23 points...offense had 8 possesions and scored 17 points, we cant win like that
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

23 points and 40 minutes of possession is miserable. I can complain about that all day long. If you allow 23 ppg you are in the bottom half of NFL defenses. Let alone when it's 23 on long 7 minute drives. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even more to worry about then the D : Are you serious?  Pitts didnt have to punt until 29 secs left in the game.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

That is unfathomable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

I think the D played right up to their bend don't break belief.  They held the other team to only 23, and gave the O yet another chance at the end.  The safety is not on the D.  The O was completely allergic to the football tonight.  ZERO clock management.  ZERO running game.  ZERO passing game.  ZERO  leadership from the 2 headed monster, BB and TB.  We wanted to lose this game, I'm convinced.  That's all I have left to hope for with this team, because it can't be this bad, I'm sure. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]Why worry when the Pats have the worst pass defense in football for the past 2 years.
    Posted by gwomlo[/QUOTE]

more like 3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even more to worry about then the D : more like 3
    Posted by itllnevahapn[/QUOTE]

Since 2006 we've had a turrible pass defense. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Actually you have to give credit where credit is due.  Pitt realized that in order to stop our offense, take the top off of the D because we don't have a deep threat, move them up and play man to man.  That combined with getting pressure on Brady leaves very little room or time to operate. 

Their offensive plan was just as great and just as simple, spread the field (like we like to do) and pick on and apart our pathetic secondary.  The biggest surprise is how close the score was when it really comes down to it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even more to worry about then the D : 23 points and 40 minutes of possession is miserable. I can complain about that all day long. If you allow 23 ppg you are in the bottom half of NFL defenses. Let alone when it's 23 on long 7 minute drives. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

40 minutes possession is not all on the d. pats had 4 possessions with no score, combining for about 6 mins of possession. if they just held on to the ball for 3 mins each, pitt possession would have been down to 34. a fifth possession lasted 33 secs. it was for a TD that the d served on a silver platter. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]The D was pretty good, really rallying in that second half. Watch the whole game next time. My god. Our offensive philosophy is awful. AWFUL.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Rallied in the second half? The only thing that changed was that the yardage and time consuming drives by Pittsburg ended in FGs instead of TDs. They gave up 133 yards over thirteen minutes to start the half and both drives ended with points. The only thing that is "AWFUL" about this team is the past defense. The offensive philosophy that you hate just gain 423 on 78 plays (5.5 yards per play) and held onto the ball for thirds of the game.

The offense definitely has some issues:
    1. While I do not think you need an elite back, but you need to know who your running back is. There is no consistency week to week on even within a game. We have had now four different people lead this team in carries and yards over the course of the season. Depth is nice, but don't these guys needs reps to get some rhythm?
    2. The WR group overall is junk. Welker is an elite slot guy. The best in the NFL. Branch is a good complimentary player, but it is begining to look like is best days are behind him. Ocho, Price, Slater and Edelman are not even worth mentioning. Aaron Hernandez is probably the second best WR on the team.
    3. The offensive line is inconsistent at best. I am sure the RB situation does not help. Different backs tend to have different tendencies and I am sure the line likes get into a rhythm with the same guy blocking behind them. They are old at left tackle (not sure how I feel about Vollmer or Solder being their next year if Light retires). Waters was a nice pick up, but given his age and that he retired once, I would not expect more that a year or two out of him. 

That said they still have one of the elite QBs in the history of the NFL, the best 1-2 punch at TE in the league today, and the ability to score at will when the offense clicks.

The defense on the other had has had problems at DB for several years now. McCourty does not look like he going back to the Pro Bowl this year and the opposite corner and free safety position are basically just NFL bodies at this point. The defense looks both underskill and poorly coach on the whole. This team has not had an elite defense since the 2004 Super Bowl championship team. I think it is not a coincidence that we have not won another trophy since.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The D was pretty good, really rallying in that second half. Watch the whole game next time. My god. Our offensive philosophy is awful. AWFUL.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

of my 10 or 11 prescriptions for the pats at th eend of last year, #1 or #2 was fire obrian and get a real o.c.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Even more to worry about then the D:
    [QUOTE]Pats offense against Dallas sluggish and just 20 points.  Pats offense against Pitts sluggish and just 17 points. Common factor.  Teams are really starting to move up the safeties and take away Welker and in this game Hernadez as well.  We have all heard about the "game plan" to beat the Pats--- well looks like we are seeing it come to fruition.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

also included in my patw prescription, outside the #s legit wide receiver height, hands, speed, route running ,ability to fight through jams and to get open.

freeing up welker and tes from double team and from flooded middle and short routes

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the d is what it is. it sucks. it has for years. it does again this year. with the same people, playing the rest of the year, you can hope for improvement later, but would be foolish to expect that improvement. for this crew, giving up 20-24 is par for course. accept that.

here's the thing, if you still want this team to make it to the playoffs and go deep in the playoffs, really, the only variable that determines that is the pats offense. they just cannot underperform.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats1977. Show pats1977's posts

We need a real defensive coordinator

Sections
Shortcuts