Even though it will not happen would this be a solid draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Even though it will not happen would this be a solid draft

Trade a second this year and Oaklands 1st next year to the Jags for pick # 10.
    With pick 10 you draft Haden.
    Then with pick 22 you draft Jerry Hughes.
    Then trade AD, Pick # 44 and a 6th to the Rams for pick #33.
    Pick # 33 you draft Demayrius Thomas
    Pick # 47 You draft Spikes to put next to Mayo
    Pick # 53 you draft Decker, I know this is high for him but he will be good

I think this could help us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Even though it will not happen would this be a solid draft

No way I do that because there's a good chance Oakland's 2011 pick is in the top 10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

In your Scenerio, If the Patriots are going to make that kind of jump ....  They would be after Jason Pierre-Paul or Derrick Morgan, Most Likely.   Another CB is not what is needed.   Their secondary will improve far more by putting pressure on the QB. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In Response to Re: Even though it will not happen would this be a solid draft:
    [QUOTE]In your Scenerio, If the Patriots are going to make that kind of jump ....  They would be after Jason Pierre-Paul or Derrick Morgan, Most Likely.   Another CB is not what is needed.   Their secondary will improve far more by putting pressure on the QB. 

I agree that Morgan would be a great pick up but I went with Haden because I think that Hughes could be also be a great player. So if you swap Haden for Morgan than their is 2 pass rushers that could  put the much needed pressure on the qb and it would help with the run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree with rolltide you go for either Morgan or JPP, and I think Morgan is more of a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 OLB. I think JPP might be a better pick overall for our system. I'm also not completely sold on Thomas, I'd rather have a more polished route runner like Williams or Tate, but I can't be overly disappointed with Thomas if they fix their pass rush with 2 very solid players. So to switching it up a bit going with Morgan or JPP at #10 then at #22 trading out Hughes for Odrick, Williams, or Tate. You can keep your 6th and at #44 (which it would prob take more then a 6th to move up 11 spots in the 2nd anyways) take either Thomas, Williams, or Carrington depending on what you take at #22 and who's available. Since you need to lose a 2nd for the Jax trade I'm just going to combine #47 and #53 and say which ever we don't trade we need another OL more then a ILB or another WR (I'm guessing you mean Eric Decker) I'd go with Veldheer.

Though I do think it would take more then a 2nd and next years 1st to get the deal done. Maybe swap 1st's and next years 1st or an additional 4th

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i say get rid of oakland's #1 pick this year and get some value now to fix a hole in the defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from iceman778. Show iceman778's posts

For every action there is a reaction

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's a little hint for all the guys hoping for JPP,I live in Florida and my nephew goes to USF so I can tell you that though JPP did in fact have a productive season he wasn't all that! Please when you are talking about the Bulls look to the other guys on the defense George Selvie,Jerome Murphy,Nate Allen and then equate what JPP's production would have been without those 3 guys? JPP was good but his defensive team was outstanding and had several guys for the oppositions Offense to be worried about. So don't make like all the NFL geeks who are singing his praises try too remember that he's only played 7 games as a starter at a Major college program.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

In Response to Even though it will not happen would this be a solid draft:
    Trade a second this year and Oaklands 1st next year to the Jags for pick # 10. With pick 10 you draft Haden. Then with pick 22 you draft Jerry Hughes. Then trade AD, Pick # 44 and a 6th to the Rams for pick #33. Pick # 33 you draft Demayrius Thomas Pick # 47 You draft Spikes to put next to Mayo Pick # 53 you draft Decker, I know this is high for him but he will be good I think this could help us.
    Posted by looneyman

I agree with some but with the 10th pick we would take C.J. Spiller and instead of Decker we would take Anthony McCoy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Trade a second this year and Oaklands 1st next year to the Jags for pick # 10. With pick 10 you draft Haden. Then with pick 22 you draft Jerry Hughes. Then trade AD, Pick # 44 and a 6th to the Rams for pick #33. Pick # 33 you draft Demayrius Thomas Pick # 47 You draft Spikes to put next to Mayo Pick # 53 you draft Decker, I know this is high for him but he will be good I think this could help us.
    Posted by looneyman
    I am not sure that Haden will be there at 10. Likely gone to Cleveland. I also believe if you are #10 Go for the Homerun threat in Spiller. One other thing I think Williams is more Pro ready than Thomas at WR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

all i gotta say is trade up for spiller 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Spiller solves the need for RB and takes presssure off WR position as well.  He is a perfect future replacement for Faulk, and with CJ and Faulk splitting out of the back field together or one splitting out and the other staying back for a possible draw play on third down... that would give the defenses a massive headache. 

And the depth of defensive players that fit our scheme will allow us to improve the defense a ton with the later picks be it at 22 if we use a 2011 pick to move up or a second round pick if we dont. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Trade a second this year and Oaklands 1st next year to the Jags for pick # 10.
    Posted by looneyman

Yuck!  Will not happen.  Oakland will come close to the #1 pick in the whole 2011 draft.  How close is the question.  BB never trades into a current year, it's fundamentally bad business for any coach that isn't in a desperate situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm not sure from where everyone is getting these fantasies that $4.9mil Adalius Thomas is actually worth something in a trade...

And I don't know the draft or college football well enough to comment on your ideas, but I'm personally in love with the idea of Rolando McClain playing next to Jerod Mayo.  Everything that I saw of McClain in the national championship screamed that he was the second coming of Brian Urlacher, an intelligent middle linebacker who can lead the defense while being a freak athlete and a beast.

Sections
Shortcuts