Ever wondered why, in the last 2yrs, Pats DBs all never seemed to look back for ball on deep passes? Well apparently they were coached that way per Sterling Moore. .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

"Honestly, it might sound cliche', but they teach it that way in New England,'' Moore said. "It's never stop hustling, just do the little things, and play to the whistle. We had a drill that we used to do at the end of practice with the receivers where we were just literally playing their hands. We don't look back for the ball as a DB, it's just when their hands go up we try to break through their hands.

So there you have it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

considering who the db's coach is, this doesnt surprise me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Promote mickey mouse coaches and you get mickey mouse results.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This site works about as well as the Pats' D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well someone should tell the coach it isn't working.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well someone should tell the coach it isn't working.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

South Dakota School of Mines' finest....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Well does anyone really believe that such instruction does not have BB's blessing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Triple post at its finest...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

This is another experiment with DB's which failed. Remember a couple of yrs ago, the Pats were enamoured with short m!dget corners (hobbs/wilhite/wheatly...) which also failed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Talib got hurt, Dennard played well

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Talib got hurt, Dennard played well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea dennard played well, arrington and cole got burned. cant say i didnt see that coming. cole on boldin? that was asking for him to score on us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Dennard will suck next season with more coaching.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Dennard will suck next season with more coaching.

LOL..as cynical as that sounds, thats been the trend.

I still can't get over Mccourty's dropoof from his stellar rookie year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's been more than 2 years. EVERY SINGLE DB gets WORSE from year to year, no better shining, obvious example than McCourty who was a probowler, then got morphed into a pile of garbage at CB. This has been talked about for at least 4 years. THe coaching took a serious hit when McDaniels and Mangini left, and still hasn't recovered.

That aside, the D played well last night overall. Forced, what, 6 punts? The ofeense barely did anything, and kept PUNTING from the 35 in one of the most depressingly spineless moves I've seen out of this team. And don't even get me started on the end of the first half...Pete Carroll would have been proud. Is that what we're reduced to? BB having "Pete Carroll" moments of clock mismanagement?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Well does anyone really believe that such instruction does not have BB's blessing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

i think he was describing a drill they run, not how they teach DBs to cover.

Sections
Shortcuts