1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Everybody knows it....

This post has been Removed by me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I have been vocal recently saying that I thought the O line was falling short in the biggest games against the biggest opponents. What you may have missed in my statements is that it is clear the O line is very, very good: (1) solid run blocking (in large part due to very good execution and technique taught by Dante S), (2) solid pass blocking (ditto), and (3) great depth - possibly best depth in the league.

What is overlooked by those who treat the O line with the same religious fervor as some treat TB or BB (as the case may be) is that in their excellently well rounded abilities they can fall short against THE BEST in THE BIGGEST games. When we really want to be able to run into the teeth of a D the most beastial run Ds are generally up to the challenge. When we HAVE TO pass the most dominating pass rushes push TB to the limits and reduce time for receivers to get open.

The strength of the O line is not really debatable. THey are really good. But in light of each playoff loss since 2007 (including 2 SBs) the inability to DOMINATE the way a champ does and even more than that, the inability to simply offset the opponent's defensive strength has been ALL TO PLAIN TO SEE.

So yes, it is easy to wax on abount how good the O line is because they ARE. But they have also fallen short... I don't think it is really debatable.

Your standards are too high. Being the best in the NFL isn't good enough because they don't DOMINATE in super bowls. The days of domination in the NFL are over.

agree...not as many weak sisters and perenially bad franchises as the so-called "good old days"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I'd say a great QB, like Brady, will make everyone around him statistically better.  I'm sure if Sanchez was our QB those O-line stats look much worse.

Yeah, Brady is the only good player on our team. Belichick is lucky he inherited all his good players blah blah.. We get it buddy.

Do you always have sand in your vag.  You must be really fun to be around Mr. Grumples.

Could ask you the same thing, Tcal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I'd say a great QB, like Brady, will make everyone around him statistically better.  I'm sure if Sanchez was our QB those O-line stats look much worse.

Yeah, Brady is the only good player on our team. Belichick is lucky he inherited all his good players blah blah.. We get it buddy.

Do you always have sand in your vag.  You must be really fun to be around Mr. Grumples.

When am I ever nasty to other posters? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

When am I ever nasty to other posters? 

I would first ask, since it's implied in your post, when was TrueChamp ever nasty to you? I see no personal attack, but a sarcastic response with little malice involved. 

As for your question, I think it can be answered via the following quote:

"Do you always have sand in your vag.  You must be really fun to be around Mr. Grumples."

If that's not nastiness, I'm not sure what is.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess you never watched South Park.  Wait a Minute, Is this you Rusty?  Have you assumed another alias?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So, to recap what we've learned here, the O line is the strength of the team and the running game is very good.  The problem in the playoffs is the coaches apparently don't understand this and therefore call the wrong plays and rely too much on an undependable QB. 

Okay then . . . 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I was just talking with someone this morning about that same thing. There isn't a team with as good a set of tackles as the Patriots. For all of the negative talk about their drafting nobody talks about some of the great offensive linemen they've drafted. Look at this years draft and see how much teams covet good offensive lineman, especially at the tackle position. Vollmer was a steal, I remember his rookie season when he filled in for Matt Light against the colts in Indy. Freeny didn't even get a finger on Brady as Vollmer manhandled him all game. Not bad for a rookie going against the top pass rusher at the time. Soldier, another solid pick. He played at pro bowl level last year and is only getting better. Great drafting by Belichick and great coaching on the part of Dante. 

Would it surprise you to hear me totally agree with this? Well, I do. I ahve been a fan of both our tackles since the moment they were picked. I think Solder will end up being the best tackle we ever had once he hits his prime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

So, to recap what we've learned here, the O line is the strength of the team and the running game is very good.  The problem in the playoffs is the coaches apparently don't understand this and therefore call the wrong plays and rely too much on an undependable QB. 

Okay then . . . 

And women arnt allowed to drink beer at the beach cause they get sand in their Schlitz,   Wait there was something about sand.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I have been vocal recently saying that I thought the O line was falling short in the biggest games against the biggest opponents. What you may have missed in my statements is that it is clear the O line is very, very good: (1) solid run blocking (in large part due to very good execution and technique taught by Dante S), (2) solid pass blocking (ditto), and (3) great depth - possibly best depth in the league.

What is overlooked by those who treat the O line with the same religious fervor as some treat TB or BB (as the case may be) is that in their excellently well rounded abilities they can fall short against THE BEST in THE BIGGEST games. When we really want to be able to run into the teeth of a D the most beastial run Ds are generally up to the challenge. When we HAVE TO pass the most dominating pass rushes push TB to the limits and reduce time for receivers to get open.

The strength of the O line is not really debatable. THey are really good. But in light of each playoff loss since 2007 (including 2 SBs) the inability to DOMINATE the way a champ does and even more than that, the inability to simply offset the opponent's defensive strength has been ALL TO PLAIN TO SEE.

So yes, it is easy to wax on abount how good the O line is because they ARE. But they have also fallen short... I don't think it is really debatable.

Your standards are too high. Being the best in the NFL isn't good enough because they don't DOMINATE in super bowls. The days of domination in the NFL are over.

I think you miss my point.. or perhaps I simply have made the point over multiple threads and so am not being clear enough. I know with salary caps you cant dominate year in and year out. You might for one or two maybe. What I am saying is that

(1) there is not just one way to make this team a SB champ (and it is a hairs breath away as it is)

(2) one way is to improve the D - and there is more than one way to do that

(3) one way is to improve the O - and there is more than one way to do that...

(4) my belief is that the O and D lines set up the rest of the O and D for success (or failure)...

(5) so if you make either the O or D line dominant it will put this team over the top. Becuase we have TB... and those TEs... and a very good stable of RBs.. and perhaps a very good stable of WRs (we shall see but I am expecting good things or better)... because of all that upgrading the O line would do great things. THe two places to maybe do that are C or RG.

(6) - I think this O line is one of the best in the league...

(7) Just as I think the Pats are one of the very best teams in the league I think they need to get just a little better.... just as I think that I apply the same logic to the O line as one way to accomplish the former.

... does that make sense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Dude, last time:

Funniest words ever posted here, maybe, ever uttered in the history of the world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay then . . . 

Yeah. BB has been reading Rusty's posts for years now but is a little slow to grasp the brilliance of our resident troll's football genius. Let's hope BB can reach the pinnacle of football understanding Rusty has achieved before Brady retires. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Okay then . . . 

Yeah. BB has been reading Rusty's posts for years now but is a little slow to grasp the brilliance of our resident troll's football genius. Let's hope BB can reach the pinnacle of football understanding Rusty has achieved before Brady retires. 

If Belichick were Rusty, Brady wouldn't get the chance to retire. He'd be cut first for insubordination, incompetence, or both. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Overall, brilliant work. Thanks, BB.

I'm sure you whisper this to your blow up doll dumbkoff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay then . . . 

If Belichick were Rusty, Brady wouldn't get the chance to retire. He'd be cut first for insubordination, incompetence, or both. 

You keep trying to reason with this goofy blowhard. You should know better by now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, would it be fair to say our O-line looks great during the season, but gets a bit exposed in the playoffs?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The new avatar is good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Okay then . . . 

just imagine how much more successful BB could have been had only Rusty been around him earlier in his career!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This is an odd turn to this thread. Prolate is wildly aligning with troll Babe and trolls like Gunty and acts like it will be well received.

Meanwhile, Gunty is actually accurate in calling out the miserable and toolish TCal.

Of course, anyone who would say that Tom Brady raises the play of those around him is crazy.  Just ask Rusty and the other Rusty's.  It's quite obvious to anyone with an IQ above 30 or who isn't a Brady bashing troll, that's how it works.

A "salesman" calling someone miserable....lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts