Everybody's Missing the Point on the Bellichick Decision

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Everybody's Missing the Point on the Bellichick Decision

Instead of everyone dissecting the should i go for it, should i punt scenario, what people fail to take in account is what the Pats did just prior to the play (call a stupid timeout, not take time off the clock), and what it did after...Let's use the idea that the Colts are so good that the Pats felt it couldn't stop Manning on a 2-minute drill...If that really is the case, if you really want your team's offense to control the destiny of the game, why in the name of Holy Grogan, do you not let the Colts run in for a touchdown. Instead you got the inevitable, let's stop them as the clock winds to 10 seconds left. I'd have much rather thought the odds were pretty good that had the Pats let them score, take a 35-34 lead, the team would have had some 1:25 or so left to move into a Gostkowski 50-yard range. At least give your team a shot at winning, OR LET YOUR OFFENSE WIN IT. That's the whole argument about going for it on your own 28...So then you change your ideology now that the ball is Indy's??? Incredible lack of forethought on the Pats parts. So many teams make the choice of let's stop them, well how many times has it ended exactly how that series ended--a touchdown. Against good teams, all the time, that's how many. You have to sometimes just say "hey, let them score," we need to get the ball back. So rather than moan about going for it on the 28, how bout moan about why the heck the Pats didn't stay consistent in its own thinking about offense winning the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Re: Everybody's Missing the Point on the Bellichick Decision

For those who say you have to stop them...I say, uh, no, you don't have to do anything...Since the Hall of Fame Coach threw out the logic book with his decision, he might as well go the whole 9 yards and let the Colts score...It was the way to go there. Time was on Pats side if that had happened and a 1-point game. Gostkowski in a dome? he would have drilled a 50-52-yarder in his sleep.

Sections
Shortcuts