Everybody's predicting the Giants to win...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Everybody's predicting the Giants to win...

I like it. This has to be steaming the Patriots players. The Giants players are sounding pretty confident, maybe just a bit too much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Everybody's predicting the Giants to win...

I'm kinda banking on that. I definitely think the Giants mouthy
    front 4 is going to be in for a little surprise w/ the Pats O line (esp w/ Vollmer back)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Makes it much sweeter when you win!!! I think the Patriots will let their play do their talking for them!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I like it. Pats really havent had that underdog mentality in a while...and these are the type of players that i think can thrive in this role....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Everybody's predicting the Giants to win...:
    [QUOTE]I like it. This has to be steaming the Patriots players. The Giants players are sounding pretty confident, maybe just a bit too much.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]
    It sounds like Coach Tom Coughlin is going around to every single Giants player with a boatload of positive affirmations.  Maybe it worked too well.  Already two Giants players have called out their Patriots counterparts in front of the cameras, which may not have been Coughlin's plan. 

Julian Edelman has been called out by name as the weak link on the defensive backfield.  I bet Edelman just loves this treatment.  His teammates may practice harder too, and watch more videotape. 

The Giants' center called out the Patriots' defensive line, as in, "If we do our job they can't do anything."  So that's the story, Mr. Wilfork, Mr. Love, all of you guys, apparently you can't do anything.  Aren't there some more videotape machines available?

Now we see a Giants bandwagon effect in the sports media.  Interesting.  Team of destiny. 

If I had to pick between a 13-3 team that had finished the last half of the season by winning 8 straight cruiser games in a row, versus a 9-7 team that had finished 3-5, I'm not at all sure why I'd pick a 9-7 team over a 13-3 team. 

Looking at another level, the individual players look pretty much like they played on a 9-7 team.  Most of their offensive line has been nothing but a bunch of turnstiles over the past two games.  The team can't run up the middle to save its life, 32nd in the league in running yards.  They're not that good at defending against the pass, 29th in the NFL.  Unlike the Patriots, the Giants really earned that #29 slot by losing 7 games so that they weren't just giving up meaningless prevent defense yards in the fourth quarter all the time.  They're passable on interceptions, with Manning tossing away 16 interceptions and the Giants defense grabbing 20 in return. 

If you're a Giants fan all of this must be the hallmark of a great team of destiny.  If you're a Patriots fan you're looking dispassionately at the numbers and saying "Meh!"  The Cincinnati Bengals also had a 9-7 record and they also made the playoffs. 

The Giants are building up Patriots team resentment early and often.  Interesting choice of tactics.

Patriots 20
    Media 17 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i want so badly to see the pats win...

at the very least, i want them to play well. i don't want to see the o sputter. i want them to put pressure on eli and the secondary to not give easy catches.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

PATS have all the motivation they need and more. Paul K - thanks for the douse of reality. You summed up the tangiables well- and the intangiables will be important factors as well. That list is long starting with 2007 and ending with MHK.

GO PATS!