everyone loves patriot nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

everyone loves patriot nation

it dosent matter what year it is,and you will still see someone writeing dirt about the pats,or there fans.rather it be something that happened in the past,or something new they have to try,and create.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/17/injury-report-shenanigans-raise-eyebrows-due-to-patriot-compliance/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: everyone loves patriot nation

I think it has more to do with there being not a lot to write about this time of year than anything.  I like Profootballtalk.  They do try to stir the pot.  One would have to go back 8 to 10 years to find out why Bill treats the injury report the way he does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Wow. I really can't believe that this is of any significance. When you prepare to play a team, you prepare to play the whole team. Whether Maroney was going to play or not would not change the way anyone prepared for the Patriots. As for Brady always being on the list with a shoulder....who wouldn't prepare for him! Just another Belichick move to irritate the establishment. Apparently it works. Why change it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I agree.  You prepare against Brady and not a cog of a rotating RB situation. 

If one needs to place blame on this type of thing they can lay it at the feet of the NFL front office.  They created this monster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

the injury report has only one purpose, gambling

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

At the very least, Belichick has turned the spirit of the rule (if not the letter of the rule) on its head for his own gain.  Which is exactly why no one my side of the thirteen colonies and plenty within them as well believed Belichick when he said he misinterpretted the rules on videotaping. 

We can lump him in with Clinton and others who think their command of language is so superior that they can simply do as they please then claim (I see it differently later). 

For someone who is so appreciative of the game (as belichick has claimed) his actions certainly don't demonstrate it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]At the very least, Belichick has turned the spirit of the rule (if not the letter of the rule) on its head for his own gain.  Which is exactly why no one my side of the thirteen colonies and plenty within them as well believed Belichick when he said he misinterpretted the rules on videotaping.  We can lump him in with Clinton and others who think their command of language is so superior that they can simply do as they please then claim (I see it differently later).  For someone who is so appreciative of the game (as belichick has claimed) his actions certainly don't demonstrate it.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Spirit of the rule? Please. How about the spirit of the illegal contact rule? You know. The so-called "Ty Law" rule. A rule already in place, but rarely called, as it should be. Need a refresher? That's when the Colts went to the league office crying about how the Patriot cornerbacks beat up their wideouts in the AFC championship game. So please troll boy, don't come here spewing trash about Belichick and the rules.

New England Patriots

He was drafted 23rd overall in the first round of the 1995 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots where he spent the majority of his career. In 1998 Law earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl. That year he led the league with nine interceptions, the first time any New England Patriot had led the league in interceptions.

Law earned his first Super Bowl ring with the Patriots in 2001. In Super Bowl XXXVI, Law intercepted a Kurt Warner pass and returned it 47 yards for a touchdown, the first points of the game for the Patriots, who eventually won the game 20-17.

Law was voted to the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive year and for the fourth time in his career after the 2003 season. In 2003, Law was part of a record-breaking Patriots defense that led the NFL in four key categories: opponents’ points per game (14.9), opponents’ passer rating (56.2), interceptions (29) and passing touchdowns surrendered (11). Law's physical play against some of the game's best receivers prompted the NFL to more strictly enforce the five-yard illegal contact rule on defensive backs after the 2003 season. These enforcement changes, were heavily pushed by Indianapolis Colts GM Bill Polian. In the AFC Championship Game against the Colts, Law intercepted 3 passes from Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, assisting his team to a 24-14 win and their second Super Bowl appearance in 3 years, where they defeated the Carolina Panthers 32-29.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]At the very least, Belichick has turned the spirit of the rule (if not the letter of the rule) on its head for his own gain.  Which is exactly why no one my side of the thirteen colonies and plenty within them as well believed Belichick when he said he misinterpretted the rules on videotaping.  We can lump him in with Clinton and others who think their command of language is so superior that they can simply do as they please then claim (I see it differently later).  For someone who is so appreciative of the game (as belichick has claimed) his actions certainly don't demonstrate it.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]underdog you have been watching to many cartoons.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1358355/a_1967_cartoon_underdog/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You must have missed the articles in the Indy Star when the Colts left people off the injury report such as Manning just last year. After two knee surgeries and missing the entire pre-season, he didn't land on the injury report once. Shocking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Under, so we can lump Polian in with Bush who along with your owner chose what rules they would follow and what what rules they didn't....right?
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Dick "The Vice-President is in the Legislative Branch and Doesn't Need to Follow the Executive Branch Rules" Cheney. That was a masterful stroke to attempt to eliminate an entire set of rules he just didn't want to follow. If I were 10, I would look up to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

profootballtalk takes shots at the Patriots to "stir the pot" like garytx said.  I don't like the negative slant, or outright anti-patriot slander, but I expect it.  They play to controversy and pander to the frothing at the mouth fan base of the other teams.  Too bad we don't have any positive national media on the Patriots, hardly any local news either... but as long as they keep winning, I don't care.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

ok - one at a time fellas.  All in due time. 

Ricky - those rules in a nutshell said hands off after 5 yards.  If you think that is the way Law played and Belichick asked him to play, your blinders are more narrow than a distracted quarterhorse.  Its a simple rule and fact interpretation is unnecessary.  10 yards is not 5 yards.

Harley - I don't see how Polian or Irsay fit in this analogy, but if you in your perspective you want to lump Belichick and Clinton with Bush, so be it.  Maybe while we're at it, we could add Pelosi to the bunch.

Root - Did Manning miss a single down after his surgeries?  No.  So what's your point?  Seems to me that Belichick had no intention of playing Maroney with a broken shoulder but I am sure he simply misinterpretted the injury report rules(wink).   As for Cheney, sure we can add him to belichick''s list.  Heck, seems to me we've found Bill's lost calling.

Fuzz - after reading pft for a while, I think they do it to all.  Just recently they wanted to stir the pot about the colts coaching departure by suggesting that the pension issue was really more smokescreen than substance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Did Manning miss a single down after his surgeries?  No.  So what's your point?   

<sigh> I asked you earlier if you knew what the injury report was for. I guess now I have my answer. You have my apologies. I thought you were someone who could and actually liked to educate himself. I guess I have an answer on that as well.

I guess, St. Dungy of Hypocrisea misinterpreted the rules of the injury report just as you are not understanding the intent now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]I think it has more to do with there being not a lot to write about this time of year than anything.  I like Profootballtalk.  They do try to stir the pot.  One would have to go back 8 to 10 years to find out why Bill treats the injury report the way he does.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

I think you hit the nail on the head gartyx. Media sources will print/discuss anything they think can get reader/viewership right now. Since the whole spygate fiasco anything the Pats do that is even slightly questionable, regardless of whether all the 31 other teams do it as well, becomes headline material.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

So what's your point?  Seems to me that Belichick had no intention of playing Maroney with a broken shoulder but I am sure he simply misinterpretted the injury report rules(wink). 

You should stop trying to troll and actually read the article! Maroney was not listed on the report for week five. He started that game! He was on the list the following two weeks. If he had no intention of playing him, why did the guy play the entire game? So if Maroney didn't miss a practice, and played the whole game, but should have been listed on the report, why shouldn't the same apply to Peyton for his knee injury? I'm sure you simply "misinterpreted" the part of the article where it stated Maroney actually played in week five ("wink")!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Ricky - those rules in a nutshell said hands off after 5 yards.  If you think that is the way Law played and Belichick asked him to play, your blinders are more narrow than a distracted quarterhorse.  Its a simple rule and fact interpretation is unnecessary.  10 yards is not 5 yards.

Underdogg, you never cease to amaze me with your replys. The article clearly states the ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULE was HEAVILY PUSHED by Polian after that AFC championship game. Seems to me, your blinders are a little tight. Fact is, it was a rule seldom called, but now it's called multiple times in every game. Everyone can thank crybaby Polian for the ENFORCEMENT of that rule. NOW...THAT'S A FACT. I'm not talking about fact interpretation. When did I ever mention that. I'm talking about the ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULE. What say you about that meeting in the league office with the Colts and the commish after that AFC championship game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Enoch - I love the smug and vague superiority of your response.  Very east coast of you.  You do condescension well. 

bub - my mistake.  Unfortunately, my mistake does not make belichick look any better.  Did he force Maroney to practice and play with a broken shoulder??  Wasn't it Ted Washington that lobbed this allegation at Belichick, before?  Now this?  Either way it doesnt make Belichick look good. 

ricky - Funny that your surprised by my comment.  Just because a rule is seldom called doesn't make it right to not call it.  Otherwise, what is the reason for the rule.  In fact, if it is seldom called, then one could suggest that the refs are selectively making the call based upon their own bias towards certain teams.  On the other hand, if an attempt is made to apply the rule the same way all the time, then the selective arguement cannot be made.  Which brings to mind another point, if the colts draft someone like Marvin Harrison (small but very quick off the line) based on the rules as written, but then those rules are not enforced, isn't his effectiveness taken away?  And if so, shouldn't he and the colts have a reason to gripe?  So many here griped that the hit on brady should have been penalized.  There was no way to interpret that play as an enforcable penalty, but now one exists.  So please, please, please do not tell me the colts get rules changed.  They only make sure that they are enforced as written - letter and spirit.  The pats on the other hand have now managed to actually have a rule added due to missing the playoffs because of their injured QB. 

I am not saying that Polian didn't push for the rules enforcement.  But does it really matter?  If the rules are not being enforced, then why have them?  Every city in America wants crime more diligently enforced.  Rules are rules.  Why should NFL rules be any different, because it doesn't suit the pats? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

ricky - Funny that your surprised by my comment.  Just because a rule is seldom called doesn't make it right to not call it.  Otherwise, what is the reason for the rule.  In fact, if it is seldom called, then one could suggest that the refs are selectively making the call based upon their own bias towards certain teams.  On the other hand, if an attempt is made to apply the rule the same way all the time, then the selective arguement cannot be made.  Which brings to mind another point, if the colts draft someone like Marvin Harrison (small but very quick off the line) based on the rules as written, but then those rules are not enforced, isn't his effectiveness taken away?  And if so, shouldn't he and the colts have a reason to gripe?  So many here griped that the hit on brady should have been penalized.  There was no way to interpret that play as an enforcable penalty, but now one exists.  So please, please, please do not tell me the colts get rules changed.  They only make sure that they are enforced as written - letter and spirit.  The pats on the other hand have now managed to actually have a rule added due to missing the playoffs because of their injured QB. 

Man, you are unbelievable. You somehow managed to get Harrison and Brady involved in this discussion. Are you a politician? This whole discussion boils down to your griping about Belichick and your spirit of the rules. The illegal contact rule was designed so receivers could make they way down field unimpeded. Not so a flag is thrown because a cb has bumped into a wr, which is the case now. We have Polian to thank for that, and let me remind you this new enforcement hurts everyone including the Colts. Every coach will do whatever they can to get an advantage.  My whole point being, don't be so quick to hurl stones at BB about the spirit of the rules, cause Polian and the Colts have dirty hands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Enoch - I love the smug and vague superiority of your response.  Very east coast of you.  You do condescension well.  

You consider that "vague"? I suppose if vague means a hammer to the forehead. 

It doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no idea what the injury report is for and are just as much a homer when it comes to the Colts that you accuse others of being toward the Patriots. It also doesn't change the fact that you are now willing to pretty much say anything, stretch any truth or misinterpret any rule, in a sad attempt to maintain some sense of rightness in your now upside-down world. It is too bad about the sorry state of the Colts right now, but that doesn't mean you have to take your woes out here. 

<sigh> I asked you earlier if you knew what the injury report was for. I guess now I have my answer. You have my apologies. I thought you were someone who could and actually liked to educate himself. I guess I have an answer on that as well.

I guess, St. Dungy of Hypocrisea misinterpreted the rules of the injury report just as you are not understanding the intent now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Well jeez root, obviously I am a homer for my colts.  I thought that over the years I had made that abundantly clear.  That I think Belichick is a schmck is no new news.  He's a helluva coach, but he is a schmck who blatantly disregards the rules.  I don't care about the purpose of the injury report and I don't care if he is making a point or not.  I like to grind my axe on belichick.  Its no different than you when you identify dungy as st. dungy of hypocrisea. 

I lived my entire life in awe of Bob Knight until I woke up and realized what a schmck he is.  Belichick is not dissimilar. 

Certainly these guys have highly admirable professional and even some personal attributes, but that doesn't make it ok to be ahole about everything else.  I can only hope that the same slow downfall of belichick occurs like it did to knight. 

Over the years pats fans will continue to defend him and his ways while his teams su ck just enough to not make the playoffs.  But you will always remind yourselves of the glory days only to realize they were quite some time ago and the game has passed the coach by and all you are left with is a shty team and a shty coach with surly god complex. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Well jeez root, obviously I am a homer for my colts.  I thought that over the years I had made that abundantly clear.  That I think Belichick is a schmck is no new news.  He's a helluva coach, but he is a schmck who blatantly disregards the rules.  I don't care about the purpose of the injury report and I don't care if he is making a point or not.  I like to grind my axe on belichick.  Its no different than you when you identify dungy as st. dungy of hypocrisea.  I lived my entire life in awe of Bob Knight until I woke up and realized what a schmck he is.  Belichick is not dissimilar.  Certainly these guys have highly admirable professional and even some personal attributes, but that doesn't make it ok to be ahole about everything else.  I can only hope that the same slow downfall of belichick occurs like it did to knight.  Over the years pats fans will continue to defend him and his ways while his teams su ck just enough to not make the playoffs.  But you will always remind yourselves of the glory days only to realize they were quite some time ago and the game has passed the coach by and all you are left with is a shty team and a shty coach with surly god complex. 

That so called shty team you refer to went 11-5 without the best player in the league. The game has passed us by? Man, you are funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If Belichick had forever remained second banana to Bill Parcells, or had dried up and blown away after failing in Cleveland, or if Tom Brady hadn't turned out to be TOM BRADY nobody would care that he affects the personality of a churlish turnip for public consumption. Likewise if Tony Dungy had not lucked into Peyton Manning, he would likely have been dismissed in much the same way we dimsiss your average, run-of-the-mill, crackpot, "I am God's messenger on Earth" drone. Sociopaths (and I would have to agree that Bob Knight is probably the worst) gravitate to coaching because it gives them the opportunity to play Napoleon without actually having to kill anybody (although Knight gets bonus points for trying anyway). That the best and worst of them are made to seem better and worse than they really are is merely a function of the media component of their careers.

Think about it.

How do you suppose it would affect your personality if, every day after work, some doucheb*g with a microphone asked you an endless (and repetitive) array of meaningless questions about what you do, and then regurgitated everything you said in a public forum where every moron with internet access could then dissect it and comment upon it?

Think about why the NFL coaching fraternity is so small; and why we keep seeing the same ineffective coaches bouncing from team to team; and why guys who get fired in one city go to another city and put the same exact system in place. The degree of hubris required to be a successful NFL coach is superhuman (which is Belichick's greatest advantage). On what other planet would a guy who gets fired for being ineffective have a ready-made job waiting for him doing "expert analysis?" Coaches live in the Bizarro World, and as such, the fact that normal walking around people like you and me don't understand their inner workings makes perfect sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Well jeez root, obviously I am a homer for my colts.  I thought that over the years I had made that abundantly clear.  That I think Belichick is a schmck is no new news.  He's a helluva coach, but he is a schmck who blatantly disregards the rules.  I don't care about the purpose of the injury report and I don't care if he is making a point or not.  I like to grind my axe on belichick.  Its no different than you when you identify dungy as st. dungy of hypocrisea.  I lived my entire life in awe of Bob Knight until I woke up and realized what a schmck he is.  Belichick is not dissimilar.  Certainly these guys have highly admirable professional and even some personal attributes, but that doesn't make it ok to be ahole about everything else.  I can only hope that the same slow downfall of belichick occurs like it did to knight.  Over the years pats fans will continue to defend him and his ways while his teams su ck just enough to not make the playoffs.  But you will always remind yourselves of the glory days only to realize they were quite some time ago and the game has passed the coach by and all you are left with is a shty team and a shty coach with surly god complex. 
    Better a schmck than a sanctimonious hypocrite and we both know who that means. At least we won't have to hear his holier than thou judgements about others while he wraps himself in the bible. I also wish the same decline for the Colts that you wish for the Pats until that inevitable day when the Mayflower trucks come to take the team away to greeener pastures. Things must be really tough for you and the Colts for you to be in continuous troll mode.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

There is one big difference in all of this.  Polian was able to whine and the NFL responded on the touch rule.  Bill bitched about the injury report and was ignored.  So, there you have it.  If you're not going to inforce it abuse it.  Just like the taping.  It went on for years.  What better way to show you mean business than pentalize the best team in football?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike - so what you are saying is that they were aholes before they got the job and their success and the media made them even bigger aholes.

So be it.  I've learned to rather have a coach who didn't use his success to gain acceptiblilty for being an ahole and to justify his reason for being one.  I accept that on this board this makes me one against everyone else.   

Sox - yes commenting on Belichick makes Dungy both sanctimonious and a hypocrite.  Please again remind me why?

And I accept that you relish the day to see those mayflower trucks again in Indy.  Unfortunately for me, its more likely to occur here than there.  The reality of a small market team. 

Sections
Shortcuts