everyone loves patriot nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: everyone loves patriot nation

No, dogg. I didn't say anything like that. Your persistent ability to see what you want to respond to instead of what is actually there is a continuing source of amazement to me. I don't think any of them try to justify anything . . .  to anybody. I've seen Belichick in situations where he is clearly having a good time and it turns out he does, in fact, have a personality. But at work he's a general, and whether or not people like him is way down his list or priorities. I don't know what Dungy is like when he's not prozletyzing cause apparently he doesn't mask his personality the way Belichick does. It's a matter of taste, but personally I get along better with people who are gruff and succinct than those who preach their superiority at me with a smile on their face. The point is that no matter who you are or what you believe, the ability to coach a team of athletes to win games doesn't make the way you live your life any better or worse. While I might not go out of my way to befriend a guy as churlish as Belichick, I can guarantee you I would slam the door in Tony Dungy's face.

I'll probably burn for that, I know.

But at least I won't have to listen to Tony while I do.

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Mike - so what you are saying is that they were aholes before they got the job and their success and the media made them even bigger aholes. So be it.  I've learned to rather have a coach who didn't use his success to gain acceptiblilty for being an ahole and to justify his reason for being one.  I accept that on this board this makes me one against everyone else.    Sox - yes commenting on Belichick makes Dungy both sanctimonious and a hypocrite.  Please again remind me why? And I accept that you relish the day to see those mayflower trucks again in Indy.  Unfortunately for me, its more likely to occur here than there.  The reality of a small market team. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]I am sure your former  bible thumping coach must have been familiar with the biblical statement "Judge not lest ye be Judged", yet  it didn't stop him from  volunteering judgement on other people and teams. Failing to practice what you preach is pure hypocricy. It will be the ultimate irony  when the Mayflower trucks come  remembering how the Irsays and your city stole the team from Baltimore.  You had better keep the electric bills paid in Lucas otherwise the trucks will becoming sooner rather than later.Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Well jeez root, obviously I am a homer for my colts.  I thought that over the years I had made that abundantly clear.  That I think Belichick is a schmck is no new news.  He's a helluva coach, but he is a schmck who blatantly disregards the rules.  I don't care about the purpose of the injury report and I don't care if he is making a point or not.  I like to grind my axe on belichick.  Its no different than you when you identify dungy as st. dungy of hypocrisea.  I lived my entire life in awe of Bob Knight until I woke up and realized what a schmck he is.  Belichick is not dissimilar.  Certainly these guys have highly admirable professional and even some personal attributes, but that doesn't make it ok to be ahole about everything else.  I can only hope that the same slow downfall of belichick occurs like it did to knight.  Over the years pats fans will continue to defend him and his ways while his teams su ck just enough to not make the playoffs.  But you will always remind yourselves of the glory days only to realize they were quite some time ago and the game has passed the coach by and all you are left with is a shty team and a shty coach with surly god complex. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

That isn't what I said. I didn't simply say you were a homer. That was pretty clear and not really a bad thing unless one takes it too far. Which you have. 

I said that you have become such a homer that you are willing to outright lie to make your team appear in a better light. My response to that is this: Lie to yourself all you want, just don't expect people (especially the ones here) to buy it, too. 

Sad though. You did at one point have a sense of objectivity about things. The only thing I can see from my limited perspective into you through your postings is that the fortunes of the Colts have fallen so far, so hard and so fast that it really bugs you that the team you consider to be your team's rival is flourishing. Too bad. Good luck on that 10-6 prediction. And, to answer one of your previously posted questions, no, it will not be enough to make the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]. I'll probably burn for that, I know. But at least I won't have to listen to Tony while I do.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Just for saying that, my only comment is to paraphrase cummings:

if there are any heavens you will(all by yourself)have

one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]No, dogg. I didn't say anything like that. Your persistent ability to see what you want to respond to instead of what is actually there is a continuing source of amazement to me.

RESPONSE: Mike, why does this amaze you? Hasn't he shown his true colors here by now?

I don't think any of them try to justify anything . . .  to anybody. I've seen Belichick in situations where he is clearly having a good time and it turns out he does, in fact, have a personality. But at work he's a general, and whether or not people like him is way down his list or priorities.

RESPONSE: Whats' wrong with that?

I don't know what Dungy is like when he's not prozletyzing cause apparently he doesn't mask his personality the way Belichick does. It's a matter of taste, but personally I get along better with people who are gruff and succinct than those who preach their superiority at me with a smile on their face. The point is that no matter who you are or what you believe, the ability to coach a team of athletes to win games doesn't make the way you live your life any better or worse.

RESPONSE: Dungy's greatest strength seemed to be motivating his players to play hard for him. While I don't consider him anywhere near the equal of BB as a strategist or teacher of the game, I do give Dungy credit for working hard, knowing his system well, and seemingly being a decent man (although one must wonder what went wrong between him and his son...may his son rest in peace).

While I might not go out of my way to befriend a guy as churlish as Belichick, I can guarantee you I would slam the door in Tony Dungy's face.

RESPONSE: I'm somewhat suspicious of do-gooders, too...LOL!!

I'll probably burn for that, I know. But at least I won't have to listen to Tony while I do.

Mike:

If you listen to Dogg and his fellow Indy trolls, you have to come to the conclusion that Tony Dungy was the most overrated, overhyped coach of all-time. Why? Because Indy fans (and SI's Peter King, too) keep saying that the Colts won't miss a beat without him.

Would Patriot fans be saying that the Pats won't miss a beat, if BB decided to retire?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I thought we were talking about Belichick.  Who is tony dungy??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]On what other planet would a guy who gets fired for being ineffective have a ready-made job waiting for him doing "expert analysis?"

This is a general feature of corporate life dude. Wallstreet invented the term "fail your way the top," and failed execs frequently end up as analysts for news outlets of all kinds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

All - I've got to admit that over the years I just don't understand the Dungy hatred except possibly for his 2007 comments about Belichick, which (imo) and taken in context really weren't as bad as you like to believe they are.  I have yet to this day, being in this city, heard Dungy discuss his religion for public consumption except when being interviewed about his book or being interviewed about the death of his son and how his family intended to get through that tradgedy.  In the football realm, it is nearly non-existent.   

Now maybe you have read the media reports of Dungy's faith (I have) within a football article, but these are reporters words about Dungy and not necessarily his own.  For so many of you who hate vehemently the media for what it has done to the image of Belichick and his Patriots during such a successful run.  It is ironic, that you, who love to remind everyone how smart and independent thinking you are, have so easily consumed the media's take on Dungy's faith (not his own words) and used it to fuel your disdain for him.  

Further it is hypocritical that possibly some of you have chosen to read biographical information (or his book) about dungy when on this board you profess to only care about football.  You can separate the two. 

Where Belichick is concerned - and this is football related - systematically cheating to gain an advantage, being the present day godfather of doctoring injury reports, manipulating the playing surfaces to gain an advantage, playing players when they are known to be injured beyond playing capacity, not shaking hands in a loss, running off the field in a loss with time on the clock.  These are the reasons to hate Belichick.  I could care less that he is an adulterous philanderer. 

But hey, you continue to hate Dungy for his personal life.  Lets just not call your reasons for it anything other than fandom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]All - I've got to admit that over the years I just don't understand the Dungy hatred except possibly for his 2007 comments about Belichick, which (imo) and taken in context really weren't as bad as you like to believe they are.  I have yet to this day, being in this city, heard Dungy discuss his religion for public consumption except when being interviewed about his book or being interviewed about the death of his son and how his family intended to get through that tradgedy.  In the football realm, it is nearly non-existent.    Now maybe you have read the media reports of Dungy's faith (I have) within a football article, but these are reporters words about Dungy and not necessarily his own.  For so many of you who hate vehemently the media for what it has done to the image of Belichick and his Patriots during such a successful run.  It is ironic, that you, who love to remind everyone how smart and independent thinking you are, have so easily consumed the media's take on Dungy's faith (not his own words) and used it to fuel your disdain for him.   Further it is hypocritical that possibly some of you have chosen to read biographical information (or his book) about dungy when on this board you profess to only care about football.  You can separate the two.  Where Belichick is concerned - and this is football related - systematically cheating to gain an advantage, being the present day godfather of doctoring injury reports, manipulating the playing surfaces to gain an advantage, playing players when they are known to be injured beyond playing capacity, not shaking hands in a loss, running off the field in a loss with time on the clock.  These are the reasons to hate Belichick.  I could care less that he is an adulterous philanderer.  But hey, you continue to hate Dungy for his personal life.  Lets just not call your reasons for it anything other than fandom.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Dogg
    Talk about having your blinders on. I guess you never researched Polian's behavior or  are willing to condone bad behavior on the part of your team's management. Polian's legendary bad behavior in addition to his using his influence in the Competition Committee to intimidate the ref's to call the penalties his way makes Belichick's action's pale in insignificance. Nor does stealing other teams signals like Howard Mudd did for years, pumping up the noise or fixing games count as as cheating under your definition.
    Its a shame that you have become a troll instead of a fan and no longer capable of talking football in a rational manner. You were the one that interjected the ad hominem attacks on Belichick and that is what caused ther reiprocation on our part.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sox - What does Polian have to do with Dungy?????  Lets stay on subject. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Sox - What does Polian have to do with Dungy?????  Lets stay on subject. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Since Belichick does both GM and Coaching functions for the Pats and part of your invective was directed His GM functions such as field preparation it is perfectly on point to examine the actions of your GM Polian. Unfortunately for your team, you no longer have your sanctimonious coach to provide cover for Polian's actions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

It never ceases to amaze me how Patsie fans will support their regimes blatant disregard for NFL rules.  Seriously, if Eric Mangina, disregarded the NFL's videotaping location rules or falsified injury reports would you all jump to defend him as just "misinterpreting" the rules and no harm done or advantage gained.  You all would be calling for his head on a platter and NFL sanctions.  But ya know, I have no problem with Belicheat being Belicheat.  He is just trying to gain an advantage however he can.  The injury report for the Super Bowl against the Giants had Brady down for his shoulder when we all know it was not his shoulder that was in a protective boot the week before, it was his leg.  Belicheat must have laughed his @ss off writing that one down.  On the brink of being the only team to go undefeated in a 16 game season and he cheats.  Karma got his @ss and the rest of the league got the last laugh.  Keep on cheating BB!  Karma awaits!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Mercurymoron,

Hate to wake you up from your nap, but Brady had been on the injury report with that mysterious shoulder injury for two years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

[QUOTE]Mercurymoron, Hate to wake you up from your nap, but Brady had been on the injury report with that mysterious shoulder injury for two years.

Pu$$yMike, Besides proving mine, your point is? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

He had a shoulder injury . . .

and you're a walking moron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]It never ceases to amaze me how Patsie fans will support their regimes blatant disregard for NFL rules.  Seriously, if Eric Mangina, disregarded the NFL's videotaping location rules or falsified injury reports would you all jump to defend him as just "misinterpreting" the rules and no harm done or advantage gained.  You all would be calling for his head on a platter and NFL sanctions.  But ya know, I have no problem with Belicheat being Belicheat.  He is just trying to gain an advantage however he can.  The injury report for the Super Bowl against the Giants had Brady down for his shoulder when we all know it was not his shoulder that was in a protective boot the week before, it was his leg.  Belicheat must have laughed his @ss off writing that one down.  On the brink of being the only team to go undefeated in a 16 game season and he cheats.  Karma got his @ss and the rest of the league got the last laugh.  Keep on cheating BB!  Karma awaits!
    Posted by Mercury22-The-Undefeated[/QUOTE] its to bad those dolphins will never do anything again.yes you had that one great year,but thats the only year they will ever cherish.you only had success this past season,because you didnt have to contend with brady at the helm,and you still lost in the 1st rd of the play-offs.its a shame you only have mercury and the one year of glory that was 37 yrs ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]At the very least, Belichick has turned the spirit of the rule (if not the letter of the rule) on its head for his own gain.  Which is exactly why no one my side of the thirteen colonies and plenty within them as well believed Belichick when he said he misinterpretted the rules on videotaping.  We can lump him in with Clinton and others who think their command of language is so superior that they can simply do as they please then claim (I see it differently later).  For someone who is so appreciative of the game (as belichick has claimed) his actions certainly don't demonstrate it.

Don't you just hate being tweeked by BB, underdogg?  In all probability, he knew exactly what he was doing and never really did anything wrong!  He knew the reactions of the pundits and fan base of teams outside of Pats nation would react like they did.  In the end, when the Pats are in the hunt year after year, something not too many teams can claim, BB did his job, prepare a tema to WIN!!  (fortunately for you, you have a team that can claim that as well.)  Opinions are just that, opinions, and aren't proof of anything! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it all comes down to teams,and there fans envy the pats.we have success year after year,and everyone else is tired of hearing about the success,and we the fans gloating.when brady went down this past season.I know darn well all the other teams,and there fans were gloating,and salivateing at the mouth.knowing the pats would not be in the news,or have any success.but BB and his master mind coaching skills,put a game plan together,and a nobody like matt cassel helped the pats to a winning season at 11-5.boy that really hurt the other teams,and there fans ego.hearing matt cassel this,and that.and now this year brady is at full force,and the pats are picked as the team to beat.boy it hurts haveing salt rubbed in the wound.no matter what critisisim is thrown at the pats,or BB.they just feed off it,and like the energize bunny.they keep going,and going.Eat Your Heart Out Guys.for its gonna be a long season for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The injury report is for the benefit of Vegas.  Dogg and other trolls, do you suppose that at various times the coaches on your holy teams have omitted injuries from their team's reports?  Put another way, does anyone honestly believe that in any week in the NFL we've ever gotten a complete list of all players from all teams who are "questionable" or "probable" with injuries?  (Except the Pats of course, Belichick is a liar who does the devil's work and will alway lie on the injury report , Dungy does God's work and speaks only the truth).  When you broadcast to the entire world that a player has an injured shoulder, knee etc., you may be making him (and more specifically that injured body part) a target in a violent game.  I guarantee Dungy and every other coach in the league has made judgment calls along this line at various times in deciding whether to disclose certain injuries.  If you want to get morally indignant about Bellichick, pick something else.  This is stupid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Norger - I understand.  I also understand that the league is basically hamstrung by its own rule.  BB has known this and has taken advantage of it.  If other teams do not respond in kind then they risk being taken advantage of by Belichick. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]At the very least, Belichick has turned the spirit of the rule (if not the letter of the rule) on its head for his own gain.  Which is exactly why no one my side of the thirteen colonies and plenty within them as well believed Belichick when he said he misinterpretted the rules on videotaping.  We can lump him in with Clinton and others who think their command of language is so superior that they can simply do as they please then claim (I see it differently later).  For someone who is so appreciative of the game (as belichick has claimed) his actions certainly don't demonstrate it.

Thank you. I can always depend on your idiotic whining for a laugh.

If you want a lesson in language and politicians I suggest you read Cheney's speaches when he constantly mentioned 9/11, mushroom clouds and sadam in the same sentence over and over again. No one died from Clinton getting head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

-- "No one died from Clinton getting head." --

At the risk of turning this into a prolonged political debat doomed to go nowhere, I might suggest that if Mr. Clinton had taken the Sudanese up on their offer to serve Osama bin Laden up on a plate much future misery might have been avoided.

But I can see how chasing fat interns around his office might have seemed more important in the greater scheme of things.

Surprised

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

bada bing mike.