Everyone still think there is no Need for a Larry Fitzgerald!??!??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Everyone still think there is no Need for a Larry Fitzgerald!??!??

13 points sais so! and lets see how many guys are so against trading our All-Pro "No Show" Mayo! Let Ray Rice run right THROUGH him at the goal line. Besides 2 big hits that receivers still held on, he didnt do much. Couldnt contain outside run. COuldnt stop run one on one with Rice! 

Branch and Lloyd!!  Compare them to Smith and Boldin,. or Crabtree and Moss...not even close.  We have 3 guys who go over the middle and noone who can go deeep and we still have noone in the secondary who scares anyone over the middle. have to adress these things or same results will occur. Pollard has now taken out our starting QB, WR, TE and RB!  Had Ridley doing a split in the air like he was a dam Ballerina!  SMH!  Back the drawing board and oh yea lets pay Wes for another 4 to 5 years! He looks like he is 22 out there!  NOT!  Please let this fraud go and get a REAL WR who produces in the Clutch and doesnt bust a vein in his head tryna run at 4.6 speed!  lol and smh at the same time!  Another wasted year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Re: Everyone still think there is no Need for a Larry Fitzgerald!??!??

I would have loved Larry, just would have been difficult. I bet even he is rethinking the long term deal he signed with the cardinals. I have not looked yet, any big name receivers available this year?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I do. The cost of getting Fitz plus the cost of signing him long term would set back the team for a while. Doesn't mean we shouldn't target a larger possession WR to fight for balls but I don't think we need something as drastic as trading the farm and spending high to get one. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

You still have the elephant in the room. Will who ever they look at "get" the systems AND will Brady "trust" him.

Frankly I am tired of writing about it or reading about it and would be just as happy if they either change the system or tell Brady to throw the darn ball to who ever they give him and stop whining for certain guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I do. The cost of getting Fitz plus the cost of signing him long term would set back the team for a while. Doesn't mean we shouldn't target a larger possession WR to fight for balls but I don't think we need something as drastic as trading the farm and spending high to get one. 

Im sorry, I should have clarified. It doesnt have to be Larry. That was just an example. We just need a real talent that demands respect and doesnt dissapear in games,. Too much was on Wes this year and he is aging. Next year we need to move on, let 81 and 87 work the middle and get a real # 1 that will allow Lloyd to flourish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Im sorry, I should have clarified. It doesnt have to be Larry. That was just an example. We just need a real talent that demands respect and doesnt dissapear in games,. Too much was on Wes this year and he is aging. Next year we need to move on, let 81 and 87 work the middle and get a real # 1 that will allow Lloyd to flourish.

If the title said does anyone else believe we don't need a large WR to fight for balls, I think we would all agree we do but you specifically called out Fitz which it seems most would agree is going a bit overboard as every team in the league could use a Fitz (well except Ari)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Do we need to replace Welker with an outside speed guy? It seems to me we should be talking about losing Branch, who was more or less a non-factor all year. If Branch were replaced with anybody with speed and the ability to get open, it opens up the field for guys like Welker and Hern that much more.  Larry Fitz is a pipe dream, I'd settle for an Antonio Brown/Sidney Rice type. Not sure who fits that mold that might be available?  

I know Dwayne Bowe is a FA, that would work well also, but he's more a possession/intermediate guy like Boldin than a deep threat like Torrey Smith.  Jennings would be good but is not that durable, Wallace will be too pricey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

We should get Aldon Smith and JJ Watt too. Maybe add in Revis.

Why don't you get it. This defense needs to improve before the offense. The offense just flat out failed to execute.  If they play the way theyre capable of playing, then offense wont be an issue.

Defense on the other hand, their ceiling is MUCH lower than the offense. They have no pass rush, and if they lose Talib, then they'll have a terrible secondary too. In 3 of the Pats 4 regular season losses, it either gave up game winning TDs, or 31 first half points. If people think Brady has too much pressure on him in the playoffs, then fix the defense to relieve that pressure.

Also, how would you propose getting Fitz or a WR like him? Unless theyre maniacs like B Marshall, theyre going to cost you some high picks. AND, Fitz and Calvin are setting the market for those type  of WRs.

There's a reason why there is a salary cap, it's to prevent teams from acting like the New York Yankees. They're not going to be able to get one of those huge and fast #1 WRs for cheap. And if they do get one, then they would have a huge percentage of their cap locked up in just Hern, Gronk, Brady and whoever that WR is. When the game is still won at the line of scrimmage, this seems like a huge waste of money and a Detroit Lions way of spending.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Why don't you get it. This defense needs to improve before the offense. The offense just flat out failed to execute.  If they play the way theyre capable of playing, then offense wont be an issue.

Defense on the other hand, their ceiling is MUCH lower than the offense. They have no pass rush, and if they lose Talib, then they'll have a terrible secondary too. In 3 of the Pats 4 regular season losses, it either gave up game winning TDs, or 31 first half points. If people think Brady has too much pressure on him in the playoffs, then fix the defense to relieve that pressure.

Also, how would you propose getting Fitz or a WR like him? Unless theyre maniacs like B Marshall, theyre going to cost you some high picks. AND, Fitz and Calvin are setting the market for those type  of WRs.

There's a reason why there is a salary cap, it's to prevent teams from acting like the New York Yankees. They're not going to be able to get one of those huge and fast #1 WRs for cheap. And if they do get one, then they would have a huge percentage of their cap locked up in just Hern, Gronk, Brady and whoever that WR is. When the game is still won at the line of scrimmage, this seems like a huge waste of money and a Detroit Lions way of spending.

Its not that I dont get it but you have to consider everything. There is only so  much improving this D is gonna do. How many players are gonna be new on defense next year and making an impact?? How many big play college safeties are coming out and will be available next draft?? Whats the likelyhood of our Brady led offense ever averaging 30 runs per game?  All these questions are basically asking is, How much better can the D get and how much is the offense under acheiving. The Defense blew the game only AFTER the offense wet the bed with dropped passes and bad coaching  and playing conservative. So my point is., our Defense is never gonna be good enough to overcome 13 pts from our defense let alone sometime in the next few years so isnt it easier and more realistic to make a move that may propell your offense to do whats its supposed to which is score so that maybe the defense giving up 20-30 pts can be overcome by our offense. This defense will never be top 5 as long as Mayo is the captain and leader and there is no intimidator in the secondary! You dont think having 2 CB's playing Safety makes it more inviting for WRS to go over the middle!??  They dont cost much, but Landry didnt fit here right??? I told you all BB sold himself short by only getting gregory n wilson. Should have got Landry and we would have made WRs think twice. THIS OFFENSE needs to get over the hump! Lets look at the WR of everyone else.

Ravens had Boldin, SMith, Jones.

Falcons had J.Jones, R.White, and H.Douglas.

9ers have Moss, Crabtree, Davis,

We had LLoyd, Branch and Wes. Wes looked like he was hurting after every catch and takes too many hits during the year to be effective come playoff time. As long as teams can easily flood the middle and stop our offense, nothing will change. A couple draft pics on guys  like Ebner aint gonna change a defense.  Stay in the middle, you can stop our run and pass and play one on one outside all DAy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It's not so much that a WR who can lengthen the field vs. what needs are there that can win a championship. In order of need:

1) Defensive Backs

2) DE to match Jones

3) OL who can protect Brady AND block for RBs, depth for DL - someone to help Wilfork

4) WR

5) Special Teams, hopefully, Demps will help us w/ return game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Lloyd and Fitzgerald would look nice to me!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If the title said does anyone else believe we don't need a large WR to fight for balls, I think we would all agree we do but you specifically called out Fitz which it seems most would agree is going a bit overboard as every team in the league could use a Fitz (well except Ari)

I thought the title saying " A larry fitzfgerald" was good enough to assume I meant someone like him and not HIM. Hence the "A" I put in front. Sorry if that was not enough. Truth is I still believe he can be had but need to cut some fat from the roster.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

You still have the elephant in the room. Will who ever they look at "get" the systems AND will Brady "trust" him.

Frankly I am tired of writing about it or reading about it and would be just as happy if they either change the system or tell Brady to throw the darn ball to who ever they give him and stop whining for certain guys.

This plus PatsEng's comment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Its not that I dont get it but you have to consider everything. There is only so  much improving this D is gonna do. How many players are gonna be new on defense next year and making an impact?? How many big play college safeties are coming out and will be available next draft?? Whats the likelyhood of our Brady led offense ever averaging 30 runs per game?  All these questions are basically asking is, How much better can the D get and how much is the offense under acheiving. The Defense blew the game only AFTER the offense wet the bed with dropped passes and bad coaching  and playing conservative. So my point is., our Defense is never gonna be good enough to overcome 13 pts from our defense let alone sometime in the next few years so isnt it easier and more realistic to make a move that may propell your offense to do whats its supposed to which is score so that maybe the defense giving up 20-30 pts can be overcome by our offense. This defense will never be top 5 as long as Mayo is the captain and leader and there is no intimidator in the secondary! You dont think having 2 CB's playing Safety makes it more inviting for WRS to go over the middle!??  They dont cost much, but Landry didnt fit here right??? I told you all BB sold himself short by only getting gregory n wilson. Should have got Landry and we would have made WRs think twice. THIS OFFENSE needs to get over the hump! Lets look at the WR of everyone else.

We had LLoyd, Branch and Wes. Wes looked like he was hurting after every catch and takes too many hits during the year to be effective come playoff time. As long as teams can easily flood the middle and stop our offense, nothing will change. A couple draft pics on guys  like Ebner aint gonna change a defense.  Stay in the middle, you can stop our run and pass and play one on one outside all DAy!

There is a lot of improving this D can do. They need a nickel cb, and then probably another cb that can play outside if/when Talib (hopefully they retain him) or Dennard get hurt. They need a pass rusher or two. They also need a 3rd down linebacker who can defend the pass. They need more interior line depth at DT. Seriously, if Wilfork goes down, this whole D will completely fall apart. And, as you mentioned, a safety.

They may not be able to fill all these needs this season, but they can get close. If you invest too much on another WR, then they're not going to come close to fixing up this D.

And with the receivers you listed:

Jacoby Jones has a total of 91 yards this post season, 70 coming from that 1 catch. He's really not much of a receiving factor unless you rainbow it to a safety who doesn't know how to play safety. And if you're going to include Davis for the 49ers, then you have to include Hern and GRonk for the Pats.

Also, outside of Crabtree and Moss, I believe the other WRs on the 49ers active roster have a total of 2 catches on the season.

As for the Falcons, you still realize they were shutout for the second half?

The offense could use better WRs, but it's not the most important thing. This offense is still good enough to win. They're execution has just been horrible during the post season.

More times than not, Lloyd beat Williams, Welker beat Graham, and Hern beat whoever was covering him. A healthy Gronk rarely loses his matchups unless hes double teamed.

Execution is the biggest flaw with the offense.

Talent is the biggest flaw with the defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was going to start a thread with the "we need a big fast receiver" title. I t was apparent that this offense needs a lagit deep threat, couple that with out tightends and you have a pretty good threat. Now after saying all that the Pats were still the highest scoring offense this season. It really does boggle the mind not scoring anythin in the second half!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

There is a lot of improving this D can do. They need a nickel cb, and then probably another cb that can play outside if/when Talib (hopefully they retain him) or Dennard get hurt. They need a pass rusher or two. They also need a 3rd down linebacker who can defend the pass. They need more interior line depth at DT. Seriously, if Wilfork goes down, this whole D will completely fall apart. And, as you mentioned, a safety.

They may not be able to fill all these needs this season, but they can get close. If you invest too much on another WR, then they're not going to come close to fixing up this D.

And with the receivers you listed:

Jacoby Jones has a total of 91 yards this post season, 70 coming from that 1 catch. He's really not much of a receiving factor unless you rainbow it to a safety who doesn't know how to play safety. And if you're going to include Davis for the 49ers, then you have to include Hern and GRonk for the Pats.

Also, outside of Crabtree and Moss, I believe the other WRs on the 49ers active roster have a total of 2 catches on the season.

As for the Falcons, you still realize they were shutout for the second half?

The offense could use better WRs, but it's not the most important thing. This offense is still good enough to win. They're execution has just been horrible during the post season.

More times than not, Lloyd beat Williams, Welker beat Graham, and Hern beat whoever was covering him. A healthy Gronk rarely loses his matchups unless hes double teamed.

Execution is the biggest flaw with the offense.

Talent is the biggest flaw with the defense.

I agree with everything Bro! My Point is do You think it can happen?? Its been almost 8 years since this D was good and for a genius, dont u think thats enough time??  Do you really think ALL those things you mentioned would get fixed in a couple years!?!?  Seattle rebuilt their secondary in 2 years!!!! Only one 1st Rounder in E.Thomas!  Sooo, WHY should I TRUST BB to find a DB NOW!?!??!  I think its easier to upgrade the offense at this point instead of chasing dreams of building this D. Its not gonna get much better because every player we ADD, we LOSE one! Next year it will be Spikes and folks will realize that  paying mayo all that money was bad. Im sorry but our drafting S*cks too much to really expect anything there. Free agents!  Well we let Landry and Bell go the Jets who played healthy all year and we settled for Lloyd because he KNEW the system...lol. _time to stop looking for system players and change the system I think

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like him, but we need some julio jones or roddy white type WRs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Greg Jennings is a Free Agent and would help this team, but the Dolphins will likely bid way too high for him. If only we could draft guys like him...oh wait...they could have...and decided Chad Jackson would be better.

Bowe is great physically, but he is a bit of a head case and gets the dropsies in bunches it seems.

Fact is that until this team can find and develop young talent at that position in the draft, which they have not done since 2002, Aaron Henandez is going to be our best downfield option. Unless the Lions or Cardinals wanna channel their inner Al Davis and send us Megatron or Fitz for a low round pick....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Greg Jennings is a Free Agent and would help this team, but the Dolphins will likely bid way too high for him. If only we could draft guys like him...oh wait...they could have...and decided Chad Jackson would be better.

Bowe is great physically, but he is a bit of a head case and gets the dropsies in bunches it seems.

Fact is that until this team can find and develop young talent at that position in the draft, which they have not done since 2002, Aaron Henandez is going to be our best downfield option. Unless the Lions or Cardinals wanna channel their inner Al Davis and send us Megatron or Fitz for a low round pick....

How about someone like Dez bryant

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Let Welker walk. Sign Fitzgerald and Osi Umanura.