Everyone Tune In

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: Everyone Tune In

your the man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

Thanks for the heads up man. I haven't seen this game since I watched it live back then. This was the Law 3 pick game as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yes, and check out way our D got off the field on third down too!   Lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Funny thread. I was watching some of these older playoff games the other night and really I'm amazed that we have won another Super Bowl since then with the defense we have now...oh wait, we haven't.

Night and day comparing these two defenses...night and day:(

It's clear when watching those defenses you saw linebackers that got good depth in coverage and didn't lose their place in a zone. We had guys that could play corner and watching Willie come off the edge with Seymore was quite the sight! And wow could we cover tight ends back then. Miss those days. Here's to hoping the defense that is five years in the remaking, is finally remade.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Funny thread. I was watching some of these older playoff games the other night and really I'm amazed that we have won another Super Bowl since then with the defense we have now...oh wait, we haven't.

Night and day comparing these two defenses...night and day:(

It's clear when watching those defenses you saw linebackers that got good depth in coverage and didn't lose their place in a zone. We had guys that could play corner and watching Willie come off the edge with Seymore was quite the sight! And wow could we cover tight ends back then. Miss those days. Here's to hoping the defense that is five years in the remaking, is finally remade.

But look at the way the pats played defense on these guys, especially the colts. Physical, and we jammed them for longer than 5 yards (which was legal at the time). Polian went crying to the competition committee and got that rule implemented. Defense was played much more physically even back in 03. I'm not saying that these new rules are an excuse, I agree the pats have a lack of talent at certain spots, getting Talib locked up would certainly help. But you have to take this into account as well. The Colts and their pass happy finesse offense was bullied badly. But this defense with Talib, Dennard, Arrington in the slot, played like an old Pats remade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I was posting the exact same pic, but it didn't take.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

You might have overfilled the bong.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

You might have overfilled the bong.

^^Impossible to do.

Novice.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Yes, and check out way our D got off the field on third down too!   Lol

Also, note the differences in the era, how it's easier to move the sticks today, how many PI calls Ty Law would get today destroying chances at a win due to the rule changes to favor offenses and QBs.

Check out how our D today is actually under more pressure because of the era it plays in.
    Also, check out how that was a VETERAN D at its core which cannot be compared to the youngest D in the AFC the last couple years here in NE.

I know you were probably 10 then, but at least you remember the game. lol

Yes, no doubt king..  The rule changes alone back then compared to now, incredible....it's strange watching these but its only 8 - 9 yrs ago.....

oh I wasn't 10, I was at that game, what a great day that was!  Place rocked!  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Or DVR the 2003 AFC title game on NFLN tomorrow night at 8 PM. Pay close attention to how BB runs the offense in the system with more traditional sets, how he scans the field, doesn't focus one option, etc, etc. Compare that to what we've seen in the last 3-4 years when watching.

This has been a public service announcement.

Thank you.

while ur at it watch a defense that was actually able to make a stop in the clutch, adam vinitieri kicking and a weee bit of luck

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was there too . . . I mostly remember Ty Law's absolute humiliation of Manning.  

From Google:

New England's defense dominated the Colts, only allowing 14 points, intercepting 4 passes from Peyton Manning (3 of them by Ty Law), recording 4 sacks (three by Jarvis Green), and forcing a safety. Although New England's offense fared no better and only scored one touchdown, Vinatieri's 5 field goals made up for the difference as the Patriots won, 24-14, to advance to their second Super Bowl appearance in 3 seasons.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I was there too . . . I mostly remember Ty Law's absolute humiliation of Manning.  

From Google:

New England's defense dominated the Colts, only allowing 14 points, intercepting 4 passes from Peyton Manning (3 of them by Ty Law), recording 4 sacks (three by Jarvis Green), and forcing a safety. Although New England's offense fared no better and only scored one touchdown, Vinatieri's 5 field goals made up for the difference as the Patriots won, 24-14, to advance to their second Super Bowl appearance in 3 seasons.

Were you at the AFC title game in January of 1997, Prolate? Hmm?

lol

No, but that was the year I got on the waiting list for season tickets.  I moved back to Boston (from New York) in 1994 and was buying tickets from Seacoast in New Hampshire to go to games before 97.  It was getting expensive. 

Sections
Shortcuts