Everyone Tune In

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Everyone Tune In

I love how a guy that claims offenses have changed...tight ends have changed...yet is madly in love with a 34 year old safety that can't run anymore. These are the types of guys you said can't play in the NFL anymore because of the new rule enforcement, yet he will be standing right next to Spikes. My lord that could get ugly - don't get me wrong, hope it works, but I don't see how it could. Be tough to  have two guys that can't cover playing in the middle of your defense with the way these tight ends are today.

Now we all know Belichick will hide a guy...put him in a part of the field where he won't be exposed, but he asks a lot of his safeties...he has to, it can't be prevented with all the passing that goes on now. Then again Landry did ok last year and got payed, but he is younger and faster. It will be nice to see a safety come down into the box and hit someone - watching Chung try to do that was a disaster, but mark my words...this guy will be targeted...he will give up big plays...and he will find himself on the bench. Hope I'm wrong. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the only proof you need that the NFL has changed since the last time the pats had that great defense you are talking about, is that joe freakin flacco just signed the richest contract in NFL history. i could go on about 2011 when THREE qb's threw for over 5,000 yards, including matthew stafford! and others were close to 5,000.

this league is based on outscoring the other team now, and when your offense fails to score a good amount of points in those games, you are most likely going to lose. there really arent as many low scoring games in the playoffs like there used to be. even the best defenses allow points in bunches to good offenses. look at the super bowl, both defenses considered among the league best, but yet both offenses score over 30 points...how is that?

Funny, it's not uncommon to see a team hold another to under 17.  THE FREAKEN SB CHAMPS WON A GAME 7 to 6.

Average Scores have not risen but 1 point in the past 10 years or 12 years or 15.

Learn the game!  Try Facts, not Crusty and BB man crushes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I love how a guy that claims offenses have changed...tight ends have changed...yet is madly in love with a 34 year old safety that can't run anymore. These are the types of guys you said can't play in the NFL anymore because of the new rule enforcement, yet he will be standing right next to Spikes. My lord that could get ugly - don't get me wrong, hope it works, but I don't see how it could. Be tough to  have two guys that can't cover playing in the middle of your defense with the way these tight ends are today.

Now we all know Belichick will hide a guy...put him in a part of the field where he won't be exposed, but he asks a lot of his safeties...he has to, it can't be prevented with all the passing that goes on now. Then again Landry did ok last year and got payed, but he is younger and faster. It will be nice to see a safety come down into the box and hit someone - watching Chung try to do that was a disaster, but mark my words...this guy will be targeted...he will give up big plays...and he will find himself on the bench. Hope I'm wrong. 

mccourty is the cover corner....wilson is going to be free to basically be the rodney harrison of the team and just go around sticking people and getting to the qb on occasion. do i think wilson will get beat on some throws? yes, every safety gets beat at times, but he has a proven track record of success and just two years ago he was the 2nd best safety in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

the only proof you need that the NFL has changed since the last time the pats had that great defense you are talking about, is that joe freakin flacco just signed the richest contract in NFL history. i could go on about 2011 when THREE qb's threw for over 5,000 yards, including matthew stafford! and others were close to 5,000.

this league is based on outscoring the other team now, and when your offense fails to score a good amount of points in those games, you are most likely going to lose. there really arent as many low scoring games in the playoffs like there used to be. even the best defenses allow points in bunches to good offenses. look at the super bowl, both defenses considered among the league best, but yet both offenses score over 30 points...how is that?

Funny, it's not uncommon to see a team hold another to under 17.  THE FREAKEN SB CHAMPS WON A GAME 7 to 6.

Average Scores have not risen but 1 point in the past 10 years or 12 years or 15.

so tell me, how successful would either the 49ers or ravens had been in that super bowl had their offenses put up 13, 14, or even 17 points?

they put those kind of numbers up per half, never mind per game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

so tell me, how successful would either the 49ers or ravens had been in that super bowl had their offenses put up 13, 14, or even 17 points?

they put those kind of numbers up per half, never mind per game.

Yup they sure did and it was a 13 possession ( which was 5 more possessions than the Pats/gints)  games and so both teams scored a significant amount of points.  Now take away 5 of those possessions and what's the score?  Take away the fumbles and picks and KR and what is the score?  Take away the goal line STAND for flacco and what's the score? 

Now give TB a defensive pick for a score, and a fumble recovery, and a KR, and 5 more possessions and  a goal-line stand and what's the score?   

Offenses won't perform consistantly with a bad, bad, bad, D.  Case closed!

It was a different type of game with both QB's in a shoot out.  The Pats /gints were not the same type.  The Gints purposely slowed the game.. It's called game planning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

They don't get why Flacco signed a deal the same as Brady's.  They just don't get it. They don't get why Eli lobs up ducks and wins a SB.

They don't get why Ben Roethlisberger is overrated beyond belief with Eli.

They don't get why Guards now make 8 million when they shouldn't. They don't get why Colin Kaepernick who runs a gimmick offense that won't last is in Goodell's NFL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

They don't get why Flacco signed a deal the same as Brady's.  They just don't get it. They don't get why Eli lobs up ducks and wins a SB.

They don't get why Ben Roethlisberger is overrated beyond belief with Eli.

They don't get why Guards now make 8 million when they shouldn't. They don't get why Colin Kaepernick who runs a gimmick offense that won't last is in Goodell's NFL.

hey btw since ur opining about QBs tell us again how ryan mallett is "more valuable" than rg3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it was a shootout because both qb's were playing well.....in sb46 both defenses were playing well...when the #1 offense in the league cant muster more than 17 points in the biggest game of the year, not to mention the fact that they turned the ball over three times and gave up a safety, yea the odds are against you regardless of how good your defense in. and then, this past playoffs, when your offense doesnt score AT ALL in the second half, you have little to no chance to win that game. you can keep blaming the defense all you want, it doesnt change the fact the pats offense has underperformed heavily and they have suffered because of it. now i like some of the moves they are making and hopefully it translates into scoring points in the playoffs.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

HMMM.

"Look at the super bowl, both defenses considered among the league best, but yet both offenses score over 30 points...how is that?"

Actually this is not even true.  One team had a safety and 1 team had a KR for 7.  Neither O scored 30.    DOH!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

HMMM.

"Look at the super bowl, both defenses considered among the league best, but yet both offenses score over 30 points...how is that?"

Actually this is not even true.  One team had a safety and 1 team had a KR for 7.  Neither O scored 30.    DOH!

i dont know about the safety, but ill take your word for it, but still 29 and 27 points is a heck of alot better than anything the pats have done in their playoff losses of late.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

HMMM.

No.

Each team put up around 30 points. Translation? At least both put up more than 21.

Ours can't even get to 21!

Translation? We suck!

27 and 29 are not more than 30 and as I said it was a freaken 13 possession game and TEAMS SCORE MORE WITH MORE POSSESSIONS.  Do you watch football?

Translation?  You can't even score once!!!!!  LMAO@U

Oh, I was talking to the other you.  Not you.  You responded under the wrong name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

HMMM.

No.

Each team put up around 30 points. Translation? At least both put up more than 21.

Translation? We suck!

27 and 29 are not more than 30 and as I said it was a freaken 13 possession game and TEAMS SCORE MORE WITH MORE POSSESSIONS.  Do you watch football?

dont bother pezz...any time rusty says jump rsf asks how high...dont matter what el queeno says rsf jumps right in to agree...i still say 50/50 he is queenie

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

HMMM.

No.

Translation? We suck!

dont bother pezz...any time rusty says jump rsf asks how high...dont matter what el queeno says rsf jumps right in to agree...i still say 50/50 he is queenie

i still say 100/0 you're a fockin moron. i try to be nice to you and just politely deny that im rusty, but you just have to keep bringing it up. your obsession with the man is unhealthy....your obsession with the whole forum is unhealthy for that matter. there are plenty of giants boards out there, but you choose to come here and troll....im sensing a bit of a napoleon complex going on here jints....and the sad part is i thought you were a rational guy, boy was i wrong. i disagree with you on one thing and all of a sudden im a fake account? what?

come on rsf! stop the amateur psychology!

besides napoleon was 5 2' i am 5 10'

i am rational and i used to think more highly of u too but the past few months all u do is ride queenies coattails-babe had a point calling u rusty clone-thread after thread u pop in right after rusty and back him and then attack whoever is questioning him-and i am not the only one who thinks this btw-

i am only busting chops saying ur him but its gotten silly lately

and i have no "obssessio" with rusty-he is just an arrogant obnoxious know it all who turns every single thread into a fight and regularly calls names, labels and personally disparages others and judges people's worth by their job and education level like a good little self-loving libertarian

and u side with this guy

what he really needs is a good a** kicking

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

HMMM.

No.

Translation? We suck!

i still say 100/0 you're a fockin moron. i try to be nice to you and just politely deny that im rusty, but you just have to keep bringing it up. your obsession with the man is unhealthy....your obsession with the whole forum is unhealthy for that matter. there are plenty of giants boards out there, but you choose to come here and troll....im sensing a bit of a napoleon complex going on here jints....and the sad part is i thought you were a rational guy, boy was i wrong. i disagree with you on one thing and all of a sudden im a fake account? what?

btw in this nfl relationship wouldn't the pats be napoleon?  :  )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

HMMM.

No.

Translation? We suck!

btw in this nfl relationship wouldn't the pats be napoleon?  :  )

pats still have 3 titles this century to the giants 2, so no...

but anyways, the thing about it though is that the only ones that start the arguments are you and pezz....now that babe is gone it is much more peaceful here. for the most part its just been free agency talk, that is until pezz made a comment and it spiraled downhill. theres also no need for you to come here and mock everything people say. if you think rusty is arrogant, thats fine...but theres nothing more arrogant than coming onto an opposing teams forums and mocking the posters, not to mention making a handle like the one you made.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You're vastly underrating Wilson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To me its currently a search to replace two great players Willie Mac and Ty Law. The Pats already have a good run D; now they need to lock up Talib and get Freeney or Abraham.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Looks like some lame documentary of the game... not an actual replay of the game, play-by-play.

Disappointing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, just seen the Patriot great, the highly regarded Troy Bown drop a perfect pass.  I wonder of Rusty was on here then bashing him for that? Could have cost the Pats the game!

Sections
Shortcuts