Everyone Tune In

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Everyone Tune In

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Why yes! Rusty is right, our defense used to stink and Brady still does!

Dumbest troll ever. Can't be made up. I guarantee his family paid him to move out of New England so they wouldn't be the laughing stock at weddings anymore...oh no, here comes that Smith family  and they brought their kid with them...what's his name? Oh yeah, Rusty.

You must be pretty angry with the cap clinic BB is putting on off the lockout, huh, Mt Hurl?

bawahaha!

Exposed. Badly.

Hey, Cupcake, do you think the Jets are attracting quality FAs right now? What about Pitt? How is Baltimore doing after losing their entire starting defense? Tears!

Mad? Mad at free agency? Mad at us signing players? Exposed? 

I love it when we sign players...even old ones that were cut by teams that no longer wanted them because they wanted to sign younger, better talent. I'll take it...I'll take anything as long as we spend to the cap and Shaun Ellis won't be walking through those doors...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

giants fan talking about a "wee bit of luck"? stop it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Funny thread. I was watching some of these older playoff games the other night and really I'm amazed that we have won another Super Bowl since then with the defense we have now...oh wait, we haven't.

Night and day comparing these two defenses...night and day:(

It's clear when watching those defenses you saw linebackers that got good depth in coverage and didn't lose their place in a zone. We had guys that could play corner and watching Willie come off the edge with Seymore was quite the sight! And wow could we cover tight ends back then. Miss those days. Here's to hoping the defense that is five years in the remaking, is finally remade.

2010 is not 5 years ago. Will Brady improve now that Wes as his last main binky is now gone?

Time will tell.  Brady's time.

Finally, comparing TEs like Marcus Pollard to the TEs today still means you're a moron, which we are already knew. Touch a player today on offense even with an eyelash and it's illegal contact. Breath on a QB and it's roughing. Yep.

Roman Phifer should have been flagged 10 times in that game if it were played in the Goodell era.

But, we barely won because Brady didn't throw any dumb INTs like Gomer did.  I wish Brady would stop throwing picks in the postseason in an easier era to play QB in, don't you?

After the 2003 and 2004 AFC title games, Brady has 6 TDs and 7 INTs, with 3 of those title games at home.

Ouch.

Not worried about TB's picks when he throws 6 td's in single games.

Too bad the pathetic D has let him down so much since then, that teams wet themselves (from laughter, not fear) when they know they're going up against the D. 

It's the O they fear and rightfully so.

Haven't heard a single sane person, since then say any different.

Please stop with the 10 yr ago BS.  There are still very good D's every single year. They just have to master their crafts under the current rules.

In other words you have to play smart, be in position, not bite on everything and get away with what you can and not give up 100 passes over 20 for once. 

That's one NFL record the Pats don't want.

Other team's D's do it and 25-30 of them do it better than the Pats, yearly!

Hope these newly acquired geriactrics help.  Would have been nice to have them in their prime, like 5-6 years ago in those AFC and SB's where one defensive stop would have won all those games.  You know, those ones where TB walked off the field with seconds left and the lead!  Who was on the D then?  They change players so much, I can't even remember.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it may be the O that other teams fear, but in the playoffs, its the defense that actually shows up....offense and special teams in the playoffs for the most part have been non-existent. hopefully that will change now that BB is trying to get brady some more weapons and hopefully gronk is actually healthy for the playoffs this year, that would be huge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

it may be the O that other teams fear, but in the playoffs, its the defense that actually shows up....offense and special teams in the playoffs for the most part have been non-existent. hopefully that will change now that BB is trying to get brady some more weapons and hopefully gronk is actually healthy for the playoffs this year, that would be huge.

Show me statistically where they showed up JUST ONCE.   Worst DPR of any play off team EVER!  Unless you can dispute that with facts than quit licking up on the rusty one and STHU.

When's the wedding?  LOL  Is it possible for a person to marry himself?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Funny thread. I was watching some of these older playoff games the other night and really I'm amazed that we have won another Super Bowl since then with the defense we have now...oh wait, we haven't.

Night and day comparing these two defenses...night and day:(

It's clear when watching those defenses you saw linebackers that got good depth in coverage and didn't lose their place in a zone. We had guys that could play corner and watching Willie come off the edge with Seymore was quite the sight! And wow could we cover tight ends back then. Miss those days. Here's to hoping the defense that is five years in the remaking, is finally remade.

2010 is not 5 years ago. Will Brady improve now that Wes as his last main binky is now gone?

Time will tell.  Brady's time.

Finally, comparing TEs like Marcus Pollard to the TEs today still means you're a moron, which we are already knew. Touch a player today on offense even with an eyelash and it's illegal contact. Breath on a QB and it's roughing. Yep.

Roman Phifer should have been flagged 10 times in that game if it were played in the Goodell era.

But, we barely won because Brady didn't throw any dumb INTs like Gomer did.  I wish Brady would stop throwing picks in the postseason in an easier era to play QB in, don't you?

After the 2003 and 2004 AFC title games, Brady has 6 TDs and 7 INTs, with 3 of those title games at home.

Ouch.

Not worried about TB's picks when he throws 6 td's in single games.

Too bad the pathetic D has let him down so much since then, that teams wet themselves (from laughter, not fear) when they know they're going up against the D. 

It's the O they fear and rightfully so.

Haven't heard a single sane person, since then say any different.

Please stop with the 10 yr ago BS.  There are still very good D's every single year. They just have to master their crafts under the current rules.

In other words you have to play smart, be in position, not bite on everything and get away with what you can and not give up 100 passes over 20 for once. 

That's one NFL record the Pats don't want.

Other team's D's do it and 25-30 of them do it better than the Pats, yearly!

Hope these newly acquired geriactrics help.  Would have been nice to have them in their prime, like 5-6 years ago in those AFC and SB's where one defensive stop would have won all those games.  You know, those ones where TB walked off the field with seconds left and the lead!  Who was on the D then?  They change players so much, I can't even remember.

Yes, I am sure your miserable pink hat self is hating BB putting on a clinic under the cap this week, with more to come, you spoiled little bandwagon fan you.

Actually, I've been waiting for years, as have we all, for BB to actually do something....Anything,,, to improve the bottom 5 defense in the league .

I would be ESTATIC if that finally happened (AS WOULD WE ALL).

You spoiled little Brady hating troll you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Show me statistically where they showed up JUST ONCE.   Worst DPR of any play off team EVER!  Unless you can dispute that with facts than quit licking up on the rusty one and STHU.

i dont need any stats, honestly the only stats i need are 14 and 17, and 13, the amount of points the patriots scored in their past two super bowl losses and this past afc championship game loss. im not going to get through to you and thats fine...but enough with the rusty nonsense, i agree with him on this topic, thats all there is to it. thats last sentence you typed just took away any credibility you might have had.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Thanks for the info Rusty. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i dont need any stats, honestly the only stats i need are 14 and 17, and 13, the amount of points the patriots scored in their past two super bowl losses and this past afc championship game loss. im not going to get through to you and thats fine...but enough with the rusty nonsense, i agree with him on this topic, thats all there is to it. thats last sentence you typed just took away any credibility you might have had.

How many Brady dolls do you think Pezzy has been through since 2007?  15?   25?

LMAO

All of a sudden the best offense of all time scores 14 points (barely) and that's good for a team to win a SB.

I've been saying for years that this offense will never get it done against good physical defenses. They are great at beating up weak teams and piling on the stats but we've seen the past several seasons end the same way, offense can't score 20 points. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LMAO

All of a sudden the best offense of all time scores 14 points (barely) and that's good for a team to win a SB.

Actually it is in an 8 possession game.  How many did the winners score? 3 more?  Too bad 1 more is a "L"

Imagine a D that could keep a team from scoring more than that and get off the field in 2 minutes to allow scoring opportunity.     They used to have one of those.

What happened?  Oh, Ellis Hobbs and Darious Butler and a QB playing DB. 

I remember now!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ok Rusty, I will. 

One one condition: That you pay attention to what a truly dominant Pats defense looks like, one the liberates the offense to play without fear of losing a field position game. One that: 

- holds the other team to fourteen points

- intercepts the ball four times due to the playmakers on defense

- that sacks the quarterback twice

- that forces a safety

None of which we have seen in recent championship or Super Bowl games

(though most of which have been done to us by other dominant defenses)

Man you make this too easy, this post was an annihilation of your tenuous position.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Are we back on this nonsense again? It's the offense fault, its the defense fault, st fault. Frankly I don't care as long as we get out heads out of a55es and starting being a tough, punch them in the throat team again. 

To close on this subject, I will ask Russ, Pezz and Sports this question. 

With 2 minutes left on the clock, the pats down by 6, offense or opposing offense starting on their own 20, would you rather have Brady and the offense on the field to march and score 7, or our defense trying to stop the opposing team from scoring 7?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

You said the D showed up.   BWAHAHAHA.  Show me.

How many picks?  3rd down STOPS?  First downs allowed?  Rz stops?  What was the opposing Qb'S qbr?  Completion %?   Points per drive?  3& outs?

Can you say loser?  Team's D's are not judged on how much you like the GM or coach, crusty, jr.

They're judged on performance and those were some of the worst known to man!

So, Come on MR. "I'm younger and know more than most", rusty clone.  Prove it!

Here's a hint.  Zero's would have been good in some of those questions.  Unfortunately they had ZERO"S in the wrong ones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Ok Rusty, I will. 

One one condition: That you pay attention to what a truly dominant Pats defense looks like, one the liberates the offense to play without fear of losing a field position game. One that: 

- holds the other team to fourteen points

- intercepts the ball four times due to the playmakers on defense

- that sacks the quarterback twice

- that forces a safety

None of which we have seen in recent championship or Super Bowl games

(though most of which have been done to us by other dominant defenses)

Man you make this too easy, this post was an annihilation of your tenuous position.

The funny part is just how wrong he is. The guy is insane, plain and simple.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

well Russ you answered the question, albeit in a strange way. So just to recap, if Brady was having a good game. Didn't throw ant interceptions all game, you still take the defense to stop the other team? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

With a healthy offense, Brady having a good game, I would opt to put the ball in Brady's hands and feel good about our chances of winning the game. I say this because our very own BB has done the same on many a recent situation. If you have been paying attention, you can tell bb doesn't trust his defense as much as he does Brady and the offense. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LMAO

Actually it is in an 8 possession game.  How many did the winners score? 3 more?  Too bad 1 more is a "L"

Imagine a D that could keep a team from scoring more than that and get off the field in 2 minutes to allow scoring opportunity.     They used to have one of those.

What happened?  Oh, Ellis Hobbs and Darious Butler and a QB playing DB. 

I remember now!

Darius Butler?  Seek help. Seriously. You don't even know what happened and when.  So, tell us, how many Brady dolls have you ravaged through the years?

God you are beyond dumb.  The players I listed are not good.   Do you want me to list all of them because I did the other day with all the players cut yearly since 2006.  It was a HUGE list ( mostly DB's and receivers and DE's that cost the team more than the National debt) Get it?

Of course not. ! How many Defensive dolls have you ravaged?   The whole D every year for the Past 6 years?  Maybe you should leave them alone so they have some air come game time.  Pencil dck  We know you have no human interaction.

Where were you when the Pats had a good D.  Kindergarten?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the only proof you need that the NFL has changed since the last time the pats had that great defense you are talking about, is that joe freakin flacco just signed the richest contract in NFL history. i could go on about 2011 when THREE qb's threw for over 5,000 yards, including matthew stafford! and others were close to 5,000.

this league is based on outscoring the other team now, and when your offense fails to score a good amount of points in those games, you are most likely going to lose. there really arent as many low scoring games in the playoffs like there used to be. even the best defenses allow points in bunches to good offenses. look at the super bowl, both defenses considered among the league best, but yet both offenses score over 30 points...how is that?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts