Everytime we lose, this board becomes annoying.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everytime we lose, this board becomes annoying.

It's a lose against a 8-3 team, get over yourselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Everytime we lose, this board becomes annoying.

I would add that the board is also annoying when the pats win and when they don't play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i think the annoyance is warranted this time. only about the call. besides that. great game played and very even team looked good on O and bad on D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

This isn't some throw away game up in Rochester! lol

quality quote!

but i agree with you. the fumble was veryyy costly. Ridley's future here after this season is probably in serious doubt... Bolden & Vereen are the future here at this point in BB's eyes.

Defense scares me most. the injuries may have become too much. we'll see what they can do the rest of the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

i think the annoyance is warranted this time. only about the call. besides that. great game played and very even team looked good on O and bad on D

I'm talking about the guys who are acting like we just lost to the Jaguars. Panthers are a good team, Pats played them better than most teams would've.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I'm talking about the guys who are acting like we just lost to the Jaguars. Panthers are a good team, Pats played them better than most teams would've.

very true. i called this game being a toughie from the getgo. my score prediction was close to right as well. i never made an offical pick i just had a 23-20 game.
    Cam Newton is becoming great right before our eyes. i think Carolinas D is a little overrated. i was suprised how easy we seemed to run on them. very good team though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Yeah, the whole country is talking about that play.  Most every talking head in the country is saying the call was horrible.

Even Mike Pereira who is always covering for officials says its was a blown call.  Why should Pat's fans talk about it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

If you mean it's annoying because the trolls crawl out the terrible places they call home, then yeah, it's annoying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i also did not like the call of PA pass on 3rd & 1. Blount was running very effectively and i bet he gets the first there and we score a TD. but it all does come back to the fumble because like i saw you say somewhere else we couldve run away if we score there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i also did not like the call of PA pass on 3rd & 1. Blount was running very effectively and i bet he gets the first there and we score a TD. but it all does come back to the fumble because like i saw you say somewhere else we couldve run away if we score there.

The way I can tell the playcalling wasn't the main issue is, the offense's ability to put some drives together and avoid successive 3 and outs.

I felt they did that last night. We can always quibble with playcall choices here and there throughtout the game.

If someone bet me last night, I would have won, even though my premise somewhat failed. Brady threw 40 times, with more than 5 throws occuring on that last drive.

We lost, plus 35+ passes.  24 carries is solid, though, between RIdley and Blount.

oh i agree the playcalling was great all night. they had Carolinas number every drive. brady was VERY accurate for the most part and the run game was suprisingly successful. McD's did a great job mixing different formations etc. i love how Vereen caught 8 balls in his first game back. he looks like an even better Faulk. i like where the offense is going. my huge worry is the D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It is what is. This was a tough road loss against a team that is healthy and peaking. At Foxboro the Pats win this game. Time to move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

My only worry is the health of the secondary. I like what Sopoaga has done.  He seems to be really locking down the middle on 1st and 2nd downs.

I noticed that Jones and Vellano had quiet nights last night in the pass rushing areas, which leads me to believe they were pretty much told to focus on the run.  No excuses, but the run D seems to be improved down the middle, for what that is worth.

I'd like to see more of Buchanan on 3rds.  Maybe we will.

i noticed that too with Jones & Vellano but i feelthat they were hesitant to bring straight heat up the middle becuase if they got pushed to the outisde Cam would've had a free middle field to run. i think they had more of a contain kinda bltiz in their minds the whole night.
    Sopoaga to be honest.... is playing as good as VW was when he was playing this year. maybe not as good on pass rush but def effective run stopper

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Agreed. I think the reason there wasn't an interior rush from either of them, which is really what they do well, was tied to the containment of Newton.  It was very obvious to me this gameplan was all about stop/contain their run so Newton can't use it as a backdrop. Classic BB.  Take away their strength. So, tip your cap to Newton for not throwing an INT. We almost had a couple, but that doesn't count.

I know some here think Newton shredded our D, but that's not the case. He had that one great run for like 30 yards on 3rd down and that was really the bulk of this yards.  He only had 62 yards total.  209 yards passing, sacked 3 times.

If you're hollding a team to 80 yards or less in a game, that's superb.

he shredded our D on that 3rd down run when Nink got shook twice and Chandler Jones took the worst angle ive ever seen on a guy like Cam.
    but i was also suprised how much man we played. that helped Cam on all his runs, all our DBs tbacks were turned. i expected alot of zone to keep everything in front also because we have no LB to could spy on Newton.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I think this board is annoying when half the threads are about Littledink Jets Trolls and their problems in life.

Btw...  Littledink resident old farts are annoying too...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This board is annoying every time you post.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I hate to break this to you but an athlete like Newton has one of those kinds of runs every week in this league (if not more).

Looked like early era Mike Vick.

well i know that. thats my point though. we held him to just one of those kinds of runs. great overall containment

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

I would add that the board is also annoying when the pats win and when they don't play

can you get rid of that annoying avatar of Oprah please. WTFk

• You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Agreed. I think the reason there wasn't an interior rush from either of them, which is really what they do well, was tied to the containment of Newton.  It was very obvious to me this gameplan was all about stop/contain their run so Newton can't use it as a backdrop. Classic BB.  Take away their strength. So, tip your cap to Newton for not throwing an INT. We almost had a couple, but that doesn't count.

I know some here think Newton shredded our D, but that's not the case. He had that one great run for like 30 yards on 3rd down and that was really the bulk of this yards.  He only had 62 yards total.  209 yards passing, sacked 3 times.

If you're hollding a team to 80 yards or less in a game, that's superb.

he shredded our D on that 3rd down run when Nink got shook twice and Chandler Jones took the worst angle ive ever seen on a guy like Cam.
    but i was also suprised how much man we played. that helped Cam on all his runs, all our DBs tbacks were turned. i expected alot of zone to keep everything in front also because we have no LB to could spy on Newton.

I hate to break this to you but an athlete like Newton has one of those kinds of runs every week in this league (if not more).

Looked like early era Mike Vick.

Hi Rusty - you were right about Connollys on 5th - I got there decked out in my Gronk jersey, met some cool Panther fans and a guy from Quincy, had a couple of very fresh Guinness - then headed to the stadium

I was sitting(standing whole game) in Section 102 row 13 - this is the end zone where the final play took place - I was 60-70 feet away from Gronk when he got run over by Keuchly - the angle of the play had the ball coming in my direction so I really saw the whole thing play out - I was not surprised when the flag dropped - but I couldn't understand why it was picked up - the ref never said - I stood there for 3-4 minutes looking at the field wondering what happened....worst non call I have ever seen - absolutely ridiculous

As to the whole game - I really feel this game is where we saw how much the Pats miss Mayo- 3 seperate times Newton was under heavy pressure on 3rd down but allowed out to one side of the field - contain broke - If Mayo is on the field it doesn't happen - he is too smart to forget his assignment - some of the younger guys were too eager to get after Newton - the Pats paid the price for that

Not sure why the Pats didn't try to at least sell a run on the 3rd down play on the 8 - this happened right in front of me too - every receiver was covered - I watched Brady go from his right, to middle to left, when he saw Dobson covered he threw it over his head

Never thought the Panthers would run it down to 1 minute and score a TD - I figured worse case scenarion was the Pats give up a TD with 2-3 and they try to win it - Rusty, I know you are not going to want to hear this - but I question the clock management by the Patriots toward the end - they should have used at least one of their TO's at the end of the Panther drive

Thought the Pats offense was pretty good - only 1 punt on the first drive after moving it past the 50  - I really feel this game changed on 3 seperate Newton runs - on each TD drive - where the Pats lost contain -

Been reading how Newton out dueled TB - that's not the game I saw - If the Pats maitain contain even one of those 3 runs its the Pats ball game - I watched Newton throw 2 very bad passes that could have ended up as INT - nothing like that from TB

All in All - a good football game with a bogus ending

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Agreed, except their 7-3.   I also hate how people start scapegoating players with over-dramatized thread premsies.

This person is the "worst" in the league or whatnot.   All it does is attract trolls for trollwork for an entire week.  

Call it like it is and acknolwedge it was a good game between two good teams, one who got some severe home cooking from the refs at the end to the point it's national news all day. Christ, Brian Williams and the NBC Nightly News will probably have a snippet about it, that's how bad that call/non-call was to the objective viewer.

Kuechly all but anally raped Gronk off the line of scrimmage and somehow so and so is awful and this person sucks, etc.  If that call was made, who knows, maybe NE scores and wins the game and no one is saying how bad this player is or that player.  People would be complimenting a gutty, undermanned D and the offense playing quite well against a supposed juggernaut D.

The only real person to be talking about in terms of what to do moving forward is Ridley.  He almost lost us the game in Buffalo and he basically is responsible for the loss last night.  You can be driving down the field at will and then bail out the opponent by getting nothing. 0 points is unacceptable once you enter the red zone.   That's why we lost last year in Seattle.   

3 points there and then 3 more on our last drive is a win. Pretty simple.

Plain and simple: No turnovers, most importantly on the road.  Once I saw the fumble, I knew the odds of went way down in winning in that kind of a situation. Once that happens in these games against competitive teams, I lower my expectations for a win.

This isn't some throw away game up in Rochester! lol

Did you just use the word whatnot?  That is trailer trash talk from where I come from.  When some of that trailer trash come to the nicer part of town they throw out the "whatnots" all the time.

Now my response to your joke of a post. 

Zip it drama queenie!  You were on here days ago telling everyone who would listen that the Panthers were just hype,  that they really weren't as good as their record and that we would roll all over them.  You then went on and teased those who didn't agree with you.  Well guess what?  They are that good and they beat us and those people you teased were right.  You can blame it on the PI call and the commish, who according to you has it in for us, all we want but the Panthers played good, mistake free football.  Maybe they aren't so bad after all..

The more you talk the more you just plain don't know what the hell is going on.  Wipe your chin off and stop slobbering all over Belichicks ego.  Stop acting like your opinion is knowledge, because it isn't, you prove that every day here so stop attacking people who don't agree with you. 

I was following the game thread last night and all your Brady is bad talk along with your commish is out to get us talk is just you covering up that maybe the Panthers were better then you thought and you don't know what you are talking bout here. 

Let's see if I can throw some trailer trash talk your way so you can understand what I am saying here.

You know nothin about nothin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It was very promising game in my opinion. I don't expect Talib to play like that again this year he can only improve as he gets more time on the field. The team lost a very tight game away from home to a pretty good team and the only reason was one of the worst calls/non calls in the history of the NFL. The D will come together again as the year continues familiarity will breed better play. On the flip side the offense looked awesome when moving the ball against an almighty D, going by their stats so far this season we essentially raped them. Brady's best outing of the season imo because this team wasn't the Steelers, good strong running, awesome PA at times and Brady basically taking the open man. Finally Vareen made a real difference in his return I wasn't expecting it but he may well have been the reason the teams scoring drives continued  

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

Babe stop following rusty around you crusty old hag. 

Cease your hate speech.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

49Patriot...  when is this board EVER in complete harmony, win or lose?

• Sections
    Shortcuts