Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?

McGinnest, Bruschi, Harrison, Johnson, Tippett, who else? if I had the ability to go to one of them and say come back to the team in a Coaching capacity and be an enforcer of sorts of showing how you behave influences your play it would be a tie between Harrison and McGinnest... McGinnest would have kicked any young guy's (Merriweather giggling in the corner after getting burned by Miami) or older guy's, (AD- just a bad seed) @ss. They both were locker room enforcers... I am hoping VW or Mayo or even both as a team become that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?

In Response to Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?:
    McGinnest, Bruschi, Harrison, Johnson, Tippett, who else? ...
    Posted by DaBlade

Bryan Cox.  He brought serious attitude.  I still remember the signature hit on Pathon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Andre Tippett or Don Blackmon both were excellent players and Tippett could also instruct his charges in Karate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

McGinnest

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In Response to Re: Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?:
    In Response to Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be? : Bryan Cox.  He brought serious attitude.  I still remember the signature hit on Pathon.
    Posted by Muzwell

Ya righton! Bryan Cox would be great! I lke the thought of Willie too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Seau, Ted Johnson, Brushci, Tippet Mike Haynes Law, or Harrison

LB coach Seau, Johnson or Tippet
    DB coach Harrison, Mike Haynes, Law
    DC Bruschi, Johnson, Seau

You want guys who were players as well as smart players. These gyts seemed to always know where everyone was supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I keep coming back to McGinnest. I think he would be a great Linebackers coach.
    Then 2011 I would give Pepper Johnson the DC job and hire a new D line coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Bryan Cox is a defensive coach in Cleveland, how does that seem to be working out.

I like Harrison, if the game got boring, they could pan to the sidline and watch him scream and yell! He'd probabably run on the field in a fit of anger and get a "unsportsman like" call 15 yards!  Or maybe by next year it will be 20.

I really thought Bruschi would end up  coaching for the team, but the bright lights got to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be?:
    Seau
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

I like Seau, but be honest is he really an Ex Patriot defensive Great? what one good year. he's behind a long line of real patriot greats 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IF THEY'D TAKE THE JOB I'D WANT BOTH MCGINNEST AND BRUSCHI.WHAT THE HECK,I LIKE HARRISON AND TIPPIT AS WELL WITH PEPPER JOHNSON AS D.C.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Patrioots certainly have a few greats that come to mind for this sort of thing but most I am betting wouldn't want to put the hours into coaching they would need to. As much as I would love to see McGinnest in that role I think he also runs a very successful business as I recall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Bryan Cox is a defensive coach in Cleveland, how does that seem to be working out....Posted by NEGAME

The Pats one time hired a coach who couldn't hack it in Cleveland.  Did OK with New England...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

First three came to mind were McGinest/Bruschi/Vrabel

All leaders all guys that know what the heck they are talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Harrison first, because he was very smart as a player, and actually took the referee course to further his knowlege.  That there is a BB attitude for sure.  Bruschi would be second for me, because he is very smart and played well even though he was undersized by KNOWING where to be.  But I think he doesn't want to coach because his kids are still very little.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Ex Patriot defensive Great to become coach... who would it be? : The Pats one time hired a coach who couldn't hack it in Cleveland.  Did OK with New England...
    Posted by Muzwell

are you comparing Cox to Belichick??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Harrison first, because he was very smart as a player, and actually took the referee course to further his knowlege.  That there is a BB attitude for sure.  Bruschi would be second for me, because he is very smart and played well even though he was undersized by KNOWING where to be.  But I think he doesn't want to coach because his kids are still very little.
    Posted by Davedsone

I doubt Harrison wants any part of coaching, or he'd be doing it right now.  He has a good gig on NBC, same for Bruschi on ESPN and McGinest on NFLN.  It's a 90 hour/week deal, during the season and 50-60 in the offseason.  You have to really love football to the exclusion of everything else for most of the year, including family. 

Sections
Shortcuts