EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY)

LESS OCHO. price is unique, hern is unique, gronk is unique. these guys cant be covered well. get them on the field more.

branch and welker are still clutch veterans.

get ridley ready and make him the #1 back.
    see what you got in vereen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY)

the patriots have a plethora of weapons
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY)

Agree, but why less 85 ?

i hope he can join this offense as a good WR.

He still has a lot in the tank, the more weapons we have, the more games we can win.

go pats !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks auchhh,

for me he's #5 wide receiver. 
    2nd he doesnt know where to be, when, never mind where everyone else has to be. he's lucky he's on the field at all right now.
    he should not see significant time unless and until he knows everything inside and out. even when he does, who is he better than right now?
    i wont take gronk or hern or price off the field for him now. nor welker.
    and no way he has a mind meld with tom as much as branch does.
    hes good insurance if there is an injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yes having Price in the lineup on game day will be great

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Price will help the run game more than the short to intermediate passing game before he impacts us as a true WR threat...

her would have help tremendously on that play that was deflected for an interception... just becasuie he is the best blocking WR we have...

Scouts compared him to Hines Ward... because Ohio U coached him up on the blocking aspects...

what i like is the evolution of Slater from ST stud to WR stud... A La Troy brown... 1996 to 2001 when he was on and off this team and relegated to ST.

I think slater can pick up some slack when OCHO is cut next year.

I also feel as though Welker is done in NE because a combination of Branch, Edleman and Hernandez can handle the slot very well.

Price would run our intermediate routes and slater would be on the outside...
    Price reminds me of David Givens, great hands, size and speed with blocking skills.

One problem we'll have in four years is keeping Hernandez and Gronk on this team... So, redshirting these WR and having them learn in the system helps us keep them in house when there first contract comes due.

If we choose to go TE and RB heavy we're going to need guys like Price Edleman and Slater... because they are affordable

these two TEs will draw 7 million a year... Gronk will get Gates like money because he has similar skills where Hernandez will get Dallas Clark money... 

This is obviously not a bad thing... having too much talent!

But we will most definitly need to pick our poison when the time comes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Make Ridley the #1 back? Bit premature don't you think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Price is next on the list, he could start for a number of bad teams, and he's going to stay next on the list as long as the really experienced WRs are available.  He's probably not bad but he's playing behind a bunch of sure hands and all-stars.  Sit, kid, and work with the scout team.  You'll blossom someday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY):
    [QUOTE]Price will help the run game more than the short to intermediate passing game before he impacts us as a true WR threat... her would have help tremendously on that play that was deflected for an interception... just becasuie he is the best blocking WR we have... Scouts compared him to Hines Ward... because Ohio U coached him up on the blocking aspects... what i like is the evolution of Slater from ST stud to WR stud... A La Troy brown... 1996 to 2001 when he was on and off this team and relegated to ST. I think slater can pick up some slack when OCHO is cut next year. I also feel as though Welker is done in NE because a combination of Branch, Edleman and Hernandez can handle the slot very well. Price would run our intermediate routes and slater would be on the outside... Price reminds me of David Givens, great hands, size and speed with blocking skills. One problem we'll have in four years is keeping Hernandez and Gronk on this team... So, redshirting these WR and having them learn in the system helps us keep them in house when there first contract comes due. If we choose to go TE and RB heavy we're going to need guys like Price Edleman and Slater... because they are affordable these two TEs will draw 7 million a year... Gronk will get Gates like money because he has similar skills where Hernandez will get Dallas Clark money...  This is obviously not a bad thing... having too much talent! But we will most definitly need to pick our poison when the time comes.
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

very good comments tagand. thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY):
    [QUOTE]Make Ridley the #1 back? Bit premature don't you think?
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

hes got a set of skills and talents we dont have elsewhere. when he is ready with reads, blocking, schemes etc, i'd put him in (as the #1).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS CALLING FOR THIS YEAR MORE HERN AND GRONK, AND PRICE (WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY) : hes got a set of skills and talents we dont have elsewhere. when he is ready with reads, blocking, schemes etc, i'd put him in (as the #1).
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    Don't get me wrong... I would love for you to be right about him. He was fun to watch in those preseason games where he got the bulk of snaps. People were complaining about a reach picking him in the 3rd round. Shows how little people actually know about draft prospects.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's interesting to watch this offense evolve. Hernandez and Gronk are two very unusual talents (most teams would be lucky to have one). You take one tight end that is built like an offensive lineman and he just happens to run very well and have very good hands..Gronk is a nightmare match up with his size, speed and strength in the red zone and center of the field. Hernandez does seem to run like a wide receiver, but at 6'1" and 240 pounds is built like a linebacker. How do you cover him? How do you cover both, with a guy like Brady throwing? Add in Welker, Branch and Ocho and the passing game looks remarkable. If one of these rookie backs can add a new dimension to the running game; we'll see an offense that could rival 07.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]It's interesting to watch this offense evolve. Hernandez and Gronk are two very unusual talents (most teams would be lucky to have one). You take one tight end that is built like an offensive lineman and he just happens to run very well and have very good hands..Gronk is a nightmare match up with his size, speed and strength in the red zone and center of the field. Hernandez does seem to run like a wide receiver, but at 6'1" and 240 pounds is built like a linebacker. How do you cover him? How do you cover both, with a guy like Brady throwing? Add in Welker, Branch and Ocho and the passing game looks remarkable. If one of these rookie backs can add a new dimension to the running game; we'll see an offense that could rival 07.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

ecellent points mthurl,
        thinking that in th eback of my mind.
    and when i get a chance to post my full game observaytions, one of them is i think we could target gronk and hern every play until the defense begins to defend it and play the rest of the offense (run and pass) off of it. every one else wil get room, or keep putting hern and gronk down theior throat. both almost uncoverable.