Excitement is building...Can you hear it? Colts/Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Excitement is building...Can you hear it? Colts/Jets

Alright Pats fans - 2 of your most disliked franchises are pitting themselves against one another in the AFCCG.  Who do you want and regardless of that what do you think the outcome will be and why? 

I realize that the Colts (although formerly in division) are more of a new rivalry.  Pats/Jets hatred goes back a ways.  Its Boston/New York, etc. 

It is time to get your feelings and analysis on the table on this thread. 

What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Excitement is building...Can you hear it? Colts/Jets

I say that the team with the best D and running game in the NFL wins.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Everybody is rooting for the Jets, as much as we dislike them, we hate the whiney, don't dare to go for it, let the jets back into the playoffs Colts.

Go Jets and Saints

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"

Alright Pats fans - 2 of your most disliked franchises are pitting themselves against one another in the AFCCG.  Who do you want and regardless of that what do you think the outcome will be and why? 

I realize that the Colts (although formerly in division) are more of a new rivalry.  Pats/Jets hatred goes back a ways.  Its Boston/New York, etc. 

It is time to get your feelings and analysis on the table on this thread. 

What say you?" Dogg
    -----------------------

Not all of us are homers :)

I like watching the Jets and Colts - plus, the Steelers and 49ers too.

Would I rather see the Patriots playing against them in the playoffs? Sure, but it's really not a big deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Early poll says pats fans want the Jets more than the Colts.  Looks like the rivalry is shifting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll take the question on face value and answer honestly.

Much as I am loathe to admit it, I am rooting for Green New Jersey . . .

But they won't challenge. They won't even be competitive. They never had any business in the playoffs in the first place, and if San Dago wasn't such a notorious choke-lock, would now be home in New Jersey where they belong, talking.

That's what the Jests are good at.

Talking.

I've been so amused lately at all this run about how Green New Jersey has the # 1 running game and the # 1 defense and they're "peaking at the right time."

It is to laugh.

The Jests got three missed field goals, two interceptions, one uncharacteristic breakout run for a touchdown and an idiotic onsides kick strategy and still barely escaped the Kings of Choke.

The Colts are going to kill them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonlany. Show jonlany's posts

Go JETS! from a PATS fan...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Yeah Yeah Pee-Mike, keep trying to rationalize why your team is NOT playing while the Jets have won 2 playoff games...how many did yours win??? Your comments show that you are of base in every way and cannot see that they are the better team right now in comparison to your Patsies. Keep at it loser and watch the game in mommies basement

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I've been so amused lately at all this run about how Green New Jersey has the # 1 running game and the # 1 defense and they're "peaking at the right time."

It is to laugh.

The Jests got three missed field goals, two interceptions, one uncharacteristic breakout run for a touchdown and an idiotic onsides kick strategy and still barely escaped the Kings of Choke.

The Colts are going to kill them." PMIKE
    --------------

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good :)

The Patriots have had their share of luck during their golden years of past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

I'll be rooting for the NFC team in the bowl - dislike both Colts and Jets. 
    Think the Colts will destroy the Jets and I'll easily be able to live with that.  The Colts are year in and year out a good to great team and challenge us to be better.  Manning has definitely earned the right to play on the big stage, even if I am sick of seeing him on every darn TV commercial (he'll probably even be selling maxi pads if he wins another bowl).  The only thing I truly despise about Indy is Polian, didn't like Dungy either but he's gone.
    The Jets on the other hand are completely despicable.  They don't even play in the city they supposedly represent.  Ryan is an overweight disgusting embarrassment.  His team are a bunch of thugs, and they have yet proven to me they are as good as their current playoff position should indicate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

MarkyMark is just bitter. Ryan is fat, duh. Belicheck is a zombie who's press conferences are more like funerals than anything else. And please identify the "thugs" on the team. You just don't like the fact that they play hard nosed D and even worse, you can't stand that Tammy is changing diapers and posing for feminine hygiene commercials while the Jets have won both of their playoff games (and NE won how many??)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

I would like to see the Jets win, just to completely debunk Polian's strategy of tanking the last two regular season games to improve his chances of a successful Super Bowl run. But I think Indy will win going away, but lose to NO in the SB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Colts 23 - Jets 9

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 4/26/2007
    Last: 1/22/2010
    Colts 23 - Jets 9

So a Colts O that averages 26 PPG going against a Jets D that gives up 14.8 ppg is going to score 23 points?

Indy D has given up 19.2 PPG and Jets O have scored 21.8PPG this season....

Call me crazy, but this all signs point to this game being much closer than 23 to 9.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Colts will win 17-6.  The game will be close until the Colts get a TD in the 4th quarter and the Jets aren't able to answer.  Colts won't choke like the Chargers and Manning has always played well against Ryan's defense.  Most fans won't admit that pulling starters in week 16 was a good idea, but Caldwell/Polian are starting to look smart for keeping players healthy and providing opportunity to heal.  Lost the battle to win the was analogy.  It was still the whimpish thing to do.  What if?  What if?     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey Dogg!  Yes, I hear it....its the methane gas oozing from your dome stadium from all of the BS espoused by Rex Ryan and goober during his last ping pong commercial. I hear there is going to be a new commercial for just this weekend, goober, archie, rex and sanchize....playing poker. Goober opens the commercial, "I'll raise you ONE umpire and TWO Line judges....rex says he'll fold...just like you did in the 15th game"!!!!! Like 99% of Patriot Nation...I will be rooting for the NFC Team in the Super Bowl for only the second time since super bowl I....last time was when your fraud team beat up on Rex Grossman and the Bears!  Rex was the MVP for your team as I recall...no wait...the head lines man...no wait...the field judge......who was the MVP????? It was Goober wasn't it????  This weekend, I hope the two AFC contenders beat the crap out of each other....yeh...that sounds like a great weekend
     to me!

Did you see the thread on the ratio of calls for either team??? What is your prediction Dogg????  How many PIs does goober get this week?????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Go team go rah rah rah go team go......who's playing again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Whoopdie freakin' do. So 99% of you will be pulling for the NFC team. For the rest of this week (and the next 2 before the Super) you will have to listen endlessly about how either the Jets or the Colts will be playing in the big game while yours gets in their next round of golf or whatever people no longer relevant do. Sounds like fun to me just picturing the steam coming out of Patsie Nation for the next 2 weeks....anything else to add Dogg??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Everybody is rooting for the Jets, as much as we dislike them, we hate the whiney, don't dare to go for it, let the jets back into the playoffs Colts.

I agree. Who wants to root for quitters? The Jets at least have shown some nads.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots have played 99 games vs the Jets(48-50-1), 99 vs Bills(58-40-1), 86 vs Dolphins(37-49), and 70 vs Colts(42-28).

These teams have been our rivals pretty much since the beginning. That being said I hope the Jets win. With their outspoken coach, the Jets have become likeable underdogs. However, if Mangini was still there I would root for the Colts.

The Colts, Saints and Vikings have been the top teams in the league all season. They have all continued playing great into the playoffs. One of those three teams will be the NFL champions. I think the Colts will win a low scoring(I hope), hard fought game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The sad thing is, the Jets are going to have to beat the Colts and the refs. 

Could care less who wins this one, as long as we see a decent game.  But either team is going to have to deal with Minn or NO next week.  The question is, if you were to ask the two remaining NFC teams which AFC team they prepare for, who would it be?  Jets or Colts?

My guess is, both Minn and NO would probably be thinking about prepping for the Colts.   My take is, Colts 24, Jets 20.  And yes, both defenses will give up that many points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

underdogg... you sure are a glutton for punishment!  (-;

My two cents...  I couldn't care less who wins.  But, like I said in the poll on this site, gun to head, the Colts.

These are THE two teams in the league who just happen to get under the skin of most, if not all, Pats fans.  In a way, we are starting the see something akin to what we saw when the Pats were in the SB at 18 - 0, but not so extreme towards one team.  Many folks hate the "love fest" the media seems to heep upon the Colts and Manning, while the jawing mouths of the Jets are making everyone laugh.  You can't take away from what each team has accomplished, they are in the AFCCG.  Colts by way of a relatively easy schedule ( I won't go where many others have gone.. (-; ) and the Jets via the back door left open by the Colts and Bengals.  As a football fan, my interest is to see a good game, but, if the day is nice, I'm out on the links! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I don't like the Colts, but I hate the Jets. No way in hell I'll be rooting for the Jets. They are the enemy. I think it's safe to say we know who Belicheck and Kraft will be rooting for.

Sections
Shortcuts