Expanded playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Expanded playoffs?

Goodell says they are (pretty much) going to expand the playoffs to 14 teams.

I vote a big NO. 12 is enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Expanded playoffs?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

...and have more 8-8 or worse teams in the hunt?  This proposal dilutes the playoffs and is only designed to generate revenue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Your real vote (like mine) was in favor of everything the $44M Man does.  We vote by subscribing to cable/network services which pay the NFL huge sums to televise the games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

No, no, no. NO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Horrible idea, but the greedy owners of course will approve it like the dogs they are.  Making the playoffs should be an accomplishment not something that half the teams in the league qualify for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Horrible idea, but the greedy owners of course will approve it like the dogs they are.  Making the playoffs should be an accomplishment not something that half the teams in the league qualify for.

It ain't broke. Stop fkn trying to fix it!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

About the only good thing about it is that it is not 16 teams.  There is still an advantage to finishing first in the conference.  Maybe another.  It would help stop something like the Cassel year where we finished 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Well once its official, i'll be happy for 1 reason and 1 reason only, i will be able to drop direct TV since I will no longer be concerned with the regular season. I only get direct TV for the NFL package to catch the Pats when they are not on TV down here in VA.

My personal feeling is this will make the NFL no better than the NHL or NBA, why bother watching regular season, it won't matter anyways just wait till January when the playoffs start.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

The only way I would consider it, is if NFL expands and makes 2 more teams. If they want to make more money why not consider adding 2 more teams? I rather that. One in Canada and the other in Mexico City. I'm telling you, that would be successful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

They'll do it...they are so greedy that the owners know two more teams will make a big payday and receipts from a sold out stadium and concessions...that's really the only reason they'll do it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

They'll do it...they are so greedy that the owners know two more teams will make a big payday and receipts from a sold out stadium and concessions...that's really the only reason they'll do it...

I'd accept it. It'll be a chance to see more stars come into the game and also more competition. Yes they will be horrible for a few years but it would be interesting to watch the transformation happen. Better than a team in London.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I say no, but Goodell is determined to put his own stamp on the league. 18-22 game season coming soon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

More games will mean more serious injuries and shorter careers.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I love idea, heck it didn't hurt Baseball.  You add a wildcard play in game....big whoop. it's all about keeping hope alive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Is there such a thing as too much football?

Is there enough talent and good teams to support even Thursday night football?

Will the league lose it's focus and meaning with more playoff games?

What is the purpose of it, will it make the league better?

What is driving this need for profit, don't the owners have enough money now?

Baseball is killing itself, is it football's turn now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The system was already screwed up; 11-5 Patriots in 2008 don't make the playoffs but the 8-8 San Diego Chargers do by default because they win their horrid division, and now they'll dilute the talent in the Super Bowl by playing another round... brutal.  

They have the best game ever, other than raising the goal post for kicks I can't find anything wrong or worth changing.  Someone tell the owners to stop being greedy and not ruin a good thing.  Let them play ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Such a joke..Mark Cuban was right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Don't like it one bit. Dilutes the product.  Even 12 is too many for me; I'd rather have 10.  

I think Goodell is trying to get the Jets in the playoffs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

Don't like it one bit. Dilutes the product.  Even 12 is too many for me; I'd rather have 10.  

I think Goodell is trying to get the Jets in the playoffs!

How about 8 teams?  All division winners and the next best record.  For al intents and purposes it guarantees all teams in the playoffs have winning records. Granted, this will NEVER happen as the league wants more playoff games and revenue.

If the greed of the NFL does result in a 14 team playoff schedule, I would like to see the playoffs set up in which all the teams are seeded.  In this way, there WILL be emphasis to win every game to the end.  Imagine a division champ (already had clinched the division) is 9 - 6 and there is a team in another division which is 10-5 and not a division champ.  That division champ NEEDS to win, and hopes the other team loses, in order to get a better seed than the non-division champ in the playoffs.  (At 10 - 6 each, the division champ gets the higher seed over the non-division champ team) Talk about making their last game of the season interesting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Agreed! If Goodell and the owners continue to ignore the sentiments of the fans strictly in favor of the all mighty dollar, the worm will eventually turn on these guys.

Both the NHL and NBA damaged the popularity of their respective sport by over-expanding, and rendering their regular season meaningless by including too many teams in their playoffs. Unfortunately, the Goodell led NFL appears to be heading down that road as well. 

When faced with these types of decisions, it would be wise policy for both Goodell and the owners to see which side Jerrah Jones favors...and then vote the opposite way. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

+10

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

+10

Agreed! If Goodell and the owners continue to ignore the sentiments of the fans strictly in favor of the all mighty dollar, the worm will eventually turn on these guys.

Both the NHL and NBA damaged the popularity of their respective sport by over-expanding, and rendering their regular season meaningless by including too many teams in their playoffs. Unfortunately, the Goodell led NFL appears to be heading down that road as well. 

When faced with these types of decisions, it would be wise policy for both Goodell and the owners to see which side Jerrah Jones favors...and then vote the opposite way. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I'm with you.  That's the problem with leagues like the NBA and NHL.  A team hardly has to worry about being good during the regular season to make it to the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

For most of the teams, this is more than just additional revenue. There are 32 teams, most of which have little hope of making it to the playoffs. For these teams, which have less confidence in their abilities, this is their only way to thee playoffs. Of course most teams will vote yes. 

In our eyes, there should be no change. However, try looking at it from the perspective of teams who perrenially are looking in from the outside, during playoffs.

Can you guess how NYJ would vote? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Big NO too!  NFL shouldn't change, they'll ruin themselves if they tinker too much!   Greed will do this league in if they are not careful.

Sections
Shortcuts