Expect a big postseason from Woodhead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Expect a big postseason from Woodhead

This guy always comes through when the team needs someone to rise up.  A touchdown in last year's super bowl, 2 drive saving performances to win the game against the Jets earlier this year, giving life to our offense against the 49ers ... Woodhead is our most underappreciated and most reliable playmaker.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Expect a big postseason from Woodhead

Im expecting big things. He was hurt last year and you can def. see the diff. this year in his explosion. They need to keep utilizing him out the backfield because he is a tough cover and will require you to put your coverage backer on him freeing up either Gronk or Hernandez on a safety or a backer who cant cover.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I agree.  He always comes in and provides a spark and is grossly underrated by a lot of Pats fans.  Love me some Woody and I hope they incorporate some more screen action for him and Vereen.

Heavy dose of ground and pound this postseason with an average of Ridley (20 carries), Bolden (7 carries), Woody(7 carries, mostly draws with a few screens) and Vereen (3 carries with a few screens). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm still not convinced that BB trusts the running game in a close/big game.

Woodhead is obviously the go to guy in pass situations and the no huddle.

I hope it doesn't necessarily come to that, because then this offense is pretty much no different than in previous years

Ridley is the go-to guy when they have a big lead and are trying to milk the clock.

Woodhead is who they go to when behind and in close games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope he's not over-used, because that means we aren't going to a SB.    Love Woodhead, but only in small doses. That's really why he's been better this year. He's been used better, because we've committed more to a run game in 2012 as compared to 2011.

He's not a lead back.

Expect a big postseason from Ridley.

[/QUOTE]

always gotta ruin a thread with your hate. He was hurt last year and he still represents the best option when we are in shotgun and playing up tempo which is our strengh wether you care to admit it or not.  Ridley will be given his chances early and best believe if he isnt ripping off atleast 5 to 6 yards he WILL take a backseat to Woody and watch on the sidelines while our hurry up puts up points in a hurry.  I dont care how they do it actually but be prepared to be disappointed if Houston stuffs the run early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hope so, love Woodhead on 3rd downs. Not quite Faulk level but he is still one of the best clutch guys on 3rd down in the game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I wold like to see Ridley get 18-20 running plays, Vereen 6-8 touches and Woody 6-8 touches. All depends if the Oline is opening holes for these guys and allowing Brady time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Great change of pace guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's almost as good as Darren Sproles is when it comes down to 3rd down effiecency, but only he's only great as a 3rd downback. He's no lead back and he won't stay healthy if they use him as one. 

I hardly think he's unappreciated. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's almost as good as Darren Sproles is when it comes down to 3rd down effiecency, but only he's only great as a 3rd downback. He's no lead back and he won't stay healthy if they use him as one. 

[/QUOTE]

You seem to hate a lot of our players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You seem to hate a lot of our players.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but you surely can't say I hate Woodhead, can you? I just called him one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I hope he's not over-used, because that means we aren't going to a SB.    Love Woodhead, but only in small doses. That's really why he's been better this year. He's been used better, because we've committed more to a run game in 2012 as compared to 2011.

He's not a lead back.

Expect a big postseason from Ridley.

[/QUOTE]

always gotta ruin a thread with your hate. He was hurt last year and he still represents the best option when we are in shotgun and playing up tempo which is our strengh wether you care to admit it or not.  Ridley will be given his chances early and best believe if he isnt ripping off atleast 5 to 6 yards he WILL take a backseat to Woody and watch on the sidelines while our hurry up puts up points in a hurry.  I dont care how they do it actually but be prepared to be disappointed if Houston stuffs the run early.

[/QUOTE]

How is that hate?  It's actually a compliment that a guy who is more of a Faulk type player, can actually produce at a high level so consistently when not a starter.

Stop trying to start fights with your AWFUL reading comprehension tied into it. You annoy everyone here with it.

Because I thin it's critical we lean on a run game throughout these playoffs without using him, this means I hate Woodhead?

You're so childish.

He got hurt last year because he IS NOT a lead back!   Get it?  We willl lose if we use too much of him because it will mean we've used too much shotgun spread base. Get over it, it's the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Whenever our run game has stalled and they went to hurry up he has come through bIg. I understand he is not a fulltime back. Your hate was evidenced by the fact you brought up Ridley when the thread is about Woody. U said he isnt a lead back. This we know and noone suggested that and then you make your comment about us not going anywhere if he is overused and like I said if Ridley gets stuffed they wont bang their heads and Woody will be the feature back if they go hurry up and that IS the best way for this team to score, its been proven but u choose to ignore it. I want to run as much as anyone but like Mike Lombardi said this morning. Running the ball means you arent gonna score as much and there in lies the crux of all your arguments that you still dont get. We pass more because we cant afford to play like the Vikings on offense with a defense that gives up so many yards and last I checked it was YOU that annoys everyone here not me, so stop it. Dont  make me provide the proof. Just because YOU say it, dont make it true. I have yet to hear anyone say I was annoying outside of you. Can you say the same???   lol, I think not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm feeling that Hernandez has that big game. If he can hold the ball, there will be an over emphasis on Gronk and maybe the running game. Texas knows we want to run, we know they want to run as well   This might end up being more in the air then people think. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea i expect woody to have a very good game on sunday and the rest of the playoffs shall they advance....he is definitely one of the more unsung heroes of the team.