Expect a Close Game Thursday...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Expect a Close Game Thursday...

If you're expecting a blowout win over the Jets Thrusday night, it might be wise to temper your expectations.  We're facing a short week of preparation, and have some injury questions to deal with.  Vereen will be out for sure, Amendola probably won't be 100%, Sudfeld iffy, Dobson iffy...  Plus it's still early and our offense clearly isn't in sink yet.  The Jets will be amped up since this is essentially their Super Bowl.  I expect another close, hard-fought game.  We are going to be a very good team this year, but I think it will take a month or so for our team to gel and find its identity.  I'll be thrilled with any sort of win Thursday night, no matter how ugly it may be, and I certainly don't think it is a sure thing.  Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGronk87. Show TheGronk87's posts

Re: Expect a Close Game Thursday...

Yeah this game will be another battle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I am expecting a sequel to the butt fumble.

Loyal Pats fan since '71

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

When did early division games became cakewalks?? Bufallo 2003 anyone?!  I expect another battle and I welcome it. Thats the problem here. Everyone wants nice , fluffy blowouts in the regular season but that has got us no where. We need to be tested and its a good thing as long as we pass the test. So far, so Good!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Vegas doesnt agree with your prediction, jets are 14 pt dogs right now...  

It would be nice to steal on from you guys on your home field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

Well, I hope Vegas is right, LOL!  However, if I'm laying money on this one, I'd probably take NYJ and the 14 points...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Considering it took a last minute screw up by the Bucs for them to win yesterday?

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:

Loyal Pats fan since '71

That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Considering it took a last minute screw up by the Bucs for them to win yesterday?

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

your not alone in that thinking princess.  didnt I see your farewell post a few weeks back?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loyal Pats fan since '71

That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

[/QUOTE]

buttfumble has been retired (i wish)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I expect it to be close.  Division games are always tougher and let's not forget, the Jets took the Pats to overtime at Foxboro last season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

If you're expecting a blowout win over the Jets Thrusday night, it might be wise to temper your expectations.  We're facing a short week of preparation, and have some injury questions to deal with.  Vereen will be out for sure, Amendola probably won't be 100%, Sudfeld iffy, Dobson iffy...  Plus it's still early and our offense clearly isn't in sink yet.  The Jets will be amped up since this is essentially their Super Bowl.  I expect another close, hard-fought game.  We are going to be a very good team this year, but I think it will take a month or so for our team to gel and find its identity.  I'll be thrilled with any sort of win Thursday night, no matter how ugly it may be, and I certainly don't think it is a sure thing.  Go Pats!

BB appeared to make a conscious decision to be very vanilla on defense, against the Bills. The focus was on stopping C.J. Spiller, which the Patriots did. BB didn't think that E.J. Manuel could beat him, regardless of how much time he gave him to throw. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Geno Smith. Does BB unleash the dogs by blitzing Smith on Thursday night? Or, does he continue on the vanilla plan...so as not to show anything to some real NFL competition in Weeks 3 & 4, in Atlanta and Cincinnati?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

When did early division games became cakewalks?? Bufallo 2003 anyone?!  I expect another battle and I welcome it. Thats the problem here. Everyone wants nice , fluffy blowouts in the regular season but that has got us no where. We need to be tested and its a good thing as long as we pass the test. So far, so Good!

Agree with this 87-92%...  The thing is a good thumping of the jets is always nice and completely called for.  I could see this game getting away from Geno boy in his first Foxboro opening night with BB staring him down from the sidelines. 

The home team can feed off the crowd more in these Thursday versions of the NFL product which are more reliant on the adrenal  glands of the players.  Especially this early in the year. 

All that said , it'll probably be a close game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Agree with this 87-92%...  The thing is a good thumping of the jets is always nice and completely called for.  I could see this game getting away from Geno boy in his first Foxboro opening night with BB staring him down from the sidelines. 

The home team can feed off the crowd more in these Thursday versions of the NFL product which are more reliant on the adrenal  glands of the players.  Especially this early in the year. 

All that said , it'll probably be a close game.

lol, make no mistake, I will always welcome a blow out. Outside of the b tt fumble, I cant recall having so much free time during the game. I caught up on my soaps. Filed my tax return. It was a real laugher. I always welcome those. if it comes early this year, so be it. Geno looked ok, he will only get better so may as well jump on him now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to YanksHess' comment:

Hey I want to post a picture of Brady fumbling as my avatar-How do I do that?

You need to find a video with him fumbling.Good luck with that,he does it so rarely.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

Pats will blow out the Jets on this one. It will be over by the third. Mallett will finish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

wheres the giants trolls today?  6 wins for every ny team this season. Sorry state it is.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't even have to read any posts... Any given Sunday, man.  Everytime there is a who will win survey, I pick "Patriots in a close game"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

That's what I thought might happen in the Buffalo game. I feel the opposite about this game. On Sunday the Patriots played as poorly as I've seen them play in a long time. I don't think that happens again on Thursday. And the Jets are, well, the Jets.

I know it's just one game. And it's Buffalo. But the Pats defense played pretty well. They are going up against another rookie QB. One who is reported to have serious maturity/leadership issues.

I think we win this game by double digits and get a nice long rest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Vegas  doesn't set odds on the basis of who is going to win but on how to get people to bet

The jests have a good Dlines and some players behind them.

They will use an exotic defense to not give  TB a clear shot at the defense

It will probably be more m2m which TB has more problems with - especially if our recvrs and vereen  are as hurt as they are.

On D expect to see the same strategy as against the bills rookie qb

Smith can run and has a strong arm. we should be able to stop the run and there isn't a lot of speed. keep everything in front and maker rookie throw to lousy WRs

jets lucked out against TB. The NFL is calling tricky tack fouls.

Im hoping that this is a team that will allow the rookies to get better.

I was surprised that Collins played so little. The Pats are still in the first stages of gelling. in someways we are in the second training camp

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts