Expect a Close Game Thursday...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Expect a Close Game Thursday...

The plays I saw flipping back and forth to the jests game they like running the wildcat with smith   We should be ready for it. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

When did early division games became cakewalks?? Bufallo 2003 anyone?!  I expect another battle and I welcome it. Thats the problem here. Everyone wants nice , fluffy blowouts in the regular season but that has got us no where. We need to be tested and its a good thing as long as we pass the test. So far, so Good!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Agree with this 87-92%...  The thing is a good thumping of the jets is always nice and completely called for.  I could see this game getting away from Geno boy in his first Foxboro opening night with BB staring him down from the sidelines. 

The home team can feed off the crowd more in these Thursday versions of the NFL product which are more reliant on the adrenal  glands of the players.  Especially this early in the year. 

All that said , it'll probably be a close game.

lol, make no mistake, I will always welcome a blow out. Outside of the b tt fumble, I cant recall having so much free time during the game. I caught up on my soaps. Filed my tax return. It was a real laugher. I always welcome those. if it comes early this year, so be it. Geno looked ok, he will only get better so may as well jump on him now.

Exactly....  I like the fact that rex Ryan is still the jets coach , lol.  Or is that really him...?  Kind of quiet, businesslike.  Boring.   The last regretful moment of boastful bravado was preseason 2011... when he said (paraphrasing):

" can we get a little help from the rest of the league, you know , beating new England...?  That's all we need since it seems we are the only ones beating them... " 

This after the Welker benching playoff game jets won.

2 things since then:

Jets have not beaten New England.

And Belichick has not benched a player for a stupid comment to the media.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It'll be in the Jets best interest to slow this game down and keep it low scoring.  That's what I'm expecting.
    Ridley will have to step up and hold on to the ball (goes without saying). I wish they didn't have to force Amendola in there but they almost have no choice.

Only way this game is not close if we get good game out of Thompkins and/or Boyce and some good runs out of Blount or Bolden . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ryan...specifically called out DA and Edelman in his presser.......he is going to shut down those options I bet..or try to..hope BB has a plan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I am predicting a 24-20 finish...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Ryan...specifically called out DA and Edelman in his presser.......he is going to shut down those options I bet..or try to..hope BB has a plan

I'm sure the Bills knew in the 4th quater the ball was going to Amendola but for some reason he kept on getting it .  Brady has a knack of getting the ball in to these receivers and I'm guessing he'll do the same thursday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Yeah, could be a tough low scoring game, not expecting a lot from our offense unless they can get the running game going.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IMHO - this may be a season like those we experienced in the early 2000's in which the Pats grind out win after win.  Those fans who have visions of game after game of 30+ points and double digit wins need to temper those thoughts and simply accept  the fact a win is a WIN!  There isn't an NFL team out there who will simply lay it down because they are playing the Pats.  As a matter of fact, they want to prove something by beating the Pats.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, would love to see a butt-fumble-game remake however I think it will be close.  Perhaps not a 2 point win but probably less than a TD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Yeah, could be a tough low scoring game, not expecting a lot from our offense unless they can get the running game going.

4.5 ypc is not good enough of a running game for you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

4.5 ypc is not good enough of a running game for you?

LMAO they only had the 2nd most rushing yards in week 1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

To be fair Vereen made 101 of those yards and he isn't playing Thursday.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Happened on the first play he was in there and he still did that.  MVP!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My spread is 11.3 points.  That's not close.  This number should be tempered with Amendola being out for the Jets game but it's still not close.

The Jets looked pretty lousy, and they came within one out-of-bounds personal foul of losing their first game.  I'll chalk it up to creative taunting on the Jets' part.

The Jets have a short week too, and they're in a state of chaos (New Jersey).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

No doubt Vereen will be missed. If Ridley holds onto the ball they will be fine. He had 9/46 @5.1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And Vegas has Pats as 12.5 point favorites??? Give me Jets and points!!!! This game will be won by a field goal HOPEFULLY by Pats

"Cancel those reservations!" Willie McGinest, Heinz field  Jan 27,2002 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Vegas  doesn't set odds on the basis of who is going to win but on how to get people to bet

Actually, Vegas odds are a good statistical consensus on likely outcomes. Because there is real money behind it, personal biases towards the team that the bettors follow are left out as much as possible. The bets are based on what the bettors think are realistic outcomes. 

Unlike in a pseudo survey like you have here, there will be people like me who can always say it will be a blow out. I'd be foolish to do that if I had to bet real money.

Another thing you should keep in mind... Vegas has gotten much more sophisticated in the last decade, and there is much more information available to the betting public. I suspect that the betting public is much more informed and can evaluate stats much better and do so much more regularly than the casual fans. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:A year later and I still chuckle over this!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I hope Josh prepares better for this game.  

On offense what I'd like (and hope) to see is more 2-back sets in this game.  Considering the lack of depth at TE and WR this is a game that screams for the running game.  Use Develin as a blocker for as many reps as he can handle.  He should be used in support of Ridley and Wash (assuming he plays).  Just give him a blow when Blount subs for Ridley.

On defense they should be able to apply more pressure than they did against Buffalo.  The Jets have no RB of Spiller's ability so I hope to see them really getting after Smith.  Sure, stop the run and force them to pass, but bring more pressure than the last game - the Jets don't have a breakaway back that you have to respect.

Above all, force the Jets into long drives.  No turnovers to give them a short field.  If the Pats don't turn the ball over they should win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Patriots are 26-14 against the Jets since in 1994, with Brady completing 67.6 percent of his passes and throwing 13 touchdowns with one interception during the winning streak in this series.  New England may struggle in the early going offensively in 2013, as it learns how to play without big name players.

Recent Trends to Consider and NFL Points Spreads:
    Over is 5-0-1 in the last 6 meetings in New England.
    Over is 7-0-1 in the last 8 meetings.
    Road team is 21-8-1 ATS in their last 30 meetings.
    Patriots are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 Thursday games.
    Patriots are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
    Jets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
    Patriots are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
    Jets are 1-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
    Jets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 vs. AFC.

NY Jets vs New England Patriots
    When: Thursday Sept 12@8:20 PM ET
    Pick: Pats -12.5

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Sections
Shortcuts