Expectations for playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Expectations for playoffs?

Injury depleted Pats benefit from weak division - my prediction 10-6 Pats get 3 seed, win in close game at home in wildcard round, then lose at Cincy in divisional round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Expectations for playoffs?

Wow, you see 4 more losses? To who??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Injury depleted Pats benefit from weak division - my prediction 10-6 Pats get 3 seed, win in close game at home in wildcard round, then lose at Cincy in divisional round.

LOL, what? No worse than 12-4 in my book.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Cincy? Really? Don`t u think that we learned how to beat they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Pending some massive upsets, I think we go at least 11-5. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

As for last 8 games, I think your hard pressed to find anybody who thinks Pats will beat Denver, Balt    beat Pats 2 straight, (should be 3 straight), Carolina will be tough game, and Cleveland as well. Even if injury depleted Pats do manage 12-4 there is no way they get past Denver. Pats offense cant score enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

12-4, Super bowl Championship!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Ya right - when i said Pats win close game in wildcard round Im HOPING they arent 1 and done. Problem is to win SB Brady would have to play 3 or 4 good games in a row. He hasnt had 2 good playoff games in a row since the 2007 season...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Super Bowl Champs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Super Bowl Champs

LOL - I was going to call the thread REALISTIC expectations for playoffs. Funny how nobody has Pats beating Denver in the regular season game, but somehow Pats beat them in playoffs to get to SB. Oh well its nice to dream

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Funny how nobody has Pats beating Denver in the regular season game,

This is not true.

but somehow Pats beat them in playoffs to get to SB. Oh well its nice to dream

Even if the above was true this does not follow.  I suggest you take a look at the Broncos' depth chart and tell me who is at QB.  That should answer your question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

As for last 8 games, I think your hard pressed to find anybody who thinks Pats will beat Denver, Balt    beat Pats 2 straight, (should be 3 straight), Carolina will be tough game, and Cleveland as well. Even if injury depleted Pats do manage 12-4 there is no way they get past Denver. Pats offense cant score enough.

Denver hasn't beaten a winning team yet this year and you think the Pats will lose to them? Everybody knows that the Broncs are one and done in the playoffs, that is how they built that team!

Pats minimum 12-4 and Superbowl bound

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

11-5, win the first game, lose the second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'll let you know in 8 or 9 weeks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I think 11-5 but would not be surprised with 10-6.  What would surprise me is anything better then 11-5.

I'm a realist and I'm sorry, as of right now I don't see a shot at going to the SB let alone winning it.  Would I like it, of course.  Will I cheer each Sunday for it, of course.  Will I be surprised if we don't make it, not at all. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Allen rumors aside, I actually think the Pats will beat Broncos - not in reg season, but in the playoffs. Pats win their divisional but may not win against KCC, who I think will make it to the AFCCG.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think our D can hold on, but no more IRs

I have never been happier for the bye afte Pitts , a should win

so at 7-2 ?

Now 6-2

At beginning of season I said

3-1 against nfc. Now 3-0. Left Car. 1-0

5-1 div  Now 3-1. Left Buf, Mia          2--0

3-1 a agaist AFC central. Now  0-1 left Pit, Cle, Balt. 3-0

1-1 with remaing  AFC. Div winners last year  0-0  den, Hous 1-1

12-4.   Now 6-2.     Left 7-1 less 1 bad game = 12-4

3 rd seed

We get one PO game against 6 seed  1-0

We meet Den WC here we win

Weplay Cin /kcfor AFC at Cin/kc We win their Qb sux in big game

SB vs  Seat. Because they are home thru out

Seat sux away and in NYC in cold and Pats are Victorious in home of jets and giants

Please let me dream, I believe Pats O will be near old form

I will only say this, I saw Giants and Balt during their SB seasons and they sexed. 

we just have to be healthy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya right - when i said Pats win close game in wildcard round Im HOPING they arent 1 and done. Problem is to win SB Brady would have to play 3 or 4 good games in a row. He hasnt had 2 good playoff games in a row since the 2007 season...

When has the team had 2 good games in a row?  When has the D not given up the lead or tie in the last minute? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

When has the team had 2 good games in a row?  When has the D not given up the lead or tie in the last minute? 

Um, how about this year! They had 4 good games in a row. In answer to your second query, this year again! They have done it 6 times. 

I guess you aren't a fan since you didn't know the Pats have won 6 games this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why not go for the gusto and say they go ALL THE WAY??!!

Everyone and their uncle here say the team is, in spite of the current crop of injuries, improving from where they are now.  To my knowledge, there are only 2 players on IR, Wilfork and Mayo, with other injured players coming back as the season progresses with continual improvement from the new kids.  It can only get better and, in my mind, that bodes well for the team.  There seems to be some folks here who think the Pats just can't get better as the season progresses. I prefer the glass is still half full and getting fuller.  Apparently, the missing ingredient to most here is the Pats have yet to look "impressive" this season and, until they do, that is what most of the naysayers here are looking for from this team.  IMHO, this is a Pats team similar to what we experienced in the beginning of the SB run, lots of surprises with little expectations.  They just kept winning the big games!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Why not go for the gusto and say they go ALL THE WAY??!!

Everyone and their uncle here say the team is, in spite of the current crop of injuries, improving from where they are now.  To my knowledge, there are only 2 players on IR, Wilfork and Mayo, with other injured players coming back as the season progresses with continual improvement from the new kids.  It can only get better and, in my mind, that bodes well for the team.  There seems to be some folks here who think the Pats just can't get better as the season progresses. I prefer the glass is still half full and getting fuller.  Apparently, the missing ingredient to most here is the Pats have yet to look "impressive" this season and, until they do, that is what most of the naysayers here are looking for from this team.  IMHO, this is a Pats team similar to what we experienced in the beginning of the SB run, lots of surprises with little expectations.  They just kept winning the big games!  

Vollmer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

LOL, what? No worse than 12-4 in my book.  

I agree.  I see Denver and one upset loss.  They are favorites in all the rest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Super Bowl Champs

LOL - I was going to call the thread REALISTIC expectations for playoffs. Funny how nobody has Pats beating Denver in the regular season game, but somehow Pats beat them in playoffs to get to SB. Oh well its nice to dream

Sort of like the Giants in the 16-0 season, huh?  Only this time WE are the "Giants".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Fletch...  Did not see anything about Vollmer until today after I posted my comment.

SLGDEV....   you are correct.  Just because some predict here the Pats may not defeat the Broncos in the regular season (like some said about defeating the Saints) does not necessarily mean they'll play the Broncos in the playoffs.  Some other team could knock the Broncos off and the Pats may not have to face them in the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts