Expectations for WR Jeremy Ebert?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Expectations for WR Jeremy Ebert?

Pats do not develop WRs ... maybe they just draft the wrong guys? I don't see any previous Pats WR burning it up for another club, and a few of them have gotten that chance on teams with more openings than the Pats have.
    And the reverse has certainly happened - WRs that thrived on the Pats and left have not done much with their new teams. (Branch!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations for WR Jeremy Ebert?:
    [QUOTE]Pats do not develop WRs ... maybe they just draft the wrong guys? I don't see any previous Pats WR burning it up for another club, and a few of them have gotten that chance on teams with more openings than the Pats have. And the reverse has certainly happened - WRs that thrived on the Pats and left have not done much with their new teams. (Branch!)
    Posted by mia76[/QUOTE]

Or, not thrived with the Pats and seem to have done better. See Gaffney. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't know if he'll make the roster, but he might also make the practice squad.  I've learned not to put too much hope into late round picks. He's a chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Expectations for WR Jeremy Ebert? : Or, not thrived with the Pats and seem to have done better. See Gaffney. 
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Don't think Gaffney or Stallworth for that matter left because of not working in the system - they both left because Pats were only willing to pay them like #3 receivers and not as #1 or #2 receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think immediately he comes in and competes for a KR position. Given that was an area of weakness last year he could potential upgrade that position. Like Bredbru said, he's closer to a Welker then an Edelman at this point simply because of his experience as a WR as a whole. I see him competing for Edelmans spot on the roster and taking it over if he proves to be a better return man. But, I don't see him as a likely replacement for Welker next year if that's what some are thinking. He might never become the same type of WR that Welker is and if he does then it might time a couple years to get up to that level
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

agreed, agreed and agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Expectations for WR Jeremy Ebert? : This kid has everything you would want in a slot+ guy. MB already highlighted it. Like you, my concern is he gets lost in the shuffle and not developed properly. Seems to be the Pats MO with WRs.  I think he is an instant upgrade at WR over Edelman and Slater. My guess is he may even be able to supplant a couple of others on the roster. I think this kid could be productive year 1 in the PR/KR game, and with limited action at WR based on how they develop him and where he sits on the depth chart. I would make it a point to give him playing time if he shows good things in camp like he does on tape.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i'd trade Welker for Forte

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

The Pats have had better luck with WR later in the draft. They can't seem to develop their own receivers and when they do they are later round picks that leave for other teams for a bigger check. They might be able to do something with this guy. If he shows promise, bye bye Edelman.