Expectations of 2nd Round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Expectations of 2nd Round?

I'd say 1 pick on either Harrison Smith/ or a DT and the other traded back

Only 2 picks left, depending on what Waters does, DT, S, and G seem to be our biggest need

I think BB lays off the CB in the top 2 rounds this year

I have enough faith in Scar that we can draft a G in the later rounds should we trade back...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Expectations of 2nd Round?

BB loves second round picks.  He'll trade late-round 2013 picks if he feels like moving up a few notches in the second round.  Just as likely, he'll trade a second rounder for a 2013 first rounder, or if nothing strikes his fancy, he'll trade down and get more low-round picks.  On rare occasions he just stands pat and picks someone.

The last time he jumped up two slots for some player it was Gronkowski.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

S, WR, RB, OL all possibilites.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am hoping they do not use the picks to trade down for more picks........Use the picks for 2 players in the 2nd round!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

He traded up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Get Wolfe and I'm a very happy camper. That would finally complete the front 7 and get consistent pass rush to help the secondary.

The mid pick I'd want to trade back for a couple more picks to get a CB/FS convert and a KR (maybe a WR M Jones/Adams maybe a RB Rainey)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Janoris Jenkins if available?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of 2nd Round?:
    I am hoping they do not use the picks to trade down for more picks........Use the picks for 2 players in the 2nd round!
    Posted by Rocky

me too, if anything trade up and get jenkins, that would be sick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Use the first of their second round picks for Josh RObinson CB UCF who posted the fastest 40 time at the combine and is a top punt return prospect as well as a top 5 CB in the draft.  Now the second 2nd round pick I would trade for a 3rd and 5th round pick this year and take an interior Olineman in the 3rd to develop for depth and take the best player on the board in the 5th and call it a day.

Realisticly there are not too many (4 to 5 tops) slots for rookies on this roster. So you might as well maximise the potential by not picking any more then 5 players in this draft. Use the undrafted FA's for camp fodder and usually the Pats fins a diamond in the rough or two this way so that is how I would go about this draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hope they continue to build on the defensive side of the ball or maybe some interior or perimeter talent... could also see them trade back once or twice to acquire some later round and/or future picks.

If they stand pat (no pun intended):

48:  DL- Kendall Reyes / CB- Josh Johnson / WR- Alshon Jeffery / OG- Amini Silatolu

62:  LB- Ronnell Lewis / DL- Alameda Ta'amu / DL- Derek Wolfe / CB- Janoris Jenkins / CB- Jayron Hosley

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I would love to see Reyes, Jenkings or Worthy end up with the Pats. I dont mind if they trade up or see if one ill fall to them but this is a deep draft. If they stay at 48 I believe a very skilled player on offense or front front D will still be there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Janoris Jenkins if available?
    Posted by Rocky

Do it!!  What does it look like the chances of this happening are? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

We still need a dominant force to line up next to Wilfork on the D-line.  That and best player available in the secondary should be priorities.  Who those players might be is the question, as the remaining big names that jump out most likely won't be there by the time the Pats pick. 

Would love to see some more help on the O line, and a big wideout to groom behind all of the vets we have, but with only 2 picks left to us I'm not sure if that's going to be an option. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I hope they use the #48 on BPA and then trade the #61 for something like a 4th and a 2013 2nd ( no ones giving them a future 1st for a  pick at the end of the 2nd )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

BB loves second round picks.  He'll trade late-round 2013 picks if he feels like moving up a few notches in the second round.  Just as likely, he'll trade a second rounder for a 2013 first rounder, or if nothing strikes his fancy, he'll trade down and get more low-round picks.  On rare occasions he just stands pat and picks someone. The last time he jumped up two slots for some player it was Gronkowski.
    Posted by Paul_K

up for jeffery and jenkins
    into 2012 for an extra 3rd rd pick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Get Wolfe and I'm a very happy camper. That would finally complete the front 7 and get consistent pass rush to help the secondary. The mid pick I'd want to trade back for a couple more picks to get a CB/FS convert and a KR (maybe a WR M Jones/Adams maybe a RB Rainey)
    Posted by PatsEng

that would be awesoem eng!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I said in another thread the other day, Janoris Jenkins will go to the second round and Pats will pick him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: Expectations of 2nd Round?":
    We still need a dominant force to line up next to Wilfork on the D-line.  That and best player available in the secondary should be priorities.  Who those players might be is the question, as the remaining big names that jump out most likely won't be there by the time the Pats pick.  Would love to see some more help on the O line, and a big wideout to groom behind all of the vets we have, but with only 2 picks left to us I'm not sure if that's going to be an option.  Posted by agill1970
    I agree with the first part of this. Would like to see us upgrade the DL with Wolfe, trade back our other 2nd, grab a db and possibly a jackknife like Rainey. PatsEng put up some great suggestions on this point exactly. So, Wolfe Brooks Rainey

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I know it would be overkill, but I want Upshaw.  I think based on talent, he is worth it. We might not need him as much anymore, but I think he is going to be absolutely a beast.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

A lot of reporters/columnists are saying interest in JJ has been heating up....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Expectations of 2nd Round?:
    I'd say 1 pick on either Harrison Smith/ or a DT and the other traded back Only 2 picks left, depending on what Waters does, DT, S, and G seem to be our biggest need I think BB lays off the CB in the top 2 rounds this year I have enough faith in Scar that we can draft a G in the later rounds should we trade back...
    Posted by dapats1281

Smith is already drafted in the first round.  Write him off of the list.

More likely between Reyes of Uconn or Still of PSU or Jerkins.

Last pick will be a WR or RB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

hearing  will look DB and RB today or trade back, depending on what's available

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Reyes/Wolfe/Still/Worthy/Thompson
    Upshaw/Lewis/Branch
    JJ/Brooks/Minnifield/Trumaine Johnson/Josh Robinson
    Konz
    Randle/Hill/Jeffery/Streeter

I want 2 of any of the guys I just listed.
    I'll be happy with whatever BB does after the amazing first round we just had.

Ideally, JJ and Konz are ours by the end of round 2 but that wont happen.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts