Expectations of 2nd Round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Re: Expectations of 2nd Round?

In Response to Re: Expectations of 2nd Round?:
    Im hoping Josh Robinson. Speed kills.
    Posted by bobbysu

bob I would normally agree but the problem is not speed with our DB's see for yourself....

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Devin&l=McCourty&i=8565
    http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Ras-I&l=Dowling&i=6213

its just more like good instincts and experience is wat we lack. #Calling Daddy Jenkins.

We need an upgrade over brace and love just like we got an upgrade for ninkavich (w/ cj and fanene) # Still/Worthy/Wolfe/Reyes/Justin Tucklol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of 2nd Round? : bob I would normally agree but the problem is not speed with our DB's see for yourself.... http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Devin&l=McCourty&i=8565 http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Ras-I&l=Dowling&i=6213  its just more like good instincts and experience is wat we lack. #Calling Daddy Jenkins. We need an upgrade over brace and love just like we got an upgrade for ninkavich (w/ cj and fanene) # Still/Worthy/Wolfe/Reyes/Justin Tucklol
    Posted by PuPirate

you mean Hightower is the upgrade to Nink right?

Robinson's speed is even more elite than DMC and Ras-I, he would instantly upgrade the weak return game and afte a year of being coached up be a star CB by '13 ready to replace the snaps Arrington/Allen will get this year, that wouldbe great.

Fanene/Jones is an upgarde to Ellis/Anderson

Agree that a 300+lb DT type would be a welcome addition in rd 2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Keep going DEFENSE! Front 7 if possible. 

I'm sure they'll trade one of the 2nd rounders to grab a pick or two in tomorrows round 3-7.  I can't see them with no picks in rd 3-7.

GREAT JOB in RD 1!

Really like both picks!  Hopefully they'll impact that front 7 and a couple building blocks around Vince!  very nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

RB....why???????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I see the Pats as loaded and not in need of a lot of picks
    or positions.
    Defense; Front 7 is loaded
                DB's - still depends on I-Ras and McCourty
    Offense: QB is loaded
                 Receivers are not going to get better than what we have
                 Oline - a center ???
                 RB's - we won't get better than what we have
                         and there is always a rb near the end that will come here

If there is a clear DB that will play this year - ok
    if not - move out for next year
    there are only so many slots on the roster this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Mike Lombardi and Todd McShay as well as Casserly and others have said that the Patriots do not have spots on the roster for more then 4 or 5 rookies and they would have to be top rated rookies with the roster depth they have created in the off season. 
    First, I have said that all along so I agree. Second the spots likely to have room after the first round are DB's and Oline and WR and KR. So, taking this into account I would go after a DB or WR with return ability preferably a DB and with the second pick take an Olineman preferably a C or OG or someone with versatility of position.
    I want Josh Robinson a top DB and The best KR in the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he'll probably do what noone expects...trade both remaining 2nd rounders for something in 2013, leaving no more picks this year...lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

To fill more holes. Current starting defense before the draft. Jag Wilfork Jag Jag Spikes Mayo Jag Chung Mccourty Jag Jag Every team will have some Jags, but that's too many.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

To get someone so we don't have to play Big Vince for 90+% of the snaps again this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of 2nd Round? : you mean Hightower is the upgrade to Nink right? Robinson's speed is even more elite than DMC and Ras-I, he would instantly upgrade the weak return game and afte a year of being coached up be a star CB by '13 ready to replace the snaps Arrington/Allen will get this year, that wouldbe great. Fanene/Jones is an upgarde to Ellis/Anderson Agree that a 300+lb DT type would be a welcome addition in rd 2
    Posted by rameakap

ram no disrespect but as much as i am a proponent of the combine scores Robinson's 4.33 40 does not make him a star (Revis-4.40) its simply just one criteria to judge. It might make you an Oakland Raider lol however. Yes he could be a good KR but not even that is guaranteed based on straight line speed (Bethel Johnson, Leodis McKelvin). Robinson is no #1 CB by any standard just look at all the other #1 DB's in the league and he cant physically compare. He is not long enough or strong enough to play that one man on an island role. i do nbelive he can be a great #2 however.

And yes I do mean hightower over nink.

But NO it i dont believ it has to be a 300lber we need a guy to get up field and close that pocket from inside (ala Justin Tuck) just as we need that outside with the CJ pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of 2nd Round? : ram no disrespect but as much as i am a proponent of the combine scores Robinson's 4.33 40 does not make him a star (Revis-4.40) its simply just one criteria to judge. It might make you an Oakland Raider lol however. Yes he could be a good KR but not even that is guaranteed based on straight line speed (Bethel Johnson, Leodis McKelvin). Robinson is no #1 CB by any standard just look at all the other #1 DB's in the league and he cant physically compare. He is not long enough or strong enough to play that one man on an island role. i do nbelive he can be a great #2 however. And yes I do mean hightower over nink. But NO it i dont believ it has to be a 300lber we need a guy to get up field and close that pocket from inside (ala Justin Tuck) just as we need that outside with the CJ pick.
    Posted by PuPirate

If they're draft a DT, he will be around or above 300 pounds.  NE runs a two gap scheme and need players tha can hold up at the POA.  They prefer gap control to shooting gaps, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Interesting draft so far.BB fooled everyone and actually moved up with both of his first round picks! So now he has only two picks left and he can go play golf! If Janoris Jenkins continues to fall into the Patriots laps it would be idiotic on BB's behalf not to just go with the flow and select the top rated DB in the draft. If (and I'm beginning to understand just how definitive the word really is),the Patriots get that lucky then if I'm BB I trade the last pick off to the highest bidder and get on to signing potential UDFA's and watching the Waiver wire for any additional needs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Dream scenerio for me is they are able to trade down out of 48 to say the 52 to 55 range and pick up 3rd round pick.  Then go best available with those 3 picks for DL/DT, CB, WR or RB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

RB....why???????
    Posted by Iceman4

i hope they don't draft another 2nd round RB. they are better off signing or trading for an established RB than to develop another rookie. 

they should go for a corner and either a safety or another d lineman today

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I'd like to see a big D-lineman to take some of the pressure off Vince (Brandon Thompson)?

They have one other HUGE hole on this roster that I haven't seen a lot of people mention: returner.  Our return game was absolutely miserable last year.  We have a lot of good special teamers, but no one I'd even qualify as adequate to return kicks.  Not familiar enough with the players to venture a guess as to who that would be; Mike Reiss mentioned Brandon Boykin.

So... I guess I'm just hoping they take the best Brandon available with each pick.

Sections
Shortcuts