Exploring: The Drop.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Exploring: The Drop.

How in hell do you not catch this ball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Exploring: The Drop.

Babe's Brady excuse # 1 million. Tell us again why safeties and INTs don't matter and there was never such a thing as an offense running the clock down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop.:
    Babe's Brady excuse # 1 million. Tell us again why safeties and INTs don't matter and there was never such a thing as an offense running the clock down.
    Posted by glenr

Came to boggle our minds with your football brilliance I see, Rusty. So, you think this pic shows the ball was uncatchable Einstein?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Almost had a new contract there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

what drop, it was a poorly thrown ball....lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Still stings.  Should have been caught.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

The old addage says thata if the ball hits you in the hands you should catch it. I bet that ball had a bit more rotation than welker is used to... I think he did a medium loft into the area. Usually Welker gets a hard spiral into the numbers. Hell of an adjustment, mid-air going backwards switching from inside shoulder to outside shoulder. I bet everyone of us drops that ball too. He probably needed bigger hands...Moss would have caught that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd rather explore dropping an anvil on your head for continuing to post about this game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brandon Lloyd will catch that.  That dude catches everything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Welker is great, but @ $9.5M, the ball's gotta be caught.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'd rather explore dropping an anvil on your head for continuing to post about this game.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Seriously though I would be willing to bet that if you took a list of the greatest catches of all time (however you want to define them) you could probably find a single frame that made them look routine or at the very least easier than they actually were.  I think Wes should have caught it, but that image is a bit misleading imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Exploring: The Drop.:
    Posted by BabeParilli

I see your point......

Wide open WR; pass badly and unnecessarilly overthrown,; said WR jumping and falling backwards while running in a different direction failing to secure the ball with his fingertips.....

Who's idea was it to franchise this pitiful excuse of a WR?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Babe,

New information has come out.

On the previous play TB threw a pass to Deion Branch on the Giants sideline.  Before the ball was put back in play a foreign substance was introduced to the ball.  (I'm not accusing the Giants of anything here, but let's just say that lots goes on behind NFL benches).
    On the next play TB was able to move around in the pocket with the ball in his hands because the substance is inert until the ball takes flight. 
    By the time the ball came down to WW it would have been like trying to catch a meteorite.  Thankfully he was wearing gloves or the impact could have been horrific.  If you roll the tape you'll notice he pounds the turf and puts his hands to his helmet in every effort to lessen the heat.  Had he held onto the ball and ran for even 5 yards or so he may have suffered third degree burns and missed part of the coming season.

I think this puts things in a new light and puts this behind us once and for all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Babe, New information has come out. On the previous play TB threw a pass to Deion Branch on the Giants sideline.  Before the ball was put back in play a foreign substance was introduced to the ball.  (I'm not accusing the Giants of anything here, but let's just say that lots goes on behind NFL benches). On the next play TB was able to move around in the pocket with the ball in his hands because the substance is inert until the ball takes flight.  By the time the ball came down to WW it would have been like trying to catch a meteorite.  Thankfully he was wearing gloves or the impact could have been horrific.  If you roll the tape you'll notice he pounds the turf and puts his hands to his helmet in every effort to lessen the heat.  Had he held onto the ball and ran for even 5 yards or so he may have suffered third degree burns and missed part of the coming season. I think this puts things in a new light and puts this behind us once and for all.
    Posted by nyjoseph

I think my head just exploded.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wow.  Football season needs to start soon or some of us need new hobbies...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm a Brady fan but even I can admit the pass could have and should have been better.  Still pictures don't tell the whole story.  Go back and watch the several different views in real time video and you can easily see how difficult that catch is to make.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A game should never comes down to one play.  

If they run the ball earlier when they had a lead, play ball control offense, convert first downs, come away with another field goal when they could have instead of throwing a 1st down pick overthrowing Gronk down the middle then the game wouldn't have come down to one missed catch.

Branch and Hernandez also dropped a catch on this drive, why do they get a free pass?  Because Welker dropped the final pass or maybe because Wes is in the middle of a contentious contract negotiation?

This is just another insipid, divisive thread started by a master troll.  The point isn't to create original thought or discourse but rather to create a divide amongst Pat's fans.  

Get over it... the game was lost long before this play when they devised or deviated from their flawed offensive game plan.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : A key component in running the ball is being able to run the ball. 
    Posted by Bustchise

OK Babe, now log out, log in as Babe and agree with yourself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Exploring: The Drop.:
    Posted by BabeParilli

I gotta say Babe, looking at a still photo you gotta wonder why he didn't catch it. In motion it looked tougher and I think this still does not due full justice to Wes. But especially after the great plays we have had to endure - like the helmet catch - you gotta wonder... This was a tough catch but doable. A big play is what you expect from your best when a big game is on the line.

Still, I do not let TB off the hook either. He was either not so accurate or being too clever in trying to minmize the chance at interception - something he would have done well to have controlled on that long pass to an injured Gronk.

But still again.. it was tough but catchable.

It sort of ruins the offseason all over again!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

ANd hey, it got some of us to stop talking politics!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts