Exploring: The Drop.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Exploring: The Drop.

Drop? Bad Pass? Combination of both? I dont know. All I know is I was having a good day til I opened this thread and know I am bummed out and PO'd all over again!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Wow! Welker dropped 19 passes that hit him in the hands? How much are we paying this guy?
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Yes, 24 out of 458, He sucks!  94.8%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Oh - has that been proven?   I guess 122 passes hit him square in the numbers.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

I believed Bredard did an article (with a lot of research) on that subject a few days after the superbowl, if you have the chance check it out.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Nice thread for a supposed Pats fan to start.  Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

The pictures don't lie. He catches that ball 97 times out of 100. You absolutely cannot lay that on Brady! I still love Wes and want him here for at least 3 years. Sadly, it looks like that may not happen. That catch may have not garonteed victory but it would have made things alot harder for NY! With a healthy Gronk that game isn't even close!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Nice thread for a supposed Pats fan to start.  Thanks.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Well Sal, I think it's important to try to analyze even the less pleasant things about how our team plays. It isn't "fun" to realise our defense is deficient, but in the process of figuring out where we are a realistic assessment of that allows us not to kid ourselves.

I have seen some people trying to blame Brady for a bad throw on this and I find that to be unfair so a little analysis along that line seemed like it would be interesting. It seems others agree since there are over 80 posts on the topic in a short time.

If you don't like the topic why post in the thread? Are you concerned with what other people choose to discuss? And if so, why?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Drop? Bad Pass? Combination of both? I dont know. All I know is I was having a good day til I opened this thread and know I am bummed out and PO'd all over again!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

When you see a thread that says "The Drop" I would think you would be alerted that it might contain some less than happy happy joy joy content.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Well Sal, I think it's important to try to analyze even the less pleasant things about how our team plays. It isn't "fun" to realise our defense is deficient, but in the process of figuring out where we are a realistic assessment of that allows us not to kid ourselves. I have seen some people trying to blame Brady for a bad throw on this and I find that to be unfair so a little analysis along that line seemed like it would be interesting. It seems others agree since there are over 80 posts on the topic in a short time. If you don't like the topic why post in the thread? Are you concerned with what other people choose to discuss? And if so, why?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Analysing this "drop" has nothing to do with the teams deficiencies on defense.

And I don't think it's unfair for Brady to atleast take some of the blame for a poor throw because it was.  It certainly "could" have been better and as it was Welker "could" have caught it.  I'm sure he "would" have caught it if it was a better throw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. :   Analysing this "drop" has nothing to do with the teams deficiencies on defense.   And I don't think it's unfair for Brady to atleast take some of the blame for a poor throw because it was.  It certainly "could" have been better and as it was Welker "could" have caught it.  I'm sure he "would" have caught it if it was a better throw.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

The remark about defense was just  an example of negative things that might be discussed.

See, this is why this thread exists. I don't agree with you that the throw was bad. I see Welker misplaying the throw and making it look bad. If he keeps running and just turns to the other shoulder the pass is great. He turns completely around the wrong way and does a one step backpedal/leap. He judged the ball poorly. If Wes kept running and never turned the ball would probably have hit him in the head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

9.5 Million dollars a year should guarantee that pass getting caught, but all that this pass caught was failure and my tears. Lots, and lots, of tears.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Well Sal, I think it's important to try to analyze even the less pleasant things about how our team plays. It isn't "fun" to realise our defense is deficient, but in the process of figuring out where we are a realistic assessment of that allows us not to kid ourselves. I have seen some people trying to blame Brady for a bad throw on this and I find that to be unfair so a little analysis along that line seemed like it would be interesting. It seems others agree since there are over 80 posts on the topic in a short time. If you don't like the topic why post in the thread? Are you concerned with what other people choose to discuss? And if so, why?

"If you don't like the topic why post in the thread? Are you concerned with what other people choose to discuss? And if so, why?"

Morbid curiosity I guess.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : The remark about defense was just  an example of negative things that might be discussed. See, this is why this thread exists. I don't agree with you that the throw was bad. I see Welker misplaying the throw and making it look bad. If he keeps running and just turns to the other shoulder the pass is great. He turns completely around the wrong way and does a one step backpedal/leap. He judged the ball poorly. If Wes kept running and never turned the ball would probably have hit him in the head.

I guess we could agree to disagree. 

It's funny how two people can watch the same play over and over and still see it different from eachother.

I'm certainly not a Brady basher or Welker basher for that matter.  Two of my all-time favorite Pats of which there are many so I guess trying to find fault on this painful play is just like picking at scabs.

I'd prefer to try and forget about this one and move onto what's to come for this team.  Afterall, there where alot of plays that could have/should have been made besides that particular one that effected the game negatively. We've all been over them all many times since.

The should/could haves and IF's.  It doesn't matter it's still goes down as a loss.

A very painful one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Has to be caught.  I hate to say this, but he got tweaked because he's not use to being that high up in the air and probably heard footsteps even though they're were none around. Not the best throw, but we'd seen Brady throw less than good balls around all year in 2012.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]
    That's pretty much what I said.

Not a great throw but it looked like he should have had it and he knew it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Has to be caught.  I hate to say this, but he got tweaked because he's not use to being that high up in the air and probably heard footsteps even though they're were none around. Not the best throw, but we'd seen Brady throw less than good balls around all year in 2012.

Amazing how a guy can have a top 10 all-time season while "throw(ing) less than good balls around all year".

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Amazing how a guy can have a top 10 all-time season while "throw(ing) less than good balls around all year".

So how many Safties and INTs does he have to get in a Super Bowl to offset his stats?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No, it's not really that amazing, actually. He was great in games which spike his numbers, and then those stats shield how he really plays over 4 qtrs against the better defenses. Case in point: 6 TDs against Denver in the playoffs means JACK SQUAT when the other 2 games against far superior Ds showed us the true production from Brady. I said that when everyone was going beserk with his play in the divisional round. That Denver output meant NOTHING. ZERO. But, you enjoy looking at meaningless stats. Check out Gomer's from his playoffs in the 2000s while you're at it.

So, you're telling us QBs put up better numbers against weaker defenses? Brilliant Einstein. I'm sure many people didn't realize that.

You slam his production in the "other two" playoff games this year.

Let's see. Two TDs against the Giants translates to 32 TDs in a season. Pretty damned good production there against a defense that was peaking at playoff time. Brady fared quite a bit better against that D than the MVP Rodgers did.

Against the Ravens he didn't play well, but then the Ravens had the best pass defense in football. He did mange to head over heels score the winning points in that game. But you wouldn't give him any credit for that, would you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : When you see a thread that says "The Drop" I would think you would be alerted that it might contain some less than happy happy joy joy content.

Actually I thought it was going to be a thread discussing which position the Jets were going to drop to in the division this season.. 3rd or 4th. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : What does that mean? Your spin with his play in the AFC Title game is a joke.  Laura Marony and the left side of our line also bailed him out in the 2007 AFC title game against SD. In Brady's last 2 AFC title games, he has 5 INTs.  That's AWFUL. You get a bye week at home and your tossing that many picks with that many weapons? Spin that, dribblebib.

What you don't get is that beyond Brady's numbers, which are outstanding, playoffs or regular season, is that he is clutch. In the Ravens AFC Championship despite struggles against the top pass defense he still scored the winning points. Against SD he passed for a TD in the 4th quarter to stretch the lead.

Nobody says he hasn't ever had a poor playoff game. But nearly all the time he is there in the endgame getting it done. This is what you don't appreciate as you anally focus on the minority of less than stellar moments he has had.

ALL QBs have had bad playoff games at times.

Sections
Shortcuts