Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment

In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment:
    [QUOTE]Been a few years so not sure what the status of the place is now, but steak and cheese with sauce at Toody's in Wakefield.    Couple of other places from my youth in Mass: New Bridge Cafe in Chelsea (steak tips) Santarpios Pizza in Eastie European in the North End
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

The New Bridge rules. Turkey Tips and Steak tips as you said. Santarpios just opened up a second store on RT1 North in Peabody. Another Place I hit right on my way home from work. Santarpios just recently won an award for best pizza in New England from one of the local News stations. Also, Toody's is still around and more popular than ever. I know people that live a half hour from there and still go there every weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

i like cake

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : The New Bridge rules. Turkey Tips and Steak tips as you said. Santarpios just opened up a second store on RT1 North in Peabody. Another Place I hit right on my way home from work. Santarpios just recently won an award for best pizza in New England from one of the local News stations. Also, Toody's is still around and more popular than ever. I know people that live a half hour from there and still go there every weekend.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Some things are just too good to go away I guess.  Now, tell me the Porthole Pub in Lynn is still there?  Pretty good seafood back in the day. 

I know the Golden Banana is no more...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Awesome!  Some things are just too good to go away I guess.  Now, tell me the Porthole Pub in Lynn is still there?  Pretty good seafood back in the day.  I know the Golden Banana is no more...

Yeah the Banana is gone but the Cabaret is still there. Unfortunately I don't know much about Lynn. It's one of those out of the way Places that I never seem to pass through. If the beer is cheap and they Play darts there I'm willing to bet it's still around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Wrong. Boars Head is quality stuff.  No nitrates, nothing fake.  Pretty simple.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I have a question, how do they get all the hams, turkey breast and all the other products to be exactly the same size all the time and they have to put something in them to keep them from spoiling.. Would you eat a cooked chicken breast that you have kept in your frig for 3 months. I sure wouldn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Been a few years so not sure what the status of the place is now, but steak and cheese with sauce at Toody's in Wakefield. 

I think Toody's is gone. Great place. The bowling alley is still there. Cant find candlepin in VA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : [QUOTE]Been a few years so not sure what the status of the place is now, but steak and cheese with sauce at Toody's in Wakefield.  I think Toody's is gone. Great place. The bowling alley is still there. Cant find candlepin in VA.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

I think they closed and then reopened in a new building. I never heard the reason why.I know the place was mobbed when they reopened. I hope they didn't close again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Thankyou..I work about 1 mile from there. I love hearing about these places. TCAL- You must have been to Santoros if you're from Saugas. Stay clear if you come back as they have gone down hill and are the most over rated sub shop in the area.The Kowloon still kicks butt for Chinese food though.

I remember Santoros well e.  I lived on Lynn Fells Pkwy.  Kowloon is/was my favorite.  I was there this past spring.  I love the Shrimp with Lobster sauce.
    Funny thing, the sauce in Boston is brown and in NY It's white (egg).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Yeah the Banana is gone but the Cabaret is still there. Unfortunately I don't know much about Lynn. It's one of those out of the way Places that I never seem to pass through. If the beer is cheap and they Play darts there I'm willing to bet it's still around.

Not a bad policy to avoid Lynn if you can.  They don't call it the City of Sin for nothing.  The Porthole was (is?) a decent place.  Good food and live music at night on the weekends, could get a bit rowdy.  Up the road a bit was Tony C's in Nahant.  And when we felt like driving, EJ's in Rowley.  Best looking barmaids anywhere.  That place was Hooters before Hooters.  Drunk driving laws were a little more relaxed back then too.  Good times!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Come on now, this is Laz. One of the top 10 favorite Patriots of all time. Great story!
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but when you live in Conway, SC.  you just don't have all those luxery's you talking about. I visit once a yr. and can't wait to get to Newicks (?) to get some fried clams, get some lobster's to bring home. As far as sub's go, you either go to subway or nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Sorry, but when you live in Conway, SC.  you just don't have all those luxery's you talking about. I visit once a yr. and can't wait to get to Newicks (?) to get some fried clams, get some lobster's to bring home. As far as sub's go, you either go to subway or nothing.
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you have boiled peanuts!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : I remember Santoros well e.  I lived on Lynn Fells Pkwy.  Kowloon is/was my favorite.  I was there this past spring.  I love the Shrimp with Lobster sauce. Funny thing, the sauce in Boston is brown and in NY It's white (egg).
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    Wow cal the Fellsway is ablock from my folks house (they still live where I grew up) at the other end, alright ,middle! Do you recall a place called Jerry Jingle restaraunt? It is now called Grimsby's. Used to walk there for ice cream as a kid.Man, all this talk about food and the old stomping ground makes me want to hop a plane home! Since you were a saugus-ite, did you ever shoot pool at the Town Line?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In Response to Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment:
    [QUOTE]...Not simply no mayo, but check this out: ZERO cream-based sandwich dressing AL-together.  ... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    I can't believe you dissed the mayo!

DON'T HARSH THE MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Wow cal the Fellsway is ablock from my folks house (they still live where I grew up) at the other end, alright ,middle! Do you recall a place called Jerry Jingle restaraunt? It is now called Grimsby's. Used to walk there for ice cream as a kid.Man, all this talk about food and the old stomping ground makes me want to hop a plane home! Since you were a saugus-ite, did you ever shoot pool at the Town Line?
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]

Jerry Jingle's was great.
    We had a sub place in Melrose called Sub-villa.  It used to make great saucy-buns. 
    You didn't even miss the meatballs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment :   Yeah, but you have boiled peanuts!  

Muz, anybody can have boiled peanuts but us, we have boowled peanuts!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]...Watch out you guys,fat is not good for your prostrate. ...
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]
    LOL, actually, when I eat a lot of fat, I feel like getting prostrate!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : Wow cal the Fellsway is ablock from my folks house (they still live where I grew up) at the other end, alright ,middle! Do you recall a place called Jerry Jingle restaraunt? It is now called Grimsby's. Used to walk there for ice cream as a kid.Man, all this talk about food and the old stomping ground makes me want to hop a plane home! Since you were a saugus-ite, did you ever shoot pool at the Town Line?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I was between Mclean and Laurine.  I remember the name Jerry Jingles but I can't picture it.  We used to walk to Russo's Candy for Ice cream.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Extremely Important Life-Changing Moment : LOL, actually, when I eat a lot of fat, I feel like getting prostrate!!!!!
    Posted by 347pg[/QUOTE]

LOL oops i mean prostate.

Sections
Shortcuts