FA Ted Ginn is worth a look for the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

FA Ted Ginn is worth a look for the Pats

The Pats should look into FA kick returner and WR's Ted Ginn.  The guy still has speed too be a deep threat and is an excellent kick returner.  He won't break the bank, so why not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: FA Ted Ginn is worth a look for the Pats

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm sure that BB will do his usual thing and find something in the rubbish noone else wanted and of course the guy  will have a career year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Seems like WR is getting too much attention. Sure, we had a rough year last season w/ so many new players at that position.  It can only get better, right?  I'd rather get another TE who is a viable receiving threat - and if he can help protect the QB or run block - that would be icing on the cake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would rather a center , D tackle or D end than a new receiver that may or probably notwork out. But this is the time of year that folks tout any and all receivers that ever had the word receiver associated with their names whether they are any good or all washed up. It is almost time for the perrenial "bring back Moss" thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

never a fan of Ginn as a WR. If he wants to come in similar to Leon Washington and try and make the team in camp as a KR and 4th or 5th option WR, no problem. But if he wants anything mnore than a "make it" contract, no thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

never a fan of Ginn as a WR. If he wants to come in similar to Leon Washington and try and make the team in camp as a KR and 4th or 5th option WR, no problem. But if he wants anything mnore than a "make it" contract, no thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like WR is getting too much attention. Sure, we had a rough year last season w/ so many new players at that position.  It can only get better, right?  I'd rather get another TE who is a viable receiving threat - and if he can help protect the QB or run block - that would be icing on the cake.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats can still focus on those areas with Ted Ginn.  Right now the best option at TE would be an early pick in the 1st or 2nd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would rather a center , D tackle or D end than a new receiver that may or probably notwork out. But this is the time of year that folks tout any and all receivers that ever had the word receiver associated with their names whether they are any good or all washed up. It is almost time for the perrenial "bring back Moss" thread.

[/QUOTE]

Even if the Pats can sign Edelman, the WR position cannot be ignored as it still has holes too fill.  Amendola, Boyce, and certainly Thompkins are not names I would feel comfortable with as the Pats starting WR core.

I don't see the Pats paying out big bucks for any WR in FA, so my focus is on players that won't break the bank

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ted Ginn has 556 yds and 5 tds.  Not much different than Danny A., Dobson, or Thompkins.  But wasn't the main target in Carolina with Steve Smith and Lafell.  With Brady, Ginn may show something he couldn't in Miami where he was a top ten pick.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sure that BB will do his usual thing and find something in the rubbish noone else wanted and of course the guy  will have a career year.

[/QUOTE]

if only he could do this at the FS SS position

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If he comes cheap I'm all for it, if not (well let's face it he won't be here if he's not) then I wouldn't do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A bust who finally had a good season after his last good season 6 years ago.  That Ted Ginn?  I think the Panthers will resign him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

If it were a cheap deal then absolutely. He has a lot of natural talent and a lot to prove. Worth bringing in for camp to see if he can make the cut. If he wants a ton of money then no way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

If it were a cheap deal then absolutely. He has a lot of natural talent and a lot to prove. Worth bringing in for camp to see if he can make the cut. If he wants a ton of money then no way.

I don't see any chance he gets a ton of money, which is why I see him as someone worth looking into.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A bust who finally had a good season after his last good season 6 years ago.  That Ted Ginn?  I think the Panthers will resign him.

[/QUOTE]

At the WR's position absolutely!  But Ten Ginn has been an awesome kick returner, something the Pats could use.  With Brady at QB then maybe he could be a great WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to 49patriot:

I guess your happy with Amendola.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

LIn response to Footballexpert45's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't any chance he gets a ton of money, which is why I see him as someone worth looking into.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and nobody will give him a lot of money. Except Cleveland. They mught be dumb enough to do that. I also don't believe Ginn has ever really had a decent QB throwing to him. No excuse, but that still can't be ignored. Last year was his best year and it was with Cam, who is an OK passer. Alex Smith wasn't anything special then and Miami is/was Miami.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he is happy with Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce and Amendola.  I'm just trying to figure out which one of these guys will get the 2014 Super Bowl MVP.  Tough choice, they might all have to share it... according to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, he is happy with Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce and Amendola.  I'm just trying to figure out which one of these guys will get the 2014 Super Bowl MVP.  Tough choice, they might all have to share it... according to him.

[/QUOTE]

tell me who you want at WR besides the total unreasonable want of Decker? what options are there?

BB made the bed of our WRs, we gotta sleep in it at this point

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is what he "usually" does? He finds "rubbish nobody else wanted" and they have a career year? And that's his usual??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

Phatty...why are you and your alter-ego...or should I say ONE of your many, many alter ego's...talking from two different viewpoints on the same issue?

Do you think many here do not see what you are doing?

Illness like yours would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess you're happy with nasty kitty parts BUST-CHISE

Man there are a boatload of idiots on these threads 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess you're happy with nasty kitty parts BUST-CHISE

Man there are a boatload of idiots on these threads 

[/QUOTE]

Bustchise is trying to ride in on my coat tails since I suggested Ginn or Steve Smith at the deadline last October if Carolina fell and collapse. Obviously, they didn't, but I knew they were in a cap hell and if they floundered, they'd be sellers for either a FA like Ginn or an aging Smith.

Another kick return type who might help is also Devin Hester.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I rember that...but they can now do better than Ginn...they can snag a decent KR/PR in the draft if they want one bad enough...there are several good ones this year with far less milage and cost

Sections
Shortcuts