Face facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

Face facts

70% of the talent and money go to the offence,the Pats playing a average team should win 40-23 and run the ball atleast 25 times.The offence lost the game due to the game plan and lack of running the ball,the defence should be beating and slapping around the offence for a good 6-7 days.Once again New englands offence cant win against a good team because they dont try to run the ball. PERIOD.Now whos fault is that?Things will not get better till the BB starts a running back for 20 carries a game,every game,and building the defence at the line,NO first pick second round secondary glass players just draft a lineman and stick with the 4-3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Face facts

I thought they lost the game because:

The intentional grounding call that should not have been called.
    The 12 men on the field nullifying a fumble recovery.
    Offsides nullfiying a failed conversion of a 3rd and long.
    An underthrown pass that should have been a TD instead of an INT.
    Wekler not catching a ver catchable pass.

There 5 things that cost the Pats the game.  Change any of them and the Pats win.  2 on the Defense, 2 on Brady, and one on a receiver.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

Crusty I recall telling my ex-girlfiend in 2007 the Pats cant win the superbowl because they cant run the ball,5 years later they can run the ball but dont,same outcome.The offence cant score 20 points,20 points!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Actualy the absolute truth is the pats never won a title before spy gate and only won their titles while cheating with spygate and have yet to win one without cheating.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

Fu-ck the worse thing is I won all my 7 playoff games most were on money lines and I dumped almost all of it on BJGE gets 13 carries or more(WELL 12.5) over,I think i will pu-ke one more time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The fact is that most games are decided by only one or two plays.  Manningham misses the catch and the Giants are looking at 2nd and 10.  Throwing from your 3 yard line on the first play of the game is stupid.  you are up against the 31st ranked run defense.  Run the ball!  BJGE is over rated.  He is a solid player but not a starter.  The pass to Welker was high and a hard catch.  the throw to Gronk was under thrown. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They were leading. The Giants scored a TD with 57 seconds left. Same old story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

The bottom line is all the Patriots had to do is score 22 points against one of the worst defenses in football. And they couldn't get it done. 2007 ruined Tom Brady. The stone cold assassin is gone. The guy that carefully scanned the field for whoever was open and intelligently threw the ball there is gone. The guy used to pick apart whatever holes a defense gave him. Now, he insists on jamming it into double and triple coverage. And apparently nobody holds him accountable, because this has been going on since 2007.

Tom Brady started to believe his own hype. And stopped doing what he did well- being a game manager. And turned into a Brett Favre type gunslinger. That's not Tom Brady. The Patriots have won with far less talent than they have on offense right now. So it really doesn't matter what they do in the offseason. The problem starts with Tom Brady's reckless play. As long as he continues to melt in big games and make really bad decisions when it matters most, the Patriots will continue to choke.

There is a reason this guy went in the sixth round. And it's not because he is the next Joe Montanna. He is clearly very overrated

And while we are on the subject of overrated. Belichick has won nothing since Weiss and Crennel left. His drafts have yielded a historically bad defense. And we are coming up on a decade of losing now. And nobody seems to mind because we win in the regular season. Whoop de doo. I don't know when some of you guys became Chargers/Colts fans but last time I checked, getting knocked out of the playoffs six out seven years was failure. Twice to a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs. 

I know the media feels the need to build up the underdog and the matchup. It's just good for business. And they suckered a lot of people into believing the Giants were a good team. But the fact is, the Giants are a joke. They had the 27th ranked defense in the the league because their corners can't cover anyone. They gave up almost 90 points in a two game stretch to New Orleans and Green Bay, got blown out by the pathetic Redskins and needed a very lucky win to even finish over .500. Yes that's right, the team that Patriots just gagged to, lost almost as many games as they won this year. And that's without even getting into how overrated Eli has become. Before the the season started they polled NFL players and asked them to ranked the top players. Eli didn't rank in the top 100 Or in the top 15 QBs. He is so stupid he threw over 30 picks last year. That's the guy we lost to. Not to mention the entire team runs their mouth which means SOFT and undisciplined. Like the Chargers and Ravens. Should have been a layup. The 2004 Patriots win this game by at least two touchdowns.

When Belichick was surrounded by great players and great coaches he won. Now that he is not, he can't even knock a .500 team out of the playoffs. Decent coach? Sure. But the idea that he is some sort of legend is laughable.

At the beginning of the decade there was a debate about who was responsible for the Pats dominance. The players or the coach? I think that question was answered pretty resoundingly last Sunday night. And in 2007 when it took Bill three and a half quarters to figure out that the Oline couldn't protect Brady long enough to keep making 30 and 40 yard throws and actually make on adjustment on offense.

You guys can leave your rose colored glasses on. But the fact is, what used to be our strength is now our biggest weakness in big games. You have a Superbowl MVP and a Hall of Fame WR on the field yet you continue to jam the ball into just two guys. Any team with a brain knows all you have to do is cover two guys and get some pressure on Brady to hold the Pats in the teens and low twenties.

Seven years of choking. I could give a damn about regular season success. I'm not a Colts fan.  I could deal with losing to a respectable team like the Saints or Packers. Those teams were actually better than us. But the Giants?? This is pathetic. Something needs to change. But I have a feeling we are going to have to have a couple of 4-5 win seasons for anybody to wake up around here.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Face facts:
    [QUOTE]I thought they lost the game because: The intentional grounding call that should not have been called. The 12 men on the field nullifying a fumble recovery. Offsides nullfiying a failed conversion of a 3rd and long. An underthrown pass that should have been a TD instead of an INT. Wekler not catching a ver catchable pass. There 5 things that cost the Pats the game.  Change any of them and the Pats win.  2 on the Defense, 2 on Brady, and one on a receiver.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

This stuff cracks me up. The grounding call was legitimate, did you see either Brady or Belichick trying to argue it when it happened. They both knew it was the right call. That was a Brady brain f*rt.

12 men on the field is a penalty. That play never happened there was no fumble. Same with the offsides. 

The pass was a badly thrown pass that I agree with and Welker should have caught that pass, but even if he does and the Patriots kick a FG at the two minute warning, they may not win the game.

If you want to play this game, the Giants could complain about the holding call towards the end of the first half and non-pass interference call on Moore in the 4th quarter to force a punt. If not for those, it could have been a 35-10 final.

The Patriots lost because the Giants played all around better football. More discipline, fewer mistakes, and the made plays when it counted. That is how the Patriots used to win Super Bowls.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

And the Giants defence was 27th against the run and no ridley, and the Pats pass twice as much as run! Put Ridley in from the start till or if he fumbles how does he not get atleast get 10 touches.Gronk could not play why is he in there after the first play?

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts