Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

Re: Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree.

In Response to Re: Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree.:
    [QUOTE]The best team left in the playoffs BY FAR is the Green Bay Packers.  They are the most complete team on both sides of the ball .  They are also clearly the hottest team, peaking at the right time.[/QUOTE]

You lost me here. Are you even aware that the Patriots have won their past 8 games by an average score of 37.3 to 15.6? They've lost merit in your eyes because they got a first round bye and the Packers had to play Wild Card weekend?

By the way - those 8 straight games they've won by an average of 22 points? 5 were against playoff teams - including 4 of the 5 (besides them) remaining teams.

The Pack have won 4 in a row by an aveage of 31 to 14.3. Yeah, they're hot. But Philly and Atlanta stink. Chicigo stinks. The Packers are going to walk to the Super Bowl thinking they're unbeatable. They're very good. But The teams they're playing stink.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]For all you knob ends quivering in your boots at the possibility of playing the mighty Green Bay Pokers in the Super Bowl, you might want to remember that that team held the ball twice as long as New England the last time they met, and still couldn't beat the Pats. Green Bay frightens me not at all.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Matt Flynn was playing QB and they didn't have a running game, right?

And 14 points were generated not by the Pats' dominance on offense, but by a once-in-a-lifetime 71-yard Dan Connolly return and a Kyle Arrington interception return in which the Packers missed FOUR tackles on him.

I can understand you writing off the Jets, but your "assessment" of Green Bay is out of whack.  I don't know what game you were watching, but the Packers have a great pass rush, great cornerbacks, and an all-world QB now

Beating them with their backup by 4 points in a game in which 14 free points were gifted AT HOME doesn't give me confidence that the Pats can beat their infinitely superior starting QB without 14 freebies ON A NEUTRAL SITE

Just sayin'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

14 freebies?

Maybe I was watching a different game.

Did nobody make any plays to account for those touchdowns?

Did Green Bay simply spot the Pats two touchdowns when I wasn't looking?

Is that what happened?

Maybe I should put assessment in quotation marks, to, eh, Shillie?

Like I said, cower in fear all you like if it makes you feel better.

I choose not to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ictkspatriot. Show ictkspatriot's posts

Any Given Sunday...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]14 freebies? Maybe I was watching a different game. Did nobody make any plays to account for those touchdowns? Did Green Bay simply spot the Pats two touchdowns when I wasn't looking? Is that what happened? Maybe I should put assessment in quotation marks, to, eh, Shillie? Like I said, cower in fear all you like if it makes you feel better. I choose not to.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Alright tough guy - I was just saying that the Packers make a tough opponent.  And I'd bet any money that Dan Connolly isn't making another 71 yard kick return for the rest of his career (nor is any lineman, tight end, or full back)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

who cares if Rodgers didn't play.  Matt flynn played an exceptional game that night, he had a passer rating of 110ish I believe with 3 TD's and you know BB spent the whole week preparing for Rodgers.

I don't think the Pats are unbeatable, but they are good enough to beat the Packers again. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Rogers won't pay much better than Flynn. You can argue all you want about their records, but Flynn played amazing, and unless you suggesting that Rogers would be even better than amazing, it is unlikely. 

The Pats played probably their worst game of the last eight against GB, lost TOP what 42 min to 18 min (or worse) and still won. 

That (IMO) is a game NE can look to improve upon, and if adding the wishbone is GB's big wrinkle, they are gonna have major issues even getting past Chicago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]who cares if Rodgers didn't play.  Matt flynn played an exceptional game that night, he had a passer rating of 110ish I believe with 3 TD's and you know BB spent the whole week preparing for Rodgers.

I don't think the Pats are unbeatable, but they are good enough to beat the Packers again. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]
    I agree.
    Remember Colt McCoy in the Browns loss?
    Sam Bradford in the preseason loss to the Rams?
    Young unproven QB's are the Patriots' kryptonite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I think Rodgers played out of his mind yesterday. It is unlikely that he will play that well in every remaining game. Given the quality of the NFC, there is no wonder they looked so good. Up against the balance shown in the Patriots down the stretch, I have full confidence that Billl will have them ready. First things first, however, bring on the yets. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. Remember Colt McCoy in the Browns loss? Sam Bradford in the preseason loss to the Rams? Young unproven QB's are the Patriots' kryptonite.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Pat fans should know as good as anyone how good a backup QB can be.  *cough* Tom Brady *cough* 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]who cares if Rodgers didn't play.  Matt flynn played an exceptional game that night, he had a passer rating of 110ish I believe with 3 TD's and you know BB spent the whole week preparing for Rodgers. I don't think the Pats are unbeatable, but they are good enough to beat the Packers again. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

You HAVE to be kidding.   Seriously.  Is this another example of someone not knowing or understanding the game of football?  Your analogy is similar to me saying "Look at how good Cassel was with the Patriots.  His numbers were similar to numbers Brady had in other years.  I think the Pats are still 11-5 with Brady that year".  Of course, anyone with half a freaking brain knows that Matt Cassell is not Tom Brady, just as Matt Flynn is not Aaron Rodgers.

First of all, when you throw a second string QB in the game that has literally ZERO NFL experience, it hampers your offense.  It limits the playbook and the situational playcalls.  Agree? Sure, Flynn threw a couple of TDs but also threw a pick six, completely mismanaged the clock at the end of the game, and took 5 sacks that Aaron Rodgers is not going to take (please review the Atlanta game if you disagree), etc. etc. 

Rediculous analogy.  Sure, Rodgers could throw a pick six, etc. etc., but I'm sorry.  This dude the hottest QB playing right now.  His postseason numbers are absolutely absurd.  10 tds in 3 games.  YES, having Rodgers makes a gigantic difference.

Oh, and the fact that the Pats soft D DID give up 3 tds to a scrub QB shouldn't exactly make you uber confident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I like our chances, but anyone is beatable !

I am not a big fan of these bold statements (bordering on arrogance) - precisely why I am a fan of Belichick and not Rex - the 'foot and mouth' - Ryan !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

LOL awwww, Pats fans are a little jealous now that people are having an orrrrrgasm over some other team this year.  They don't like it when other people crown the champion before the SB is even played. They are used to doing that for their own team.

Packers 48 Falcons (a 13-3 team) 21.

Go ahead and top that today New England and maybe they'll get the same love.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]14 freebies? Maybe I was watching a different game. Did nobody make any plays to account for those touchdowns? Did Green Bay simply spot the Pats two touchdowns when I wasn't looking? Is that what happened? Maybe I should put assessment in quotation marks, to, eh, Shillie? Like I said, cower in fear all you like if it makes you feel better. I choose not to.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Even though Atlanta lost, I'm still expecting plenty of "Sherman ... Atlanta" posts from you.  Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

No one is unbeatable

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree. : You HAVE to be kidding.   Seriously.  Is this another example of someone not knowing or understanding the game of football?  Your analogy is similar to me saying "Look at how good Cassel was with the Patriots.  His numbers were similar to numbers Brady had in other years.  I think the Pats are still 11-5 with Brady that year".  Of course, anyone with half a freaking brain knows that Matt Cassell is not Tom Brady, just as Matt Flynn is not Aaron Rodgers. First of all, when you throw a second string QB in the game that has literally ZERO NFL experience, it hampers your offense.  It limits the playbook and the situational playcalls.  Agree? Sure,  Flynn threw a couple of TDs but also threw a pick six, completely mismanaged the clock at the end of the game, and took 5 sacks that Aaron Rodgers is not going to take (please review the Atlanta game if you disagree), etc. etc.  Rediculous analogy.  Sure, Rodgers could throw a pick six, etc. etc., but I'm sorry.  This dude the hottest QB playing right now.  His postseason numbers are absolutely absurd.  10 tds in 3 games.  YES , having Rodgers makes a gigantic difference. Oh, and the fact that the Pats soft D DID give up 3 tds to a scrub QB shouldn't exactly make you uber confident.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

First of all I think you have completely 100% missed the point.  I was in NO WAY trying to compare Brady to Flynn, or suggest that he was a great quarterback.  I was only saying that he played a pretty good game, and the Pats spent the entire week preparing for rodgers.  Let me ask you something; are you a Pats fan or a Packers fan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Clichés don't win football games the Patriots do.  3 Patriot blowouts remain on the road to our 4th Lombardi Trophy......bank it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]LOL awwww, Pats fans are a little jealous now that people are having an orrrrrgasm over some other team this year.  They don't like it when other people crown the champion before the SB is even played. They are used to doing that for their own team. Packers 48 Falcons (a 13-3 team) 21. Go ahead and top that today New England and maybe they'll get the same love.

You must be a Niners fan. Or the Raidahs. A bitter fan, no doubt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

No team is unbeatable, especially in the playoffs.  That being said, we are a better team than the Jets and should win.  I am sure BB will have a few new wrinkles on both sides of the ball this game.  I think we are one of the best two teams left in the playoffs.  The other being GreenBay.  Go Pats.  I also hope Chicago wins and hosts Green Bay next week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]LOL the "crime" of assault. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.  You might as well arrest every player in the league. Someone check the statute of limitations on Warren Sapp, who permanently injured Ross Verba on a cheap shot 50 yds away from the ball on an interception return.  Oh yeah, and he meant to do it. By the way, Latrell Spreewell is still doin jussssst fine, and he LITERALLY choked a dude. What a corny, lame, incredibley stupid premise.  Give it up.

I'm guessing a bigmouth ay-hole like you must be a jets fan.

FYI, Kebbe is exactly right. Threatening physical harm is criminal assault. Carrying out such a threat is a battery (an illegal touching). There is an implied consent for all NFL players to be touched by other players, so Sapp's "cheap shot" or anyone else's is not a crime.

The difference here is Sapp or anyone else to my knowledge, never threatened to  end someone's career before taking said cheap shot. Intent, son, is the basis of criminal law. should scott carry out his cowardly threat, he very well could be arrested for assault and battery. Especially in that such battery would have taken place in Foxboro. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the local DA already has a plan in place to deal with Mr. F'in scott should he act on his threat. 

Spreewell doing fine? I guess if you consider being flat broke, losing millions in salary and being suspended for a year  and out of work fine, than ya, sure, he's doing fine.

BTW, green bay plays in the NFC. Their offense has fewer yards for 2010, even playing all the cupcakes they do,  than the Pats. The best team in the NFC is comparable to maybe the 6th best AFC team.

So, keep eating your wheaties and dreaming, bigmouth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree. : Green Bay looks like they could beat us easily in the SB, if we get there, we haven't played any playoff games yet
    Posted by Pixelfergus[/QUOTE]

EASILY?  Really?  I was just thinking they could give us a real run for our money.  Easily?  NO.  Not that good, and we are really really good.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats are not a lock to beat ANY team.  Once again, this fanbase is high off of blowouts, which can happen to almost any team.  Uh, please see the 34-14 whooping the Browns put on the Pats. What matters in the playoffs is MATCHUPS.  The Pats have holes in the run game and holes in their pass D.  They are far, far, FAR from an unbeatable team.  Weaknesses get magnified in the playoffs. The best team left in the playoffs BY FAR is the Green Bay Packers.  They are the most complete team on both sides of the ball .  They are also clearly the hottest team, peaking at the right time. To say the Patriots are unbeatable is basically to admit that you neither watch professional football nor know a single thing about it. 

It could just mean they don't agree with you.  As I don't.  Hole in their run game?  WHERE IS THAT HOLE????  Find it.  Pass D?  Through the last 8 games, it was good.  And getting INTs, scaring QBs into holding the ball, causing sacks.  Your assessment of the Packers is off too.  Their run game is so so, and they are suspect in their linebacker play, in that they play downhill and don't do great against middle stuff in the pass game.  Certainly good QB, but the team I have watched play against the Pats, Eagles, and Falcons wasn't the juggernaut you describe.  Go beat your little Packers love-drum somewhere else, sportsboy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ockhurtz. Show Ockhurtz's posts

In Response to Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree.:I strongly disagree and they will be beat today for sure. Arrogant!!
    [QUOTE]The headline says it all.
    Posted by xjz3cf5[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ockhurtz. Show Ockhurtz's posts

In Response to Re: Face it: Pats are unbeatable. Post here if you agree.:You bank it and come up with an over draft. Either the Jets or the Steelers are going to Dallas...doesn't matter who, Green Bay is a lock to win Super Bowl 45.
    [QUOTE]Clichés don't win football games the Patriots do.  3 Patriot blowouts remain on the road to our 4th Lombardi Trophy......bank it.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xjz3cf5. Show xjz3cf5's posts

Its seems a lot of fans out there are worried about putting a jinx on the Pats by telling it like it is.  Face it, nothing we say as fans can "jinx" a team....so just tell it like it is...THIS TEAM CANNOT BE BEAT...you read the headline, and you posted, most with some conditional statement...but we all know the truth...three blowouts stand between us and our next SB....

When is the PARADE!!!