Facing Adversity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Facing Adversity

I can certainly understand the frustration that some of you are feeling right now, especially since the Patriots have been so good, for such a long time. The past two years, the Patriots, especially the offense have been pretty dominating during the regular season. This is the first time I have seen Tom Brady over-throw or just miss receivers when they are open. I guess he has been so good, for so long, that we forget sometimes that he is only human. I know nobody likes to lose, but sometimes facing a little adversity can make your team a better team come playoff time. When the Ravens scored in the final seconds to beat the Steelers the other night, I didn't get upset or even frustrated. I'm kind of used to the Steelers fighting for a playoff spot come the end of every season. It would be nice to go 14-2 or 13-3 and lock up a playoff spot a little earlier then the very end of the season....like they always seem to do. When the Sunday night broadcasters all picked the Steelers to win the game, I knew right away we were in trouble!..lol..  They don't play well as favorite's! Instead of letting the loss bother me, I envision getting another shot at the Ravens in the playoffs. It was a great game and the Steelers just came up a little short. Maybe now that the Patriots will have to really battle for the division title or maybe just a wild card spot, they won't have the 'heavy favorite' status and all the pressure that goes with it come playoff time. It's been awhile now since the
    Favorite's going into playoffs have actually made it to the Superbowl, let alone win one. Maybe the Patriots will be peaking come playoff time this year..you never know.  The NFL has had so many swings this year, it's hard to say how the season will play out. Baltimore losing to Jacksonville. The Saints losing to St. Louis. The Dolphins blowing out the Chiefs last week, after it looked like the Chiefs might be turning their season around and maybe taking control of the West. Still a lot of football to be played... Looking forward to the Patriots & the Jets game next week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Facing Adversity

Great post.

NE and Pitt have very tough games next week. Time get on a roll like the:

Giants in 07.....coach was almost fired early in the year
    Pack last year barely made the playoffs
    NE in 01.....some on here may not recall the 1-2 start on losing our starting QB.

There is plenty of time to get on a roll but no better than the present.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for your perspective, Steelcurtain75.  Intelligent, rational posts always welcome here even when they come from a most worthy opponent.   Lot to like about your favorite team although I lost a 6-pack over the Pats' loss to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Good thoughts.  Always good to hear from you.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Facing Adversity:
    [QUOTE]I can certainly understand the frustration that some of you are feeling right now, especially since the Patriots have been so good, for such a long time. The past two years, the Patriots, especially the offense have been pretty dominating during the regular season. This is the first time I have seen Tom Brady over-throw or just miss receivers when they are open. I guess he has been so good, for so long, that we forget sometimes that he is only human. I know nobody likes to lose, but sometimes facing a little adversity can make your team a better team come playoff time. When the Ravens scored in the final seconds to beat the Steelers the other night, I didn't get upset or even frustrated. I'm kind of used to the Steelers fighting for a playoff spot come the end of every season. It would be nice to go 14-2 or 13-3 and lock up a playoff spot a little earlier then the very end of the season....like they always seem to do. When the Sunday night broadcasters all picked the Steelers to win the game, I knew right away we were in trouble!..lol..  They don't play well as favorite's! Instead of letting the loss bother me, I envision getting another shot at the Ravens in the playoffs. It was a great game and the Steelers just came up a little short. Maybe now that the Patriots will have to really battle for the division title or maybe just a wild card spot, they won't have the 'heavy favorite' status and all the pressure that goes with it come playoff time. It's been awhile now since the Favorite's going into playoffs have actually made it to the Superbowl, let alone win one. Maybe the Patriots will be peaking come playoff time this year..you never know.  The NFL has had so many swings this year, it's hard to say how the season will play out. Baltimore losing to Jacksonville. The Saints losing to St. Louis. The Dolphins blowing out the Chiefs last week, after it looked like the Chiefs might be turning their season around and maybe taking control of the West. Still a lot of football to be played... Looking forward to the Patriots & the Jets game next week.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Like Bruschi said, I'm waiting to see how they react

Will they beat the Jets?  Or will they crumble?  If they lose to the Jets, they will have lost all three games in the toughest part of their schedule, which says something in and of itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Please use paragraphs.

Wall of text slaps you for 100 points. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i'm okay with tom brady struggling as long as he isn't raping women in public restrooms

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Facing Adversity:
    [QUOTE]I can certainly understand the frustration that some of you are feeling right now, especially since the Patriots have been so good, for such a long time. The past two years, the Patriots, especially the offense have been pretty dominating during the regular season. This is the first time I have seen Tom Brady over-throw or just miss receivers when they are open. I guess he has been so good, for so long, that we forget sometimes that he is only human. I know nobody likes to lose, but sometimes facing a little adversity can make your team a better team come playoff time. When the Ravens scored in the final seconds to beat the Steelers the other night, I didn't get upset or even frustrated. I'm kind of used to the Steelers fighting for a playoff spot come the end of every season. It would be nice to go 14-2 or 13-3 and lock up a playoff spot a little earlier then the very end of the season....like they always seem to do. When the Sunday night broadcasters all picked the Steelers to win the game, I knew right away we were in trouble!..lol..  They don't play well as favorite's! Instead of letting the loss bother me, I envision getting another shot at the Ravens in the playoffs. It was a great game and the Steelers just came up a little short. Maybe now that the Patriots will have to really battle for the division title or maybe just a wild card spot, they won't have the 'heavy favorite' status and all the pressure that goes with it come playoff time. It's been awhile now since the Favorite's going into playoffs have actually made it to the Superbowl, let alone win one. Maybe the Patriots will be peaking come playoff time this year..you never know.  The NFL has had so many swings this year, it's hard to say how the season will play out. Baltimore losing to Jacksonville. The Saints losing to St. Louis. The Dolphins blowing out the Chiefs last week, after it looked like the Chiefs might be turning their season around and maybe taking control of the West. Still a lot of football to be played... Looking forward to the Patriots & the Jets game next week.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Now if you could just get ud6, wedeyderdat, bralon, jetmangloine and gintsfan on board this would be a much better place!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Sorry, you are correct!

In Response to Re: Facing Adversity:
    [QUOTE]Please use paragraphs. Wall of text slaps you for 100 points. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Did not mean it as a put down. Just so used to Tom Brady being so accurate.  I'm sure before the season is over that defensive coordinators will be pulling their hair out trying to defend his passes. Welker is an amazing ballplayer, love to watch him play!
    [QUOTE]i'm okay with tom brady struggling as long as he isn't raping women in public restrooms
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Thanks Steelcurtain, you're right this is a team that is favored almost every game of the year. Things have changed, but I like the tough first half schedule, and the adversity. Next week is basically a playoff game for the Pats, lose and they will have a tough time getting to the playoffs. It's a lot of pressure on the team, but the first time you face that pressure shouldn't be in the playoffs. If they win, it will be a defining moment for the team-overcoming adversity. This year, if the Pats make the playoffs- they will be a battle tested team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Please use paragraphs. Wall of text slaps you for 100 points. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

A fan of another team comes on and acts like a rational human being, and that is the only thing you can say?  I'd rather skip the paragraphs and have someone post something not flaming and trollish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Good thoughts Steelcurtain.  Still a lot of football to be played, and 8 games into the season I still feel like the Patriots are capable of correcting the mistakes that plague them, especially Brady. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]They were battled tested last year. Close wins over Indy, GB, Balt, SD, Minny, etc. All playoff caliber type teams. Do the math: BB dealt MOss, they used more Weis style of an offense, Brady looked better, evryone looked better, including our young D. We used A McDaniels Spread Base in January, hence the loss. Why on god's green earth we still make this mistake against good D's over and over, I literally have no answer for it other than to wonder how out of control Brady's ego is for this to keep happening.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Hey, counterpoint here, we were NOT in the spread against the Giants for 3 quarters.  And when we went into it, we did better.  Best way to negate a pass rush is to spread them out, worked fine in the past provided you had good receivers.  I like being able to line up with a heavy formation also, but the shotgun spread has it's place for sure.