Fact: If Randy Moss wouldve had Montana and Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Fact: If Randy Moss wouldve had Montana and Young

throwing to him for the bulk of his career, like rice did, he wouldve shattered every record by far and would be considered the greatest football player ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

Re: Fact: If Randy Moss wouldve had Montana and Young

He also would have been playing on that horrible baseball field at Candlestick, below sea level, slowest and worst surface in the league, NOT in a dome, NOT on carpet, NOT being the same player.  Never woulda worked.  Rice was the MAN for a whole lot of reasons. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Explain how that is a fact?

Fact: If I hadn't blown out my knee in HS I could have competed in the olympics. Oh wait that's not a fact that's me making an assumption with no basis for fact at all. What would be considered a fact is that I wouldn't have lost my scholarships for blowing out my knee.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I wouldn't state it as fact per se, but odds are he might have had better numbers. That said, his numbers were pretty darn good with Jeff George and Culpepper throwing to him as well. Honestly, he didn't need Montana or Young. We saw his production in 2007 with Brady, and Brady by all accounts is better than Young, and probably on par with Montana.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Actually I think your post should be, If Randy Moss had the brain of Jerry Rice, "he wouldve shattered every record by far and would be considered the greatest football player ever."  In fact had that been the case he would probably be the greatest athlete of all time regardless of sport. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry Agill but that goes to Bo. You can't bet a guy that played 2 sports while flying back and forth between games and was considered elite in both sports. Who's the best Bo knows

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Fact: If Moss and Brady would have been together for the majority of their careers we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

Moss needed the heart of Rice more than the brain.  Rice was a great athlete with a ridiculous workout ethic.  Also, regarding the "if Moss had QB's like Montana and Young he'd be the best ever" argument, you could probably make that argument for a lot of WR's.  For example, someone like Calvin Johnson arguably has the talent/potential to be the best ever, but he needs to have the perfect storm (HOF QB, health, championships) in order for that to actually happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Fact: If Randy Moss wouldve had Montana and Young:
    Sorry Agill but that goes to Bo. You can't bet a guy that played 2 sports while flying back and forth between games and was considered elite in both sports. Who's the best Bo knows
    Posted by PatsEng

I'd have to put Dave Winfield and Deion Sanders in the argument with Bo as much as I am a big Bo fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Fact: If Randy Moss wouldve had Montana and Young : I'd have to put Dave Winfield and Deion Sanders in the argument with Bo as much as I am a big Bo fan.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Good call

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Posted by PatsEng

Jim Thorpe?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Greatest Football player, IDK.  Receiver- Probably, he's the most talented receiver I've ever seen.  But He stood in his own way more than anything else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

He didn't need the heart of Jerry Rice, or the brain

He just needed better quarterbacks than over-the-hill Daunte Culpepper and JaMarcus Russell

Even after wasting 3-4 years without a real QB including two in Oakland without an offense in general, he still had 153 TDs and 14853 yards.

Please.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Ok, can anyone really say that Rice would not still have been an incredible WR without two HoF QBs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Fact: If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

It's one thing to claim that he may have had the most potential of any WR, it's another to claim that he would have been. He played with some really good QB's at the top of their game (Cunningham, Culpepper pre injury, Farve, Brady and Cassell (a pro-bowler remember)). With his attitude about not always going 100% it's likely that he would not have had a much different career than he did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

He also would have been playing on that horrible baseball field at Candlestick, below sea level, slowest and worst surface in the league, NOT in a dome, NOT on carpet, NOT being the same player.  Never woulda worked.  Rice was the MAN for a whole lot of reasons. 
    Posted by TuckItOnce

how many games did he have during a blizzard? Moss had a few and did exceptionally well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

He would have done the same thing...ruin the situation he has a track record for that ...what difference would it have made he doesn't run short routes that the west coast requires...and Montana didn't have the arm to just throw a jump ball...that's why Montana and Rice were so great cause they knew where to be against a defense...Rice would split the defense going over the middle...

60maxpowero.com

Sections
Shortcuts