Fake Injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Fake Injuries

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Thanks for the reply and the post UD6.  I thought the Globe forum editors were hiding my posts...again.  We have an ongoing...uh...disagreement about journalistic integrity.  Unlike the Indy Star, which posts every bit of southy trash talk eminating from chow-duh country, the Globe editors have a penchant for refusing to post sentiments that are too painful for Patsy nation to read. Wasn't last night fun?   
    Posted by TheCurtainStainer[/QUOTE]

Just desserts as they say.  The funny this is that last week, I honestly thought the colts were beaten by the better team that day, but everyone here wanted to put in on Manning who really took what the defense gave him which wasn't much. 

Now we are hearing the same from this board and they are just hoping people like me have forgotten all that was said last week.  Did you see that the pats actually have built a wall and intentionally tried to trip a gunner like the jets were penalized for? 

Someone here suggested the punishment the jets should have received should have been more than the Pats got for spygate.  I wonder how the pats and the NFL will address this in the coming weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Funny how the same thing (not having a dog in the fight) didn't stop you from trashing the colts last week.  Try to be the man and take what you dish out like the board photo you use attempts to suggest you are.  Funny how today you meekly talk about sportsmanship when that has never been a consideration of yours in the past.  BTW - that washed QB you mention had a better game last week than yours did yesterday, but you keep believing he's washed up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Again, thanks for the link, and yes - it clearly shows a Pats player trying to trip the runner - he should be fined as should the team.  But, since NFL films is all over this, have they looked at a sampling of other teams' film?  Probably not.  Did BB "order" this done?  Don't know.  Has it happened more then once?  Don't know.  If we poured through Colts film would we see something similar?  Don't know.  But I do know the Pats player tried to trip the runner - and both he and the organization (if the organization is culpable) should be disciplined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, I haven't read the thread, but watching the game yesterday, I knew there would be one and I knew a certain number of fans would conveniently forget that the Pats invented this.

Still, you know it's getting pretty bad when the guys in the booth are chuckling out loud about the strategy and and saying things like "Now let's see if he comes right back on the next play."

It's true the Pats employed this strategy to some effect against the Colts, but the blatant use of it on almost every series was a bit over the top, it seems to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

"Waiter, some kleenex!"

pats had the jets off balance the first series, that was about it. a garbage touchdown at the end, 2 failed onside kicks. pats were lacking what we never do here in Tx:
    EXECUTION

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Just desserts as they say.  The funny this is that last week, I honestly thought the colts were beaten by the better team that day, but everyone here wanted to put in on Manning who really took what the defense gave him which wasn't much.  Now we are hearing the same from this board and they are just hoping people like me have forgotten all that was said last week.  Did you see that the pats actually have built a wall and intentionally tried to trip a gunner like the jets were penalized for?  Someone here suggested the punishment the jets should have received should have been more than the Pats got for spygate.  I wonder how the pats and the NFL will address this in the coming weeks.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hadn't seen that.  No love lost for the Jets here, but twice now New York teams have salved season ending heartache with stunning victories over these creeps, which runs a very close second to Colts victories on the list of things that make me ecstatic in sports.   

Missed that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Every team does this but for the Jets to do it 5 times hurts the integrity of the game. Especial when Bart Scott  walks around the side lines with that stupid smirk on his face.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Bull.  You chowds call everything gamesmanship, dating back to the snowblower usage which facilitated the winning field goal, the tuck rule, fake injuries, blatant molestation of wide receivers far beyond five yards and spygate.  And last night you got gamed and you're crying about it.  Pathetic.

Who the f*ck are you?

Is this your thing?

You create forum identities so you can crow about things you have nothing to do with.

Take your 42 posts and go crawl back under your rock, dipsh*t.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Bull.  You chowds call everything gamesmanship, dating back to the snowblower usage which facilitated the winning field goal, the tuck rule, fake injuries, blatant molestation of wide receivers far beyond five yards and spygate.  And last night you got gamed and you're crying about it.  Pathetic.

I second this motion.  I came on to see if any Pat fans were ironically upset about this strategy.   Sho' nuff!  I do want to tell y'all, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed the game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Fake Injuries:
    [QUOTE]Pathetic cheaters.  Every time the Pats get a first down the Jets fake an injury. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Get over it.  Happens in sports like basketball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Jules - there's even a non-PI reference.  Shocking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Who the f*ck are you? Is this your thing? You create forum identities so you can crow about things you have nothing to do with. Take your 42 posts and go crawl back under your rock, dipsh*t.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Calm down pee mikey.  I've been posting on this dump of a site for years, but I get banned because girls like you get their panties in a wad and the Globe editors ban me, so I keep changing my name and waiting for aftermaths of games like last night to make an appearance.  Hencethe 42 posts.  Quality, not quantity, I suppose.  I know that its infuriating to children like you to have a HAPPY COLTS FAN come into your neighborhood and gloat, but you've earned it.  You are clearly the most despised losers in sports, and the rest of the cheater hating sports world is dancing in the streets today.  And until the editors yank me again, I'll continue to lap your miscreant posts like sweet cream.  Thank you pee boy! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : I second this motion.  I came on to see if any Pat fans were ironically upset about this strategy.   Sho' nuff!  I do want to tell y'all, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed the game!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Yes, and we thoroughly enjoyed last weeks game.  Luckily for us, The Pats will be back next year.  Can you say the same?  Do you even have a QB not named Painter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A tactic I remember being utilized by many defenses against the Bills no huddle offenses of the Eighties. Cheap and Cheezy, but not illegal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Why yes, Pezz.  The Colts will be back next year.  Unless you totally ignore the fact that the Colts played the Jets much better than the Pats while having 18 players on the IR, you must recognize that the COLTS are primed for yet another return to the playoffs next year.  Not so sure about those Pats, though...don't think they can make it past those Jets... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Yes, and we thoroughly enjoyed last weeks game.  Luckily for us, The Pats will be back next year.  Can you say the same?  Do you even have a QB not named Painter?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Don't need one.  We've got one named Peyton and he's an oak tree.  He doesn't miss starts and he's in better shape than ever.  Of course, he played most of the season without Dallas Clark, Austin Collie and Anthony Gonzales, along with a dozen or so other starters, but we don't make excuses in Indianapolis.  Looking forward to seeing your two first round draft picks.  Let's see if it keeps you from another one and done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

In Response to Fake Injuries:
    [QUOTE]Pathetic cheaters.  Every time the Pats get a first down the Jets fake an injury. 
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!  I guess the Jets must've taken a page from Willie!! Ha!!!  Hilarious!  Take that, Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Funny how the same thing (not having a dog in the fight) didn't stop you from trashing the colts last week.  Try to be the man and take what you dish out like the board photo you use attempts to suggest you are.  Funny how today you meekly talk about sportsmanship when that has never been a consideration of yours in the past.  BTW - that washed QB you mention had a better game last week than yours did yesterday, but you keep believing he's washed up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

listen fluffer...
    you know damn well I didnt just trash gomer last week... I trashed him all year long... and well deserved it was... i could call you some nice names but then I would stoop to your little boy level.... which is typical of you... their is only one appropriate name for you....  troll and that says it all

let the jester fans have their laugh it will be short lived and I have no problem with it.... it means nothing...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Why yes, Pezz.  The Colts will be back next year.  Unless you totally ignore the fact that the Colts played the Jets much better than the Pats while having 18 players on the IR, you must recognize that the COLTS are primed for yet another return to the playoffs next year.  Not so sure about those Pats, though...don't think they can make it past those Jets... 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Not that injuries matter but the Pats have 19 players on IR, I believe that's one more than the poor injured colts, and won 14 games.  The Colts are old, injury prone and have no depth.  If you do happen to resign your overrated QB, it will maim you for the duration of his contract.  Better get used to playing with scabs because that's all you will be able to afford.  You are done, believe it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

whos crying...you won a game... big Fn deal...come back and gloat after you have actually won something typical of jest fan...  putting his mouth before the horse...on on the horse...or washing the horses feet......im not sure you connect those dots..     curtainstainer.. really???...do all you wierd *ss batches have some kind of kinky fetish???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : listen fluffer... you know damn well I didnt just trash gomer last week... I trashed him all year long... and well deserved it was... i could call you some nice names but then I would stoop to your little boy level.... which is typical of you... their is only one appropriate name for you....  troll and that says it all let the jester fans have their laugh it will be short lived and I have no problem with it.... it means nothing...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    Silly JC.  I can almost hear you crying through the computer.  Keep up the tough talk through the sniffles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I believe the NFL should look into some sort of commensurate penalty related to "fake injuries" as these "fakes" are not in the best interest of the game. I am not a Jets fan nor am I a Patriots fan. The game should come first and the "fakes" though understandable from a selfish standpoint are not in the best interest of football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Not that injuries matter but the Pats have 19 players on IR, I believe that's one more than the poor injured colts, and won 14 games.  The Colts are old, injury prone and have no depth.  If you do happen to resign your overrated QB, it will maim you for the duration of his contract.  Better get used to playing with scabs because that's all you will be able to afford.  You are done, believe it!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Name them puzz.  Were they starters?  Pro Bowlers?  Here's our list dufus:  Dallas Clark, starting tight end that had 100 catches last year, Pro Bowler, OWNS the patsies; Austin Collie, you remember him since he has torched you guys every time he's played you, Anthony Gonzales, our version of Wes Welker, Bob Sanders, hits like Palamalu and is the ONLY Colt who fits your "injury prone" label, Kelvin Hayden, Melvin Bullitt, Jerrod Powers, Clint Sessions, Ryan Diem...ALL starters and ALL Patriot killers, and you completely lucked out with a remarkable interception to thwart yet another game winning drive at the hands of the QB that had OWNED you the last several times we played.

Done?  What a tool.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Silly JC.  I can almost hear you crying through the computer.  Keep up the tough talk through the sniffles.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

LOL This from a fan of a team that struggled to get by the Jaguars. Too funny...

9-10

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Everyone needs to know and understand how rules come into being in all sports. Is it because of some Big Head/founder sitting in an office someplace pontificating on how he wants the game played? No! Rules are made, adjusted, "improved", and discarded by, now hold onto your seats: COACHES AND MANAGERS>

I'm sure that if the representative NFL wanted to put a stop to these faux injuries, we'd have a rule making it illegal (5 yard penalty, plus taking 30 seconds off the clock if the offense does it, adding 30 seconds if the defense does it). ALL coaches try to use this to their advantage, just as they use the sidelines (players leaving teh playing field and coming back in) in their game planning.

It's apparent that the NFL coaches have no problem with this faux injury stuff, so it'll be staying. A fake JETS! injury to Revis DID NOT cause Branch to drop the sure 1st down pass on 4th down on their long March To No Where.  Nor cause Welker to drop his, or Crumpler his TD pass. Nor the muffed fake punt. It's called EXECUTION. Sorry, but the JESTS! had nothing to do with those plays either. I find it amusing to think that some folks believe these mental errors are caused by slowing things down. Momentum is nothing without execution.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : LOL This from a fan of a team that struggled to get by the Jaguars. Too funny... 9-10
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

And yet played a better game vs. the Jets than your pats did.  Too funny, indeed.

Sections
Shortcuts