Fake Injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Fake Injuries

Curtesy of  Willie McGinest.  Blame your own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

At least 5 times, they faked an injury to slow down our momentum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Fake Injuries:
    Pathetic cheaters.  Every time the Pats get a first down the Jets fake an injury. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I'll be interested to see if any of them make it onto the injury report this week.  I thought it was interesting to see them writhing in pain only to see them return to the field the next play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries:
    ok - don't credit mcginest.  credit belichick for putting it in the team's mind.  Welcome to what comes around goes around.
    Posted by UD6

The Pats still needed to execute, but you're right in saying it is cheap

It's a cheap, legal way to stall the other team's offense and help an inferior defense stay fresh and stay organized even when the other team's QB can run a good hurry-up offense

And you can't really legislate it, either... what if a guy's really hurt at some point?  How would you verify?

That's why I'm interested to see the Jets' injury report this week

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So you are saying in the game when the pats beat the colts and Mcginest went down in order to stop the colts momentum that the pats were an inferior defense to the colts offense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Championship teams rise above adversity and find ways to win.  Last night the Pats could not rise above. So what if the Jets played the fake injury card!!!  All 32 teams do it and will forever do it.  You think the Patriots were shocked or crying?!  Grow up. This is Big Boy football.  All those things you say to Colt and Steeler fan, you need to stand and take yourself.  If you are a real fan, you can man up and swallow that bad medicine. We OWN it!

The Patriots lost because they did not play better.  Nothing in this life is guaranteed and certainly not entitled!

I hate they lost too, but the Jets played better.  NO WAY AROUND IT!!

Good season, Bad ending.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Willie McGinest
    Posted by UD6

Wait, the Pats slipped up and didn't include him the next week?  The Pats are usually smart about things like this...

I'm waiting to see if Revis will be listed, along with the four or five others who acted like European soccer players

At least for us it was just McGinnest (I think, although I wouldn't be surprised if we did this, too) ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Look, if its any consolation consider that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

Belichick tapes, the Jets tape. 
    Belichick sets a wall and try to trip a gunner, the Jets do the same. 
    Belichick has McGinest feign injury to stop the colts momentum, the Jets do it vs. Pats. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

So you are saying in the game when the pats beat the colts and Mcginest went down in order to stop the colts momentum that the pats were an inferior defense to the colts offense?
    Posted by UD6

Less talented, yes.  The Colts were faster, and the Pats usually wore out at the end of games

The Pats would jam the Colts to negate their speed and agility.  They didn't have great pass rush matchups one-on-one because this was before Polian threw all his linemen under a bus and you still had Lilja (who has done well in Kansas City this year) and Tarik Glenn (underrated and retired).  They won by disguising coverages to make Manning think that extra second, by jamming the receivers so they took an extra second to get to their spots, and by scheming their blitzes (nobody was bull rushing or speed rushing their qay easily to the QB except maybe Seymour when he felt like it).  The surprise LB or DB blitz is usually the only thing that gets to Manning quick enough to sack him or hit him, which you have to do to beat him outright when he has healthy WRs and TEs. 

And the one true advantage the Pats had was being physical, which they did to good effect earlier on - the disguises and schemes stopped working over time and the experienced veterans who could execute them grew old and slow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : So you are saying the Jets are more at fault because they did it more frequently?
    Posted by UD6

Gee dogggpoop, didn't expect to see you here for a few months.  Guess you couldn't resist rubbing our noses in a loss, and that's cool - we have you the business when the Colts spit the bit.  My question is - why are you drumming up hate and discontent and revisiting the already talked to death ills of one BB?  Get tired of the PM over TB argument.  Yup, we took it on the chin as did Indy, but we'll be a better team next year.  Will the Colts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : So you are saying the Jets are more at fault because they did it more frequently?
    Posted by UD6

Well, what's your stance on one-time offenders versus repeat offenders?

Same principle would apply here, no?  I'm not endorsing what happened, but it works.  It's what smart football teams do, which is everything they can to win

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Gee dogggpoop, didn't expect to see you here for a few months.  Guess you couldn't resist rubbing our noses in a loss, and that's cool - we have you the business when the Colts spit the bit.  My question is - why are you drumming up hate and discontent and revisiting the already talked to death ills of one BB?  Get tired of the PM over TB argument.  Yup, we took it on the chin as did Indy, but we'll be a better team next year.  Will the Colts?
    Posted by gr82bme

Why?  I was here last Saturday after the colts lost, taking it like I should.  Not surprisingly, many of the loudest chose not to show up last night after the game.  Go figure. 

I would think the colts should be better next year, but they certainly have some work to do.  Oline needs work.  Some decisions at rb need to be made.  Our healthy receiving corps in its entirety could be the best in the NFL.  Linebacker finally could be a strength.  DB is a concern.  By the end of the season the colts had lost 6 starters - both corners and 4 safeties (3 replacing the previous starter)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Well, what's your stance on one-time offenders versus repeat offenders? Same principle would apply here, no?  I'm not endorsing what happened, but it works.  It's what smart football teams do, which is everything they can to win
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Are you saying the pats only did this that one time 7-8 years ago? I honestly can't comment, but I'd bet against that possibility. 

I am not faulting the Jets, nor should pats fans for this.  The fact is the pats have employed the very same tactic to their advantage.  That an opponent might do it successfully against them is getting their just deserts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Why?  I was here last Saturday after the colts lost, taking it like I should.  Not surprisingly, many of the loudest chose not to show up last night after the game.  Go figure.  I would think the colts should be better next year, but they certainly have some work to do.  Oline needs work.  Some decisions at rb need to be made.  Our healthy receiving corps in its entirety could be the best in the NFL.  Linebacker finally could be a strength.  DB is a concern.  By the end of the season the colts had lost 6 starters - both corners and 4 safeties (3 replacing the previous starter)
    Posted by UD6

I wasn't questioning "why" you were here - like I said, you took alot of ribbing last week.  I was questioning "why" you "need" to dog (pun intended) BB?  I bet he'd be the first to say he was outcoached.  I also bet TB would be the first to admit he was outplayed as well.  So while I can understand you giving us what we gave you, I'm not really sure why posted the venom with respect to BB.  But hey, it's a free country - flame on.  Looking forward to next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Are you saying the pats only did this that one time 7-8 years ago? I honestly can't comment, but I'd bet against that possibility.  I am not faulting the Jets, nor should pats fans for this.  The fact is the pats have employed the very same tactic to their advantage.  That an opponent might do it successfully against them is getting their just deserts. 
    Posted by UD6

I'm only taking your word that McGinnest did it.  You saw my thoughts on how the Colts and Pats matched up and I thought it would help even the odds, especially because the hurry-up can tire out a defense or prevent them from subbing in better personnel matchups

I'm more curious why you feel like you have to assert yourself over me - I've always tried to have civil conversations with you here minus the troll talk with a bit of homerism on both our parts. 

I hope this board gives you the boost to your self-esteem that you're clearly seeking.  If it makes you feel any better, I am mildly annoyed by your posts right now, so you've clearly succeeded in asserting yourself.  Congrats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Gr8 - I don't ever believe a single word Belichick says publicly.  He is well known for saying nothing and being secretive.  There's no way of knowing what he thinks or believes based on what he says. 

belichick has been demonstrated time and again that he will go beyond the rules to get a win.  Nixon anyone. 

On this very thread a pats fan is complaining about a tactic Belichick used 7-8 years to stop the colts momentum.  Tough.

On this board, pats fans were apoplectic about the lack of punishment Sal Alosi got for setting a wall and tripping a player when it has now been shown that Belichick's pats did the EXACT same thing and has been reported that a Pats player brought the tactic to the Jets.  Further, Belichick, himself, jumped in the way of Marvin Harrison many years ago to keep him from returning to the field.  Lets see how the league handles this. 

Spygate is well known. 

If Belichick is a coaching genius (a phrase frequently used to describe him) then why resort to this BS?   I just wonder what other BS he has pulled.  I am sure there is more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Fake Injuries:
    Pathetic cheaters.  Every time the Pats get a first down the Jets fake an injury. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Cromartie was right.  Karma is not something to be taken lightly, though his language was, say, a bit more colorful.  I particularly liked the Jet's two "injuries" that stopped Patriot drives cold.  They were reminiscent of Willie McGinnest's Golden Globe-worthy performance at the RCA Dome followed by a sprint to mid field to desecrate our turf and celebrate your victory back in '04...kind of like all of those Jets flying around the razor after last night's game.  Those two drive killing time outs might have cost the Pats the game, and they were straight out of the BB...er...play book, if you aren't too embarrassed to call it that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : I'm only taking your word that McGinnest did it.  You saw my thoughts on how the Colts and Pats matched up and I thought it would help even the odds, especially because the hurry-up can tire out a defense or prevent them from subbing in better personnel matchups I'm more curious why you feel like you have to assert yourself over me - I've always tried to have civil conversations with you here minus the troll talk with a bit of homerism on both our parts.  I hope this board gives you the boost to your self-esteem that you're clearly seeking.  If it makes you feel any better, I am mildly annoyed by your posts right now, so you've clearly succeeded in asserting yourself.  Congrats.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I am sorry you don't see my responses as civil.  They are about the subject matter, not you.  On the other hand, you've moved from the subject matter to attacking me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Gr8 - I don't ever believe a single word Belichick says publicly.  He is well known for saying nothing and being secretive.  There's no way of knowing what he thinks or believes based on what he says.  belichick has been demonstrated time and again that he will go beyond the rules to get a win.  Nixon anyone.  On this very thread a pats fan is complaining about a tactic Belichick used 7-8 years to stop the colts momentum.  Tough. On this board, pats fans were apoplectic about the lack of punishment Sal Alosi got for setting a wall and tripping a player when it has now been shown that Belichick's pats did the EXACT same thing and has been reported that a Pats player brought the tactic to the Jets.  Further, Belichick, himself, jumped in the way of Marvin Harrison many years ago to keep him from returning to the field.  Lets see how the league handles this.  Spygate is well known.  If Belichick is a coaching genius (a phrase frequently used to describe him) then why resort to this BS?   I just wonder what other BS he has pulled.  I am sure there is more.
    Posted by UD6

While I agree with you that Pats fans shouldn't be griping about anything other than being ouplayed, I still don't understand your continued hating on BB.  I heard about the film your speaking of, but haven't seen it yet (surprised it wasn't all over ESPN).  So, until then, I'll reserve judgement.  I do wonder why the topic of this film wasn't brought up sooner - the incident with the Jets happened what, a month ago?  Now, all of a sudden there's a film of BB and the Pats doing the same thing?  Coincidence?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  But the timing is strange to say the least.  Spygate is well known, but that happened years ago - and, as has been pointed out to you by many posters - other football coaches admitted to doing the same thing (Jimmy Johnson, Ditka, etc.).  Are you so sure the Colts didn't do it as well, but just happned to not be caught?  BB has five SB rings, two as a D coordinator.  He is, despite the last few years of playoff disappointments, one of the best coaches ever - just look at his record.  Are you telling me you wouldn't want him as Indy's coach if you had the chance?  The fact is ALL coaches try to gain an advantage. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

Posted by UD6

Please tell me you're not serious.  Edgerin James had just run the ball down your throats and our hurry up had your old, fat D linemen gasping and McGinnest went down.  Time out.  Reconfigure D.  Come in and make goal line stand that ended game and caused us to lose home field advantage.  Afterward, McGinnest SPRINTED to midfield and desecrated our house.  Pig.  And all at BB's orders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I think this would have been buried had the Jets and Pats not faced each other.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/16/video-shows-pats-used-wall-tried-to-trip-jets-gunner/ As for Jimmy Johnson - its not surprising that he was defending the pats AGAIN over this newly discovered matter.  I don't know if the colts have done either of these things, but you cannot assume they did just because there is no evidence that they did not.  I am not one to believe all coaches try to gain an advantage through subversive means like Belichick.  IF that's what makes him the best then he really isn't.
    Posted by UD6

Thanks for the link, but I never "assumed" the Colts did anything - I merely brought up the fact that they very well could have but didn't get caught.  But there have been rumors that they did "subversive" things in their old dome, like piping in noise and cranking up the heat.  I don't really think either of those things should make a difference if they in fact did them.  But to "assume" the Colts don't walk up to the edge is folly.  Colts dirty?  Not that I know of.  Are they squeaky clean?  Don't know that either - and neither do you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Willie McGinest
    Posted by UD6

figures the head troll who doesnt even have a dog in the fight would be on here chokin on his own .....

no excuses we lost....

when you are invloved in the competetive sports one thing you learn quick is you cant win them all...the improtant thing is to handle yourself with sportsmanship....   you have to be invloved in a few of those big games to understand that troll......  its not the first dissapointing loss and I am sure it wont be the last... but there will also be our fair share of wins...  not for you though cause gomer is washed up...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Exactly.
    Posted by UD6

Thanks for the reply and the post UD6.  I thought the Globe forum editors were hiding my posts...again.  We have an ongoing...uh...disagreement about journalistic integrity.  Unlike the Indy Star, which posts every bit of southy trash talk eminating from chow-duh country, the Globe editors have a penchant for refusing to post sentiments that are too painful for Patsy nation to read.

Wasn't last night fun?   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : figures the head troll who doesnt even have a dog in the fight would be on here chokin on his own ..... no excuses we lost.... when you are invloved in the competetive sports one thing you learn quick is you cant win them all...the improtant thing is to handle yourself with sportsmanship....   you have to be invloved in a few of those big games to understand that troll......  its not the first dissapointing loss and I am sure it wont be the last... but there will also be our fair share of wins...  not for you though cause gomer is washed up...
    Posted by jcour382

Funny how the same thing (not having a dog in the fight) didn't stop you from trashing the colts last week.  Try to be the man and take what you dish out like the board photo you use attempts to suggest you are. 

Funny how today you meekly talk about sportsmanship when that has never been a consideration of yours in the past. 

BTW - that washed QB you mention had a better game last week than yours did yesterday, but you keep believing he's washed up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Dr. Schadenfreude I presume.

Sections
Shortcuts