Fake Injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Fake Injuries

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries:
    In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : And yet played a better game vs. the Jets than your pats did.  Too funny, indeed.
    Posted by UD6

I'll tell ya' dogggturd, you should hit open mike night at your local comedy club.  Because you are one funny dude.  Didn't know you earned "style points" in losses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : I'll tell ya' dogggturd, you should hit open mike night at your local comedy club.  Because you are one funny dude.  Didn't know you earned "style points" in losses.
    Posted by gr82bme

Yo, great to be you, you don't earn style points in losses.  YOU earn the derision of every decent sports fan west of PRAHvidence.  All of America is enjoying this loss but patriotard nation.  Choke it back little boy...that's it...choke it back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Yo great to be you, You don't earn style points in losses.  YOU earn the derision of every decent sports fan west of PRAHvidence.  All of America is enjoying this loss but patriotard nation.  Chocke it back little boy...that's it...choke it back.
    Posted by TheCurtainStainer

Obviously poopstain, you've not yet mastered the fine art of reading comprehension.  But, you have mastered the "fine" art of chat-board bullying.  "Little boy?"  Really, that's what you're bringing?  If you want to bust our chops, is it too much to ask that you do so with a small measure of wit, intelligence, and humor?  Your folks must be proud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Wow...Fellow Pats fans...Embrace The Hate. Its what happens when our team stays competitive for a long duration of time. The Pats are now the Yankees of the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

Wow...Fellow Pats fans...Embrace The Hate. Its what happens when our team stays competitive for a long duration of time. The Pats are now the Yankees of the NFL.
    Posted by Rodimus77

Hmmm...since we have beaten you 5 out of the last 7 times and won the Lombardi more recently than you, it would stand to reason that people would hate the Colts as much as the patsies, yet the only vitriol we receive on the Indy Star chat board comes from patriotard nation.

Is it possible that something besides your success has something to do with how badly you are loathed west of PRAHvidence?  Like your hubris and your cheating?   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : You're right.  "Doggturd" ascends to the heights of southy eloquence.

I've been corresponding with Dogggturd for many months and good-naturedly tease him - he knows I'm pulling his chain.  You on the other hand, talk about "choke on this little boy" or words to that effect.  There's a difference between good-natured teasing and outright venom.  But I guess you're not intelligent enough to know the difference.  Oh well, like I said earlier, your folks must be really proud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : I've been corresponding with Dogggturd for many months and good-naturedly tease him - he knows I'm pulling his chain.  You on the other hand, talk about "choke on this little boy" or words to that effect.  There's a difference between good-natured teasing and outright venom.  But I guess you're not intelligent enough to know the difference.  Oh well, like I said earlier, your folks must be really proud.
    Posted by gr82bme

Do you even know your folks?  I'm thinking that if "little boy" ranks above "doggturd" on your venom list, maybe not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Do you even know your folks?  I'm thinking that if "little boy" ranks above "doggturd" on your venom list, maybe not.

Yes I do.  And once again, you miss the point, but that's not surprising.  Try this:  re-read your first post to me, or better yet, have your Mom, Dad, significant other, or whoever read it and see what they think.  The pedophilian undertone was a bit weird, to put it mildly.  If you can't understand that, there's nothing I can say to convince you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Not that injuries matter but the Pats have 19 players on IR, I believe that's one more than the poor injured colts, and won 14 games.  The Colts are old, injury prone and have no depth.  If you do happen to resign your overrated QB, it will maim you for the duration of his contract.  Better get used to playing with scabs because that's all you will be able to afford.  You are done, believe it!
    Posted by pezz4pats

Yawn...seems like we've heard this from y'all year after year.  And yet the Colts hold the record with nine straight playoff appearances.  You must be quite discouraged predicting a Colt demise year after year and being wrong...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Curtesy of  Willie McGinest.  Blame your own.
    Posted by UD6

I was going to reference that as well.

Come on Pats fans, enough with the sour grapes. The Pats got beat. Outplayed. Outcoached, and outscored, simple as that.

They had opportunites...and dropped TDs, first downs, and failed to fall on a loose onside kick while Brady put up one of his worst performances of the year. They made 0 big plays when the Jets made enough.

Faking injuries is part of football, every team does it. I wish the NFL would tweak rules to remove it from the game. If you can't get off the field under your own power, I think it's reasonable that player should not be allowed to return for the whole series. No more sitting on the field for 5 mins because you got a cramp. Adopt a soccer-like approach, keep playing or get another player in there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Yawn...seems like we've heard this from y'all year after year.  And yet the Colts hold the record with nine straight playoff appearances.  You must be quite discouraged predicting a Colt demise year after year and being wrong...
    Posted by JulesWinfield

It would probably surprise Pezz to find out only 14 pats were on IR and the average age of the current colts is .6 years older than that of the pats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Curtesy of  Willie McGinest.  Blame your own.
    Posted by UD6

You can't spell courtesy?  Really?  I'm stunned.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

And for the record, I agree that faking injuries is pathetic pseudo-cheating.  It's similar to Jeter pretending to be hit by a pitch.  Very poor sportsmanship, and the Pats have a reason to be upset.  As others have pointed out, however, the Pats have utilized this strategy in the past (and maybe even pioneered the strategy as many have suggested), so I basically consider the outrage to be hilarious and extremely hypocritical...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

And for the record, I agree that faking injuries is pathetic pseudo-cheating.  It's similar to Jeter pretending to be hit by a pitch.  Very poor sportsmanship, and the Pats have a reason to be upset.  As others have pointed out, however, the Pats have utilized this strategy in the past (and maybe even pioneered the strategy as many have suggested), so I basically consider the outrage to be hilarious and extremely hypocritical...
    Posted by JulesWinfield

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't the rule that requires a player who holds up play due to injury be removed for at least one play a direct result of the Pats' shenanigans against the Colts?

And does anyone see New Jersey's complete mockery of this rule as a reason to revisit it?

Or do we simply let it go because it wasn't the Pats this time?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : You can't spell courtesy?  Really?  I'm stunned.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Pretty amazing, huh?  I know.  Really I can spell courtesy, but I am not immune to mistakes.  Its a part of being human.  Further, I really don't care all that much about spelling or grammar on a message board.  It is conversational.  However, when I get called out for such indescretions, I often can be quick to point out the frequent mistakes of those who like to use it as some sort of bashing.  This is the second time you've taken me to task for such things.  You'd better be perfect going forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : I may be wrong about this, but wasn't the rule that requires a player who holds up play due to injury be removed for at least one play a direct result of the Pats' shenanigans against the Colts? And does anyone see New Jersey's complete mockery of this rule as a reason to revisit it? Or do we simply let it go because it wasn't the Pats this time?
    Posted by p-mike

I believe if a player goes down, he must either sit out a play or a timeout must be taken by the team.  In the last 2 minutes, an injury results in an automatic timeout.  What I don't know is whether or not, during those last two minutes, the injured player has to come off the field for a play.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Pretty amazing, huh?  I know.  Really I can spell courtesy, but I am not immune to mistakes.  Its a part of being human.  Further, I really don't care all that much about spelling or grammar on a message board.  It is conversational.  However, when I get called out for such indescretions, I often can be quick to point out the frequent mistakes of those who like to use it as some sort of bashing.  This is the second time you've taken me to task for such things.  You'd better be perfect going forward.
    Posted by UD6

It may be the last.  Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Davedsone - I am very confused. 

You are a colts hater yet your tagline is from a colts coach.  Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There are rules for injuries and timeouts:

Injuries

20. If a player is injured during the game and has to be helped by training staff, the officials will call an injury timeout. The injured player's team is not charged a timeout, but that player has to leave the field for at least one play. If the team elects to use one of its timeouts, though, then the player doesn't have to go out for a play.

In the last two minutes of each half, injury timeouts are charged to the player's team. If the team is out of timeouts and a player gets injured, the action depends on whether the player is on offense or defense. If he's on offense, then the defense has the option of having the officials take 10 seconds off the game clock. If he's on defense, the play clock resets to 40 seconds, which allows the offense to take more time off the clock if it so chooses. Subsequent injury timeouts also result in a 5-yard penalty for the injured player's team. These rules are designed to prevent players from feigning injury to preserve time on the clock.

21. Now it seemed Bart Scott was injured a few times that stopped the clock. The play-by-play on ESPN has him stopping the clock once for injury. Revis as well stopped the clock for injury in the 4th quarter, but no timeout was assessed for either Scott or Revis. (Both stoppages happened before two minutes left but under five minutes) I don't recall either player taking a play off. In fact, in the 4th I thought Scott was in on the next play he was injured but I could be wrong.

My question is - if they didn't leave the field, then why weren't the rules enforced for timeouts? 

Edit: Note that being charged timeouts would not have changed the outcome of the game. The two stoppages noted by the ESPN play-by-play would have been timeouts 2 and 3 for the Jets. But again, shouldn't they have been assessed?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Davedsone - I am very confused.  You are a colts hater yet your tagline is from a colts coach.  Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself?
    Posted by UD6

Yes, you are very confused.  Glad you finally recognized that.  BUT you are wrong.  I am by no means a Colt hater.  They have their place in the NFL, and they do things I don't like, but in the overall scheme of things, they are WAY WAY down on my hate meter.  More of an honest rivalry.  What I HATE is you, coming here, and cheerleading for them.  It is inappropriate.  I don't hang around Colts fan sites obsessing over the Colts.  You come here, and obsess over the Patriots.  See the difference?  It's YOU I don't like.  Get it now?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think the players did come out of the game.  I remember the comment about Revis being out for the play and seem to remember the broadcasters saying something about or showing Scott out of the game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think the players did come out of the game.  I remember the comment about Revis being out for the play and seem to remember the broadcasters saying something about or showing Scott out of the game.
    Posted by UD6

Pool came out of the game. I would like more people to weigh in than you. You have a history of making things up.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Here is a quote from a player once with the Jets that says it is common practice and taught by the Jets. I don't particularly mind the tactic because I believe many teams employ it but lets call a spade a spade.

Former Jets kicker Jay Feely saw what happened and Tweeted that indeed the Jets were likely faking injury for rest purposes. It was a smart move by New York since it was hot in Miami and any needed break was welcome. But it still felt kind of dirty.

"The broadcast is dead on with the fake injury thing," Feely explained. "Jets often tell a guy on kickoff to fake an injury to give the [defense] a breather."

You mean, they cheat?

Feely later Tweeted to me: "Lots of teams do it. Tell a guy to fake a cramp after the kickoff is over to give the defense a breather when they are tired."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14024962/newest-craze-in-nfl-cheating-hamstring-hoax

In Response to Re: Fake Injuries : Pool came out of the game. I would like more people to weigh in than you. You have a history of making things up.
    Posted by EnochRoot

sour grapes.

Here is a quote from a player once with the Jets that says it is common practice and taught by the Jets. I don't particularly mind the tactic because I believe many teams employ it but lets call a spade a spade. Former Jets kicker Jay Feely saw what happened and Tweeted that indeed the Jets were likely faking injury for rest purposes. It was a smart move by New York since it was hot in Miami and any needed break was welcome. But it still felt kind of dirty. "The broadcast is dead on with the fake injury thing," Feely explained. "Jets often tell a guy on kickoff to fake an injury to give the [defense] a breather." You mean, they cheat? Feely later Tweeted to me: "Lots of teams do it. Tell a guy to fake a cramp after the kickoff is over to give the defense a breather when they are tired." http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14024962/newest-craze-in-nfl-cheating-hamstring-hoax
    Posted by Rerun85

Blame willie Mcginest and Bill Belichick

• Sections
    Shortcuts