Fakegate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Fakegate

Oh good . . .

I was wondering when we were going to get back around to Sypgate.

We don't talk about it nearly enough around here.

Undecided

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Fakegate:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Now you ARE just being a troll.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yes - but this was just too much for me to ignore.  Look, I am allowed.  I'll never forget Mcginest's perfectly timed "injury".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yes cause no one in the history of the Colts franchise has ever slowed a game down by faking an injury. Get off your high horse and stop being a troll.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Tas, people on this board are complaining about this.  Brady was annoyed with it in the last game.  The colts have been dealing with teams doing this to them for years, but all of a sudden Manning's out and this becomes a top news story. 

forgive me if I am a little annoyed at the attention to it now by hypocrites who's teams have employed it when it was in their interest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amun. Show amun's posts

Maybe this will help.....

How is Manning doing?

seen a Colts game recently?

.....need more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever, go back to rooting for your sad sack Red Sox. Or are they the Yankee's? So hard to tell them apart these days.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Here is how you tell them apart, the Yankees are the team going to playoffs.

I'd actually describe the Red Sox and Patriots the same way though.  Team stinks, never wins, stadium empty..... new ownership, team wins, everyone has been a life long fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the league sent out a memo.  For your guys sake, I hope that Belichick got it and that someone explained it to him so that he couldn't misinterpret it.  He's been involved with this fake injury thing before, you know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

haha but look: EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT TOO

nice to see that even with Peyton Manning injured, you're still holier than thou

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : haha but look: EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT TOO nice to see that even with Peyton Manning injured, you're still holier than thou
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I know - but why complain about it when your team utilizes it as well? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

It's not cheating. There should be a rule specific to when the no-huddle is being run, designed to limit what the defense gains from the "fake" injury. Do not allow defensive substitutions except for the "injured" player. That way you're not putting the ref in a position of guessing whether or not the player is actually injured,the team on defense isn't unnessasarily penalized if the injury is real, and the defense isn't allowed to sub rested players or players that match up better to what the O is doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Yes - but this was just too much for me to ignore.  Look, I am allowed.  I'll never forget Mcginest's perfectly timed "injury".
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] This from the fan of a team who's owner changes the rules yearly to benefit his team,and pumps louder than humanly possible sound levels into his stadium only when it benefits his team,talk about subverting the rules!!! From the land of the phoney baloney ghost Pass interference calls to bail out a loser of a QB,we get this crud... Stay home young man you are clearly out of your element.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

All this "gate" stuff started, of course, after "Watergate", the DC hotel of Nixon infamy.

Makes you wonder what these scandals would have been named if the break-in had occurred at the Four Seasons, the Ritz Carlton, etc.

And eventually we'll have a scandal involving an actual gate.  That will be called "GateGate" and we'll mercifully be done with this nonsense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't know Tas.  Can't think of a specific event done in order to slow down a drive, but I do know that NE has done it against the colts as have many other teams because no one until this year ran the no huddle like Indy. 

And ultimately, my point isn't about teams doing it but rather about fans of teams who have done it complaining about it now.  Its hypocritical.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : The Commisioners office destroyed the evidence and then dished out the largest fine and harshest penalty in league history.  Those are facts.  Whatever they found was a big deal. It speaks to the guilty conscience and insecurity of Pats fans that a discussion about faking injuries turns into a defense (against no attack) of the Patriots cheating scandal. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

That could be, or it could be that Goodell had nothing & destroyed "evidence" so no one would second guess him or show the lack of evidence, especially in light of the Jets being caught doing the same thing. He bluffs & the American public & NY media buy it.

While we're on the subject of the Jets, they were caught filming also, how do you know the footage wasn't from their camera? Goodell's wife stole the film & gave it to FOX, & Goodell's investigation of how the film was taken from his house resulted in no conviction of either him or his wife. He says he doesn't know how it happened. He lied, so how can anything he claims happened be believed?

As for the Giants it will be the same as the other NY team, lack of evidence is what they'll claim, no action taken. This is exactly what 5 team owners said this year, NY teams get favoritism shown to them by Goodell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Look at the way these girls just fell to the ground like they were injured, they weren't even in a srum or anything. Two players at the same time walking abck to the huddle. WTFk, A complete insult to the game and the fans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/20/deon-grant-giants-fake-injury-rams_n_970957.html

Even Sam Bradford says he heard them say someone needs to stay down and fake a cramp.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6998362/st-louis-rams-file-claim-nfl-new-york-giants-faked-injuries

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, it was real. The Jets attempt to weaken NE was very, very real.  Translation: You are a dopey pink hat, born sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, who has yet to apply to college. You failed to answer every single question I had above, and that speaks volumes. The point is, the fine SHOULDN'T have been the largest, Corky. Do I need tp post Cowher's exact words yet again to make you look like more of a fool than you already are?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
       I dont think that is possible, Russ. Like Ron White says, "you cant fix stupid".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ebb and flow...Everyone wants to control it somehow..
    Pretty simple but what the league is actually going to do about
    reamins to be seen...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Yay, more ways fines and punishments can be levied based on perception. Goodell is an idiot. Having the injured player sit out for a series is the best solution, it takes perception out of the equation.

NFL warns teams that faking injuries could lead to suspensions

NFL warns teams that faking injuries could lead to suspensionsGive Roger Goodell credit for this: When he thinks something is amiss in the NFL, he acts swiftly.

In a memo sent out Wednesday to all 32 teams, the league warned that faking injuries during games could lead to fines, suspensions and a loss of draft picks.

The memo comes two days after two New York Giants players, including cornerback Deon Grant(notes), were accused of faking injuries to slow down the St. Louis Rams no-huddle offense. In insisting he wasn't faking, Grant comes across as credible as a fifth-grader explaining why he doesn't have his homework.

Goodell and the league office didn't buy it and responded quickly, before the NFL saw more diving than a World Cup game.

The memo reads, in part:

"Going forward, be advised that should the league office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected of being involved in faking injuries will be summoned promptly to this office … to discuss the matter. Those found to be violators will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the game.

"We have been fortunate that teams and players have consistently complied with the spirit of the rule over the years and this has not been an issue for the NFL. We are determined to take all necessary steps to ensure that it does not become an issue."

Deadspin thinks they're empty words. Really? In the recent past, Goodell has shown his fondness for levying fines based on perception, so this is a perfect template for him. All those fines for illegal hits show the commissioner doesn't care about the intent of an action. A dirty hit is a dirty hit, even if you didn't mean it. Thus, if it looks like you've faked an injury for a competitive advantage, then that's what Goodell is going to believe. When has a player's denial mattered at all in terms of how much he's fined?

The memo should put an end to the egregious faking-of-injury trend quickly. (I use trend loosely. Very loosely. It was one guy on Monday night.) We'll forget about it by midseason. Dangerous hits are a part of football. Weeding them out will take years, by which time the sport will look like a game of touch football at the Kennedy Compound. Faking injuries isn't, which is why Goodell will have no trouble getting rid of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The simple answer for this would be to make any player needing medical attention sit for the next X amount of snaps. Four snaps? Six Snaps? Something to deter the defense from using this tactic might be the answer. 

Thoughts?

Excellent , football is going to have a penalty box.  Hey soccer, you see this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]The simple answer for this would be to make any player needing medical attention sit for the next X amount of snaps. Four snaps? Six Snaps? Something to deter the defense from using this tactic might be the answer.  Thoughts? Excellent , football is going to have a penalty box.  Hey soccer, you see this?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Don't know if there is an answer.  No body is going to admit faking and it would be hard to prove.  The best thing would be to make it X series but then the coaches will just send in a scrub to get it done.  But if they did that, it would be very obvious and maybe if so, those coaches should be subject to penalty.
    Personally, I think 75 % of them are bogus.  It's amazing it's always a defensive player hurt with "cramps".  What are the odds?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

the NHL has a rule for this the NFL should look into this and modify it for football.

Rule 64 - Diving / Embellishment

64.1 Diving / Embellishment – Any player who blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury shall be penalized with a minor penalty under this rule.

A goalkeeper who deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or who otherwise acts to create the appearance of other than incidental contact with an attacking player, is subject to the assessment of a minor penalty for diving / embellishment.

64.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who attempts to draw a penalty by his actions (“diving / embellishment”).

64.3 Fines and Suspensions - Regardless if a minor penalty for diving / embellishment is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players or goalkeepers who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury.www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26315">See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline. The call on the ice by the Referee is totally independent of supplementary discipline.

The first such incident during the season will result in a warning letter being sent to the player or goalkeeper. The second such incident will result in a one thousand dollar ($1,000) fine. For a third such incident in the season, the player shall be suspended for one game, pending a telephone conversation with the Director of Hockey Operations. For subsequent violations in the same season, the player’s suspension shall double (i.e. first suspension – one game, second suspension – two games, third suspension – four games, etc.) See also Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Isn't one of the advantages of running the no huddle is that it makes substitutions almost impossible without incurring a 12 men on the field penalty

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Don't know if there is an answer.  No body is going to admit faking and it would be hard to prove.  The best thing would be to make it X series but then the coaches will just send in a scrub to get it done.  But if they did that, it would be very obvious and maybe if so, those coaches should be subject to penalty. Personally, I think 75 % of them are bogus.  It's amazing it's always a defensive player hurt with "cramps".  What are the odds?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pats will penalize fakers by running up the score and stealing other teams' cheerleaders.