Faking injuries to slow the no huddle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Faking injuries to slow the no huddle

Blame your own. 

First time I saw it happen (and it worked) was colts vs. pats (playoffs?) circa 03. 

colts driving, no huddle, killing the pats defense.  Down goes McGinest.  Stopped the colts drive cold. 

If NE's no huddle is magic this year.  You can expect to see this, and there should be no crying by pats fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Ya, it's getting ridiculous and is very frustrating, but remember we have used it many a time when playing against Pay-me-a-ton Mannning!  Remember Willie McG?  I can't remember the year, but I know we've done the same thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm not talking about just the Pats Dogg, its happening league-wide way too much. Ya, I'm sure the Pats invented this tactic in that game too lol. If the Pats do it, they should get punished too, its slowing down the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Faking injuries to slow the no huddle:
    Blame your own.  First time I saw it happen (and it worked) was colts vs. pats (playoffs?) circa 03.  colts driving, no huddle, killing the pats defense.  Down goes McGinest.  Stopped the colts drive cold.  If NE's no huddle is magic this year.  You can expect to see this, and there should be no crying by pats fans.
    Posted by UD6

TROLL you lose more crediblilty (as if you had any left) when you try to use an example and dont know what the heck your talking about! No it wasn't the playoffs, no the Colts drive wasnt stopped cold, they drove the field had 1ST AND GOAL and couldnt puch it in. Mcguinest went down after 2nd down and returned for 4th. P.S. Your Colts look good this year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I know.  I heard discussion about it this morning. 

Everyone figured that solid, vet offenses would take advantage of defenses, and that's what's happening, especially with the hurry up.   

They won't legislate anything this year, but if it does go too far, I'll bet you'll see some rules changes next year.  I just don't like Pats fans bringing it up, because 1) you used it effectively vs. us.  2) the colts were one of the teams to utilize it best - even to the point that guys like Tas (mvpkilla) and others said the colts were a soft team playing that way. 

Now the pats utilize it (very very well, I might add) and even employ the tricks to snap the ball when the opposition has 12 on the field to get a penalty (another formerly bashed tactic of the colts). 

Obviously, belichick saw what Manning could do, and knew that Brady could do it too and took off his leash.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's nothing new and it isn't going to change. It is embarrasing when the player acts like a sniper shot him from the stands though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Simple..instead of having to sit out one play somone forcing an injury time-out has to sit out 6 plays!

That will stop it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Blame your own.  First time I saw it happen (and it worked) was colts vs. pats (playoffs?) circa 03.  colts driving, no huddle, killing the pats defense.  Down goes McGinest.  Stopped the colts drive cold.  If NE's no huddle is magic this year.  You can expect to see this, and there should be no crying by pats fans.
    Posted by UD6

Yeah that was a good one.  May of cost the colts a SB ring must hurt....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Posted by UD6

you are whinning about it because the colts lost that game too. why are you even on this forum anyways? nobody cares about the colts here , they are the worst team in the league, worse than the bengals. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

anyone see Brady walk over and say something to one of the chargers players who went down?  clearly, he wasn't buying the injury

the answer is that player has to be out of the rest of series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think one way to combat that kind of gamesmanship is to start running the ball,  get the D out of the mode and then go right back into the no huddle. I thought it was obvious too, but you can't prove who is hurt and who isn't.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I think they have to do something like give an extra timeout each half that is only for injuries.  However, anytime a player is injured a timeout is used by the team. 

This will scruw some teams at times, but it might eliminate this type of shenanigan. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Faking injuries to slow the no huddle : No one bashed quick snap tactics, dumbo.  Why do you do this? Why do you act like the NFL started with Gomer Manning? Yes, Belichick saw Manning and let Brady loose. No, it's called Brady finally got toys to play with after NE was able to get weapons in the team model/cap structure, so it helped Brady's offense and what they could start doing. Brady was as good or Manning by 2002, Undies. It was the personnel around each that made the difference.  Just forget it. Some and now many feel Brady is the better QB. Gomer wasted 4 or 5 his first NFL seasons not being dominant throwing a lot of INTs. Brady did not. And you think they can add a rule to penalize for fake injuries? What do you suggest, a lie detector test on the field?

Russ - please don't.  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've defended the colts no huddle and quick play tactics on this board.  The fact is the pats offense has now morphed into a more colts like offense and your team is doing exactly what the colts did. 

You may not have been one of those that bashed, but it was prevalent on this board. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

did anybody else notice how much more irrelevant ud6 is since manning's neck injury?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

did anybody else notice how much more irrelevent the colts are since Manning's neck injury?

OT: Yes, it's a tactic used by all defenses and unfortunetly when you run a no-huddle after a lock-out players are going to use it more often. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Faking injuries to slow the no huddle : Quag -  you might be the thinnest skinned poster on this board.  You never fail to "lose it" when you are reminded of past pats shenanigans.  I am sure you are one of those that will go apesh*t when someone pulls this on your pats.   As they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, but you my friend are a big fan of hypocrisy.
    Posted by UD6

Hey doggy troll, not thin skinned or exciteable. Just cant stand it when a proven MORON starts to quote folks (like you have dont many times in the past) or brings up historical situations (like you have done in the past and did above) and CHANGES THE FACTS to suit your argument!! If you want to have an intelligent debate DONT LIE, but speak factually! I actually get quite amused reading King and killa hand your as s  to you over and over again in debates!!!! haha Like the poster said above; why are you even here? This is a Patriots board and NOBODY here cares about the Dolts, one of the worst teams in the league this year!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Mike Reiss just commented on his ESPN Boston sight  :

"Easy solution in my view. Instead of making it that a player can return after missing one play, increase the number of plays that the player must be sidelined to 5 and make sure someone monitors it. That would curb the practice, I would imagine."

Personally I LOVE THIS IDEA !!!

1) If a player is injured so badly that he can't make it to the sideline , it stands to reason that missing at least 5 plays would be a fair amount of time to properly evaluate his health .

2) I would add that if a coach wanted to insert him back into the line-up before his 5 plays were up - a time-out would have to be used .

3 ) The penalty for a coach sending a player back onto the field  before his 5 plays were up would be a 15 yard penalty AND loss of a time out .

4 )  Injured Offensive players would be exempt from the 5 play rule .

5) Repeated offences would result in the COACHES being fined .

FLOPPING WOULD SOON BE HISTORY .

I believe this is a serious issue that falls under GODells "Integrity of the Game " statute and should be adressed sooner rather than later as it's only going to get worse as the  NFL's  no-hudddle -hurry-up  - passing game mentality continues to flourish .

WE CAN CALL IT THE REISS RULE !

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I think one way to combat that kind of gamesmanship is to start running the ball,  get the D out of the mode and then go right back into the no huddle. I thought it was obvious too, but you can't prove who is hurt and who isn't.

you are right we can't prove who is hurt, but if a player is hurt he should probably remain hurting for 15 minutes? so he shouldn't be able to come back in that series.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

it's always been part of the game, one team gets hot on a drive, especially towards the end of a game, the other starts taking dives. Cannot stop this without taking a fairly drastic step. What Reiss proposes might work, but then teams will put in "dummy" substitutions to loose non-vital players, sort of like a hockey team sending in a goon to pick a fight with the other team's star player. The chess match will never end. Unless, of course, the Colts are involved. Then you can be sure the competition committee will suddenly take it up.

LOL...can't wait until this years game against the colts...that WILL be fun...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

"Easy solution in my view. Instead of making it that a player can return after missing one play, increase the number of plays that the player must be sidelined to 5 and make sure someone monitors it. That would curb the practice, I would imagine."

If it becomes common aginst the no huddle the league will have to do something. Unfortunately the the rules committee moves so slow that nothing will be done until after the season is over.

Sections
Shortcuts