Falcons = Pretenders...9ers, Giants = Class of NFC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Falcons = Pretenders...9ers, Giants = Class of NFC

No one else even close. Barring injury, this is once again the NFC Championship game.

If the Pats do make the Super Bowl, I really hope their offensive line is healthy, and with depth. Both these teams can seriously get after the QB. Aldon Smith is a beast among beasts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Falcons = Pretenders...9ers, Giants = Class of NFC

I agree. The Falcons keep squeezing out close wins...meanwhile the 49ers and Giants have been beating quality teams (Giants may have struggled before, but they step up against tougher opponents). 

Pending some big change, I wouldn't be suprised to see a Giants vs 49ers rematch...although nothing is a given.

At this moment, I can't see anyone besides the 49ers, Giants, Falcons (despite everything, they're in good position for a bye, and one win gets them to NFC championship), and maybe the Packers making it to the NFC championship, with the 49ers and G-men as my personal favorites right now. Bears aren't going there if their o-line cannot protect Jay Cutler (then again, same thing can be said for the Packers, and their defense is worse than the Bears).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Giants will not make it back to the SB. They played a severly depleted GB team tonight, and if they do have to go SF again this year, they will lose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

When is Greg Jennings coming back? The guy has been out forever...which is a shame because he is a big threat when he is healthy and playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Giants will not make it back. They played a severly depleted GB team tonight, and if they do have to go SF again this year, they will lose.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that GB was depleted, but even with Woodson/Matthews etc., they would not have won this game. They cannot run the football.

Giants may not be consistent, but they rise to competition and play their best games against the best. I would favor SF, too, but I would not be shocked in the least if the Giants got past them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nothing trumps a rush like a run game and screen passes.  This year we have both working for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Giants will not make it back. They played a severly depleted GB team tonight, and if they do have to go SF again this year, they will lose.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that GB was depleted, but even with Woodson/Matthews etc., they would not have won this game. They cannot run the football.

Giants may not be consistent, but they rise to competition and play their best games against the best. I would favor SF, too, but I would not be shocked in the least if the Giants got past them.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. While the Giants have had some bad losses (Bengals, Eagles), they have beat up the Packers and 49ers. While they lost to the Steelers, it was still a close game. I'm very excited for the game next week against the Redskins.

That's also the difference between our offense and GB's. We can run the ball, they cannot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think some of you guys have way too much respect for NY, which to some degree is understandable. But I'll tell you the same thing I preached all summer to Cardinals fans, they will not repeat. They may get hot, they may threaten, but someone will eventually beat them. I got told by Stl. fans I was a troll and a hater for my trouble, but made sure I went back with a big ole' I told you when it was over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing trumps a rush like a run game and screen passes.  This year we have both working for us.

[/QUOTE]

True. And hopefully, Gronk will be healthy (and in shape) by then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True. And hopefully, Gronk will be healthy (and in shape) by then.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. GB was one dimensional tonight, and Rodgers' O line looked live a siv.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

I think some of you guys have way too much respect for NY, which to some degree is understandable. But I'll tell you the same thing I preached all summer to Cardinals fans, they will not repeat. They may get hot, they may threaten, but someone will eventually beat them. I got told I was a troll and a hater for my trouble, and made sure I went back with a big ole' I told you when it was over.

[/QUOTE]

That's a respectable opinion...and it may be true to an extent. If there is one thing we also know about the Giants, it is that they are a very up and down team. We'll just have to wait and see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

I think some of you guys have way too much respect for NY, which to some degree is understandable. But I'll tell you the same thing I preached all summer to Cardinals fans, they will not repeat. They may get hot, they may threaten, but someone will eventually beat them. I got told I was a troll and a hater for my trouble, and made sure I went back with a big ole' I told you when it was over.

[/QUOTE]

Terrible comparison. I don't think anyone the Cardinals would threaten...not with Koln or Skelton at QB. Giants have been there and done that. It seems like they start every season at 6-2, struggle midway, then play their best during the playoffs.

I would not have picked the Gmen to win it all in '07 or '11...but they did. They play big in big games, I won't ever count the Giants out until they are eliminated. 

The 49ers are looking scary good right now too. I think the biggest difference between the 49ers defense and the Texan's is that the 49ers have a much more physical secondary. I also think Kaepernick's upside is much larger than Alex Smith's...second year QB leading a strong defense to potentially a number 2 seed...sound familiar?

My pick right now in the NFC is the 49ers. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if GB or NYG represents. As long as you have a good coach and a good QB, you've got a pretty good shot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a respectable opinion...and it may be true to an extent. If there is one thing we also know about the Giants, it is that they are a very up and down team. We'll just have to wait and see.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, but this "push the button and start winning" stuff will eventually come to an end. One day soon theyre going to push the button and nothing will happen. Then theyre going to say "ohhh CRAP....." and itll be the last we hear from them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Terrible comparison. I don't think anyone the Cardinals would threaten...not with Koln or Skelton at QB. Giants have been there and done that. It seems like they start every season at 6-2, struggle midway, then play their best during the playoffs.

I would not have picked the Gmen to win it all in '07 or '11...but they did. They play big in big games, I won't ever count the Giants out until they are eliminated. 

The 49ers are looking scary good right now too. I think the biggest difference between the 49ers defense and the Texan's is that the 49ers have a much more physical secondary. I also think Kaepernick's upside is much larger than Alex Smith's...second year QB leading a strong defense to potentially a number 2 seed...sound familiar?

My pick right now in the NFC is the 49ers. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if GB or NYG represents. As long as you have a good coach and a good QB, you've got a pretty good shot

[/QUOTE]

Terrible comparison? Is that so? Did Kolb or Skelton pitch for the Cardinals this summer? When did Arizona win a Championship, and why would I be preaching to Arizona fans ALL SUMMER that their team was not going to repeat? "You guys will NOT REPEAT as last place losers, you will do much better this year." Some prophecy......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49ers are the only class of the AFC, Bears are second. Like someone said before, no Woodson or Mathews and you turn an already bad Packers defense into one of, if not the worst, defense in NFL history. 

If the 49ers run into the Giants, the Bears or any other team that can muster up a quality running game the Giants would be toast. 

My fear of the Giants is at a 2 if we were to meet them in the SB, my fear of the Texans/49ers is at an 8. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

Giants will not make it back to the SB. They played a severly depleted GB team tonight, and if they do have to go SF again this year, they will lose.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure GB was at full strength last year and the game was in GB and the Giants trashed them then too.

Pretty sure the Giants went to SF this year and trashed them 26-3. 

Clearly you don't like the Giants and won't let the actual results get in the way of your predictions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

49ers are the only class of the AFC, Bears are second. Like someone said before, no Woodson or Mathews and you turn an already bad Packers defense into one of, if not the worst, defense in NFL history. 

If the 49ers run into the Giants, the Bears or any other team that can muster up a quality running game the Giants would be toast. 

My fear of the Giants is at a 2 if we were to meet them in the SB, my fear of the Texans/49ers is at an 8. 

[/QUOTE]

Really.  An 8 for a SF team that the Giants thrashed in week 6 (in SF) 26 to 3 while the giants get a 2?

Sorry I fear the team that has beat the pats twice in the SB and plays it's best in the play-offs.  I will ALWAYS fear the team that has actually gotten it done over the team people "think" can get it down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure GB was at full strength last year and the game was in GB and the Giants trashed them then too.

Clearly you don't like the Giants and won't let the actual results get in the way of your predictions.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Giants defense is probably the only defense that Aaron Rodgers fears in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers isn't a man who likes to get hit, I know Stephen A. Smith loves to say Brady tap dances under pressure, but he clearly has yet to witness Aaron Rodgers when he suspects pressure.

Then, as we've already seen, if you don't keep the Giants DL guessing and you tell them to pass-rush on every down, they'll cause chaos. The Packers have a very bad rushing attack, the Giants just have to play Rodgers like they played Brady in 2007. Get to him fast and make him hurt.

The Packers won't ever best the Giants anytime soon, but there are plenty of teams in the NFC who can. 

On the 49ers, they're a joke with Alex Smith. The Giants played them exactly how you're supposed to. You man to man and you stuff the box with 9 to take away Frank Gore. You take a lead against the 49ers with Alex Smith and you win. Forcing Alex Smith to beat you is exactly how Belichick, and anyone else with a brain, would play the 49ers.  Eli Manning didn't even have a good game against them he went 15-28 193 yards. 

With Kapernick, the Giants won't have such an easy challenge. Kapernick has an arm on him and manning up his WRs could lead to big plays, something Alex Smith is lacking in. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really.  An 8 for a SF team that the Giants thrashed in week 6 (in SF) 26 to 3 while the giants get a 2?

Sorry I fear the team that has beat the pats twice in the SB and plays it's best in the play-offs.  I will ALWAYS fear the team that has actually gotten it done over the team people "think" can get it down.

[/QUOTE]

Bro, I'm not afraid of The Giants for the very simple reason that if Wes Welker held on to that first down, we have a different story here. This year, if Gronk and Hern ever get closer to form, and with the addition of Ridley and Vereen, Welker doesn't have to make that catch. 

Ridley would run through that defense like paper. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Giants defense is probably the only defense that Aaron Rodgers fears in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers isn't a man who likes to get hit, I know Stephen A. Smith loves to say Brady tap dances under pressure, but he clearly has yet to witness Aaron Rodgers when he suspects pressure.

Then, as we've already seen, if you don't keep the Giants DL guessing and you tell them to pass-rush on every down, they'll cause chaos. The Packers have a very bad rushing attack, the Giants just have to play Rodgers like they played Brady in 2007. Get to him fast and make him hurt.

The Packers won't ever best the Giants anytime soon, but there are plenty of teams in the NFC who can. 

On the 49ers, they're a joke with Alex Smith. The Giants played them exactly how you're supposed to. You man to man and you stuff the box with 9 to take away Frank Gore. You take a lead against the 49ers with Alex Smith and you win. Forcing Alex Smith to beat you is exactly how Belichick, and anyone else with a brain, would play the 49ers.  Eli Manning didn't even have a good game against them he went 15-28 193 yards. 

With Kapernick, the Giants won't have such an easy challenge. Kapernick has an arm on him and manning up his WRs could lead to big plays, something Alex Smith is lacking in. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow that's alot of faith for a QB that has started all of 2 games and zero in the playoffs.  Again, my money is on the team that has already done it rather then a team with an inexperienced QB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right. A Packers team that hadnt played a meaningful game in over a month and was clearly rusty. So no, they were not nearly at full strength, and were also defending champions--which only drives home my point that no one repeats any more. NY is defending champion THIS year. Also a NY team last year that still had Manningham who is now with SF. And if you think the SF team that lost to NY a few weeks ago is the same team out there now, you havent been watching. And dont forget that SF beat NY in the regular season last year, and would have beaten them again if Kyle Williams hadnt done the most boneheaded play of all time in the NFCCG and handed it to the Giants. The Giants will not repeat as Super Bowl champions, and I dont understand anyone who's not a Giants fan thinking they will. For some reason, its become almost politically incorrect to ever criticize the Giants, to say Eli Manning isnt an elite QB, or to insinuate that they might not actually win the Super Bow every single year from now to eternity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My fear of the Giants is at a 2 if we were to meet them in the SB, my fear of the Texans/49ers is at an 8

[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Tired of the Giants turning it on when others in the division are creeping up or in elimination games all other times playing like crap. No team can win on demand, does not matter how good you are.

It's going to bite them soon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tired of the Giants turning it on when others in the division are creeping up or in elimination games all other times playing like crap. No team can win on demand, does not matter how good you are.

It's going to bite them soon.

[/QUOTE]

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My fear of the Giants is at a 2 if we were to meet them in the SB, my fear of the Texans/49ers is at an 8

[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 49rs are the team to beat and the stiffest opponent.

NE is a bad matchup for Chicago. Don't see the Falcons being dynamic enough.

Think the Giants would not be as bad a matchup anymore due to the Pats running game and the odds Gronk will play..big difference. Could be a blowout.

I think GB and NO might be interesting challenges for the Pats. A shootout where a punt or FG is considered a bad possession.