Falcons = Pretenders...9ers, Giants = Class of NFC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Falcons = Pretenders...9ers, Giants = Class of NFC

Of course, the Pats have to get past the Texans. And to belittle  a team that you've gone 0-2 against in the SB (including the 'perfect' season) & haven't beaten since the 38-35 thriller in '07 (including exhibitions, which of course, means next to nothing) is rather ridiculous. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Giants will not make it back to the SB. They played a severly depleted GB team tonight, and if they do have to go SF again this year, they will lose.

[/QUOTE]

Me thinks you protest too much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

49ers are the only class of the AFC, Bears are second. Like someone said before, no Woodson or Mathews and you turn an already bad Packers defense into one of, if not the worst, defense in NFL history. 

If the 49ers run into the Giants, the Bears or any other team that can muster up a quality running game the Giants would be toast. 

My fear of the Giants is at a 2 if we were to meet them in the SB, my fear of the Texans/49ers is at an 8

[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.

[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, and I can't quite put my finger on it, the Texans don't scare me at all. Like Atlanta, I don't think they're as good as their record (Bill Parcells' wisdom aside). Conversely, I think the Giants are far better than their record.

I think the 9ers are the best overall team, but the Giants have a cockiness about them that is backed up by success; a potent cocktail. I strongly believe those two will slug it out for the NFCCG, and my gut tells me its a 55/45 SF victory proposition, but could go either way.

On the AFC side, I think New England's health is the prevailing issue. The Ravens are just not the same team without Lewis and Webb, and I see 2 or 3 more losses looming on their schedule. The Texans are losing personnel on D, and have been eeking out wins against marginal competition. Denver is simply overmatched. If, come year end, Gronk is at 80% or better, and Vollmer and the O-guards are healthy, I don' t see any of the AFC teams beating us. Of course, Houston has a chance to change my mind in 3 weeks, but even if they prevail it would be over a Gronkless Pats. In any event, that game and the 9ers game will provide much clarity as to whether the Pats D is improving (which I think it is), or has just benefitted from recent weak competition.

My crystal ball points to a Pats vs. 9ers/Giant Super Bowl. Right now I would favor the Pats by 3 over the Giants, and the 9ers by 1 over the Pats. Either way, I think it's going to be an exciting Super Bowl this year...that is, if NE is in it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one else even close. Barring injury, this is once again the NFC Championship game.

If the Pats do make the Super Bowl, I really hope their offensive line is healthy, and with depth. Both these teams can seriously get after the QB. Aldon Smith is a beast among beasts.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Ironically, the Pats have had more success on the ground with Thomas at LG. Thomas and Wendell have been pleasant surprises. Thomas has played so well, Mankins had better watch his back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Have to give it to Falcons tonight though; finally got a win that wasn't a squeaker. Even though the Saints are coming apart at the seams, gettting 5 picks and no TDs for Brees is quite a feat.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think some of you guys have way too much respect for NY, which to some degree is understandable. But I'll tell you the same thing I preached all summer to Cardinals fans, they will not repeat. They may get hot, they may threaten, but someone will eventually beat them. I got told by Stl. fans I was a troll and a hater for my trouble, but made sure I went back with a big ole' I told you when it was over.

[/QUOTE]

ur an idiot

[/QUOTE]

Why do you get all butt hurt every time somebody on this forum has an opinion about the Giants that you don't agree with. I believe I told you before that if you want to hear good, wholesome, positive opinions about the Giants, why don't you go to a Giants forum and sing Kumbaya with your own fan base.

"Hi I am a Giants fan and I really don't appreciate you Patriots fans saying bad things about my team. That's just not right man and it's down right rude. Stop it you guys because it makes me mad" Works better if you say it in a voice that is banned on this forum!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Giants... "Class" of NFC? REALLY????

Only a rosy glassed devoted fans of theirs can look at their body of work this season and make this claim. How can you possibly have them as front runners with losses to: the underachieving 'Boys, woe be gone Eagles, the old/injured/finished Steelers, and the Bengals? Throw in wins by 7 over the Bucs, 4 over the 'Skins, and 5 in the rematch with the 'Boys... This body of work does nit scream FRONT RUNNER. Cripes! At least the Pats beat the Bills and JESTS! twice!!!!  Oooo! The Giants went on the road and beat up the 49'ers! Oooo! Need I remind fans what happened in 2001, when the Rams, they of the Greatest Show on Turf, AND defending NFL Champoions, beat the Pats in the regular season. I seem to recall a different outcome in that season's Super Bowl.

Before crowning the Giants, any NFC team, or any AFC team for that matter as the front runner, let's see how this season plays out. Once the seeds are determined, we can take a better OBJECTIVE look at who could do what to whom. Matchups and injuries do play a major role in determining post season wins. Anyone like the Texans chances with the starting LB's all out now? What if Big Ben isn't 100% and teh Steelers get into the playoffs?

Give it time. We have until the end of December.

14. This post has been removed.