Familiarity breeds contempt.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Familiarity breeds contempt.

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

How is it better?  Anyone with 1/2 a brain can see why it's more together than it was through Sept last year.

"maybe it's good, but it ain't"?

Like I said, please get to a college. Any college.

i said "maybe it's good maybe it ain't"  if ur gonna rag me be accurate

hey i dont give a **** about ur D but as a football discussion I would like to know how it is better...

chandler jones is a legit pass rusher and if the cornerbacks catch the ball when it is throwns to them, the defense will be fine.

okay at least thats an answer...u trust ur corners against top qbs?

to a point, as long as they can limit the big plays, they should be OK.....but like i said, when the ball hits the cornerbacks in the hands, they have to catch it....they definitely improved on that in the buffalo game. big challenge this week vs peyton, we'll see if they are up to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I think the defense is clearly better than last year. After 4 games they have given two excellent performances (weeks 1 & 2) one good performance (week 4) and one godawful stinker (Ravens). I will take this anyday. They are making average QB's look average and except for the Ravens game they have been very stout against the run (last year they were actually pretty bad against the run if you look at the stats despite the presence of Wilfork). With this defense and the Pats typically great offense I think the Pats can beat anyone, anywhere and I would pick them over the Ravens still if they meet in the playoffs (only a healthy Houston team scares me right now and I would give the Pats at least 50% of beating them on the road as of today).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

The defense is much better than last season. Anyone watching that knows anything about football can see it. Anyone who follows the Patriots also knows that BB defenses always improve as the season goes, playing their best in late season.

i swear there are trolls here that want the defense to play badly, and they love to point it out right here. Usually the same people who scream troll when someone says Brady made a bad pass.

They're just very sick people who are really just Brady fans and not really Pats fans. 

Two peas in a pod or maybe even the same pea.

No one wants the D to look bad, quite the opposite.  Iv'e wanted them to look good for the past 3 years or so, it just hasn't happened yet.

Like I said it  appears to have improved some but still is having problems with 3rd downs and is still giving up long plays.  .  Without Spikes forced fumbles and some nice ints, it would be much worse.  They relied on that too much last year to get off the field and when it didn't happen, there were problems.

Yes, Rusty, some people are very sick.  The ones that can't  give any kudo's to Brady and his # 1  offense but praise the 25th, or 31st, or now currently 20th ranked D.  I would call that very sick and blind to boot.  Also those mimicking crusty, BB's D's don't start out slow. There were times (many) they were ranked in the top 10.  They weren't slow then at all but unfortunately the last time was about 4 or 5 years ago.

Do you guys actually believe the zebrs's actually only skewed the Pat's D?  Not the Pat's O or the rest of the league.?   They are solely responsible for the Pats 20th ranking? 

Grow up and quit with the excuses.

The O left a lot of points out on the field too.  They are far from perfect but they are #1.

When the D get's there, let us know.  Until then, there will be concern. .Any of you listen to Hart and Perillo today?   They got concerns too.  Just chock it up to being haters and trolls, like you always do.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Stats?  It's all about match ups!   I don't see good matchups in favor of the Broncos.   Manning won't be going deep so the CB's giving up big plays isn't going to happen in this one.  The D stops the run, so Manning will be playing the short and mid field which really seems to be a Patriots D strength this season.  On the Pats offensive side of the ball they are going to pick up right where they left off last game.  Lots of good stuff to build on from last Sunday.  The run game is there, the coaching staff has figured how to use it now, it's going to be key in this game and it's going to open everything up for this offense.  I loved the play from Fells last week, his blocking looked very good and will be key again this game.  I just see the Patriots being bale to do whatever they want on offense against the Broncos and the D playing very tough, full of energy type game this week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Pezz~

There are 4 games...that's it, so this shouldn't be too difficult a task:  Simply check out the play-by-play drive stats of NE's opponents, in order to see just HOW often, and HOW many points the opposing team placed points on the scoreboard during either TO's and/or Drives which began in NE's own territory...  This year it's been insane.  I didn't even get to WATCH this game or the last 1, but I know simply from the minute and a half highlights that in this last game, there were 2 drives by the opposition which began AT the 20 yard line (from the endzone...again, 2 at least).  Consecutively, I recall from simply watching the minute long highlight from the previous game, that their was 1 more scoring drive by NE's opponent which began at the 6 yard line (6 yards...from the endzone).  And I KNOW, that we were discussing instances of this ON HERE, during the 1st 2 contests...

So c'mon man...  You're really desperately reaching for straws here.  There are 4 games thus far, just occuring under the course of only 1 month.  In otherwords, I can't imagine that this is a memory issue (just a deliberate selectively-reasoned one).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

I think a lot of the problem is that we are playing a pretty conservative defense.  There was a time we moved a lot of people around on the line, disguised blitzes, and blitzed a lot.  Not so much anymore.  Now it's stay in and control your lanes, rush 4, safeties and corners stay back and play zone. 

^What this guy said, the D will remain "bend don't break" plain vanilla until the post season nears... expect shoot outs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Pezz~

There are 4 games...that's it, so this shouldn't be too difficult a task:  Simply check out the play-by-play drive stats of NE's opponents, in order to see just HOW often, and HOW many points the opposing team placed points on the scoreboard during either TO's and/or Drives which began in NE's own territory...  This year it's been insane.  I didn't even get to WATCH this game or the last 1, but I know simply from the minute and a half highlights that in this last game, there were 2 drives by the opposition which began AT the 20 yard line (from the endzone...again, 2 at least).  Consecutively, I recall from simply watching the minute long highlight from the previous game, that their was 1 more scoring drive by NE's opponent which began at the 6 yard line (6 yards...from the endzone).  And I KNOW, that we were discussing instances of this ON HERE, during the 1st 2 contests...

So c'mon man...  You're really desperately reaching for straws here.  There are 4 games thus far, just occuring under the course of only 1 month.  In otherwords, I can't imagine that this is a memory issue (just a deliberate selectively-reasoned one).

Not reaching for anything, just pointing that out that after 1/4th of the season
    , not much has changed statistically for the D.

If you guys think everything is hunkydory (sp) than it must be and every one else with concerns is certifiable.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Pezz~

Not reaching for anything, just pointing that out that after 1/4th of the season
    , not much has changed statistically for the D.

If you guys think everything is hunkydory (sp) than it must be and every one else with concerns is certifiable.

Hate this darn no edit!!!

Oh one more thing, the Pats have 7 fumbles with 4 lost.  That is about average so far.  There are some teams with 10 fumbles but I guess no one else's fumbles have hurt any other teams defensive stats.  Only the Pat's D.  It's conspiracy.  Godell demanded it!

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts