Fan base Power Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Fan base Power Rankings

Patriots fans are the bottom rung - Foxborough crowd is one of the worst -- and quietest in football. It's a fact.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079329/article/fan-base-power-rankings-packers-bills-on-top

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Fan base Power Rankings

The open design of the stadium doesn't help any either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

was at the game sunday vs denver....I though the crowd noise was pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I was surprised to see us at the bottom of the rung myself. I don’t think we are the worst crowd or fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When you compare The Razor with other stadiums, it does not have the high walls and overhangs that hold the noise in like most others.  True, I have seen many comments here about how Pats fans seem to "sit" on their hands, but, I am certain they are loud but the sound carries out of the stadium versus rebounding back into it.  A poor design for that while other stadiums build theirs for that purpose.  IE - Seattle has that reputation.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

New England fans are quiet in baseball and basketball too. The Celtics crowd gets loud when they are on a run but deathly quiet otherwise. Oklahoma City and Golden St are super loud (on TV that is). Maybe there has been so much winning that unless something spectacular happens it's ho hum. The 49ers crowd didn't seem loud on TV in the late 80's either to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

1. A lot of fans showed up in 2001. Not pointing any fingers at anyone, I'm pretty sure the people on the boards are among the real fans...but there are alot of band wagon fans who will probably stop rooting for the pats once number 12 and bb leave.

2. Stadium is quiet. It will never get as loud as a dome or most outdoor stadiums because of the structure, but it could probably still get louder.

3. Super Bowl showings. What were the numbers this past Super Bowl. I remember in the 07-08 season the Giants fans seemed to outnumber Pats fans by a considerable amount.

Only way to move up those power rankings is for the Pats to go through consecutive losing seasons for the majority of the fan base to remain intact/passionate.

I could care less about these rankings. Just win baby.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Boston is used to ancient sports traditions; being there at the beginning. That just isn't the case with football. The Pats just don't have the ancient lore of the other teams. That matters here.

And yeah, the stadium isn't loud. Plus, tons of those club seats are bought by business to schmooze with. That brings a bunch of casual fans into the place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to NYPat's comment:

Patriots fans are the bottom rung - Foxborough crowd is one of the worst -- and quietest in football. It's a fact.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079329/article/fan-base-power-rankings-packers-bills-on-top

Very distorted statistic---the real Pats fans that would go rabid at the stadium have been priced out due to ticket prices--and Boston and NE  fans are some of the most die hard fans in the country. A lot of the seats go to corporate guys,(white collar types), basically treating the game like a golf outing involving bussines. Lower the prices and that place would become like Oakland--New Bedford, Lowell, Fall River,Providence,etc would be attending---sorry if I offended anyone not my intention. And the stadium was not built properly to hold IN noise -- Mr. Kraft had a different agenda--like starting a football league in Israel!  Stadium built for corporate types--luxury suites, etc 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There are a number of factors going on that contribute to that:

1) The stadium design is horrible to bounch sound around. Any noise easily leaks out and prevents it really getting loud

2) Ticket prices are high preventing many loyal die hards from attending. I use to freeze my butt off on the metal bleachers at the old stadium when tickets were cheap with my dad. Now I have to plan almost a mini vacation just to go to a game once a year. This brings in the wine and cheese crowd that is there to be scene not heard

3) Pats fans are spoiled. We know we are going to the post season so many don't feel the need to get loud during the regular season. I have noticed it can get loud during the post season but regular season is pretty tame

4) Kraft is trying to make it a family event. I have been told by security people to not stand up and not to scream because I was upsetting the housewives of where ever socializing near by. Mind you I wasn't even drunk and even regular season ticket holders around me were saying that I wasn't bothering them but they hear security guards say that all the time to people. It's not like in the old stadium where a person could stand up and get the crowd going. No now a days a person not even drinking gets yelled at if they stand up

5) Speaking of socializing house wives and business men trying to conduct business, the pink hat crowd has taken over and have no clue when or how to cheer. It's comical because I saw one lady sit there and start yelling when the Pats went into a 2min drill. The poor husband tried to tell her that you want the place as quiet as a pin drop for the 2 min drill but she just couldn't grasp that concept. You'd be surprised how many people cheer and get loud when Brady's on the field running the no huddle but go quiet when the opponents on the field because they don't know better.

Somedays I wish we could have the old metal bleachers back because it would prevent the non-fans from wanting to go but then I remember this is the price we pay for being a winning team. Truth is none of the above would exist if we were a winning franchise, like the Jets. And it could be worse, we could have fans who toss quarters at the bottom of stairs wait for kids to gather to pick them up and pee on them, like the Jets or have fans that basically molest women in the stadium and forcable rip their shirts off when women are saying no, like the Jets

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

1. A lot of fans showed up in 2001. Not pointing any fingers at anyone, I'm pretty sure the people on the boards are among the real fans...but there are alot of band wagon fans who will probably stop rooting for the pats once number 12 and bb leave.

2. Stadium is quiet. It will never get as loud as a dome or most outdoor stadiums because of the structure, but it could probably still get louder.

3. Super Bowl showings. What were the numbers this past Super Bowl. I remember in the 07-08 season the Giants fans seemed to outnumber Pats fans by a considerable amount.

Only way to move up those power rankings is for the Pats to go through consecutive losing seasons for the majority of the fan base to remain intact/passionate.

same thing happened to u guys as happened to an extent in ny and elsewhere: new stadium = higher tix prices and luxury boxes = wine and cheese crowd not enough hard core football fans

YUUUUUP!

I forget who, but a writer was commenting that the '200' level wasn't even filled until mid-way through the second quarter.

Attending Pats games is not for ans anymore, it's an 'event' to go to. I've heard too many fans comment on being told to "sit down" because they were being too disruptive. Sure, the upper level is populated by real fans, but they could all bring fog horns and make little difference that far from the field, and with no acoustics.

I would love to see an owner build a 100,000 seat college-style bowl. No luxury boxes, no PSLs, no pinky-extended, sushi eating, wine sipping goons in the seats. Pack it with rabid fans. The extra 30-40,000 seats would make up the financial difference. I guarantee the Pats could fill a 100,000 seat stadium every week. That's assuming the prices are aimed towards fans, and not 'status'. I mean, KC fills that place every week, and they haven't been good since Derrick Thomas passed. They weren't even that good then, but the football fans are crazier than other fans, and will show up 8 times a year regardless.

Oh well, I can't complain too much about it...but let's not forget that plenty of players have commented on it as well.

We will never see anything like we did in 2001 again where fans dug there OWN way to their seats, and all were showering each other, in unison to the music, with snow. Fans were turned away at the gate that day. Football fans, real FANS, will always support the sport.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I don't mind paying a preimum so my family doesn't have to shear space with Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious,wife beater Guy and his friends.  I don't go to their bars, dining establishments or in general any place they may happen to gather.  I am very happy they are being priced out of many venues.

I'm pretty sure Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious,wife beater Guy and his friends have never won a Football game for any team.....ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ok, so only fat, drunk, obnoxious wife-beater types like to go to football games now?

A football game doesn't seem like much of a 'family' outing to me. It's a place to be loud, pasisonate, sometimes vulgar, and expressive.

But as far as people like that winning a football game...I don't know, I hate the guy, but Sapp did have a ring...until he had to sell it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Ok, so only fat, drunk, obnoxious wife-beater types like to go to football games now?

A football game doesn't seem like much of a 'family' outing to me. It's a place to be loud, pasisonate, sometimes vulgar, and expressive.

But as far as people like that winning a football game...I don't know, I hate the guy, but Sapp did have a ring...until he had to sell it.

No and I'm not saying that.  He's the guy that ruins the experience and the one ownership wants to get rid of.  And don't kid yourself ownership wants the family because we are the ones spending big money at the consessions as well as merchandise shops and hitting the Mall before and after the game.  Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious Wife beater guy is liquoring up and eating in the parking lot and wearing their 8 year old Kevin Faulk jersey.

You actually think Kraft built that mall for Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious, Wife beater guy?  He's jumping into his 86' K-Car and driving home as soon as the game ends.  The only thing on his mind is hoping he doesn't get pulled over and if the 3 gallons of gas he put in is enough to get him there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I, too, was at the Bronco game last week. There were a few loud and obnoxious idiots in the stands by me. I don't mind telling you the rest of us in my section were glad when these punks left the game a little early. Using vulgar language, constantly standing up and blocking the view of the field, and picking fights is no way to watch a game we pay big bucks to see. It's these people that make me want to just stay home and watch the game on tv.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I agree. I recall the lean years and watching the Drew Bledsoe pick. Excited to see parcels come to town. Disappointed to see parcels fight with ownership and Will McDonahoe.  I also checked the sox box score first though and then the pats. For the last 10 years its always pats first and then the other three. I love what this team stands for. Easy to love them and root for them. Winning is the icing on the cake.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I don't mind paying a preimum so my family doesn't have to shear space with Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious,wife beater Guy and his friends.  I don't go to their bars, dining establishments or in general any place they may happen to gather.  I am very happy they are being priced out of many venues.

I'm pretty sure Fat, Drunk, Obnoxious,wife beater Guy and his friends have never won a Football game for any team.....ever.

I hope your not one of the posters complaining about the noise level then? C'mon dude it's football--smash mouth - modern day gladiator stuff-- have a beer and go crazy---or are u the wine sipping type!!!

Sections
Shortcuts